Hermanos Flores Gardening

Founded 2006 • With Angi since July 2012

Hermanos Flores Gardening is one of the premier full service landscaping companies in the Sacramento area. Our services include landscape creation, landscape maintenance and debris removal. Our experienced landscapers guarantee clean, prompt service. Hermanos Flores Gardening is a

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

Elk Grove Remodel

2020
Installed new landscape, irrigation, lighting and concrete.
Elk Grove Remodel project

Elk Grove Remodel

Roseville project

Roseville

View project

lawn care (196)lawn & landscaping (61)tree service (38)irrigation system (15)hauling (12)concrete repair (6)stone & gravel (5)lawn treatment (2)insulation (2)stamped concrete (1)

04/06/2022

DAVID A.

Alex Flores provided our family with outstanding service regarding the all aspects of our landscaping needs, including irrigation, sod, landscape design, landscape planting, and related pathways. Alex is among the most professional people we have worked with over many many years. His bid was competitive, his advice was excellent and the work he and his crew did was outstanding. Alex remains on-site with his crew through virtually all of the project, providing "hands-on" supervision of his hard working crew. Alex was always timely and left our property in neat and clean condition at the end of each day. In short, we would highly recommend Alex and his company (Hermanos Flores Gardening). David and Carol Abelson-Sacramento, California

Description of Work
All aspects of our landscaping needs, including irrigation, sod, landscape design, landscape planting, and related pathways.

Category concrete repair, hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

02/03/2022

Karen J.

Went well. Alex and crew showed up on time. They completed more than I anticipated for the prescribed time. Pruning of small tree, roses, shrubs. Removal of a weedy shrub. They cleaned up and hauled away the debris upon completion. I've used this company for several years for a variety of yard work. I find them to be honest and hard workers. They are a small company and at times may take a while for a call back to schedule. Sometimes they can be slightly above average in price, but the work is exceptional.

Description of Work
Seasonal pruning and yard spruce up.

Work Completed On 12/07/2021

10/22/2021

Susan N.

I would absolutely recommend Alex and his crew for landscaping. He was very attentive to our landscaping plan but also suggested changes that made it better. He delivered a beautiful front yard under budget.

Description of Work
Landscaping and irrigation system installation

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

05/31/2021

Lori K.

My extensive project entailed new sod, irrigation, plantings and rock in the front yard. In the back yard, demo of a small patio, and pouring of a huge decorative concrete surface, plus new sod and irrigation. I plan to hire Alex next year to revamp the flower beds in the back as that piece had to wait. Alex and his team were absolutely outstanding. Attention to detail, such as the drainage system, and overall expertise resulted in a complete transformation. Pricing was competitive. Alex was very pleasant to work with. He listens and offers professional guidance. I highly recommend Hermanos Flores Gardening.

Description of Work
New concrete patio, sod, irrigation, plantings and rock

Category landscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

Review for Hermanos Flores Gardening - 1399 Sacramento Ave, West Sacramento, CA - 39352063

04/04/2021

Jeffrey K.

Overall, I would say it’s a vast improvement from what it was previously. Saturday the team arrived and left without any notice so we had assumed the job was completed, despite us having a few concerns with the finished product. My wife had emailed after the initial estimate and asked that the adjoining island not be touched since we had recently learned that our neighbor had recently put it in. Luckily, I caught it early enough and your team was able to restore it. By the late afternoon, they had left and we figured that that was the extent of the clearing that would be done. As such, I went ahead and started to work on the yard since there was still quite a bit of debris (rocks, the tree stump, bark, a bush, etc). By the end of the day, I had already filled up our waste bin with what was remaining and I still had not finished. Additionally, I removed a bush on the front of the house that they had left as well. It was a pleasant surprise when we heard someone on Wednesday and realized they were tilling the yard. While the remaining debris is likely tilled into the soil now, it still looks much nicer overall, and after he did later check in with us it was graded well, and we were initially very happy it was done. Unfortunately, during the process the tiller ripped out and shredded the irrigation pipes that I was planning to add onto for our irrigation system. I have not assessed the extent of the damage, but I can tell it broke off some of the PVC pipe that is in the ground under the concrete walkway leading to the porch and under the sidewalk. We discovered this due to the shredded pieces and noticed a deep puddle was surfacing on our yard. During the tilling process, it must have ripped off the pipe leading from a sprinkler drip system underground. We are still happy that the work was done, but we wish the project was supervised and that there was a final walkthrough (as mentioned in the estimate) that would have allowed us to avoid these issues.

