Gold Coast Pool & Spa

Founded 1991 • With Angi since October 2007

PO Box 4991

West Hills, CA 91307

License Number 869067. Gold Coast Pool & Spa is a full service company that has been in business since 1991. With a combined 45 years of service, owners Mike and Heinz can take care of all of your swimming pool needs. From weekly service, to repairs, and installations, we will personally solve your

12/06/2017

Joel H.

Heinz and Gold Coast were wonderful. He was informative during the estimate process, more than others. Heinz was always professional, helpful, and thorough. The workers he used were professional, very good, and did a wonderful job. A crack was discovered in the process and repaired. The mini-pebble pool surface we selected with advice looks great. At the end of the project, there were some areas that needed cleaning, and Heinz/Gold Coast continued to attend to those areas. I had gotten 4 estimates for this work. Gold Coast was in the middle, but I'm sure the work was exceptional and a good value. I would definitely recommend Heinz to anyone.

Description of Work
Resurfacing swimming pool

09/25/2017

Darren L.

They were great and everything went smoothly with them.

Description of Work
They installed a new pool pump and filter and they did all the paperwork for the rebate.

09/13/2017

Adam T.

Heinz from Gold Coast did a job so bad I thought he was playing a prank on me. But after seeing what has happened to my pool and talking to the numerous contractors who have come by for repairs, I realize Heinz is just a joke contractor. Within less than two years I went from "having a hole in the ground" as Heinz called to still having an unusable hole in the ground. Tile has fallen off and plaster has cracked to the point it all needs to be replaced. Already. Tens of thousands I gave Heinz went down the crack with my pool water because I need to do it all over again. I had Heinz give an estimate in June 2015 for replaster. He strongly recommended going with a pebble finish since he had never seen any problems with them in the 20 years he's been doing this. He also recommended new plumbing, tile, electrical and equipment too, saying I basically had just a hole in the ground, and things should be brought up to date. Since we were new to the house, a fresh start sounded like a good idea. We added a heater to the mix too. Heinz (his crew/sub contractors - Heinz doesn't get his hands dirty) starts right after 4th of July, telling me it will be done in three weeks. Four weeks later, he hits a snag. Apparently I needed a new connection from the gas company to fit my new heater. Now he tells me. When he knew from day one I wanted a heater. He couldn't have spent 15 seconds to check that from the beginning? Of course the gas company can't come for 3 weeks, so add that to a job that was already late. Fast forward to May 2016. Around 8 feet of newly installed tile fell off and sunk to the bottom of my new pool. I email Heinz and he responds right away, saying he'd stop by to check it out. He comes by to check it out the following week and tells me he'll call his tile guy, and takes off. Never heard from him after that. No tile guy ever showed up. I call the tile business that sold Heinz the tile for a repairman recommendation. He comes by, fixed the problem tile and makes sure to tell me that tile should not fall off so quickly - less than a year after being installed. July 2016, more tile in a different section falls off. February 2017, my pool begins to leak. About an inch a day, which the pool people I spoke to considered substantial. I call Heinz and he comes by a few days later. He looks around and says he'll send over a leak detector. A leak detector comes a few days later and was surprised my pool wasn't clean or full of water. Heinz never told me to fill it and clean it. The leak detector says a dirty pool will likely prevent him from finding hairline cracks, but what can we do at this point? He spends a few hours doing numerous tests and finds nothing. But the pool is leaking. He recommends to let it drain on its own so the crack with show itself when the water dries out from the pebble finish. A few weeks later, he was right. The pool drained and the water evaporated leaving a massive 12 foot crack going across the bottom of the pool! How in the world did the leak detector not find this crack when he put on his diving suit and spent at least 45 minutes in my pool?! Oh right, maybe it was the dirty pool that Heinz didn't tell me to clean. Maybe Heinz and the leak detector are good friends just looking out for each other so Heinz didn't have to take any responsibility for a bad plaster job? I'm not sure, but it sure is fishy. I call Heinz to tell him a crack is definitely present and he gives me the number to his plaster guy. So not only am I responsible for paying for a repair on a plaster job that is less than two years old, Heinz can't even call his own plaster guy for me. I never hear from heinz again. I call his plaster guy and he never shows up when he's supposed to. What a surprise. It just really seems that Heinz and all his subs don't want to take responsibility for a bad pool job so everyone avoids contact. A big surprise coming from a contractor who got really good reviews for some reason. I hire a plaster repair company who tells me, like the tile, there's no way the plaster should have cracked so quickly without an earthquake or major foundation problems. They also recommend to replaster the entire pool. But I went with crack repairs instead since we just shelled out a ton of money to Heinz. All I know is what Heinz left me with in my backyard...a hole in the ground, just how he said it was before he started the job and took tens of thousands from me. And to top things off, more tile fell off this week from a different section of the pool. He's a contractor who does a bad job and takes no responsibility and should be avoided when there are so many other pool contractors available.

