A 2 Z Handyman & Home Improvement

Founded 1985 • With Angi since November 2010

1221 Vale Terrace Dr

Vista, CA 92084

Call us (760) 716-5205.We can take care of all of your handyman and home improvement needs....

05/14/2020

Betty W.

Excellent .. he was a very pleasant bright hard-working Handyman

Description of Work
About 5 different things Around the home from cleaning and clearing out eaves trough’s and re-stabilizing them to planting in the ground walkway stones to putting up shelves like bookshelves and caulking shower doors

Category handyman service, garage builders

11/20/2019

Ron B.

Very well. Worked steadily and independently. All tasks were nicely done in a most professional manner.

Description of Work
Carpentry and electronic repairs.

Category electrician, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

10/09/2019

Yolanda B.

Came to my house spent time discussing job.....never heard back from him again. I would not recommend

Description of Work
Patio upgrade

Category decks, handyman service

Sorry to hear that !! I sent you an email two years ago after I went to see you !! Check your spam folder, you may find it

04/11/2019

Brenda C.

I've worked with and interviewed many handymen/contractors in the local area and I have to say Franco is the best there is. I highly recommend him because he is honest, humble, dependable, reasonable, generous and most of all very skilled in so many areas of home improvement. When he quotes you a price that you agree on, he sticks to his word. He doesn't try to change the price later or ask for more money before the job is done, like so many handymen have tried to do in my experience. He is a class act. He is also very patient, nice and easy to work with. He really listened and understood my ideas of opening the kitchen. We were very hesitant to do this but took a chance and asked Franco to help us with it. He knew exactly what we wanted, brought my idea to life exactly how I pictured it. That improvement made a huge difference in the look and feel of the house. We felt comfortable with him in our homes and he always gave me great advise and tips on home improvement. I originally hired him last summer to help with installation of lighting at my rental property. Since then, he has helped with my Mom's property doing a big renovation job in her home while she was living there that involved lots of demo, drywall repair, electrical, lighting installation, plumbing, carpentry etc. The house looks brand new inside now mostly because of the help we got from him. I don't think we could've done it without him and are lucky to have found him because I know from experience that good, honest handyman are hard to find. I definitely plan to keep using Franco as our guy to go to for work on our homes in the future. I recommend him to everyone who needs a great handyman who knows his stuff and who is also a good person to work with.

Description of Work
Renovation and Repairs

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors

03/29/2019

Maria D.

Very good, Franco completed and delivered handyman services promised. Professional and reliable

Description of Work
Several Small repairs

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, window treatments

03/27/2019

Maria D.

As promised by Franco, he came over to the house in time and within the time frame he promised and fixed the problem. I would highly recommend A-Z handyman anytime without hesitation. Thank you!

Description of Work
Water heater leaking

Category handyman service, plumbing

10/08/2018

Eve H.

Franco is the best handyman you could hire, there were so many tasks that needed to be done & Franco was very experienced in all the tasks that needed to be either repair or fixed! A very pleasant person very kind, compassinate, polite & you name it he is all that!! His work is excellent , cleans after himself & leaves the area clean!! I would recommend Franco for all the handy tasks that need to be done. His charges are very much worth it!

Description of Work
Multiple items

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, stucco, interior painters, doors

07/31/2018

Charlene W.

Very well. He arrives on time, does not leave a mess and the work is well done. He is also very nice, which is a bonus. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
plumbing, drywall repair and sliding closet doors installed.

Category closet systems, handyman service, plumbing

07/19/2018

Joji D.

The quality of work (carpet replacement with tiles and painting in my office) is superb, we decided to hire him again to replace our carpet in the living room. He also worked on the trims around our front door and French door. His work is very professional, our living room looks like it belongs to a model home. Great job, Franco! We'll work again soon.

Description of Work
Initial work is painting and replacement of carpet with tiles

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, hardwood floor, interior painters

03/27/2018

Roberto M.

Franco was great. showed up when he promised. Fixed the issue right away (replaced GFI outlet) and was very profession. I would hire him again :)

Description of Work
Troubleshot electrical problem.- no power to kitchen outlets

Category electrician, handyman service

07/30/2017

Russell S.

MR iacobelli was totally professional and did a great job an d made sure to clean up thoroughly afterward. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Change lighting in kitchen and floor repair

Category handyman service, lighting

05/30/2017

Amy J.

Great, very professional and reliable!

Description of Work
Misc stuff - putting up steel fence, hanging lights

05/08/2017

Ray B.

Great, was quick and didn't over charge for the work.

Description of Work
Repaired fire entry door

03/21/2017

Jim S.

Franco did a very complete job with attention to detail. I supplied door blank.

Description of Work
Slab door hung - hinges, lock holes cut and aligned.

Category handyman service, doors

03/07/2017

Karissa S.

Franco was incredibly professional, punctual and his price was very competitive compared to others we gathered. He completed all the jobs himself and on time, and went out of his way to accommodate our busy schedule and changing priorities. He recommended another individual who completed landscaping work for us who also provided high quality work. I would recommend him for any jobs in the future without hesitation.

Description of Work
We initially called Franco to get a quote on a fence that we wanted to replace. Although we ultimately decided to do that ourselves, we called him again several months later when we had several projects that needed to be done prior to selling our house. In total, we had him repaint the house trim, install a new master bath vanity and additional floor tile, repair hallway light, repair wooden deck, and repair dry wall holes in walls.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, fencing, flooring contractor, handyman service, plastering, remodeling, deck cleaning, house painters

11/04/2016

Alton H.

