Barrett Construction

Founded 2013 • With Angi since March 2013

2670 San Remo Ct

West Sacramento, CA 95691

I am a general contractor that does residential remodeling, addition, and repair. I am not a handyman that does small repairs or patch work. Please understand I do complete the trades list below, but those are done throughout a project, not as a small repair. If you are interested in my services,

06/30/2016

Sang B.

It went great! Barrett saved me a bunch of money by suggested a fix rather then an entire replacement. Unfortunately, won't know if the leak is fixed until a major storm but reassured me that he would fix if it leaked again.

Description of Work
Repaired leak around a window. Removed trim and applied waterproof adhesive, applied caulking and added trim.

Category replacement windows

05/04/2016

Debra Y.

02/24/2016

eric B.

My wife and I enjoyed working with Barrett. He is professional and flexible with our ever changing requests. He stayed on target with budget and time to complete the job. We are very happy with his work and highly recommend his services. We will definitely contact him again for future remodel projects!

Description of Work
Added master bedroom door entry, refinished old master bedroom door entry, removed sliding closet doors and added new wall and closet entry, installed new closet lighting and a cat door to litter box in closet, textured new wall areas.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, doors

02/21/2016

Kingsley M.

Barrett is an honest, hard-working contractor who is consistently thinking about the project and offering ideas on how to best match a homeowners sometimes unrealistic expectations with what can actually happen. Barrett worked with my wife and I to transform a leaky-roofed patio room with no insulation into a modern, insulated room that is now the room we've always wanted. Barrett worked with us through a number of issues that were literally uncovered after demolition. With every idea we had came the pro/con sides and left us making far better decisions about our new "great" room. He is a one-man operation, so we did have a longer than average time without our room, but considering the crazy estimates we were given by a general contractor, it made sense to hire Barrett and find other contractors to repair the roof and hang/texture the drywall. Pros: reliable, honest, good eye, trustworthy, fair price, flexible, precise cuts, pride in work Cons: one-man operation (speed), he's not a plumber/roofer-- just ask him and he'll tell you!

Description of Work
Patio room transformation-- demolition of old room, taking out windows, installing new recessed lights, switches, surround sound speakers, door framing/installation, flooring, baseboards, and window trim.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

02/10/2016

Patrick W.

Description of Work
He came to put in crown molding. He didn't know what he was doing so he quit after one wall

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

It is unfortunate you did not like your estimate, and felt the need for defamation.

09/09/2015

Eliza S.

Description of Work
Barrett Wong installed luxury vinyl flooring in our kitchen. He did a fantastic job and was an excellent contractor to work with. He gave me good advice when he came to do the estimate and was flexible with his schedule when my flooring material came in late. He was punctual, worked quickly and steadily on a long, hot day, and did a beautiful job installing the flooring. We love it! Barrett had to trim our kitchen door after installing the flooring and even improved the way that it hangs. This took extra time, but he clearly cared about making it hang correctly, even though it hadn't previously! He cleaned up the work area inside and outside, even sweeping up the sawdust in the driveway. He's conscientious, reliable and easy to work with. I recommend him highly and would definitely hire him again!

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

03/05/2015

Gregory R.

Excellent service and value. Barrett was very responsive from the start. He finished the job in less than 2 weeks, would have been sooner if not for unforeseen snag with the inspector. I saved $2000 using him instead of a competing bid. The addition looks as if it had been part of the original construction. I would recommend him highly to anyone thinking about remodling.

Description of Work
New room addition, whole house fan installation

Category electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling

12/05/2014

Kathleen L.

They did a good job. The estimate was incorrect but they stood by what they had initially quoted me so I appreciated that. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They fixed some tiles, a toe kick on a cabinet and installed dry wall.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, woodworking

10/22/2014

Judi E.

