Total Outdoors

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

2410 Alta Vista Dr

Vista, CA 92084

Total Outdoors designs and delivers innovative landscape solutions through the talents, passion and skills of our professionals. We are committed to creating unique yet appropriate design solutions that enhance the environment and the experiences of their users.. We work closely with project teams to ensure that our design reflects and reinforces the objectives of the client, the project's users and the surrounding community. Throughout the design process we creatively challenge clients and site users, attempting to identify cultural, historical and educational elements appropriate to the project, always exploring how a site's potential may be realized in its landscape design. Examples include creating safe, quiet, private places within a dense urban community; enhancing the natural environment and existing surroundings; incorporating indigenous materials whenever possible; and minimizing site maintenance expenses. Creating a new patio, pavingstone driveway, pond or other water feature, putting green or any other outdoor space. It all starts with an idea and we will help you develop that idea into something spectacular...

11/06/2013

Rhonda M.

Work went well. John was professional and his crew started work on time and were professional. John addressed all of my questions when determining what type of wall to go with. We decided on interlocking blocks, the wall was less than 3 feet and didn't require a permit. John responded quickly to emails and calls. It's been over a year and the wall still looks good and holding up well. I'm very pleased with the quality of work.

Description of Work
Installed new retaining wall, and cut down a tree.

Category hardscaping

10/07/2013

Lynda F.

BAD!!! First of all, I want to explain my review... John, the owner of Total Outdoors and I DON'T get along at all! I will do my best to honestly review my experience with Total Outdoors. I will not go into all the details!!! The last time I tried to write a "complete" review, It did not go well and I had it removed for my own well being... So, here goes... John, the owner was not aware that one of his supervisor's, Pierre, had been stripped of his license by the contractor board years before because of poor work! In John's defense, Total Outdoors does not build "concrete ponds" The concrete pond they built for us was very pretty at first, but full of areas in and around the falls that leaked water into our soil causing the water level to go down substantially. John spent a lot of money himself and did try and fix the leaks to no avail. Needless to say after almost one and a half years of a total mess in my yard and lots of black gunk all over the pond, I gave up!!! I hired another company at my expense who removed the original pond and built a new pond! I have seen pictures of other projects John built and they were beautiful. We just had a bad experience =(

Description of Work
built a pond

Category landscaping

05/17/2012

Gena L.

John was very professional from the start. I made sure to emphasize timing was important to me because I have two little kids that need to get outside and play. I did not want the job to drag on. He was timely and kept me informed of the progress every step of the way. I was thrilled he was able to stay on schedule and finish the job in the amount of time he originally estimated.

Description of Work
I purchased a home in January and hired Total Outdoors to redo the landscaping in the back yard including putting in a built-in barbeque. I am very pleased I found Total Outdoors because the back yard was a mess with no rhyme or reason and now it is just beautiful. I would highly recommend John and his crew to anyone looking for these services.

Category landscaping, masonry

09/07/2011

Kari T.

John was great. He was very responsive to phone calls and kept us updated as the project developed. His workers showed up by 7:30 everyday and worked hard until 4. I liked that they worked everyday until the job was done. No starting the job and disappearing in the middle to start another job. It was nice that the crew showed up in a company shirt so you can identify them and it was the same guys day after day. They were courteous, quiet, they cleaned up at the end of the day, and they performed QUALITY work.

Description of Work
We had two retaining walls built, our overhead spray irrigation converted to drip, and some trees planted.

Category landscaping, masonry

Thank you very much for the kind words. We work hard to make sure our clients are happy and understand what is happening. I look forward to working with you in the future on other projects.

Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

Henry ortiz

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in general home repair and remodeling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Modern Home Remodeling

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, PayPal

Custom Designs Our Designers listen to your wants and needs. Sustainable ? Our expert designers can handle the toughest obsticles Waterwise ? How do we know if were waterwise. HOA ? Let us handle all the details with your HOA Irrigation ? Is your irrigation right for your landscape?. Pavers ? Do you want a patio to entertain, or just to relax in? Services Overview Discover the look that inspires complete confidence Whether your goal is to create a place

Pools, room additions.