Agoura Sash & Door Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since December 2004

Our Company Agoura Sash & Door, Inc. has been providing Windows, Doors, Moldings and Hardware to Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties for over 25 years and has become a well known, respected dealer in our area. We have built strong relationships with distinguished contractors and developers through hassle free service, knowledge of our products, and attention to our customer’s needs. We specialize in providing excellence in service, support, and customer satisfaction. Our high sales volume has earned us outstanding buying power which allows us the ability to provide our customers major brand products at extremely competitive prices. Experience In today’s fast paced building industry, it has become increasingly important to find a window, door, and finish material supplier able to meet a builder’s service expectations. We take the customer-focused approach to assisting our contractor’s expert knowledge and advice to help them succeed with their customers. Thank you for allowing Agoura Sash & Door, Inc. to be your potential partner. We look forward to establishing a lasting working relationship with you and the opportunity to provide you excellent service....

Milgard Tuscany Windows

+19 more images

door installation (81)window replacement (39)woodworking (5)egress window (4)hardware store (3)general contractors (3)garage doors (2)flooring (2)window treatment (1)home builder (1)lighting (1)fence company (1)

03/11/2018

Margaret S.

They are a good group with high standards. We are on our second project, nearly finished. Beautiful products.

Description of Work
Windows, Doors

Work Completed On 03/11/2018

02/28/2018

Curtis L.

I went there at the request of the carpenter who said he needed me to go there and choose the door and then I would get an estimate, from him. I met with “Bob”. I chose a door. He said he would contact the supplier and the the carpenter. 3 days passed. I called the carpenter who said he hadn’t heard from Bob, but he said he would call Bob and get back to me. 4 more days passed. The carpenter called me back after 2 more days to tell me the style I chose was discontinued and I would need to go back to Agoura (I live in Oxnard) and choose another door. I said no thanks. I went to HD supply, chose a door, called a friend who does tile to see if he knew a door installer. He did. The new carpenter went to HD, picked up the door and installed it the next day. This whole transaction took 48 hours.

Description of Work
New front door

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

Review for Agoura Sash & Door Inc - 2301 Townsgate Rd., Westlake Village, CA - 36866860

We apologize for the delay you mentioned. We do not have a BOB who works anywhere here in our showroom or offices. We are glad you found what you needed. Thank you.

Paul B.

the products are high quality and were installed by a contractor recommended by Agoura Sash & Door. Excellent workmanship.

Description of Work
Replaced old wood doors and windows with Windsor clad doors and windows, including a bifold to open up an 8' opening.

Work Completed On 06/12/2013

Paul S.

They gave us great advice and got us the product quickly.

Description of Work
We got knobs and pulls from them which had to be ordered.

Category doors, home improvement stores

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

Alicia M.

It didn't go. They charge extra to clean skylights, and I didn't need anything other than 3 skylights cleaned.

Description of Work
I needed my skylights cleaned. I was told by the company that skylights are extra. I didn't need anything else cleaned. Just the skylights.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

Dear [Member Name Removed]- I believe you provided a review for the wrong company. We don't clean skylights or windows as this is not our service. We are resellers of windows, doors, and hardware. Can you please retract this review as this has nothing to do with our company. Thank you, Kerry Smith Agoura Sash & Door, Inc.

10/06/2016

Allan S.

Virginia Gean was our sales person assisting with everything and she was great. she did a lot of research and had a great subcontractor that we obtained through her direction. this was a number of years ago so I am not sure if she is still there, but if she is, I could not recommend her more highly.

Description of Work
eco friendly windows and new front door and hardware

Category contractors, egress windows, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/06/2016

05/10/2016

SUSAN F.

