Acuterra Engineering & Construction Services

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2008

770 Sycamore Ave Ste 122-448

Vista, CA 92083

French drains, drainage system design & construction. Expert Consulting in: Foundation repair, Cracked slabs, Hillside reconstruction, unstable walls & failing overhead beams, retaining walls, Deeper water extraction or De-watering wells, basement and retaining wall waterproofing....

07/28/2017

Richard P.

Very well. Any problems were quickly resolved. (sprinkler damage) I highly recommend this firm.

Description of Work
Re-enforce a failing stacked stone wall 5ft high by 40ft wide.

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, structural engineer

07/24/2017

Kenneth S.

The company did not return my call.

Description of Work
Landscape drain repair.

04/12/2017

Clara B.

I am so pleased. I am so happy. I'm just glad. It looks nice. They had to dig a trench to put the pipe down to the side walk level. Now the water just flows out to the side walk. They did a lot of work. He had to put the drain in my front lawn but he did it where you cant even see it. Russ and his workers were so nice. They are very good. It was worth every penny because now I am happy. I would refer him to anyone.

Description of Work
Re-route my entire drainage system in my back yard.

03/13/2017

Steve W.

Met with Accutera at job site. Was helpful.

Description of Work
Consultation about retaining wall repair

Category concrete repair

02/08/2017

Vicki F.

Mr. Pogue gave me tremendous peace of mind - he assured me that my house was in good condition, and the small signs of potential foundation problems were normal for a home as old as mine (built in 1979). He explained everything in a way I could understand. Very personable also. Most importantly, he was not trying to sell me something that I didn't need.

Description of Work
I needed an independent evaluation of settling problems in my home and an opinion of how to go forward with repair, if any repairs were needed.

Category drain pipe, structural engineer, foundation repair

12/26/2016

Joe P.

Russ analyzed our situation and sent us some information on what to do about it.

Description of Work
Analysis of slab moisture problem.

11/05/2016

Bernadine C.

It didn't. Due to Russell's lack of response to our calls we have given up and will be looking for a company that feels customer service - or at least customer contact - is important. Certainly Russell can choose which jobs he want to do, and at any point he could have told us that he did not want, or would not be able to do, our job. Honesty upfront is always easier to take than repeated excuses or just flat ignoring a customer. Be careful. This is an update of our 11/5/16 review. Mr. Pogue came to our home once after that date, assured us that his company never left a job undone, and mentioned that his company was very busy with a large job in La Jolla CA. We told him we understood and that we would wait for him to contact us with a plan for our repair. We never heard from him again. Today - 3/29/17 - we hired another company, one whose business practices include doing what they say they will do. As a correction to our original review, please note that while we paid $100 for Mr. Pogue to come to our home to diagnose our leak problem, we were unable to hire Acuterra due to Mr. Pogue's lack of interest/follow-up, and that no services were performed.

Description of Work
We needed advice about correcting a patio/foundation problem that caused rain to leak in under our living room fireplace. Our first call apparently caught Russell Pogue on a job and he said he would return our call. After several days we called again and learned he had lost our phone number. He came to our home on August 18, 2016 and told us what he thought should be done. During that visit we also talked to him about possibly reworking our courtyard, side yard and back yard. We paid him a $100 consultation fee and he said he would work up plans and get back to us. A couple of weeks later we called for a progress check, were told he wouldn't be able to get to the work sometime in October and advised to contact another company he recommended. We did so and learned that the second company also wouldn't be able to get to the job until late October. Since Acuterra was highly rated and we had already paid the consultation fee we called Russell back and asked him to do the job as soon as he could. Since then we have tried to reach him several times. Returning calls apparently isn't part of his business plan. The one time he answered his phone we were told he was out of town serving as an expert witness in a trial. In our last attempt to reach him - October 27, 2016 - we asked him to let us know whether or not he would be able to do the job. So far no response.

Category foundation repair, stamped concrete, patios

08/28/2016

Theresa D.

