ARY Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2011

5776 Lindero Canyon Rd #376

Westlake Village, CA 91362

Avi Yardeny, the founder and the owner of ARY Construction, Inc., has over 20 years of experience in planning, designing and management of residential and commercial construction projects in the US and abroad. As an Industrial Management Engineer, Avi’s professional portfolio includes variety of executive positions such as Logistics Manager at Intel, Construction Project Manager at Ben Gurion International Airport, Leading Project Manager at a large factory, Logistics Manager at an electrical firm and more. This multifaceted experience and a vast knowledge in the field of construction and project management enable Avi to plan, build and supervise diverse residential and commercial construction projects in a professional and efficient way. Avi and his team of craftsmen are there by your side, every step of the way, from the moment you envision your dream project until the moment you look at the outcome with awe and satisfaction....

06/16/2017

Joey R.

I left him a voicemail and he got back to me within two hours. They answered my question about a paint color and a recessed light bulb. He was very helpful. He's a really solid guy. I'm saving up for him to come redo my bathroom.

Description of Work
I reached out to him to ask about what light bulbs they used.

Category lighting,remodeling

01/05/2016

Michael M.

It went well, we are not only newly wed but first time homeowners and Avi from ARY understood that, he was very cautious with any changes of the original plan. He kept all promises that he made during the initial bids. ARY's crew came in demoed and started right away. Most of the time construction was delayed due to us having to make decisions as first time homeowners. We had windows changed, paint, plumbing, flooring even some light concrete work. All in all we are very happy with the work. Everything was within budget and was completed correctly. We had a few little bumps in the road but that's normal in a project of this size. We are happy and living in a beautiful home.

Description of Work
Remodel of the downstairs area, including a full kitchen remodel.

01/20/2015

Irene G.

Great service, price was reasonable

Description of Work
Acoustic ceiling removed, recessed lights (11) were installed

Category remodeling

12/04/2014

Ron W.

They were okay. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give them a 6. They did a good job; it's just they didn't supervise the work very closely so they had to fix things, which they did readily. Also, there wasn't a lot of respect given to working in the house. I would use them again on a limited basis but nothing this large.

Description of Work
I used them for kitchen remodel, steps and drywall, electrical remodel.

Category drywall,electrician,home remodeling

11/01/2014

DREW M.

We've used Ary Construction on a prior job for a bathroom remodel that couldn't have gone smoother or went better. I've written a glowing review already. When we decided to replace our old wrought iron banister and put new stairs on, I didn't even shop around. Avi, the owner of Ary Construction, is easy to deal with, honest, and best of all, he's creative and has such pride in his work. The banister job went even better. We replaced the old wrought iron with a modern looking iron and steel, rounded corners that fits our house perfectly. Avi went out of his way to procure 2" thick solid walnut treads and stain them to match our hardwood floor. They are sturdy and look awesome. He even suggested a paint on the banister with metal flecks in it that would give the stairway a pizzazz that I wouldn't get with a normal color. My guess is that the money we spent on the banister will come back 4 to 5 times more when we sell this house in a year or so. I enthusiastically recommend Ary Construction. Unparalleled.

Description of Work
Built a new steel banister and replaced all of the steps on our stairway and upper landing

12/18/2013

DREW M.

