CJ'S Plumbing N Rooter

Founded 2009 • With Angi since April 2011

7721 Newlin ave A

Whittier, CA 90602

Every customer's individual needs are important to us at CJ's PlumbingNRooter. Our focus of providing quality plumbers and service combined with honesty has made our plumbers the first choice of many residential and commercial clients . You can count on CJ's PlumbingNRooter plumber to take care of

04/06/2021

Robert F.

Jason of CJ's did an excellent job, and answered all of my bothersome questions (which I really appreciated). He recommended an additional repair and I could see that it was clearly necessary. His stucco patch work was excellent. We will definitely rehire.

Description of Work
repair kitchen clean out, replace copper lines, and patch 9 sq. Ft. of Stucco

09/16/2019

Tracy R.

Wonderful! He worked very hard at it. He tore out the existing old shower, filled out the walls, took out the bathtub and put in a shower kit.

Description of Work
He redid the whole bathroom.

Category home remodeling

04/16/2018

Chris H.

Excellent service! Within 3 hours, affected pipes were replaced and new faucet installed. Having an old house, I was prepared to face a complete re-do of the plumbing but CJ Plumbing was able to provide the repair needed. I will definitely be using them for future plumbing service!

Description of Work
Plumbing-Repair Leak

10/12/2017

David C.

CJ's was able to come out the same day, which was awesome, and showed up just when they said they would. They were helpful, informative and the price was right. Will be using them in the future for sure.

Description of Work
We had a clogged kitchen sink.

07/10/2017

Cheri E.

Service was prompt, courteous and reliable.

Description of Work
I had a new whole house water filter ration system installed, a Spicket put in for a new sprinkler system and they serviced my tankless water Heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, drain cleaning

Thank you very much, we appreciate all comments.

08/12/2016

NOT WELL AT ALL! First of all, i have waited over a week, almost 2, before I posted this to make sure the SECOND plumber i had come out succeeded. Jason showed up at my house on Monday, august 1st. From the minute he got here he was trying to see how he could upsell. This is a 60 yr old house, the drains HAVE been redone to ABS, but, because of the way the house was built there is no slope on the drain, so every year or two, pretty much since it was NEW, we have to get it snaked, the plumber comes, cleans it out and we are good for another year or two. Well Jason didn't like where the clean out was... Which was directly under the sink in the garage, he wanted to look at other drains in the house, he kept telling me there's "more than one way to skin a cat" which is an awful saying to begin with! So I finally get him to use the clean out in the garage, but the whole time he did nothing but complain about how dirty and gross it was,,,, uh,,, yeah... Its a backed up drain! Its plumbing, what did he think it was going to be! The water was disgusting, smelled like dead fish! It was gross, but he's the plumber, his job was to CLEAR the drain. So anyway, he put the snake in the drain, and several things caught my attention about it, one, he only put it in ONCE, 2, he didn't move it around at all, and 3, he only put it in "around" 40ft. AND the whole time kept saying " its not going to work, its not going to work" no kidding! If he had done it right it would have been fine. All he was concerned about was up selling. He kept telling me the ONLY way to "fix it" was to have the pipes redone or hydrojet it, of which we said we DID NOT want done, and they didn't need that anyway! He knew EXACTLY what to do for it to seem clear at the time but knew it would back up again. Sooo, when it did, the next evening! I called him back the following day and he said he knew it would do that and snaking the drain wouldn't work. That I had to do these other things. Oh and the Angie's list book states that he gives Angie's list a 10% discount, he doesn't. When I first called to make the appt I asked what the price was he said $69. I never said anything about Angie's list. Then when I said something about it he said I don't get that because he gave me the "drain special". So when I'm talking to him trying to find out what he was going to do about my drain, he was very rude, obnoxious and was basically telling me how dumb I was. He kept saying how he was a professional, no, he's not. He told me I got the special and what did I expect for $69! I expected the job to be done right! His website states the guarantee their work 100%, no, he didn't do that either, he would only come back out if I would let him hydrojet or repipe! Neither of which needed to be done to clear the line. If we want to never have trouble again, yes, a slope needs to be on the line. But to do the job he was supposed to do here, which was to clear the drain, no nietger of those things needed done. So I told him I didn't want him back out here. He only wanted to make more money, which I can see he does often by reading His reviews. He makes people who dont know any better think they need all this extra work so they have to spend a lot of money. If he'd do the job right they wouldn't need all that. I can say that with absolute certainty because I had to hire a second plumber to come out. They CLEARED the drain completely, the guy sent the snake back 75' which is what every plumber I've ever had out here has ever done, EXCEPT JASON. He stopped and started it, moved it around, pulled it back out and sent it back in a couple of times! Just like every other plumber we've ever had, except Jason. He knew just how far to go so it would back up again and he could try to get us to do everything else. DRAIN RIGHT is who did the job RIGHT. They also put a camera through the drain so I could see what was going on, guess what Jason, you Yelled at me in the phone that our pipes were OLD and they needed to be replaced, no they Don't! There's nothing wrong with them! Just the slope. Drain Right told me that if I didn't was to keep calling a plumber every couple of years to HV the drains put on a slope but the drain was Clear! They were very friendly, not pushy at all. Didn't try to up sell at all, gave me the estimate I asked for and said whenever you want just let us know. THEY CLEARED THE DRAIN. Ran a camera in it all for ONLY $45!! JASON acted like I was stupid for expecting my drain to be clear for $69. Consumers need to beware of him, he knows just what to do so that it seems clear and then its not and he can say, as he said to me, " I told you it wouldn't work!" Uh yeah, when you don't do the job right, its not going to work! By the way, IRS been Almost 2 weeks since the second plumber, DRAIN RIGHT, came out and I've had no problems since. I will never have Jason's company come out again and will tell every person I can about his dishonesty and incompetence

