S.C. Home Repair

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2016

Full service Home Maintenance & Repair. Specializing in painting, flooring and bathroom/kitchen remodeling. Electrical, plumbing etc. Licensed General Contractor License #1088129

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Remodeling

general contractors

202094598
Remodeled interior of home(Demo to finish)
Remodeling  project

Bedrooms Remodeling

picture framing

202194510
View project

handyman (28)home remodeling (5)hardwood floors (5)drywall (5)general contractors (5)interior painting (4)plumbers (4)insulation (4)door installation (3)house painting (3)electrician (3)tile installation (3)

11/18/2022

Yara P.

Josh is super reliable, professional, respectful (wears booties!), solutionist, flexible, clean/tidy, knowlegeable, skilled, need I say more? He can fix anything in my opinion. Make your to-do list and call him today!

Description of Work
Handyman

Work Completed On 11/18/2022

03/08/2022

Andra Y.

5 Star review . Excellent work , continuing to hire Josh Matus of SC Home Repair and recommending to my neighbors, family and friends. Josh is professional, reliable , trustworthy , kind, and an expert in a wide variety of home repairs . I have been using SC Home Repair for many years with a wide variety of large and small repair jobs and have been very satisfied and happy with the work Josh has done for me,

Description of Work
Replace exterior house Siding, carpentry, roofing, waterproofing, plumbing , painting , carpentry , electrical , handy man jobs both extensive/ large and also small jobs

Category contractors, electrician, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, hauling services, plumbing, remodeling, chimney caps, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

08/16/2021

Yara P.

Josh is the best! Very thorough and does the job right to perfection. His skill set is so vast~ very impressive. He’s my official handyman now! :)

Description of Work
plumbing, Caulking. Shower repair

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

Thank you so much for your feedback. I take pride in my work and I appreciate you allowing me to help you with your home.

04/16/2021

Nicole C.

I highly recommend Josh Matus from SC Home Repair. We needed to have a ceiling replaced in a closet after it was damaged by water. The plumber who originally fixed the leak cut out the ceiling to fix the leak, but was not able to reinstall it. We hired Josh to replace the ceiling. He did an excellent job. He was punctual and polite, and kept me looped in on the entire project. He got my sign-off on all of his decisions and ran pricing by me when he needed to buy supplies. He knew exactly what he was doing. Josh finished the job quickly in two days and did excellent work while paying attention to detail. I would certainly hire him again!

Description of Work
Needing a ceiling replaced after it was damaged by water

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was my pleasure to complete the ceiling repair for you and I look forward to assisting with future projects! Josh Matus-S.C Home Repair

01/27/2021

Richard G.

My new kitchen floor is beautiful! Josh was prompt with his responses, on-time, efficient, and did a wonderful job installing my kitchen floor. He made sure I had everything I needed for the job, the quote was very reasonable, he even hauled away all of the garbage. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Kitchen Floor Installation

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

Review for S.C. Home Repair - Contra Costa County, Walnut Creek, CA - 39192662

01/14/2021

Eva M.

Excellent. Josh is honest, trustworthy. Im hiring him for other projects. He quoted me a little more than others quotes but Proven to do a good job. I had a quote that was less money but worker could hardly speak English can't have poor communication.

Description of Work
Helped Patio Furniture Assemble

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed] I was happy to help.

12/31/2020

Randy P.

Josh was an excellent match! Fast, honest, polite, fair price, and quality work. 100% would hire him again and plan to do so. Great guy, thanks for the work today, see you soon!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was great meeting you today and I look forward to assisting with future projects.

03/01/2020

Kaila V.

Josh was professional and very knowledgeable, he has become my go to handyman!

Description of Work
Electrical, remodeling, plumbing.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I'm so happy to be your go to for home repairs/remodeling. I look forward to helping you with future projects with your home. Thank you! Josh

11/22/2019

Bob F.

Josh has done everything to reverse a prob that we have and his work ethic and communication was exceptional. I would give him an A across the board in every facet of his work.

Description of Work
Replaced door sill, aligned front double doors

Category doors

Work Completed On 11/23/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! It was truly a pleasure helping you out with your home and I look forward to future projects. Josh Matus-S.C. Home Repair

11/14/2019

Linda S.

Great! He was punctual, friendly, knowledgable, efficient, meticulous and very helpful!

Description of Work
Shed assembly

Work Completed On 11/14/2019

Review for S.C. Home Repair - Contra Costa County, Walnut Creek, CA - 38264560

11/10/2019

Todd N.

He tried to price gouge on materials. Keep a record and ask for receipts. Josh asked if I would pay him and a helper on one of his many 1 hour work sessions. I agreed to pay him and his friend Thinking this would MAYBE expedite this way longer than a “2 day job” as he PROMISED me initially. His friend didn’t seem to know how to use a power drill. He secured ONE 2x4 to my ceiling with the last wood screw 1/4 of the was into the board and upset when I refused to pay him for this visit. I was asked to assist him numerous times. Josh flaked on many appointments multiple times. I had to sand the ceiling myself and find a painter to finish the ceiling drywall because Josh would not return my texts or calls. What a headache. Beware.