How did it go? It went smooth. It went fast. It went without haggling. It went without complaints from me, my wife, or from Avi...the owner of Ary Construction. In short, we could not be happier in how our bathroom turned out and in our selection of contractor. Bless Angie's List for leading us to Avi....we'd have never known about him or his company without it. Now for our details. We live in a house in Westlake Village that has a wonderful view of the Conejo Valley. It was custom built in 1970 in what I can only describe as Palm Springs Modern. Large floor to ceiling windows front the house and look out toward the swimming pool and large lawn area. The master bathroom is off the master bedroom on the ground floor. We purchased from the child of the original owner so I have the original plans and know the history somewhat. When the house was built they took advantage of the view but when furnishing/decorating the house they forgot all about the modern look of the house and went for a shabby chic look. The bathroom had a soffit over a ornate white double sink vanity that was only tall enough for elves. I'm told that was the mid-century style by some people, but I've toured homes all over Palm Springs and none are built like this. The vanity was topped in a solid slab of white marble and a extra large step-up Roman tub is also topped with matching marble slabs. The floor was carpeted with white wool carpet and the shower, which may have been roomy in 1970, was only about 4'x4' with walls that went to the ceiling and a conventional sliding shower door. We knew that if we were going to enjoy this house, the master bathroom had to be redone. Last summer (2013) we shopped around for contractors and received 2 bids. Both were in the same range. After choosing a contractor that has a nice storefront in Newbury Park we began working with his "designer." We were excited at first because she said she would lead us through the process and help us pick out material, etc... She turned out to be less a designer and more of an engineer, but the only words in her vocabulary seemed to be, "it can't be done!" If we suggested a medicine cabinet, it couldn't be done. If we suggested a real wood vanity, it was going to increase the price significantly. If we wanted flat facing on the vanity with no reveal...it couldn't be done. We were getting frustrated and getting nowhere. Then, out of the blue, after 2 months of working with her, she informs us that the price to do the job had gone up from $16,500 to $24,000. All of this, and we really hadn't changed anything from our original estimate. We felt ripped off, even if it was only our time. We wanted to have the job completed by the end of summer...and this company had wasted our entire summer. That's when I began my search on Angie's List. Ary Construction came with rave ratings and reviews, so I called Avi and asked him to give us an estimate. Avi showed up on time, as he has consistently done throughout our entire remodel. My wife and I were immediately drawn to him because he is what we all know as a happy person. He looks like a nice guy, no sneer, no frown, just smiles and all very sincere. If you're thinking that is because he is a salesman, you're thinking the same as me when we first met. But after 6 weeks of working with him and seeing him 4-5 times a week, that smile and warmth has never faded. Even the contractor that he brought in to install the glass shower enclosure commented to me, "I like working with your contractor (Avi). He is a happy man." Avi's estimate was completely in line with the other estimates I'd received so I knew that he'd thought it through. He also showed my wife and me all his insurance and workmen's comp papers and contractor's license. He promised that there would be no surprises, like upping the cost of the job by 70% and that he doesn't nickel and dime on minor changes like adding a fixture here or there. After he began the job he even suggested adding electrical outlets or upgrading the lighting, all at about 25% of the cost an electrician would have charged. And some things he did for free just because he wanted it to look better. We were working on a budget and told Avi we wanted to keep our old vanity and just reface it. He knew that we'd never be happy with a reface. The drawers were sticky and old, the cabinets felt flimsy and didn't hang right and it was short! He convinced us that for less than $1000 more we could get a brand new 8 foot custom made vanity made from maple and stained to match the wood in the rest of the house. It would have self closing drawers and slide outs in the cabinets. We wanted him to save the 8' x 2' slab of marble because it matched the marble on the roman tub that we weren't touching. He was able to get it off in one piece and fit it to the new vanity....and it looks spectacular. He broke the two sinks getting it out but promptly went out and bought brand new ones at no charge and with no complaints. His crew installed the shower and it's so much more roomy than the old shower and the light pours in through the glass enclosure. Everything in our bathroom is perfect...the shower tile is marble with a 1" tile white marble strip and built in shower caddy that he suggested. The lights are all on dimmers and the bathroom is like something out of an architectural book. Avi and his crew always showed up on time or called if they were going to be late. They stayed with the job until completed and were clean and mindful of our pets. We would hire Avi again in a heartbeat...in fact we already have. He is redoing our stairs and stair rail. After that we may figure out something else for him to do....so if you can't reach him it's because we've got him and we might not let him go.

Description of Work
Ary Construction remodeled our 1970's bathroom and made it look like a model home bathroom. 1) removed existing vanity and installed new modern maple one, 2) removed carpet and to install floor tile, 3) removed shower enclosure, tile, pan, and fixtures, 4) enlarged shower by 50%, moved piping to another wall and installed new fixtures, shower pan, tile, and glass enclosure, 5) removed water closet door and installed new one, 5) removed dated soffit over vanity area, added drywall, and lighting over the vanity, 6) added modern lighting on vanity wall, 7) custom built frames for new mirrors, 8) installed new fixtures in vanity, 9) added multiple outlets, 10) patched and smoothed all drywall, 11) completely repainted bathroom. We provided all fixtures, lights, the vanity top, tile, and mirror glass.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

thank you for your kind words. Avi

09/05/2013

Joey R.

Ary Construction did a great job. They started fast, finished early and the finished product looks great.