Russell Progue spent an incredible amount of time with me on the phone regarding a crack in a sim wall (I sent photos of the crack). He explained the purpose of the sim wall (the house is on a raised foundation) and his opinion as to whether or not it was a structural issue. He was very informative, patient, and honest! He easily could have charged my clients hundreds of dollars for a formal inspection. Instead, he provided his opinion, advised his fees for a formal inspection and repair, and left it up to my buyers to decide how they wanted to proceed. He even offered to talk with my buyers about the crack, free of charge! As a realtor, I am always looking for professional and honest contractors. Acuterra (especially Mr. Progue) has earned my trust and I will call them again when the opportunity arises.

Description of Work
I am a Realtor and have a house in escrow. It is an older home that we thought may have a foundation issue. I called Acuterra Engineering and spoke with Russell Progue regarding the issue.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

08/08/2016

Penni M.

Russ was kind enough to take a look at our inspection report and give us his opinion on the severity. Russ got back to me in a couple of days and spent some time going over the report. He was a great help, he sounds extremely knowledgeable and was very professional. He took his time to discuss the matter with me before I spent extra money ordering further inspections. All of this great service at no charge. I called Russ after trying to make appointments with other structural repair companies with no luck. Russ answered his phone and was great to work with. I would definitely use Acuterra in the future.

Description of Work
I called Russ because of a crack that was found in the foundation of the home I am in escrow to purchase. Our inspector found the crack in the foundation.

10/10/2015

Beneta B.

I live in La Jolla where the soils are very poor and everyone has concerns about sliding and erosion issues. In preparation for the upcoming winter, I contacted Acuterra to consult what would be needed to improve my situation and hillside. Russ is the ultimate in class. Instead of sensationalizing things and playing on my fears, he was very level head and walked the perimeter of my job and thoroughly discussed the condition of my house and the slopes in the backyard towards the canyon. In essence, my fears were not founded and he assured me that I have already done what needs to be done and no further works is needed. I strongly believe, if it was any other contractor, he would have submitted a proposal in the thousands of dollars for un-necessary work. I fully intend on using him for any issues that may arise in the future and have already recommended him to my neighbors for foundation and drainage issues. Thank you Russ for being so ethical and moral with your work and your company

Description of Work
Walked the perimeter of my home and provided feedback on drainage issues

09/18/2015

Tim M.

Russ was very professional and detailed in his approach. The estimate he provided was 10 pages with photos, explanation of the issues and the proposed solution. He was bidding against another contractor, and although Acuterra's estimate was slightly more, we are very happy we chose Acuterra. All work was performed by highly qualified and well-trained technicians. Russ visited the job site several times. We changed the work plan several times during implementation, and Russ was very accommodating. I highly recommend Acuterra for their quality of service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Install waterproofing on basement wall

Category basement waterproofing, wells

06/12/2015

Gina N.

I have never been so impressed with a contractor in my life. Russ was quick to respond to my inquiry and took the time to explain our situation and provide options for us -- including options that meant his company wouldn't get the work! His company's mission is to do what is best for the homeowner. After talking to Russ on the phone, it is clear that he truly believes this and practices what he preaches. After we move into our new home, we plan to have Acuterra give us an estimate for the work we need done and I am more than confident they will provide an accurate and honest assessment of our needs.

Description of Work
Provided excellent advice and was incredibly frank about our foundation situation, even if it meant we didn't go with his company. I am so impressed with Russ's professionalism.

12/23/2014

Mindy F.

The owner came out. He was super helpful, and very knowledgeable. I didn't need the service, and he was telling me why I didn't. He was very honest.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Acuterra Drainage and Foundation. While he was here, I asked him about landscaping, and he gave me a couple of prices for that, and for drainage issues.

Category landscaping

12/20/2014

Paul S.

They didn't do the job but they came over and gave us recommendations. There were no unexpected issues. They were at my house for about an hour. I felt like he was extremely helpful and very honest and gave us very good advice, very knowledgeable. We didn't have to do the work but I'm sure he does great. He has great reviews on Angie's List that's why I called them. He was completely honest, I could tell that. He has a lot of information, a lot of experience with these things. The estimate seemed expensive. If we needed something done, I would use him.

Description of Work
He gave us an estimate. He gave us feedback and gave us some very good advice. It was for the crack in the garage slab.

12/08/2014

Colleen M.