Most importantly Barret dealt with a very difficult situation in dealing with the City for unreasonable requests concerning City codes. He took the time to deal with the City in person and then perform whatever jobs required to satisfy them. Barret was so trustworthy and pleasant to be around. We felt perfectly comfortable in leaving him alone in our home. He was very professional, extremely reasonable on his cost estimates and performed the jobs accurately and on time. He would work until the job was done, some days arriving early to meet with the city inspectors and staying very late to accomplish the task.

Description of Work
From start to finish Barret did an outstanding job in performing myriad details in bringing an older home up to code for resale. Electrical, plumbing, roofing, sheet rock, tearing down walls, general repairs, venting, all were covered efficiently and accurately.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, roofing

09/29/2014

Maria W.

Not sure why this review has taken me so long. I thought I had already wrote it! Oops! Barrett was punctual and professional. He did a fabulous job on the installation of tile; which was removing existing tile around kitchen island (10x9) and then installing border tile and then 12x12in tile in diamond pattern. It looks like a beautiful tile rug that was meant to be there. If I recall correctly the job took about 3 1/2 days. Took a little longer due to his saw had broken and we ran into a bit of a problem with the border tile I selected was a bit higher than existing tile in . Barrett was able to sand down edges of the mosaic tile to lessen the transition from existing tile to tile rug. I was nervous that I hadn't picked out the right color and also nervous about the pattern at first, but it is quite pretty. Barrett showed up on time each day. He's super pleasant and very professional. I was on leave so at home during the work. It can be awkward having a stranger in the house, but having Barrett didn't feel that way. My husband loved his work too. We're so pleased. I have other jobs I'd like to get done and plan to use Barrett.

Description of Work
Remove portion of kitchen tile and install new decorative pattern tile.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

09/10/2014

Shelena L.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

08/21/2014

Ron and Diane S.

Barrett responded quickly to an urgent need to address failing beams and post supporting a balcony. This was the first and most challenging of projects. He replaced 8x8 beams and a post supporting the balcony. His responsiveness and integrity resulted in our asking him back for several other projects. He raised and leveled a fence/wall that had sunken over a period of years and installed drywall in our garage as well as a number of other smaller projects. Barrett was timely, maintained a neat job site and addressed all questions. He carefully explained his approach to the projects and responded to all questions we had. Following completion of each project, Barrett performed a walk through to assure us that the work was completed to our satisfaction. Above all, we found Barrett to be innovative, personable and most importantly honest. Barrett’s integrity and hard work have secured our loyalty and we will continue to use his services in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired failing balcony replacing 8x8 supporting beams, post and finished off detail. Repaired fence/wall that was not level. Installed drywall in garage and several additional small projects.

Category contractors, drywall, fencing, woodworking

03/19/2014

Jeffrey F.

I bought a foreclosed house a few years ago. The previous owner installed some french doors in the side of the house. The installation was horrible. The doors don't line up and the deadbolt will not move from the locked position. Its going in at a sharp angle. When Barrett looked at it he stated he did not have the tools or expertise to do a good job on this. He made some recommendations on who to call. Although disappointed, I really appreciate the fact he was honest and stated he was not the right person for the job. Others might have taken it on with disastrous results. The doors are beautiful wood and high end, its too bad the original installer goofed it up. I would call Barrett again for other jobs.

Description of Work
When I called Barrett, he stated he would be out the next morning to look at my project. We set an appointment and he arrived on time.

Category flooring contractor

02/08/2014

Mary R.

Our condo will be painted in the spring so I needed to find someone to inspect the siding for dry rot and give a repair estimate. Barrett came out to the house the next morning after I called him and evaluated the siding. He advised me of an area that could need attention in the future but that didn't need to be taken care of this round. He could have told me that repairs were needed, but he didn't, and I appreciate his honesty. I would hire him if work needed doing.

Description of Work
Came out to the house to look for dry rot and give an estimate for repair work.

Category siding, woodworking

02/07/2014

Catherine C.

Barret was a pleasure to work with. He was able to do this small job for me quickly and was clean and prompt. I would recommend Barrett anytime.

