Vanguard Swimming Pool Contractors

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2008

10506 Washington Blvd

Whittier, CA 90606

We specialize in the Remodel, Construction, and Repair of swimming pools and spas. Others services offered: 3D POOL DESIGN POOL & SPA PLASTERING CONCRETE WORK PAVER INSTALLATION PLUMBING WORK EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION Services not offered: POOL & SPA MAINTENANCE...

12/16/2020

Dan P.

Called and never got a reply and don't want one. So please I don't need any threating calls from this guy.

Description of Work
pool and spa repairs.

Category pool cleaners

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for submitting your review. Kindly, not sure with the kind of people you have dealt with in the past but we don't threat people or call them regarding a negative reviews. Having said that, I'd like to respond to your comment. Perhaps you didn't take the time to look into my company's information but we don't service your area. Also, we always get bombarded with robo or unsolicited calls, therefore we don't answer calls as we use to. Thanks again for the review and I hope you got the problem with your heater resolved.

09/18/2019

NATHAN C.

Juan Arana from Vanguard personally oversaw the whole process, from the initial "dreaming" stage through detailed pricing, timeline, and construction. We always knew what to expect and when we hit the rare snag (100-year-old tree roots deep underground!) he always had a way past it. It's not too much to say that our lives at home have changed based on having not only a pool out back, but an entirely new space for relaxing and entertaining.

Description of Work
New Pool Construction

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, excavators, masonry, plastering, plumbing, drain pipe, hardscaping, swimming pools

09/01/2019

Eva C.

It was great! They explained the process and helped me understand what I need to do in the future!

Description of Work
Clean of hot tub.

06/27/2019

TYNESHA D.

By far my best experience yet with a home improvement project. I had a pool and spa installed by this company recently. Juan was very professional and work is high quality. From the day the job started, he and his workers were onsite everyday working, starting at the time he promised and working as efficiently as possible to get the job done on time, including weekends when needed. I've experienced contractors in the past that take advantage of their customers, send workers out with no supervision or don't show up at all, poor workmanship, etc. so I can truly appreciate Juan and his crew for taking such pride in their work and going above and beyond to ensure my project turned out exactly how I wanted. I highly recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
New pool and spa

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, excavators, plastering, plumbing, pool cleaners, wells, swimming pools

05/23/2019

shari young K.

Work went very efficiently! Juan was outstanding, taking time to explain a couple of other questions I had. His answers let me know that this is the company I would use when pool refinishing and bottom pool drain needed replacement! Great guy!

Description of Work
Had to trouble shoot a wiring issue with the pool motor.

01/28/2019

Marshall H.

Juan is fantastic. He actually found an earlier date than he promised, and finished the job quicker than he estimated. The pool looks and works great now. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for any kind of pool work.

Description of Work
Pool and filter equipment repaired and cleaned after contamination from fire-retardant during recent wildfire

07/18/2018

Brendan L.

Our experience with Juan and his crew was nothing short of amazing. They finished on time, on budget and the quality was top notch. I can’t recommend Juan enough. If you are looking for a pool contractor, he’s your guy.

Description of Work
We built a custom shotcrete pool/spool including 7 spa jets, 3 water features and an Endless Pools FastLane swim machine.

Category swimming pools

12/12/2017

Erica C.

Our hardscape, pavers and BBQ match the new pool coping and look fabulous. Juan and his crew did an amazing job. And in the end had to wheel barrow all the wet cement into our backyard because the mix truck didn't show in time! It looks so great and we are so very pleased. With the hardscape done we added rock and then plastered the pool. We passed all our inspections without any issues. And are closer to our final product. It is looking beautiful !! Thank you Juan.

Description of Work
Landscape - hardscape, BBQ

Category excavators, masonry, plastering, hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

12/04/2017

Erica C.