My husband and I were looking for a home and discovered a issue with the foundation during our home inspection. We needed a contractor to give us an assessment of the extent of the work that would need to be done to fix the foundation. I called Russ, with Acuterra, and he was fantastic. He spent a ton of time up front speaking with me about what could be going on with the house, and then was able to come out the very next day to perform an inspection. This was crucial because we needed to make a decision on what we were going to do with the home quickly, and we were bumping up against the Thanksgiving holiday. Russ came out and performed a thorough slab and foundation inspection. He gave us a full run down of what we would need to do to properly fix the home, and spent all the time we needed to answer our questions and address our concerns. Further, he even followed up with me after the inspection, when my husband and I had had time to discuss what we'd learned, gave us his opinion, and made himself available for any additional questions. In a society where everyone always seems to be in a rush and hurrying to the next job, Russ made us feel like we were his number 1 clients. Ultimately, we decided not to go through with the purchase of the home, but had we done so, we would have hired Acuterra to perform the work. I'd highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Russ with Acuterra performed a foundation and slab inspection on a home we were looking to purchase.

07/22/2014

Alex P.

Russ was incredibly helpful. I needed input on drainage issues at a property i am currently in escrow on. He provided detailed and insightful consultation and I learned a lot from him. He was incredibly honest and knowledgeable in his assessment of the work that needed to be done. We came up with a long term solution that I will absolutely be using his services for in the future. He did not push for work to be done immediately or use scare tactics. He was very generous with his time and again, very honest in his assessment of the problems. I would highly recommend Acuterra to anyone who needs foundation work, or drainage work. I plan on using them in the future for all of these needs, as his experience and knowledge seem invaluable for anyone encountering foundation or drainage issues.

Description of Work
Provided phone consultation on drainage and foundation issues.

02/28/2014

M B T.

I had a very unusual moisture problem and Russ Pogue was able to come up with an ingenious solution. They built a well on the uphill side of the water-vulnerable wall and installed a pump to remove whatever seepage may accumulate in the future. The workers were professional and the site was cleaner after the job than before.

Category wells

12/01/2013

robin F.

Russell Pogue is the owner of Acuterra Drainage and Foundation . The most important reasons I would recommend Russell's company if you have questions regarding your foundation or drainage are: 1. Russell will not tell you that you have a problem just to get a nickel out of you. 2. Russell does not make excuses if one of his employees drops the ball (i.e.; appointment scheduling miscommunication, service issues, payment/billing issues) He is the owner and he takes full responsibility for his business and who works for him. How refreshing to meet a friendly, professional business owner with integrity! Highly recommend you call Acuterra Drainage and Foundation for a quote and if you have any issues....call Russell Pogue, he stands behind his company. Robin P Fournier,ABR www.RobinFournier.com

Description of Work
foundation inspection

11/15/2013

Christine P.

My husband met with him and said he was friendly, he came on time, he called back right away so I imagine his work would also reflect this kind of quality. Maybe it doesn't seem like an important quality but today, when contractors don't call you back and blow you off or try to charge you for things that don't need to be done, this was most refreshing. Kudos to you!! Just goes to show that honesty and diligience don't go unnoticed! If we ever do need our foundation repaired, they'd be the first company I'd call.

Description of Work
We had a great experience with this company. As it turned out, he didn't do the job because after checking out the foundation by crawling into the nasty crawlspace, he told us our foundation was perfectly fine and we didn't need to spend money to repair it. It only needed stucco repair.

06/27/2013

Patrick C.

They are an awesome company. They have done four jobs for me. They have the highest quality and standards in the industry.

Description of Work
I used Acuterra Drainage and Foundation for drainage, retaining walls, piers and case on installation.

06/16/2013

KATHY T.

Left a voice mail and a message and no one was able to even return the call to schedule an inspection. Could not imagine hiring a company that can't even return a call

Description of Work
Provider was too busy to even return the voice mails left.

05/17/2013

Cathy W.