Description of Work
They removed acoustic/popcorn ceiling. They installed recessed lighting throughout.

Category drywall,lighting

05/02/2013

Jennifer L.

A pipe broke in our upstairs bathroom one morning, pouring water into the kitchen below through the ceiling. I called Avi of ARY Construction and one other highly rated contractor, and left voicemails for both at 7:30 am. Avi called me back promptly at 8 am (the other contractor never did return my call). Avi came out later that morning and looked at the damage, and gave me a fair estimate to repair it and remodel the bathroom, which we had planned to do anyway. He pulled one of his guys off of another job and took out the wet drywall from the kitchen ceiling, but they couldn't access the source of the leak (which by then wasn't actively leaking anymore because it turned out to be the shower drain). They came back next day and got right to work. Avi originally estimated 3 weeks to finish (the bathroom was torn down to the studs and rebuilt). He said he may be able to get it done in 2 weeks, but would not commit to something he wasn't 100% sure he could accomplish, which I appreciated. Since this is our only bathroom for a family of 4, our insurance company moved us into a hotel while the bathroom was remodeled/repaired. Avi knew we wanted to get home as soon as possible, and his crew was so efficient and hard working. Despite some unforeseen events (bathtub delivered with a flaw so Avi sent it back for a new one; they discovered another leak and major subfloor damage), Avi and his crew managed to finish in under two weeks! We were thrilled to get back into our home even sooner than anticipated, and with a gorgeous new bathroom! Avi's crew was consistent; the same guys were there every day except for a couple times when specialists came in for certain tasks. His crew were always on time, polite, and accomodating when I kept nit-picking and wanting to change little things. They just keep going until everything was perfect! Avi is absolutely wonderful! He is very punctual, and super easy to get ahold of. I could always get in touch with him no problem, and he called me to keep me updated on progress very consistently. He is the sweetest guy; he even installed a new kitchen light fixture for us for free. He throws things in here and there for us, without nickel and diming everything. We did end up paying slightly more than the estimate, but only because they found a slow leak in the plumbing in the outer portion of the bathroom (dressing area), and they had to remove and reinstall a vanity and built-in cabinet and replace the subfloor and plumbing in there. But Avi charged a very fair price for that, considering it added materials and labor to the project. We've been very happy with Avi and ARY Construction, and look forward to working with him again on our new house.

Description of Work
Repair drywall, complete bathroom remodel

Category drywall,home remodeling

03/30/2013

Paul C.

Avi arrived on time for the estimate, offered good suggestions and gave us an estimated price for the project we felt was very good. His crew started work a couple of weeks later and I was very impressed with the professional way they worked the project, always arriving on time, working hard through the day and cleaning up at the end of each day. Avi was on hand every day to be sure everything was being done on schedule and to my satisfaction. Avi had originally quoted a 3 week completion but with some great planning and extra effort was able to finish in 2 weeks. We are extremely happy with the overall results of the remodel and would highly recommend ARY Construction for your remodeling needs.

Description of Work
We had ARY Construction do a complete remodel of our main bathroom. They removed everything in the bathroom to the framing, replaced some suspect framing, replaced all of the old galvanized pipe with copper, added recessed lights, new fan, installed new drywall, new tile on the floor and walls around tub, installed new tub and fixtures, toilet, vanity and overjohn cabinet. Sprayed new texture on walls and ceiling and applied paint.

02/01/2013

steve W.

After getting several quotes and reviewing several companies, I decided to go with ARY construction for the work I was contemplating. I was not disappointed. The advice I received on this project was excellent, and Avi, from ARY Construction was very responsive, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. The crew was efficient and professional. Although I added several more lights than I originally contemplated, I'm glad I did it right as the look and feel of the place has totally transformed. During and after the job, Avi was very responsive in a timely manner to all of my questions. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend ARY construction for your next project.

Description of Work
All "popcorn" was removed from ceilings, ceilings were painted throughout my home, and downstairs was painted including kitchen. In addition, kitchen fluorescent lighting and encasing was replaced with modern lighting and updated encasing. 14, four-inch recessed lights were installed with dimmers as well as 6, 6-inch lights in kitchen (4 with dimmer), and three 6 inch recessed lights in hallway and entry area. A ceiling fan was also installed.

Category remodeling,interior painters