Description of Work
We needed a garage laundry sink cleared.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member name removed], First I would like to say thank you for your comment we appreciate all comments good or bad it helps us grow as a company. Now I would like to address some of your concerns on how we handled your job. I would like to start by saying we do not up sell clients, we educate them however on the options for a repair. Regarding the pricing if you look at our Angie'[Member Information Removed] list ad online or in the book our $69 special is on there for all Angie'[Member Information Removed] list customers, I am sorry if you assumed you would receive an additional discount . I do believe we tried every option to make you happy including applying the amount paid to future services, but we were unsuccessful in doing so. Based on your comment It sounds like the plumber you had come out after us pretty much told you the same thing we said, you need to replace your pipes. Not sure why or how you let the plumber install your pipes with no slope but any master plumber would have done this correctly. I am confident in time you will find we are the most upfront, trustworthy and professional plumber company on the market, we will use this experience to provide even better service to our customers. Again thank you for you business and your comment.

07/09/2016

Wilma S.

They were very good.

04/15/2016

Wilma S.

Description of Work
It went well.

03/28/2016

Scott O.

Very well and very efficient. He gave adivice about my very old toilet, and he will install a new one on his next visit.

Description of Work
Unplugged my bathroom sink drain.

03/03/2016

Luis B.

I purchased a drain cleaning deal on a Wednesday and by Thursday evening they were on-site to clear my clogged bathtub drain. They were quick and efficient and completely professional. All my calls to them were answered in a timely manner and they were in contact with me at all times regarding their time of arrival. I highly recommend them and would definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
They unclogged my bathtub drain.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/04/2016

Sherri K.

Description of Work
The plumber was really nice, he took the time go resolve our clog.

01/27/2016

Janet M.

Jason from CJ'S Plumbing answered my call for help and came to my home promptly. We thought it was a simple blockage in the sewer line that could be fixed with the rooter treatment. It was not. The following morning he returned with the camera equipment and found that the line was filled with tree roots and the pipe joints were broken. The had to insert a sleeve and filler to give us a new and workable system. The sewer line extended from the house, under our concrete stairway and down to the street. Luckily, we had the option of fixing it with the sleeve insert and this allowed the repair without having to break up and dig through the concrete. Two workers completed the entire job in one day. They were clean and courteous and professional at all times. Jason told us what the problem way, showed the pictures using the camera inside the pipe, explained the method he planned to use to fix it and we agreed. Our property was left in clean and intact condition. All holes were filled in with dirt and all debris cleaned and disposed of. They even washed off our stair steps and porch and left everything clean and tidy. We are very pleased with the work and we were given a warranty on the work performed. I would use this company again if the need arose.

Description of Work
Diagnosed the problem of sewer blockage. Determined that our clay pipes were all broken at the joints and filled with tree roots. Could not use roto-rooter due to the breaks in pipe. Ultimately inserted 40' of plastic sleeving inside the broken pipes and created a whole new pathway to the sewer. The work was completed in one day, as promised.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

01/13/2016

Mark L.

11/19/2015

Cynthia H.

Did an excellent, quick job. Very clean and friendly. Such a blessing to have finally found a quality plumber in this area that charges reasonable fees. I will definitely call him in the future!

Description of Work
Installed a new kitchen sink faucet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for your comments these go along way.

11/05/2015

Dan C.

He arrived when he said he would. Very professional and honest. Cleaned out our drain. All is good!!!

Description of Work
Unclogged drain and ran Hydro Jet thru pipe.

11/03/2015

Ian M.

Description of Work
Unblocked drain in bathtub and evaluated other drains in the house clearing one in bathroom sink.

10/03/2015

Nathan M.

Great service, extremely responsive and honest. Was in and out, and leak repaired with no hassles.

Description of Work
Replaced section of leaking pipe.