Description of Work
Water damaged ceiling, bathtub stems, kitchen faucet install

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation

[Member Name Removed] half of this is false. I tried multiple times to come out to finish the sanding and painting. Your schedule made it difficult. The first day I came out there (30 minute drive) you didnt answer my calls to let me in so I stood there for 30 minutes then left. After that it was a bit complicated to coordinate our schedules. I think you're mistaken about the materials I dont "price gouge" or take advantage. I was very accommodating to all of your requests for soundproofing and I tried multiple times to come out and finish sanding. You started to manipulate the final payment and back out of our original agreement. The agreement was for you to pay for the drywall once completed and you were refusing to pay until the entire ceiling was painted and that wasnt our agreement.

10/23/2019

Patrick T.

It went fantastic, not only was the work Josh did on point but his explanations, creativity, and thoroughness were all great! We have already recommended his services to family and friends

Description of Work
Upgraded lighting, removed some cabinets and painted a wall, made a door opening larger.

Category contractors, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

09/07/2019

Sally H.

Josh was very easy to work with, collaborative, creative. He clearly enjoys what he does and is very willing to accommodate new priorities and changes. A real pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Originally contacted Josh about installing new bathroom vanity. He ended up completing my punchlist for preparing my home to rent. He did a complete remodel on one bathroom, installed new baseboards, installed new slider, New fence, painting, new hinges and handles on the doors, etc.

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

Review for S.C. Home Repair - Contra Costa County, Walnut Creek, CA - 38094181

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. It really was an honor helping you through the entire process of getting your home ready. It was a pleasure working for you and I hope to assist you with future projects. Josh Matus

08/24/2019

Christine F.

Came next day, on time, professional.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 08/24/2019

Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your project and I look forward to future projects. Josh Matus(925) 826-7863

01/05/2019

jamie C.

josh was above excellent in all that he repaired at pur house knowledge base on everything we needed done was amazing he kept us informed throughout the entire time he spent completing the repairs great personality and could repair anything we asked of him we will use him everytime we need repairs moving forward would highly rate his overall abilities and excellent repairs as exceptional

Description of Work
repairs throughout house were completed

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

11/08/2018

Aaron L.

Josh did a thoroughly excellent job replacing the flooring in my rental unit. His attention to detail was spectacular, and the floor is meticulously and beautifully installed. He did what he said he'd do, stayed within the estimate, and did just fantastic work.

Description of Work
Demo and Replace Hardwood Flooring

Category handyman service, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

09/26/2018

John C.

Josh is fantastic - incredibly professional, punctual and hard working. He is a prefectionist and makes sure you are completely satisfied before finishing a job. I love the text updates during the day with photos of the work in progress. You can’t go wrong with Josh - I can’t recommend more. He has done everything for us from building a hot tub enclosure, to deck and gate repairs, to door installation and drainage work. Hire Josh - you won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
Drainage, Paving, Capentry, Door Installation

Category contractors, decks, fencing, handyman service, deck cleaning, doors

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

It was a pleasure helping you with these items [Member Name Removed] and I look forward to future projects!

08/16/2018

Aaron L.

I got in over my head on a do-it-yourself grout repair project and ended up reaching out to Josh to bail me out. He was very clear and up-front in his communications -- he provided a description of work, an estimate, and a time frame for delivery. I went with him, and everything went exactly how he said it would. He did the job how he said he would do it, when he said he would do it, and for the amount discussed. I honestly couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Repair concrete and tile/grout in master bath shower

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was my pleasure to help with your shower.

01/22/2018

courtenay B.

Josh was great! I contacted him late Saturday night and he came out Sunday afternoon to fix our shower. He was professional-And we will definitely use him for all future repairs needed!

Description of Work
Shower hardware replaced

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was great to meet you and look forward to assisting with future projects.

11/03/2017

Marcus L.

Josh was on time and very thorough. He did a great job at a good price. Very nice guy and easy to talk with. He explained what needed to be done and the materials he needed to acquire to do it. I'd definitely hire in again.

Description of Work
Reinstall a dishwasher

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]! It was my pleasure to help you with your kitchen repair and I look forward to assisting in the future.

11/25/2016

Kay L.

I am very pleased with his work and his price was very reasonable as well! He did such a fantastic job, I have already hired him to come back and do a carpentry project for me.

Description of Work
I had several small plumbing and electrical jobs and Josh finished them all in less than three hours.

Work Completed On 11/25/2016

Thank you for the positive review, I'm happy I was able to help you with your repair list and look forward to future projects!

10/19/2016

Michelle C.

He did such a beautiful job. He was very professional and prompt. The floor is simply AMAZING.

Description of Work
Tore out my carpeting, repaired a "pee spot" in the flooring, then laid down hardwood flooring and base boards.

Category handyman service, hardwood floor