Description of Work
Barrett finished 3 interior window sills and plastered to match the existing walls, which are 60+ years old. He used bullnose corners to match the rest of the house, keeping the integrity of the original design intact. He even painted a little, which was not originally discussed.

Category contractors

12/22/2013

Lynette M.

We had this company come out to give us an estimate for the work we needed done. At this time, we are on hold for completing any remodeling as there are permit issues on the room we want remodeled. However, the gentleman who came out from Barrett Construction was a pleasure to talk with, was very personable and professional. I hope choosing the 'A' option is the highest rating. Please give users a legend that explains what the rating letters mean. Thanks much.

Description of Work
I used Barrett Construction.

Category remodeling

11/18/2013

Kingsley M.

My favorite part of working with Barrett was his receptiveness to my vision and his continual attention to the details. Barrett not only did everything I asked, but the standards he set for himself met or exceeded my own. Even while my floor was placed on back-order and we had to sit idle for a couple of weeks, he moved his calendar and made it happen. He did take an extra day than what he initially estimated, but the quality of the work was well worth the extra. My wife especially appreciated that he kept the work-site clean throughout the process, and I appreciated the respect he gave. I would certainly recommend Barrett and expect to use his services again. He is a one-man operation and does not contract out. If you're looking for an earnest contractor that holds himself accountable, look no more.

Description of Work
Removed old carpet, removed tile floor, removed old baseboards. Installed new laminate and padding. Painted and installed new baseboards.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

Thank you [member name removed]! It was a pleasure working with you.

10/30/2013

Tiffany M.

He was great from start to finish! Barrett brought samples of different flooring to me to look at. I chose the one I liked most and he gave me a quote for the entire home (excluding kitchen and bathroom) to be done. Barrett picked up all the supplies so I didn't have to do anything. He started on it a few days later. My home is approx 1650 sq ft and it is an older home so there are a few spots that were not level and that were tricky. He never complained about it. He did a fabulous job, was always friendly and very professional. My home looks brand new now and the floors are the best feature in my home. I have had several compliments on it. I will be using him again in the future when I remodel my kitchen! Thank you Barrett :)

Description of Work
Installed new laminate flooring and baseboard throughout my home.

Category flooring contractor

10/29/2013

Gary M.

Barrett is very friendly and accommodating. He went above and beyond for me, and even picked up the flooring directly from the store for me. He made the entire installation and transaction very easy for me. This man is a true professional, and will continue to use him for many other projects that I have around my home. I would highly recommend Barrett Construction to anyone looking for floor installation or any other construction.

Description of Work
I recently had Barret Construction install a new kitchen/family room floor.

10/23/2013

Meiling H.

Barrett did a wonderful job replacing my kitchen sink. I went from a shallow sink to an awesome deep sink with all the bells and whistles. Barrett was prompt, courteous, and fast. Again, very happy with his services.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink remodel.

Category plumbing, remodeling

10/09/2013

Melissa W.

He was extremely professional and timely. He paid great attention to detail and was able to finish all of the jobs on or before the estimated completion date. He was able to complete the build-out in our storage area within 2 days, which then underwent a vigorous health and building inspection, and passed. He worked hard, and never complained. We would confidently recommend him to anyone and will definitely be using him for any further repairs or remodeling done at the restaurant, or within our home.

Description of Work
Barrett built, stained and installed a liquor shelving unit, along with glassware hooks in the interior of our bar/restaurant. He also installed and painted roughly 1500 square feet of base board in the dining area. He did a complete interior build out of our 500 square foot storage area, built two exterior redwood gates, installed an air vent fan and hung exterior lights for us. He purchased all of the required materials for us as well.

Category contractors, electrician, fencing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters

09/06/2013

Meiling H.

Barrett did an amazing job installing 1400 square feet laminate wood flooring for my house. He was on time, under budget, and very meticulous with excellent craftsmanship. I was truly overjoyed! I will be using Barrett Construction for future home improvements.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Installation

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor