J & J Painting & Decorating

Founded 1983 • With Angi since November 2004

We are a family owned and operated company specializing in exterior and interior painting services. We take pride in our work and customer service and look forward to working with you soon.Please contact us directly at 714-895-1801.

house painting (193)interior painting (71)stucco (36)pressure washing (25)woodworking (15)door installation (9)siding companies (6)plastering (6)gutter repair (5)deck cleaning (3)home security systems (3)window replacement (2)

11/15/2020

Cliff M.

This company has painted our house twice and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Joon and his crew are punctual, courteous and hardworking. They do an excellent job and clean up afterward so that you hardly know that they were there. Their prices are also very reasonable.

Description of Work
Exterior and 2 interior rooms

Category home security systems, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

10/05/2020

Jeff W.

I obtained three quotes for this job. One quote was totally out of line with the others. J & J's bid was lower by about 5% of the next lowest bid. I had several tasks I wanted done in addition to the painting. The owner, Joon, was very straightforward about what he could do and what he could not. Joon and I had extensive discussions at the beginning of the job. We had identified potential problem areas. For example, I had already chosen my colors. He was upfront in pointing out that the colors I chose had low hide characteristics. So we were able to build in some contingencies into the contract. As it turned out, he was correct about most of the colors and had to use an addition coat in several rooms. But as I noted, this was anticipated in advance and built into the contract. I had a warping/bulging issue with drywall in a bathroom. I showed it to Joon and we discussed an approach to address it. Turned out to be related to faulty construction when the condominium was built. Joon himself came out and carefully cut open an area. He found some pipes that actually protruded beyond the boundary of the wood frame and also some problems with the pour of the concrete to which the frame was attached. He was able to replace the existing drywall with a thinner sheet. Even so, he had to shave part of the backside of new drywall he installed to better accomodate the pipes. It made the situation much better and I now know what the problem was. His painters were methodical in their work. They completed the job on schedule. In summary, this was the best experience I have had with anyone I have hired to do home improvement work for me.

Description of Work
Painted full interior of my condominium including doors and closets. Job also included several drywall replacements/repairs

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

09/18/2020

Lisa M.

I was very happy with the work done. My original color choice for my front door was off and they came back several times to apply different shades of the same color (each one darker than the other) to correct it until I was happy with the shade. They were very nice and accommodating. It was a real pleasure working with them.

Description of Work
Painting of entire exterior of home

Category home security systems, house painters

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

08/25/2020

Meg E.

From start to finish this is a fantastic company! Joon was personable, on time, communicated regularly through text, paid great attention to detail and even helped to troubleshoot the cause of some issues we had with water damage on our home. He was thorough in his bid, honest about what they could accomplish and how long it would take. Our home was a challenge for several reasons: 1. It had not been painting in nearly 20 years and had damage to stucco (some we hired others to fix due to extensive issues), the eaves were badly peeling due to an inadequate prep job done by our previous painter. 2. We have all wood windows and many of them , some had water damage that rotted sections of the wood frames, and a large back slider door also wood all with small grid lines. A lot of work to paint! 3 The chimney (appeared to be brick but was actually concrete over rebar) had damage that turned out to be cosmetic thankfully but his team did an excellent job to repair section and make it look so much better After power washing, they sanded extensively to remove as much peeling and damage as possible, and even went beyond what he said he could do by replacing sections of our rotted window trim rather than simply using the wood putty to fill. His workers did an incredible job and paid attention to detail in many problem areas we pointed out. We agreed upon the highest end Dunn Edwards paint Evershield and he was patient as we decided on a white trim color even mixing a custom color for us. I also wanted a brick pillar removed and a wood one built to replace it in our front porch area—Joon worked to create a beautiful new post with the details as in the picture I sent him. It is simply gorgeous! I could not be happier with the result and have received so many compliments on how our house looks upon completion. Hopefully the paint holds up to the weather conditions, keeping its color and adherence to the stucco and wood. I highly recommend Joon, Sal and the crew for your painting needs!!!

Description of Work
Exterior painting, post replacement

Category pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Review for J & J Painting & Decorating - 15692 Fox Hills St, Westminster, CA - 38826463

08/25/2020

Meg E.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, post replacement

Category pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Review for J & J Painting & Decorating - 15692 Fox Hills St, Westminster, CA - 38826461

07/28/2020

John M.

Could not get a quote or get in contact with the professional.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

06/14/2020

Jack M.

Our house is a two story craftsman style house with multiple roof lines, lots of trim and soffits. The process from bid to completion was great. Joon and his crew were professional and respectful the entire time. His communication regarding the start date, finish date and work along the way was very good. His lead guy Sal was always on site and managed his crew regarding the quality, schedule and clean up. They did a great job masking between the color and the white. They also cleaned up daily to leave a safe environment for our family each night. We had some dry rot in some of our exterior wood railings that required some replacement. Joon explained to me his recommendations and including me in the solution. It all turned out great.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting of Wood Windows & Trim, Siding and Railings

Work Completed On 06/14/2020

Review for J & J Painting & Decorating - 15692 Fox Hills St, Westminster, CA - 38641917

10/14/2019

Jeff L.