Description of Work
CLEAN UP General Clean Up- Remove weed, plants, rock and debris in order to install new landscape. Haul away debris. Disposal Fee is Included.

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

Review for Hermanos Flores Gardening - 1399 Sacramento Ave, West Sacramento, CA - 39279378

11/22/2020

Robert R.

We found out about Hermanos Flores Gardening on Angie's List and his website. We chose Alex because of his outstanding reviews. Alex designed our front yard landscaping. Our front yard was over 40 years old. He and his crew cleaned up, removed old shrubs, removed a large tree stump, and removed overgrown ivy from a tree and the front of our house. He trimmed five overgrown bushes that had grown over seven feet tall. He hauled away all debris. He installed a drip system for our plants. Alex was very prompt, very fair in his bid, and did an outstanding job. We are very pleased with his landscaping work. On a scale if 1 to 10 with 10 being outstanding, I would rate Hermanos Flores Gardening a 10++.

Description of Work
Design and completion of our front landscaping.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, pavers, gravel, tree service

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

08/30/2020

Frank H.

Price was too high for what I wanted done

Description of Work
Lawn care and yard waste clean up and removal.

Category concrete repair, lawn service

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

06/14/2020

Matthew R.

Only performed lawn care and didn’t perform any flower bed maintenance. Very disappointing considering flower bed maintenance was the main purpose of hiring this company. They over promised and under performed significantly so and didn’t seem to care one way or the other about the job they committed to or the quality of the work performed. DO NOT HIRE.

Description of Work
Lawn and flower bed maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

05/16/2020

Denise D.

Happy so far! We have Hermanos Flores coming every other week. They do a very nice job. They got back to me right away with a bid.

Description of Work
Ongoing lawn and yard maintenance

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

11/03/2019

Dave S.

Visited our home and talked about the job and providing an estimate within a week. They never contacted us again. Unprofessional in the way they conduct their business.

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping.

Category landscaping

Thank you for providing an honest review. We do try to provide a professional and pleasant customer experience for every customer. We are sorry for the not being able to provide you your estimate and for the lack of communication. We value your feedback and will be working on our response time.

06/06/2019

Jim S.

Scheduled appointment for estimate and was a no show, no call either.

Description of Work
Estimate for front yard landscape

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

We appreciate your time to review our company and value your feedback. We are working on efficient practices to improve our communication and appointment scheduling as we grow. We enjoy what we do...helping people. However, still learning the aspects of growing the company while still providing quality service.

05/02/2019

Sunny G.

I can't say enough about how pleased we are with the work and with the people. Everything is beautiful. Alex is easy to work with and open to suggestion, plus he gave us an estimate then stuck to it, both in terms of time and money.

Description of Work
All plants and grass removed and replaced with new plants and lots of rock to create a dry river bed. Included new drip irrigation system..

Category hauling services, landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/02/2019

Review for Hermanos Flores Gardening - 1399 Sacramento Ave, West Sacramento, CA - 37854200

03/25/2019

James J.

Alex and team did a great job with my front yard. He scheduled a start time and was punctual. Installed 5 valves and connected associated sprinkler lines. Installed approx. 5 yards soil then rolled 500 sq ft sod. Next came the spit rail fence. Installed split rail fence to send it to the next level. All this working in nasty sticky clay soil. Job site was cleaned up as if they weren’t there. Thank you Alex and crew. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Irrigation, sod, and fencing

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/23/2019

02/26/2019

Eric G.

Our front yard was mostly dirt and tree roots. Hermanos Flores helped with landscape design, and completed installation of plants, planter boxes, and a drip irrigation system in a timely and professional manner. Extremely pleased with the final outcome (as are neighbors). The quality of the work was first rate.

Description of Work
Landscape design and installation for front yard

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

01/24/2019

Brian N.

