Citizen Cane Chair Restoration

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2013

14392 Hoover Street C19

Westminster, CA 92683

Owner Operator, 50% deposit at start and balance upon completion, Cash or checks accepted, Pickup & Delivery available...

01/14/2016

Nancy M.

Unknow as of today 1/13/16.

Description of Work
I had an antique rocking chair that has been in my family for generations. It was in need of re-caning. When I took it in Paul pointed out several structural problems that I was not aware of and he provided me a breakdown of what each problem required for repair and the associated cost. While the chair is not that valuable beyond sentimental I felt that the price was reasonable for the work involved. I left it with him today with an estimated completion date in two months. Having see his work on other items in his workshop I feel my chair is in good hands. I will update when I pick it up in March.

06/22/2015

Dana C.

Description of Work
They refinished (sand, stain & finish) a Captain's chair and replaced the thrush seat. They did a great job. The chair is like new. They are very busy so the job took several weeks but it was worth the wait. Their price may be a little higher than others but they do a quality job that you can trust.

Category furniture repair

Hello [member name removed] Thank you for the positive review. I remember your job well. We were matching another chair previously finished by others. I was personally disatisfied with the results after refinishing your chair as it did not match your sample chair as much as I had hoped. So I unilaterally decided to strip and refinish it a second time resulting in perfection and a slight delay. It's the challenging jobs like yours when we'll executed that make my job so rewarding. Grateful for the work! PS. Look for your jobs before and after pictures to be posted soon on Angiies List. Citizen Cane Chair Restoration

05/26/2015

Christopher K.

I had 6 aging dining room chairs with intricately woven backings of cane. The cane was ripping and all-over weakened through time. Angie's List Snap Fix staff quickly found a provider memorably named "Citizen Cane." By the looks of his website, it appeared he was a master craftsman in the repair of fine furniture. Citizen Cane (A gentleman named Paul Thibodeau) responded with a reasonable bid and mutually agreeable completion timeframe, including pick up and delivery from our home (approximately 20 miles from his workshop). Mr. Thibodeau was friendly, knowledgeable, and good to deal with. He returned the chairs in approximately three weeks and his restoration was flawless. Better than the original. I expect to use his services in the future to refinish several pieces of oak furniture. I'm thankful skilled craftsman like Citizen Cane were available to me and pleased Angie's List found him.

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the encourging review and the work! Very grateful, Paul www.4citizencane.com

01/14/2015

Jean W.

Description of Work
Replaced worn out imitation six cane chair backs with authentic cane. | |Time was of the essence and the job was completed ahead of schedule.

12/20/2014

Bradlee S.

Paul was very prompt in his response to my inquiry about restoring a child's rattan rocking horse. I was a little surprised at the price quoted but I hadn't checked around much. The weaving was unraveling a bit and the whole thing fairly dried out. Paul even commented that it didn't look like it would take to much repair. There are few people that do this well and I joined Angie's List specifically to find someone. The reviews were good so I didn't hesitate. The work was done in the time frame promised and we were very please with the results. The little guy looked like new! Our granddaughter is very happy. This is an heirloom piece given to my son by my mother and now I have passed it along to my son's daughter knowing it will last another generation. I would not hesitate to recommend Paul and Citizen Cane Chair Restoration. He is a craftsman and well worth the price.

Description of Work
Repair/restore a rattan rocking horse.

12/18/2014

Carl B.

Description of Work
Recaned four chairs. Very professional.

08/04/2014

Judith S.

Finally, I can use my antique chairs again! They rushing has been restored and they look beautiful. Mr. Thibodeau, the owner, spent the time to help me choose the right color for the rushing, explained the process, and even sent progress pictures for each of the chairs. I was also pleased to find out that he could repair a crack I had in one of my mahogany dining room chairs. It, too, came out perfect. This is definitely the place to go it you want quality workmanship.

Description of Work
I had the rushing redone on an antique arm chair, rocker and bench. Additionally, I had a crack in a mahogany dining room chair fixed and re-stained. pictures

Category furniture repair

Thank you so much for your encouraging review. I greatly appreciate this and the work you've provided me! Sincerely, Paul www.4citizencane.com

01/28/2014

Ned L.

These chairs needed serious repair as they all wobbled and creaked when someone sat in them. I was afraid that one would break someday soon. In fact, the arm of one chair did crack and on another the wood crossbar between the legs was broken in half. My mahogany dining room set was originally my mother's and I wanted to make sure that whoever worked on them would be conscientious, competent and trustworthy. Paul had all of these qualities. I don't know how Paul did it, but when I went to his workshop to pick up my chairs I carefully scrutinized each chair and sat in each one. I turned each chair over and could not see how he strengthened the chairs as there was no evidence of repair. I could no longer see the cracks in the wood. Also, the seat cushions were thicker with a much better foam than my old ones and each cushion was finished off so professionally that one could use each independent of the chairs! Each chair looked brand new and that's saying something for 60 year old chairs. The work was perfect!!! What was amazing was that none of the chairs creaked or wobbled anymore. All in all, I would highly recommend Citizen Cane, Paul, for any repair or reupholstery work especially if you value your chairs and want someone to care for them as you do. He is a craftsman and enjoys his work. He completed the work earlier than expected and his fee was very reasonable for the level of quality work he produces..

Description of Work
Paul, the owner of Citizen Cane, repaired and reupholstered my 6 mahogany dining room chairs that are over 60 years old. He also took the time to oil my chairs and explain how to take care of the wood. I was very busy with work at the time I brought my chairs to him. He was going to an upholstery fabric store later that day and offered to get upholstery samples and bring them to my home to view! He did all of this as a rush job just before Thanksgiving.

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the encouragement! Very grateful for the work! Sincerely, Paul Citizen Cane Chair Restoration

Blinds By Design

We are a reputable blind design company that specializes in a variety of interior blind projects. With over 32 years of industry experience, we are able to design any size space to exceed your expectations, always paying close attention to the specific style of each individual or company with whom we work. We look forward to building long-term relationships with our clients, and guarantee your satisfaction.

Done Right Furniture services and Repair

Hi my name is Joseph Gonzalez. I am a certified furniture repair man. I am a independent contractor certified to repair furniture from most major retailers such as Caracole Furniture la z boy Furniture,Ashley furniture and living spaces I offer the following 1. Leather cleaning and conditioning 2. Leather touch up 3. Leather restoration 4. Filling up cushions 5. Foam Repair 6. Wood repair 7. Sofa frame repair 8. Reupholstering 9. wood touch up 10. Wood repair 11. Upholstery Cleaning 12.Fiber Guard Protector 13. Electrical Recliner Repair

Parker Upholstery

Family owned upholstery shop with expertise in drapery, fabric, & woodwork for more than 30 years with a higher standard of quality. We also specialize in furniture repair & antique restoration. We are passionate about accommodating the client above all else. Call today & take advantage of our complementary delivery service!

Satisfaction

Cane chair caning repair, Wicker repair, Wicker chair repair, Rush chair seat weaving repair, Rocking chair repair, Rattan furniture repair, Wicker furniture repair, General furniture repair and refinishing, Chair cushion upholstery, Unique wood item repair