DOLAN'S LUMBER WINDOWS & DOORS

Founded 1906 • With Angi since July 2005

4.1

2750 CAMINO DIABLO

Walnut Creek, CA 94597

The name Dolan's has been associated with the building industry in the Bay Area since the early 1900's. We remain a family owned business dedicated to providing the best possible products at affordable prices. Our staff at each location is knowledgeable and up-to-date on information that can help

04/17/2020

Ajitpal P.

2nd time in my life I encountered the biggest racist bigot in my life. We have spent over $300K with Dolan lumber, everything paid. The screwed up on the order of fleetwood windows paid over $170K entire order, 2 pairs of doors were never ordered, they billed another $18K which I did not agree with as we had paid majority of stuff. Their CFO and admin staff also agreed there was a miss in their accounting and yesterday I received call from someone by the name of Gene Dolan, transcript of call "who the **** you think you are and not pay for my doors, i will put a lean on your house. F*****ing scam artist, you people think you can do anything, I am rich I will sue you" my response who are you? and then I tried asking why was he yelling, he said I am the owner and hung up. I called CFO who i was in contact with, he said I apologize and he is the owner. I received this treatment after spending over $300K+ as a customer, not to mention I am home owner not a person in his trade that he deals with everyday. Hope you think twice after working with such person, who also gives rest of american's bad name.

Description of Work
bought lumber and windows

12/23/2014

Donna F.

Windows came in fine. However, the new front door, the pre-hung frame hadn't been stained to match the door, so the whole unit had to be sent back and redone. That took an additional 1wk.

Description of Work
Supplied the Anderson widows and new front door

06/05/2014

Herbert S.

Description of Work
I didn't use this company and have no knowledge of their work

10/15/2013

HENRY E.

See above.

Description of Work
Gave estimate for broken glass on sliding door. Did not want to repair but sell me a complete siding door. I bought all windows and doors from Dolan's about 10 years ago and they were out of warranty. But no consideration given for above repair. They also wanted a deposit before giving a written estimate! Had glass replaced by another company for approx $600.

06/10/2013

Robert M.

I decided to go with a local windows contractor who can replace the central panel that failed and be done within 3 days time for a fraction of the cost. They are not in Angie's list so I cannot create a review for them.

Description of Work
Windows contractor was very responsive but they only do whole window (and frame) replacement and are no local.

10/04/2012

Carol L L.

Merely ordered and they shipped per our measurements. Good experience. Good prices.

Description of Work
Purchased custom Anderson wood clad windows for installation by our contractor. Excellent service and assistance all the way around.

07/23/2012

Karen B.

They were great. The experience was easy. They were very professional and helpful. Their prices were about the same or maybe a teeny bit better than other local big box stores and their delivery time was better. They confirmed the measurements with my contractor and they worked it out with him and double checked everything before they ordered. They spent hours with me picking out what I wanted. They were very, very helpful. It is a smaller company and they were great. I would recommend them. They don't do the installation but they recommended a contractor that was really good and did a great job. They gave me a list of people they work with and I went with the company at the top of the list. They did a beautiful job. They also had more products available and they could order anything we wanted. They were flexible and worked with me on the price. They were more flexible. It took about a month for the doors and windows to be shipped. I'm going to use them again.

Description of Work
I bought Anderson doors and windows from Dolan's Lumber Windows & Doors.

06/05/2012

J L S.

Everything was wonderful about working with them. We didn't have any trouble. There were a few things that came strangely, but they took care of things right away. They were great. I would not mind working with them again. The pricing was comparable. We dealt with Mark Pent. We really liked him, and he answered all of our questions, explained everything and also recommended several general contractors for us to interview. If anything did come up the y responded immediately to it.

Description of Work
We purchased windows, a new front door, a man's door for our garage from them.

07/04/2005

KATHY P.

DOLAN LUMBER WAS VERY FAST TO ORDER and GET IN STOCK THE WINDOW WE NEEDED IN ORDER TO FIX THE FRONT DOOR. THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL and PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
DOLAN LUMBER ORDERED A SINGLE PANE WINDOW FOR AN ANDERSON DOOR TO REPLACE THE ONE THAT HAD BROKEN.

Palm Construction

Palm Construction will send one of our 3D Design Experts to your home for an introductory session that includes your projects’ scope of work, specs, and dimension, followed by walk-through of different showrooms and material suppliers, getting you one step closer to your desired vision. Your project will be performed by our top professional crew members.

2022 Super Service Award

A Taylor Made Window

A-Taylor Made Window has a strong reputation as one of the leading window and door providers in the San Francisco Bay area. The team at A-Taylor Made Window boasts an enduring track record, with a long list of customers satisfied with their completed work. One of the hallmarks of the services is the stress-free, diligent project management during every stage of the planning and installation. Window services include: window replacement, fiberglass windows, wood clad windows, casement window, aluminum windows, arched window, picture window, garden window, wood windows, single-hung window, bay window, window installation, energy efficient windows, custom windows, mulled windows, vinyl windows, awning window, double-hung window, horizontal sliding windows, and more. A-Taylor Made Window has a broad service area: Richmond, Hercules, Albany, San Francisco, Kensington, El Cerrito, Pinole, El Sobrante, Oakland, Berkeley, Rodeo, San Rafael, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Mill Valley, Lafayette, and Martinez. Solano & I680 Corridor: Antioch, Orinda, Vallejo, Pittsburg, Moraga, Benicia. In the Tri-Valley Area: Danville, Dublin, Alamo, Pleasanton, San Ramon, Livermore. I880 Corridor: San Leandro, Castro Valley, Hayward, San Lorenzo. Marin County: San Rafael, Corte Madera, Fairfax, Tiburon, San Anselmo, Novato, Sausalito, Mill Valley, Larkspur. For more information about the available services, talk to the experts at A-Taylor Made Window. Their Richmond business address is at 5327 Jacuzzi St #5E Richmond, CA 94804. Call to schedule a complimentary consultation for a custom proposal: (510) 559-5530. Other Location: Address: 5359 Azalea Ct Livermore, CA 94551 Phone: (925) 932-8762

AMM Fencing

AMM Fencing is a highly-rated outdoor construction company serving the Tri-Valley area, as one of its largest providers of residential redwood fencing. Our company offers competitive pricing and an easy process, from start to install. We provide each customer with a personalized estimate, and a high-quality installation process that fits your schedule. This has earned us the esteemed title of Diamond Certification #2084, with 98% of our customers stating that they would continue to use AMM Fencing for any additional projects. All of our Redwood is premium grade, locally sourced and naturally resistant to insects, decay, and warping! Our provided services are extensive, including Redwood Fencing & Gates, Pressure Treated Retaining Walls, Wrought Iron Fencing & Gates, Wired Fencing & Gates, Decks, Arbors, and Trellises. We are a locally owned, operated, and licensed fencing contractor committed to servicing East Bay communities like Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Diablo, Blackhawk, Alamo, Moraga, Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, Concord, Martinez, Castro Valley, Hayward, San Lorenzo, and San Leandro. Estimates are free, and provided Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm. No deposit is required and payments are made easy with our online billing system. We also accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash! Each homeowner that contacts AMM, can be sure that they are in dependable hands. C13-Fencing License Number #969043

2022 Super Service Award

WINDOWS & PATIO DOORS, HOME IMPROVEMENTS, OUTDOOR LIVING STYLES, LUMBER, HARDWARE, TOOLS, DELIVERY