We did our homework and got 3 bids for the work to our pool and backyard area. Vanguard Swimming Pool Contractors, Juan Arana gave us the best and most detailed bid. He has been here every day since the project began with his team - on time, long hours and leaves the job site clean prior each afternoon. Our location does not have easy access, but Juan has managed just fine with no complaints. They are on schedule and when we add (and we do tend to add additional work) Juan is fair about cost and offers great suggestions and options to make our vision a reality. Every day our project looks better and better and we are excited to see its progression. I cannot recommend Juan enough. (as a matter of fact 2 of our friends have already reached out to him) I just made him promise to finish our job first. I have attached a few photo's of Demolition to reduce the pool size and Forming. Vanguard Swimming Pools did a great job with the cement coping around our pool as well as our entire backyard! Everything matched and the many pavers were done by wheel burrow and hand. Act wash finished off the great look around pool, fountain, landscape and New BBQ enclosure. Bravo Juan and your crew. So pleased.

Description of Work
We needed to reduce the size of our pool and do new coping, tile and fountain & create a BBQ area.

Category concrete repair, excavators, pool cleaners

04/19/2017

Matthew R.

This review is long overdue. I have written a total of about 5 reviews in my entire life and this is one of them. We hired Juan at Vanguard to remodel our pool two years ago while we were also amid a home renovation. Out of all the contractors we dealt with in the process, Juan was hands down the best that we worked with. The work was great, the work was done on time, and the price was right. I can't recommend him and his company enough.

Description of Work
Complete pool remodel, including replacement of pool deck. All new equipment.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, plumbing, pool cleaners, wells, drain pipe, swimming pools

03/12/2017

daniel G.

If they won't call back to get business that is really bad.

Description of Work
Wanted pool installed. Called and left name, address, and phone number and never heard from anyone.

12/20/2016

Vicki K.

Excellent work. They were on time. The project manager came every day and pitched in helping as well

Description of Work
They put in a new pool and put in pavers as well. They also did some repiping for us

Category swimming pools

02/19/2016

Jody N.

Work was excellent, prompt, and the price was fair and on target. Juan and his crew were very easy to work with. They cleaned up when they were done and made sure we knew how to reach them if we had any questions or concerns.

Description of Work
Resurfaced spa, checked electrical system cleaned pump and filters.

Category pool cleaners, wells

12/10/2015

Marjean S.

It didn't go as they never called back.

Description of Work
Nothing. We called twice and left a message and they never called back. We were very disappointed because this company got good reviews but we will never know as we had to go elsewhere.

08/21/2015

Bruce A.

Juan provided an excellent service, taking care of all the normal maintenance a pool needs after 5 years of use. I would definately contact him again for future work.

Description of Work
Pool tile cleaning, removing stains from pepple sheen plaster, cleaning mustard algae from pool and filter.

08/09/2015

michelle D.

Just wanted to share if anyone is ever in need of a Pool Contractor, this guy is absolutely AWESOME!!! Had the opportunity to work with him through a client of mine and was exceptional!! Very professional, timely, pleasant I would most definitely use him again and be sure to refer him as well.

Description of Work
Repairs and updates.

08/05/2015

Kevin C.

I was purchasing a home with a pool and needed some last minute estimates on repairs before moving any further with the home. My Realtor contacted a bunch of people but Juan was the only one who responded. He showed up at our agreed time, which I appreciated and was very professional. Based on my research (via the internet) his quote to re-plaster the pool, fix the coping and lights and re-tile the entire pool was extremely fair. We mentioned during conversation that he was the only guy who responded. He said that sometimes other contractors dont like to come out to jobs where the person does not yet own the home. As it does not often result in business for them, but that having purchased a home himself he had been in our shoes before. Ultimately I pulled out of escrow on that home because of a large and VERY vicious dog next door that I felt was a danger to my family. However if my next yard can accommodate a pool I would absolutely use Juan. I feel that workmanship AND character are both equally important in a contractor and Juan has that in spades.

Description of Work
he provided an estimate

07/23/2015

Vicki K.