Description of Work
Replaster pool with pebble finish and new tile, new equipment, new plumbing, and new lighting.

08/28/2017

Edward W.

Excellent! Arrive on time and did a fantastic job. Cleaned up and were careful to not disturb the rest of the yard.

Description of Work
Pool re-plastering pool and leak repair

08/26/2017

Eric E.

Mike from Gold Coast Pool & Spa showed up right on time and presented himself as a thorough and knowledgeable professional. In 20 minutes with Mike Sidoti I learned more about pool chemistry and maintenance than I've learned in 20 years dealing with other people. He immediately knew what the problems were and what to do about it, where pool people in the past were just left scratching their heads. Mike is as smart and pool-educated as they come, and he's a really nice guy as well. Gold Coast Pool gets my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
My pool pump was slowing down and pool algae was growing, even with chlorination in the water.

04/27/2017

Michael A.

Sal showed up right on time. He answered all my questions courteously. It took a little over an hour or so to complete the work. He cleaned up well after he was done. During the installation, Heinz showed up to make sure everything was going well. Heinz answered a number of questions I had about other aspects of my pool, which helped me a lot. The pump and filter are now operating very well. They even hauled away my old DE steel filter unit, something that was a pleasant surprise. These guys know what they're doing. They are professional. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Gold Coast installed a new pool sand filter and variable speed pump.

11/23/2016

Suzanne E.

We went ahead and did the work which involved emptying the pool, replacing the tile, removing the old plaster, remodeling a former spa section, and finishing with a beautiful pebble finish. The work was completed within the time frame he promised, even with a couple days of rain delay. Heinz was on site regularly to oversee the work and communicated with us frequently. We are very happy with the job, and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
After 30+ years, our pool was in need of repair and remodeling. Heinz came out promptly to give us an estimate.

10/20/2016

Harlie L.

They're fabulous. Mike is the owner and his technician is just as excellent. They're very attentive to cleaning and to anything that might be wrong. They're very contentious to any little thing. If you call them with a question or a concern, they're right on it. They call you right back and deal with it immediately.

Description of Work
We do maintenance with them.

10/01/2016

Alisha P.

That was in June, and I have had four months of trouble-free pleasure and have enjoyed every swim. Beyond the cleaning, Heinz provided much helpful information and tips on products to use that have made my pool chores easy. I swear I haven’t even had much leaf debris to clean since then! I can’t thank and recommend Gold Coast enough. I’m about to schedule a filter cleaning, and am totally comfortable using their services. Thank you!!

Description of Work
I bought a house in 2013 that had a pool…wanting to do as much of the maintenance as possible myself with assistance only with major service and repair, I went through four less than stellar pool service companies before I found Gold Coast. At that point I had a spa that was a slimy opaque green mess. Heinz showed up at my house and inside of a few hours had my pool and spa sparking and beautiful.

09/14/2016

Judson C.

We worked with Mike, who was very knowledgeable and professional. The control system (Zodiac) is very easy to use via a user-friendly phone app.

Description of Work
Installed new pool pump, heater and control system

12/01/2015

Mike S.

We are very happy with them and will continue to use them in the future

Description of Work
We have a monthly service with them and also buy our pool equipment from them

09/18/2015

Linda D.

Mike was personable and professional. Diagnosed the problem and explained it with respect. The price was very good compared to a quote I received from another service provider. I was very pleased with the service and would call him for any other swimming pool issues I might have in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the electronic circuit board in the pool heater.

09/11/2015

Ziona F.

Mike was prompt making initial appointment and arriving on time. Listened to what I was saying and offered several options within my budget and sensibilities. Heinz and his crew showed up on time on designated day to begin work. Everything they said they'd do and the time it would take was done as they promised. They were friendly, professional and cleaned up after each day's work was done. They also did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
Re-plastered and re-tiled pool and removed diving board.

07/17/2015

Catherine F.

Heinz came to my home and quickly fixed an automatic stopper issue I had with my waterfall. He seemed very knowledgeable. Good work.

Description of Work
Fixed an automatic stopper issue

04/29/2015

David M.

Heinz is an expert in his field and handled our pool with excellent repairs and thoughtful advice.

Description of Work
Repaired pool cracks, refreshed filter, updated pump meter, and installed GFI for pool light. Cleared up all water chemistry issues and advised on other purchases and plans.

03/12/2015

JAMES P.