The entire process went extremely well. From my first contact with the contractor until the job was completed I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Joon Chung, the contractor was very responsive and helpful. We requested a couple of changes during the actual painting that were not covered in the proposal and he graciously did them. The two employees, Jose and Javier were very well trained and do excellent work. The old paint job was in poor shape which required significant prep work. We are very pleased with the finished project.

Description of Work
Prep and paint the exterior of our home

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

07/30/2019

John - Donna M.

Joon took the time to make sure that all my painting concerns were addressed and taken care of. I am very pleased with the quality of all the work preformed . I will definitely use J & J Painting and Decorating again. Thank you D. MacArthur

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/22/2019

Kim R.

I was very pleased with the work. They were neat and clean and very professional

Description of Work
Interior painting of the entire house

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

05/29/2019

Gayle G.

The husband and wife team were punctual, so responsive and were great at communicating what to expect all along the way. They even completed the project sooner than expected. I would recommend them to anyone looking for professional and friendly painters.

Description of Work
Interior paint of downstairs and upstairs hallway

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

04/21/2019

Frederick F.

The price was reasonable The guy and the crew were very nice. The foreman spoke English very well His crew was fast and thorough. The primer and woodwork color were the same and they missed a few of the baseboards because of this. He saved our doors ! they now look factory finished (sanded them down before painting - they had peeling water-based over oil based paint). They did a great job caulking. Many large drywall patches were done expertly. Allowed time to look over the whole job after it was finished and walking through to correct any mistakes. Happy and prompt to correct mistakes.

Description of Work
painting interior of 1763 sq townhouse

Category plastering, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/21/2019

04/09/2019

Jeff L.

Excellent work, and very prompt to respond.

Description of Work
Paint exterior shutters on 3 windows

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

04/07/2019

Chad W.

J&J did an excellent job at a fair price

Description of Work
Exterior paint, stucco and wood

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

02/25/2019

Richard H.

Joon's crew does excellent work. He was very accommodating working around a plumbing repair and offered an excellent price.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal & painting.

Category plastering, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

02/12/2019

Tawnee O.

Great experience working with Joon and the paint work looks amazing! Would hire again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

12/27/2018

Deborah F.

Very hardworking and professional crew. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Smoothing of textured walls and painting

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/27/2018

11/09/2018

Kester H.

Very professional, reliable and honorable company/ team to work with, not to mention their price is very competitive. I am really glad I hired them for my interior painting job, which includes the wall, ceiling, baseboard, and all the doors. Love the outcome and I’m really happy about it. As a matter of fact, I’m going to hire them again to paint my garage in the next couple weeks. They’re your worry-free team to work with.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

08/06/2018

Henry V.

A first rate job all the way around.

Description of Work
Garage door painting

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

07/13/2018

Miles M.

Very well - they did what they said they would do and were very professional. Easy to work with.

Description of Work
Baseboard painting

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

06/22/2018

Glenn N.

Joon is very professional and thoroughly evaluated the job with recommendations for proper preparation (masking techniques, primer and paint type). The painters, Juan and Victor, were always prompt and carefully paid attention to details. They were able to carefully work around plants, bushes, flowers, etc. The they were able to complete the entire job in the time table that Joon stated ( 4 days). They cleaned up all paper, plastic, and other trash. They placed all potted plants exactly where they originally were. This was an exceptional company that is highly professional and very enjoyable to work with. I had other estimates that were much higher and one a little lower. They basically would be doing the same job. But once I met Joon, I could tell he had a commitment to quality work and excellent customer support. I would have to say J&J is easily one on the best contractors that I have ever dealt with. Certainly the very best Painting company. I would easily chose J&J again for future paint jobs. I, without hesitation would recommend this excellent company.

Description of Work
Exterior Stucco Painting

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

Review for J & J Painting & Decorating - 15692 Fox Hills St, Westminster, CA - 37176980

06/10/2018

Lawrence S.

I have a 5 BR 3 bath house. I interviewed two firms: J&J and one other I had successfully used before. The original scope included ALL trim (doors, baseboards, window casings, etc) and four bedrooms. Both contractors independently concluded I did not need to do all of that work. Ultimately we decided to spray paint one half wall of built in drawers and cabinets and two cathedral ceiling bedrooms, including replacing the baseboards in one BR. Both bids were comparable. The deciding factor was that I was very impressed with the professionalism and thoroughness of the scoping, estimating and scheduling process in dealing with Joon Chung, the owner of this family business. Joon came out in advance of the start date to finalize the exact work to be done and was here to give direction to his crew at the beginning of day one. The actual work was done by members of his family. Joon came back the start of the second and last day to make sure everything was in order. The crew was very meticulous in preping the area and protecting the furniture. They moved all of the furniture and fixtures and returned them when they were done. I was very pleased with the quality of the work performed.

Description of Work
Interior House Painting