My letter, sent today, to Kerry at Agoura Sash and Door: Dear Kerry, I want to pass along my extreme pleasure to Gary for the work that he completed on the two front entrance doors to our home. He is simply a master carpenter in every way. We've been remodeling our home since we moved from Chicago in Sept. of 2014. I could go on and on about how "used up" the whole front door system (threshold, door bottoms, weather stripping and more) on this 1997, tract home was, but that wouldn't describe it. Gary made our front entrance doors something that we are extremely proud of !! There is no light showing in anywhere around the two doors. They open and close like they have just been added to a very very expensive home (which ours is not). The doors feel totally solid and close perfectly.....all the way around. Just as important was his attention to detail on EVERYTHING......it was INCREDIBLE and cannot be matched by anyone. No one could have done this job any better!!!! I know it took longer than even Gary had expected, but it was worth it to us in every way. I really wish you could see the transformation he made to our home's entrance. Please thank him again and again for us. I know we will be calling on your company again and would love to have Gary help us out if he's available. What a great guy and truly a Master Craftsman ! Sincerely, Bruce and Susan Fine Newbury Park, CA 91320

Description of Work
Replaced threshold, weather stripping all around door, replaced door bottoms, worked to make sure threshold was even and had correct tilt. Caulked seamlessly as to think the caulk was park of the bronze metal trim. Measured and measured to make sure everything was exact ! Made the two-door entrance look BRAND NEW and the doors open and close like like I just purchased the most expensive doors money could buy.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, doors, home improvement stores

Work Completed On 05/09/2016

04/06/2016

Mark H.

Needed a new front door and back slider. Agoura Sash & Door sent someone out, he took measurements...then crickets. When I called, he said he'd sent a quote. Then he sent an email apologizing...he hadn't sent the quote. Back and forth for two months and we couldn't get him to call/email back or get an install date. Their dallying has put off our ability to sell our house and I'm out $100 (Angie's List deals expire after 30 days.) AVOID.

Description of Work
Bought a deal through Angie's List for $200 off for $100. Work never got done.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]- I know that you had requested a quote and information. I also am aware of the Angie's deal in which you purchased. I apologize for the sales person not following through and I wish I had known so that I could have assisted. However, in speaking to the sales rep, he mentioned that there were delays in the decisions and thus not all on ASD for the time spent. He also mentioned that he had also been communicating with your brother as well for a decision on the front door. At any rate, I will arrange that you receive your $100 back from Angies. Per my contact at Angies, please call 888-888-5478 to get the refund or hit the contact us button on our website to fill out the request form. Regards, Kerry Smith

11/03/2015

William V.

The doors and hardware are excellent and reasonably priced. Mark did a really excellent job of installing them. Have a sliding door on order and am looking forward to having Mark come back and install that door also.

Description of Work
Ordered replacement wood French doors that were installed by their contractor Mark Santillano.

Work Completed On 09/26/2015

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and write a nice review. Our team at Agoura Sash & Door appreciate your business and hope we can help you on your next project. Regards, Kerry Smith

07/23/2015

Rayya D.

I am giving them a D for Don, because at the very least this guy tried to light the fire to no avail.... Here is my experience: Tried to get a quote on an interior french door. Sent specs, photo of space asked for quote on with and without labor. Took multiple phone calls, visits to the store, and speaking with "Don" to get someone to call me back after weeks of trying to get in touch. Then it still took forever to get a quote and I had to call to find it out. "Oh yeah, I meant to call you." is what I got when I called. Like pulling teeth to make a purchase. Horrendous level of professionalism. When I was given a quote, I asked what labor would cost, and he said he'd call me back to set up a time with installer. Was told they were in my hood and could easily come by in the next day. Never heard back. Week later I call. Receptionist says Mike's (who Don sent me to) with customer, will return. Never get a call back. Email Don again, asking if this is normal. Never hear back. Happy to share my email correspondence with anyone who needs/wants it. Moral of the story: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. We also got a quote from Sliding Door Company. Because of the style with the strip that runs along the floor, we decided against it, but for the record, they were awesome, had a detailed, written quote to us within 24 hours, with both phone call and email follow ups. If you decide to call Agoura Sash and Door, just make sure that you remember this review, and the second you feel they are wasting your time, BAIL! Happy door shopping.

Description of Work
I called and went in to their location twice to discuss doors. Had to go back a second time because I had never heard back from the first guy, Bradley, who apparently was fired for lack of communication with customers, according to "Don".

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

07/21/2015

Eileen T.