The pump had stopped working for the waterfall for the pool and the control panel for the salinator had gone out. Mike came by and explained that if a pump has not been use for a while sometimes the bearings get stuck inside. He was able to hand crank the motor and loosen the bearings. After a few tries the pump started up. This is a terrific example of honest repair service. It would have been easy to check the motor for the pump and say it needed to be replaced which would have cost a great deal. Mike then checked the circuit board on the salinator. You could see that one of the circuits had burned out. The circuit board was replaced and everything was in working order. If you want an honest appraisal of your repair needs I highly recommend Mike and Gold Coast Pool and Spa.

Description of Work
Repaired pool pump for a waterfall and replaced circuit board for the salinator unit. The Board was $295 and the labor was 100$

01/08/2015

Paul M.

Mike came out very quickly after I called. When he arrived he looked over my pump and found an issue, he was able to resolve it right then. Mike also provided a very good evaluation of my pool equipment and overall health of my entire pool system. He is very knowledgeable and even though he wasn't there to consult he gave me some good ideas on fixing some of the hardscape (pool tiles and Bricks). I know a number of people with pools in the neighborhood and will be recommending Mike to them.

Description of Work
Evaluate overall condition of pool equipment. Check pool pump for running condition.

01/06/2015

Dan & Elicia G.

Great! They did exactly what they said they would do for the agreed-upon price.

Description of Work
Install a variable speed pool pump.

12/04/2014

Timothy W.

They are prompt, do a good job, and they're always on time.

Description of Work
They cleared up a pool that had poor maintenance.

09/28/2014

Gene N.

Heinz and his colleague arrived early and were professional from start to finish. Not only did they install the new equipment, they also explained the process and taught me a few things along the way. At they end of the installation, they even swept up the area and broke down the cardboard boxes and placed it neatly in the recycle bin. It's the small things that impressed me with their service. At the end of the appointment I even decided to switch over my weekly pool service to their company!

Description of Work
Replaced filter and pump.

09/22/2014

Tom M.

Heinz and Gold Coast Pools did a great job. After I purchased my home, I found that the pool was in disrepair in many ways. First they stabilized the pool water and chemicals, avoiding an algae bloom and larger problems. Then they replaced the salt system and fixed small leaks. In the mean time, they searched to find matching tiles to do tile repair and replace. Once the tiles arrived, they fixed all the missing tiles, and grout. it was a phased job job with many parts. They handled the process great, and gave my pool a new life. I also want to add: I asked them to come back and touch up some areas of the re-tile. They were accommodating and more than agreeable to do the work. They did not send the final bill until I was totally satisfied, which i am.

Description of Work
New salt system, fix tiles, start up maintenance

07/25/2014

Elizabeth K.

I called for monthly pool service and the call was returned immediately. They came out the same day and started working on my pool immediately. Heinz was amazing and so helpful with my pool equipment. He took the extra time to show me how my equipment works. My monthly pool service started the same week. I will use this company for all my clients as well!

06/09/2014

ELENA C.

I called and left a message that I had some minor plumbing that I needed for my built in spa that I was hoping to turn into a Koi pond. They never returned my phone call.

Description of Work
Never returned my call

06/01/2014

David R.

Mike was prompt to respond to me and we had constant communication by phone and text. I had ordered a pool filter online and had it delivered to my door and needed an installer to yank out the old one and replace it with my new purchase. After the installation we had an issue with the filter I had purchased online and my new filter needed to be replaced with one that did not have the internal damage my replacement had that Mike just installed. It took about a week to receive the replacement and Mike and his crew came out and replaced once more. Mike was able to get me in by the beginning of the weekend although he was very busy and could not be sure he could make it to me by Monday. I would highly recommend Gold Coast Pool and Spa for your pool and spa needs!

Description of Work
Gold Coast replaced my old pool filter with a replacement filter.

Category pool cleaners

This was the first time I have seen any piece of equipment so badly damaged from shipping. I felt terrible when the filter would not work right especially because it was Memorial Day weekend and the kids were anxious to swim. Glad things worked out in the end. Thanks for the work.

05/28/2014

Donald L.

They came out to visit and we discussed what I needed and my experience with other pool service companies. Due to His schedule and the size of the pool he was honest about not being able to take us on as a client at this time. As you can imagine he is very busy this time of year in Los Angeles I appreciate the honesty vs taking the job and then doing a half a** performance. After he left he did call me back to say that he had given my number to a friend of his that he believed could help me. We did speak and he has taken on the job. Thanks Gold Coast for helping me out.

Description of Work
I called to discuss weekly pool service.

Category pool cleaners

I am glad our referral worked out. Sorry we were not able to fit you in. Best regards