Alex was prompt to respond to my request for a quote. We set up a time for him to come over to look at the job but neither of us was able to make that appointment but he was good about communicating with me. We set up a time the following week. He arrived on time and we made a deal quickly. The job involved trimming back Oleanders, Privets, and a Fig tree that are growing wild in my neighbor's yard and will grow up against my house if I let them. I asked him to trim them back to the fence line. When the day came to do the work he was an hour late but when I called him to see what happened he called right back and told me he was on his way. He arrived shortly after and got right to work. They were quick and did a thorough job and cleaned up nicely afterward. Alex seems like a really nice guy. I would hire him again and recommend him to friends.

Description of Work
I needed so trees trimmed

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

01/14/2019

Marian T.

Alex Flores responded to my message when some others did not. He met me at the building, a fourplex rental, to go over what we needed. Since then he has been doing regular maintenance and the yard looks great! I recommend his company!

Description of Work
Regular yard maintenance every other week

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

11/20/2018

Lia R.

Alex agreed to come to my home 45 minutes from his usual service area to discuss the job and to provide an estimate. He arrived promptly and we walked around my yard going over all the areas that required clean up. He provided a verbal estimate and we agreed to the job for a few weeks out. Alex and his team called me when he was on his way to my home the morning of our appointment. He arrived on time with his crew of five men. We walked through the areas again briefly and then they got started. The team completed the job in 4.5 hours and they really exceeded my expectations. All clean up areas were perfect and the job was done in such a quick fashion. I am very happy with the work done and will be a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Extensive yard cleanup including dead heading +100 feet of ~15 foot tall oleander hedge, removing ~20 feet of box hedge, 4 large lawn grass areas, removing dead plants from 14 large raised beds and hauling away all the debris.

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

11/13/2018

Daniel B.

Overall, we had a positive experience with Hermanos Flores Gardening. We got off to a bad start when this contractor arrived almost 25 minutes late to provide an estimate and failed to call me that he was going to be late. I nearly gave up and left for work. I was also caught a little off guard when they arrived to do the work and immediately asked for $1,000 (38% of the total) to purchase materials. During our previous communication, there was no mention of this down payment. Two workers remained while the contractor left for several hours with my check. He returned much later with the materials explaining that the supplier didn't have the rock pre sorted in bins which required the him to hand load each rock. This contractor wasn't very responsive via email, either, and would take days to respond regarding our project requirements. Finally, we were able to reach an agreement on what would be done. Thankfully, they were able to accommodate our schedule and do our project when we were ready. I was present while they worked and was impressed with their quality and craftsmanship. The price seemed fair to me, as well.

Description of Work
A small dry-stacked rock retaining wall with French drain

Work Completed On 11/03/2018

08/17/2018

Elizabeth F.

I was very grateful that they had time to fit my job in, as its busy season and it would have been weeks before anybody else could do it, much less before the fencing went in. Alex was professional, neat, and did a great job for us.

Description of Work
Install dog run surface.

Category hauling services, lawn service

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

08/11/2018

MICHELLE C.

The price for the concrete pad was $1,000, substantially less than all other bids. While Alex is extremely nice, his crew left a mess. Concrete on the fence, pool equipment, and our shed. They poured the cement into the gutter, filled our trash can with the cement bags and did not return to remove the forms from the cement pad. Alex did not respond to emails or texts. After 4 days without a response, my husband was forced to do their cleanup. I planned to use them to build a patio around the cement pad and I have not heard from him since. Extremely disappointing and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Cement pad for hot tub, sprinkler repair, grass and artificial turf patio, landscape lighting, etc.

Work Completed On 08/04/2018

I appreicate the feedback. I handle most of my voicemails, emails and texts and sometimes they can pile up quite a bit after a few days. It was a busy week working late and I was unable to get to my messages in time to respond to your concerns. Sorry for inconvenience. I did intend to clean up as we were going into the second phase of your project.

06/27/2018

Bob A.

We are very happy with the work done by Alex Flores and his crew. Alex had great suggestions with the design of our yard.

Description of Work
Remove old sod and roots. Install watering system and new sod.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 07/14/2018

06/25/2018

Alan F.

They did a great job and was a reasonable price. I would contract them n a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Large Oleander and other scrubs need to be cut way back. It was a massive job.

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

04/07/2018

Cynthia S.

They did a amazing job. I am very satisfied with the work they did. They had it completely installed in a day. Last hard rain put his work to the test. It passed. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Drainage system installed

Work Completed On 04/07/2017