I don't think any more needs to be said

Description of Work
Nothing. No response from a message I sent Sunday explaining that my sister and I are cleaning out our recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's mother's condominium and I needed a screen door repaired and repainted. I run a sales department and if one of my staff didn't have the courtesy to respond to a potential client, ESPECIALLY a client ready to buy, they would be put on notice at the very least. Will. To bother ever contacting them again. I've reached out to a different Angie's List business

Work Completed On 07/19/2015

Dear- On behalf of Agoura Sash, we apologize for not getting your request on a Sunday. We did not have anything in our vmail system nor email from you. We certainly would have helped if we had gotten the call or email. Regards, Agoura Sash & Door

06/16/2015

Suzanne S.

We were sent a message back that a sales rep would be in touch to set up an appointment and thanking us for choosing them. We waited six days and were never contacted by phone or via the Angie's List message system, so we called the office directly to try to schedule an appointment. During that call, we spoke with Jason who told us he couldn't schedule an appointment because we'd initially made contact through Angie's List and it was possible there was already something set up. Instead he would have the appropriate person get right back to us. That was five days and we've not heard back. As customers who are ready to purchase and did the job of ID'ing the doors we wanted to purchase it's disappointing that we're unable to even have the opportunity to review what appears to be very quality installation work based upon the reviews on Angie's List -- simply because we can't make it through the gauntlet of the lack of customer service on the sales side.thoughtless and careless experience with the front office. be able to deal with a company who based upon the reviews here does very quality work -- simply because the front office can't

Description of Work
We initiated contact for an interior door purchase and install request through Angie's List message system on 5/29. Seven days later we received response -- within minutes we responded back detailing our needs and time frame with a rep from the company. We looked on their website to see which manufacturers they deal with, found an appropriate door from one of those and advised online rep of two we were interested in.

05/06/2015

Steve A.

Very good service. Professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Windows and doors.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

Dear Mr. [member name removed], Thank you for taking time to provide us a review. We are pleased that you are happy with Agoura Sash and sounds like your project went well. Regards, Kerry Smith

02/16/2015

Megan L.

It was a very good experience. They were good at communicating to somebody who is not a contractor. I felt that a lot of the windows and doors only deal with contractors and so they do not know how to communicate to the direct consumer. So I appreciated them and they made things simple as possible.

Description of Work
I used Agoura Sash & Door Inc. He did seven interior doors.

Work Completed On 01/07/2015

Dear [Members Name], Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and write a review. We are happy that you had a good experience with Agoura Sash & Door. We hope that you enjoy your new windows and doors! Regards,

01/30/2015

Sherwood Q.

Two months after installation, it rained. Rainwater started running from the top inside of the first sliding door down the glass into the carpet. I examined the attic; it was bone dry. The next day I had a roof man put a Spanish tile on that was left loosely askew by the installer. A few months later, it rained a second time with the same water intrusion. I took photos of the incomplete glueing and caulking job on the window I suspected causing the leak which was above the lower leaking window. I sent photos of the situation to Agoura Sash & Door (ASD), and made many calls, over a long period of time, to the sales person, installer, and ASD's customer service and finally the two owners: Don & Kerry Smith. ASD's management (and owners) said the installer could not come to look at, and fix the problem, because the installer no longer worked for ASD--neither did the sales person. The sales person did help a little by sending a handyman who caulked the suspected window but the gap was so wide the silicone did not stay in position. He said he would be back to finish--but never returned. NO ONE FROM AGOURA SASH & DOOR EVER CAME TO LOOK AT, OR TRY TO FIX, THE INSTALLATION. The last thing I heard from Don Smith of ASD was when he said to me, "Too bad you did not call earlier, I was up in your area just last week playing golf, I could have stopped by." The very last thing I heard was on Jan 6, 2015 from Kerry Smith of ASD when she said to me, "Don spoke to you in December and determined (over the phone) that the roof area at the bottom of this window is not flashed to the building penetration properly.....so it probably leaked before this window install". She further stated that "the area at the bottom of the window should be fixed by a roofing contractor." I showed the window area to two roofing contractors who said they would love to do roofing work anywhere, but the suspected window needs to be installed correctly by a window installer. REPEAT: NO ONE FROM AGOURA SASH & DOOR EVER CAME TO LOOK AT, OR TRY TO FIX, THE INSTALLATION--ANY PART OF IT. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATE of March 6, 2015; SOMEONE CAME FROM AGOURA SASH & DOOR!!! I received a concerned call from Dan Smith of ASD on Feb 27, 2015; Dan Smith was not involved in the above history, that was Don Smith. Dan said he wanted to send a knowledgeable man to assess the problem and rectify as soon as possible--and that is exactly what he did. The window installing expert arrived on March 6, 2015 and he immediately recommended a solution, which I accepted, and he quickly completed. I am comfortable that the flashing he installed, and the urethane caulking he applied, will prevent future leaks. He then, very efficiently, replaced the damaged wood window trim, and adjusted the sliding door latch so it can be opened by my spouse. I am happy that Dan sent Charlie--a knowledgeable, skilled, and pleasant window expert that was obviously a problem solver--and he brought all the right tools and supplies with him--no running to Home Depot for things he forgot. Charlie is a working man that ASD can be proud to assign to their window and door customers. More importantly Dan Smith made this customer happy with his "concern for the customer" which I really appreciated, and future customers will too. I am changing my rating above from "D" to "B" --not an "A" because of the previous history mentioned earlier (above) that took so long to rectify. Note: The salesman and installer for my installation are no longer employed by ASD.