Juan and crew were here almost everyday to complete the job before we left town. He was friendly and professional. The fact that he as owner was hands on made a big difference because we changed and added as the job progressed. He always responded right away to a text and his suggestions worked out perfectly. He said he only takes on one or two jobs at a time so each customer gets personal service. His crew did excellent detailed tiling and brick work. His guys would help with unrelated matters when asked. We would highly recommend Juan for pool construction or repair. He is a general contractor so he also worked on the plumbing.

Description of Work
installed 12'X25' pool from 3 1/2' to 6' deep, installed all necessary pool equipment plus heater and solar panels for heating, French drains for run off down to front yard, dug out old brink in backyard and replaced with new pavers along with two sets of stairs for our hillside, reinforced shed footing, planter around favorite tree, and did pool service while we were on vacation. had gravel poured along side of house. He also installed a demand hot water heated & re-piped gas and water.

06/27/2015

Guerin B.

It went amazingly well. Juan and his team were quick and extremely professional. The work is emaculate. My pool looks brand new and it makes our backyard look fantastic The quartz inside the plaster makes the water a beautiful clear blue color. Its refreshing just to look at!. I would hire again in an instant. The price was very good and he was able to complete the job before summer started. Thank you Vanguard!

Description of Work
I had my pool re-plastered with a special quartz mixture to double the life span on the pool.

06/20/2015

Mark C.

I couldn't be happier with the result! I originally got estimates from Juan and one other Angie-recommended provider. Not only was Juan's estimate less expensive but it was obvious from the start that he had much more expertise and integrity than the other firm. Juan and his team were responsive, hard-working professionals. I am delighted with their great work. Our pool was horrible and they made it beautiful and safe. .

Description of Work
Provider expertly replastered old pool, replaced plumbing, added drain, replaced filter and skimmer, replaced light and added switch, and installed new tiles. The pool looks brand new!

Category plumbing, pool cleaners, drain pipe, swimming pools

04/25/2015

Nicholes M.

I read reviews on Angie's list and that's why I called. Out of three other contractors Juan seemed excellent. He spent two hours at our house with lots of ideas. We really liked him and we were excited to get an estimate so we could proceed forward. It has been more than two weeks and we have heard nothing. Not a phone call or email. As much as we liked him knowing all the stories about pool contractors integrity is everything. I see he has been great for many but your only as good as your word.

Description of Work
Came to house for a consultation and estimate for a spool and patio

03/15/2015

Pat F.

These guys are very professional. They showed up on time and did ; what is a very messy job; neatly and very efficiently . After starting the job they informed me that the last company that replastered our pool had done a very sub-standard job (non-angles list). I held my breath waiting for them to tell me that the job would now cost more...Nope, didn't happen! I was pleasantly surprised to find they did not employ any of the tatics I've experienced with previous contractors, (i.e. upping the bid in the middle of a job). These guys did what they said they would do, for the price they quoted in a very timely, professional way. We are very happy with the completed work.

Description of Work
We had them replaster our pool and spa, install new tile work, and put in a decorative rock feature .

03/04/2015

Ronald G.

We needed to repair the pool/deck remodel that we had done in 2009. We received bids from numerous contractors over the course of the past couple of years. After meeting with Juan from Vanguard , we were finally ready to trust a contractor to carefully dismantle and repair the damaged areas of our deck/pool. Juan's experienced crew did a skillful, careful, thorough, and artful job on all of the areas of our property that they worked on. I would not hesitate to contract with Vanguard again or recommend Vanguard to anyone.

Description of Work
-Repaired 5-6 foot long horizontal crack in pool wall above the water line -Repaired a large elevated portion of pool deck which included- 1) carefully and skillfully removing all existing coping around the edges of elevated deck as well as removing parts of coping around pool 2) building retaining walls around the outer edge portions of the elevated deck. 3) installing drainage system on deck 4) re-installing pavers and coping pieces -Sealed pavers throughout property -Demo of broken concrete on a portion of the garage floor and poured concrete to repair garage floor -Poured concrete on another area of property

Category concrete repair, masonry, plumbing, pool cleaners, drain pipe, hardscaping

02/24/2015

Benjamin B.