This was a very pleasant surprise. Russell Pogue was the representative from Acuterra. He arrived at our scheduled time and evaluated the problems we had with the crawlspace. He provided us with a variety of options, including one option that would cost us very little in the way of creating ventilation for the crawlspace. He impressed me with his knowledge and his integrity. He could have opted to propose a major drainage project, which we thought might happen, but instead his suggestion was to do this piecemeal. In other words, he suggested we first start with a more conservative approach and that it would probably go a long way in eliminating the dampness. After several months or a year, if the dampness was not eliminated, we could then move on to the next plan which would be to excavate under the house and either go with a sump pump or dig out under the foundation and direct the drainage farther away form the house, a much more expensive proposition. He explained that the problems we had were not serious enough to require immediate large scale remedies and we are very happy with this more conservative approach. He asked us to send email to let him know what the bids were on the ventilation (we need lots of it) and he would work with that. I am very impressed with this company and Russell is a true professional. We will have the ventilation openings installed very soon and plan to use Acuterra for future issues.

Description of Work
Evaluate and consult regarding water in the crawlspace and recommend drainage and mitigation options.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

04/12/2013

Tiffany R.

Great. I was impressed with his professionalism and wealth of knowledge.

Description of Work
I called Acuterra on 4/12/13 to discuss on ongoing issue I am having with my floor. Russ spoke with me for over an hour and discussed the issue with me at length. He was a wealth of knowledge and seemed to genuinely care about my situation. His years of experience are priceless to a homeowner like myself and it was so helpful to gain insight from his expertise. He provided me with recommendations on how to rectify the situation and was extremely detailed in his description. I would definitely recommend Acuterra to any friend, neighbor, or family member.

Category structural engineer

09/13/2012

Kathryn A G.

I called for an estimate to have foundation repair and drainage done to our home built in 1964 that had cracks in the foundation and water that settled at the back of the house. Russ Pogue scheduled a meeting with me to evaluate and provide an estimate for the work repairing the foundation and drainage. About 45 minutes before the appointment time, he called to state that he was in North County and with traffic would be late to our appointment. Since we had other companies coming on following days, I told him we would wait for him. Russ completed the evaluation with us and discussed what appeared to be appropriate repairs for the problems in our home and stated that he would provide a written estimate to us in about 4 days for foundation repair and drainage. We never heard from him again. We did not follow-up with him to request an estimate since the other contractors we received estimates from were so responsive, but I would suggest he is not puctual, responsive or professional.

Description of Work
No work was performed. We met with Mr. Pogue one time in order to obtain an estimate for the required foundation repairs and drainage.

07/22/2012

barbara B.

I was very happy with the service and the outcome. Accuterra was easy to work with and very reliable.

Description of Work
My home is built on a slope, with the main floor, street level, the upper floor. I had a water problem in the bottom floor of my home where there are several bedrooms and bathrooms. When it rained heavily I would have leaks through the concrete walls and floor. Russ at Accuterra offered a Plan A and Plan B - Plan A was to install a pump in the place where he felt the water was gathering and entering the house - Plan B was to install a full French drain. I opted for Plan A - so far it has worked well and there have been no further signs of water.

Category wells, drain pipe

Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair

What our customers think: "I have been using Advanced Sprinkler and Drainage Repair over the last 8 years, I highly recommend them. The customer service we receive is impeccable. The work and the customer service we receive is what keeps me a returning customer every time." "I have been a customer of ASDR for many years. They are responsive, thorough and always ready to propose a solution to make my sprinklers more efficient. I have happily referred them to others for any sprinkler or drainage issue." "It has been a real pleasure working with Advanced Sprinkler. Over the last two years I have had various works done. Your team is excellent from start to finish--the front office, scheduling and the work are all top rate!"

Offers by Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair on Angi
    Backyard Builders SD

Backyard Builders SD is a locally owned company started by a group of contractors that really care about a whole home improvement. We have narrowed ourselves down to being the best in the business at Turf and pavers. We have the visions to bring back yards and front yards to life. We have putting green experts, we have paver experts, we have sports turf, pet approved turf, and over all best looking turf on the market.. No job is too little or to big for us as we have team that extends up and down the coast of California. Overall our specialist will bring your dream yard to life and that is what we’re here for! We are the Turf Squad!

HomeTurf

HomeTurf is an artificial turf installation company with over 13 years experience in the trade. We pride ourselves on our impeccable lawns and our dedication to a positive customer experience throughout our sales and construction process. We are licensed, bonded and insured. Our sales representatives and support personnel are extremely courteous and professional. We want to work to earn your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Offers by HomeTurf	 on Angi