Description of Work
Ordered 9 Milgard windows including 2 sliding doors but sales person forgot kitchen pass-through feature (we already had this on old window) and forgot to order the Dining Room window--this was realized when installer arrived. Installer arrived with young intern son; he said he was not familiar with my old Radco windows and was NOT told I had a 2 story house and did not bring a ladder. The installer and son worked 4 days and into one late night with lights on before finishing the 7 window/2 sliding door project. The banging and sawing was intense; windows being put in and taken out numerous times. The first sliding door latch was so marked up, hammered, scratched, and dirty I asked for a new latch--which I did get a couple of weeks later. The sliding screen did not operate; that was fixed later by the sales person's handy man. The second sliding door's latch was so tight it could not be locked without strong force; later, the same handyman worked the mechanism back and forth, with his hands, hundreds of times while talking to us--it is still too tight for my wife to go out into the back yard. It now has a lot of play in the latch but it is still not latching correctly. This second latch was never replaced.

Category lighting, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/06/2015

Dear [member name removed]- First off, we do apologize for a delay initially in addressing your concerns with the window and installation. Although we did have many discussions about the original window, we should have sent an installer from our company much more promptly. However, we are pleased that now you feel we have addressed your issues and Charlie was able to fix the situation. We also very much appreciate that you took the time to write an "updated" review. We thank you for your business and hope that all goes well moving forward. Regards, Agoura Sash & Door, Inc.

10/01/2014

Alison L.

See above - so thankful to have made that phone call!

Description of Work
I called Agoura Sash and Door after being told by another door vendor I got from Angieslist that I would need to totally replace our balcony French doors to prevent further leaks. A waterproofing company told me I needed to replace the doors, AND get the balcony re-sloped away from the doors (water does not currently run toward doors, though it pools a bit in middle - that was NOT the problem). That total would have been about $8,000 for doors and waterproofing work. My husband had just lost his job and we are selling our house, so that was not a great option, but neither was selling a home with a leaky door in the master bedroom. I called Agoura Sash and Door hoping they would have a second opinion with a more economical solution. They did... buy a new DOOR SHOE for $12. After asking a few questions, they were able to diagnose the solution... a missing piece on the bottom of the door, that the other company claimed they would not be able to replace because "well we have no way of knowing what brand that is, we can't replace it." Nor did they suggest that someone else might be able to help locate that piece. Agoura Sash and Door recommended I look at Home Depot for a door shoe (I didn't even know the correct term) and sadly they did not carry the exact size I needed to fit into ridges 7/8" apart on the bottom of the door, but Amazon does - it took all of 30 seconds to find it, and it will be here in two days. $7,988 saved, because Agoura Sash and Door are good people! I will definitely use their services in the future if I am in need of any doors or windows, and I will recommend them to others.

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

Dear [member name removed]- Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful note. We are very pleased that you found a solution by calling/coming to see us at Agoura Sash. I hope all is going well now. Thank you! Regards, Kerry Smith Agoura Sash & Door

08/19/2014

Michael F.

The people at Agoura Sash & Door were very helpful in choosing the right door and also helping us with the correct size. I would definitely use this company in the future. The door was good quality and we were pleased with the overall experience.

Description of Work
Provided utility door

Work Completed On 01/29/2013

06/10/2014

Steve A.