We hired Juan/Vanguard Pools team to install a pool and spa. We interviewed a few companies and decided tohire Juan to build our pool for his honesty, he is easy and nice to work with and very professional and has a professional crew. The project took about almost 5 months, but most was due to the building and safety department. The quality is exceptional! I will be using Juan for my mother?s pool which needs refinishing, tile and plaster. We are so excited for the swimmer to be able to swim in our new pool!

Description of Work
New 15x30 pool with spa, rebuilt retaining wall some landscaping and beautiful decking.

Category ceramic tile, masonry, pool cleaners, hardscaping, swimming pools

02/24/2015

Benjamin B.

I just want to say Juan and his team where very professional and very nice to work with and did a beautiful job of building our pool. I will be using Vanguard pools for my mother?s pool in updating the tile and plastering.

Description of Work
Built a beutiful pool, spa and deck!

Category ceramic tile, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Lucky Sully Chimney and Duct Cleaning

TheOur family owned company stresses customer satisfaction. Michel Sullivan is a certified chimney sweep through the National Chimney Sweep Guild,(www.ncsg.org/) and Dan Sjostrom is certified thhrough the National Fireplace Institute (http://nficertified.org/pages_consumers/consumers-1.html) These keep us up to date on industry standards for all woodburning and gas fireplaces. We also carry above industry standards of insurance, bonds, and workmans's compensation. This means if we fall off your roof, we are liable and not you.

Home Renew 360

Home Renew 360 is your complete home improvement company. We offer many remodeling services that will help you and your family create the home of your dreams in an efficient, sustainable, healthy manner. Our company has over 30 years of combined experience providing exemplary service to home owners in the greater Southern California area. Home Renew 360 has the expertise and experience to apply our craftsmanship to any size remodeling project. Our goal is to make sure the job is done right and on time.

Offers by Home Renew 360 on Angi
    Patios By B&B Inc

Patios by B & B was started by Buddy and Barbara Goldman (hence the B & B) in 1974 but became a fully licensed, bonded and insured General Contractor in February of 1977. Today the company is owned and operated by Paul and Jeff Goldman, Buddies son and grandson. For over 40 years, Patios by B & B has specialized in custom designed patio covers, drop shades, sunrooms and garden rooms, pool & spa enclosures, interlocking paving stones, artificial turf, putting greens, decorative concrete overlay, vinyl replacement windows, french doors, patio doors, car ports, stamped concrete & epoxy flooring systems. Paul Goldman and Jeff Goldman personally design, manage, and oversee each project to ensure that the expectations of our customers are not only met, but exceeded. As a professional General Contractor, we approach our relationships with our clients quite differently than our competition. We are not a marketing company, therefore we don't employ any high pressure, commission salesman. We respect and value our client relationships and always offer the highest level of quality and professionalism that our clients deserve and expect. We have maintained the same professional installation crews for over 20 years with thousands of projects completed throughout Orange County, South LA and parts of the Inland Empire. We are authorized dealers for the highest rated manufacturers in our industry and offer a complete spectrum of products to address a wide range of custom applications. Patios By B&B has a massive reference base in Orange and Los Angeles Counties and offers Free Design Consultations and Cost Analysis to define and estimate your project as responsibly and cost effectively as possible. We value and honor our relationship with Angie’s List members and offer a 10% discount on the total project. Give us a call today!

California
    California: Contractors
    09/30/2024
    Check, PayPal

Complete swimming pool remodels, construction & repairs, pool plastering including pebble finish, traditional plaster, 3m plaster, authorized bead-crete applicator, coping, tile, decks, concrete & masonry.

Swimming pool maintenance.