Category plumbing

Thank you we really appreciate your feed back with our service. We hope you are now a client for life.

09/14/2015

Casey H.

Description of Work
Jason did not show up on the scheduled day. He did not call me to reschedule or notify me at all. I took a half day at work to handle the plumbing issue and sat at home waiting until I reached out to him. He let me know his mid week project turned into a 3 day project and he was going to call me. He obviously knew the day before he wasn't coming to my house. Once I called him, he did reschedule for the weekend and did the job that I asked for him. Also, I feel as though he raised his price to negate the value of the Angie's List deal. I have had similar jobs done before and was charged much less. He was very polite and did exactly what I wanted. That being said, I would not recommend him.

08/28/2015

Melanie G.

Did not contact as stated on the website after the purchase of the deal. I contacted them after the date stated and found out that I could not use the deal because it was basically for single family residences not townhomes or condos. I am in a townhouse. I decided to pay the difference and use them anyway since I desperately needed my sink fixed, but to no avail that did not work out. They didn't show on the date that was stated to me and then did not show on a later date that was told to me again.

Description of Work
Nothing,

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

(Removed member name), Again I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. I did try to re scheduled but you declined.

08/25/2015

Carol A. S.

Called early AM. He arrived as expected mid morning. Got clog clear by noon.

Description of Work
On time. As estimated. Clean, friendly. Did a great job.

Thank you!!

08/21/2015

Nagesh T.

Description of Work
clean drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your review..

06/18/2015

Sheila B.

He was here on time did neat work and all the drains are working well.

Description of Work
Snaked out 3 lines.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], Thank you very much we look forward to working with you again.

04/16/2015

MARTHE M.

They have done two service jobs for me. He was always where he needed to be on time, he has a delightful personality, and he did good work. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him- he is a really professional and delightful young man. He did everything that he was supposed to do and did it with good humor, and courtesy, and cleaned up. His price was very fair.

Description of Work
I have old lines in an older house and they would get blocked up and so he has to come out and clear them. He also put in a new sink for me at another occasion. It is basic plumbing stuff that he did very well.

12/18/2014

Kristin R.

Description of Work
Jason is so nice and has come to our house a few times to address routine plumbing issues like installing a new kitchen faucet, unclogging shower drains, etc. I would definitely contact him again.

12/23/2013

Ronald G.

Excellent service. Prompt, professional and clean.

Description of Work
Unclog Bathtub

Coastal Construction & Consulting Inc

Horizon Construction & Remodeling, Inc.

Horizon Construction & Remodeling has been operating in the construction industry for the past 10 years. Our company specializes in new construction projects as well as remodeling assignments. We have vast knowledge in many aspects of remodeling such as: developing new interior or exterior design, custom kitchens, bathrooms remodel, additions, stucco, roofing, flooring, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, windows, doors, patios, sunrooms, railing, fireplaces, decks, fences, driveways, garage conversions and entire home remodeling. We believe in providing a delightful experience to the customer. Fulfilling the needs of the customer is the prime objective of our company. Our Mission is to deliver high-end quality service to customers in order to build their dream project. We work in a dedicated manner according to the interest and demand of the customer. The Philosophy of Horizon Construction & Remodeling states that the benefit of the customer will lead to a growth of the organization. Thus, with the help of expert team work we continually work to provide best quality services to the customer. Horizon Construction & Remodeling is committed to provide you best building services with the superior remodeling of your home. To us, your construction and design experience will be hassle free, satisfactory and enjoyable. We are your friendly contractor! And a reliable destination for all your remodeling and construction needs. If you are looking for home with perfect space utilization and a fresh look contact Horizon Construction & Remodeling

2022 Super Service Award

Koko Drains

Koko Drains has been serving the local area with professional drain and sewer cleaning services for more than 10 years and we have built our reputation on services that people can fully trust. With a priority for excellent customer service and satisfaction we are known for our integrity and our quality of work. Drain and sewer cleaning is our specialty. We also provide camera inspections, repairs of drain or sewer pipes as well as toilet and garbage disposal installation and more. Call us for more details or to schedule service today. Going the extra mile means… The rendering of more service, better service than you’re paid to render, doing it all the time, and doing it in a pleasant pleasing attitude. AREAS WE SERVICE: www.KokoDrains.com

2022 Super Service Award

Clogged toilet,Clogged sink & clogged drains,Sewer & Drain,Repairs Garbage disposals & repairs,Kitchen sink repairs,Sink installation,Leak detection,Leak repair,Leaking water,Low water pressure,Copper Repiping,Copper,repipe,specialist,Rusty,water,Shower,repairs,Bathtub&toilet,installations,Fixture,repairs,Fixture installation,Shower fixture installation,Sink fixture installation,Water heaters Water heater repair, Water heater installation,Tankless water heater