Jeff Johnson was very personable and professional in helping me from my initial call with 'I have a problem with my front door lock' to ordering the specific parts needed - not easy on an aging double door.

Description of Work
Identified the model of the lock set on my front door and ordered duplicate parts from the manufacturer

Work Completed On 06/05/2014

05/10/2014

Shaun R.

I searched and search for a reputable company to replace my front door that was very dated. I interviewed five different companies - all came out and gave me estimates and showed me brochures of products that they could get for me. I ended up going with Agoura Sash and Door because of the fair price and the professionalism and extreme helpfulness of Paul, the representative. I must have called Paul a hundred times and he was always very responsive and patient with all my questions. He told me I should actually come out to the showroom to see all their products, which I did and I was so happy that I made the trip because they had so many choices. The place is very professional and I felt I was getting a good quality product. Paul recommended a gentleman named Mark who was an outside contractor to come and install the door. Mark was great also - installation was done on time and it looks beautiful.

Description of Work
They replaced my old front door and replaced rotted wood around the frame and siding.

Work Completed On 05/05/2014

02/25/2014

Patricia C.

We've used them several times over the years and have always been pleased with their products and services.

Description of Work
We needed to replace the locks on our side garage door, as well as the door from the garage to the house, so we ordered the replacements from Agoura Sash and Door. They placed the order for us and it arrived within a couple of days. I went to their store, picked the parts up and then had them installed.

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 03/08/2013

02/12/2014

Charles E.

Our experience was horrible with Agoura Sash and Door. Third party installer had to cancel first install date, rescheduled the second install date to a third, and showed up 40 minutes late for third appointment without calling to say he was running late. I was amazed that he would not replace the existing door casing which was painted and very old (1970's) with the new stained and matching molding. After I saw him putting the molding in his truck as he packed up, I made him install it. He thought we wouldn't want to paint the area around the molding and instead would want 42 year old painted original molding which of course didn't match the door and looked horrible. After he left, only then did I find out that the door had a number of places where air gaps existed. I contacted Agoura Sash and Door and spoke with the owner of the company, who said he would keep my comments about this third party installer confidential from the installer. Thirty minutes later I received a phone call from the installer, who was very upset I called and complained about his inability to show up on time, and his poor work quality. I allowed the installer to come back to make it right (with serious doubts and major concerns - why do I need to micromanage this guy I recall feeling) He did fix the air gaps and the door has been working fine for two years now. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AGOURA SASH AND DOOR - RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! - The owner didn't seem to care his own salespeople are getting kick backs for using the third party installers, instead of the company installers. The owner immediately told the installer we complained about his work having said he would keep our name out of it.

Description of Work
After our door was installed by a third party, we found out that they DO have their own installers - however there is some incentive or kick back to use the third party installer that goes to the salesperson. While installing the door and frame which if you have not done it, takes a full day and is very complicated in my opinion.... The installer was not looking after our new wood flooring, I had to watch him like a hawk to not drop, step on tools, and use beach towels we had placed on the floor to protect the flooring. Our installer was not going to install the matching stained wood molding around the door casing, and was ready to call the job done.

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 07/10/2011

Dear (member name removed), I apologize that you feel the installer did not do a good job for you. Because this is now 2 1/2 years after you purchased the product, I do not understand your comments you are writing today. We are dissatified that you wrote incorrect information regarding the relationship with recommended installers. We absolutely do NOT receive and kick-backs from installers. We recommend a number of certified installers who have carpentry contracting licenses who install doors, windows, etc. There are many contractors in this business who have a general contracting license however do not have the expertise in installing for our trade. Customers often ask us for recommendations and we provide a list that match what the customer is having done. In reviewing this order for your front door, you paid $1555 to Agoura Sash and then paid the installer separately. In addition, the installer picked up the door at our warehouse, removed your old door, installed the AAW door along with moulding, and hauled away the old door for a very reasonable price. We did not receive any payment or "kick back" as you described. As you mentioned, you seem happy with your door. We did address your question on the moulding (the installer did come back and take care of that for you) however accused us that we were receiving kick backs in which the owner disputed due to this inaccuracy.

02/07/2014

Irwin H.

Installer was prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
Replace bathroom windows.

Category replacement windows