Mr. Iacobelli has my vote. A very professional man that takes pride and ownership in his work. I am especially thrilled with the clean-up upon completion. Most small businesses performs as a small business and forget the simple things. He complete the jobs and it looks great. I recommend Frank for all handy man needs.

Description of Work
Kitchen repairs: Splashes above oven, Tile and laminate.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, remodeling

10/22/2016

Meredith V.

I probably wouldn't hire him again, thought he is a nice person and though he did follow through with the jobs I needed done

Description of Work
Franco came out to give me an estimate in a timely way. He installed a ceiling fan (I purchased the fan) for $80. He put a threshold under the garage back door for $150. He had to saw off some of the bottom of the door to get it high enough to allow for the threshold. The saw line in not straight and he didn't put in something to keep mice or insects out of the garage. He put in a brace under an exterior post that holds up the front porch for $90. I gave him keys so he could do these jobs on his own time schedule. He did other small jobs on the interior. He re-caulked the kitchen sink backslash and the back of the sink for $75. He cosmetically fixed (painted with white paint) a damaged spot on the countertop for $50. He re-caulked the bathtub for $90. I wasn't satisfied with the tub, and, he carelessly left blobs of caulking in the bathroom sink. He came back and cleaned the sink and took apart the drain to make sure no caulking got down in the pipes. We discussed the tub. He said he'd come back and re-caulk it after I finished scrubbing the tiles where the caulking touched the tub. He came back several days later to fix it. I wasn't satisfied with the caulking job in the kitchen and he corrected his work to meet my expectations. I paid him and he left. Later I realized he still had my house keys, and he had to come back the next day and put them under something so I could get them later. Franco is a nice person. I'm of the opinion he busy. I did ask him for an itemized receipt and he had several days to prepare one for me. But no, he didn't have one ready, even though he made extra trips to the house to make things right for me.

Category ceramic tile, decks, handyman service, ceiling fans, doors

09/27/2016

Mary C.

Franco was very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Installation of tile in entry way, kitchen, both bathrooms and laundry room.

Category ceramic tile

07/30/2016

Terry R.

Franco came out the day after we called, looked at several jobs at the house, and told us which ones he could do. (He was not able to fix a broken window sash.) Three days later he arrived on time and completed each job quickly and efficiently. He waited while we cleaned behind the washer and dryer, then moved each back into place and re-leveled the washer. We will use his services again and would recommend him.

Description of Work
Repair of broken door jamb and drywall, shower door that didn't close properly, and replacement of attic vent screens.

03/03/2016

Ann D.

All went as expected. France came right away and gave an estimate. Actually, he suggested a more cost effective way to repair the trim. He arrived on time and completed the work in a day. I highly recommend Franco.

Description of Work
Repaired trim and replaced wood trim on garage doors.

02/01/2016

Virinchi D.

He is the epitome of professionalism and is always on time and works all day. He is very trustworthy and I have recommended him to my other family members including my mom.

Description of Work
Franco did many things for us dealing with painting the house to testing our shower in the guest bedroom.

11/18/2015

Stephen B.

Franco first in foremost is professional, trustworthy, dependable, hard-working, meticulous, extremely kind and respectful. He truly does it all (A To Z) and if you would like any changes due to preference, he will go the extra mile. We are remodeling key areas in our home to eventually rent out our home in San Elijo Hills. We were able to save so much money by choosing Franco rather than go with a company that provides a designer / general contractor for the project. Franco could do whatever we asked of him. He is busy because he IS everyone's handyman. That IS a great thing. He does his absolute best to help with projects when you would like them done. He however does it all so he will schedule certain aspects of the project on various days. Again, this is a POSITIVE thing as he wants to do it right and give you the time to do the project right to make his customer happy. His goal is customer satisfaction. He had to go back and forth to various stores (Home Depot, Bedrosians) for us because we did not have everything for the project. He was happy to go and help us in any way. Franco is truly wonderful. We actually have adopted him into our family and are currently looking for more projects so we can continue to see Franco on a regular basis. When we eventually rent our home, Franco will be the handyman we choose to continue to take care of our home and our future tenants. We are so happy we took the time to read Angie's List and get the recommendation to call Franco. It was the best decision we made on our home projects! Thank you so much Franco for all your hard work. We are forever grateful!

Description of Work
Franco does it all! He remodeled our bathroom - installed sink, cabinets, lighting, shower, drywall, tile in shower, flooring and toilet. He also installed appliances in our kitchen.....electrical, plumbing, carpentry, installation of tile..EVERYTHING FROM A TO Z!

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking

10/30/2015

Carol C.

NO response after coming to my home to give me an estimate on some work. No call, email, estimate.. nothing.

Description of Work
I called Franco and made an appointment a week in advance for him to give me an estimate on adding tile or stone to my brick fireplace façade. He came out as scheduled, and we spent over half an hour discussing options. He said he would email me a quote. I never received an emailed quote, nor a call back, or any further communication and it has been 10 days. Huh ??? If you didn't want to do the job, you could have just said so. Very unprofessional to just drop the ball and not even respond.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, fireplaces

Hi [Member name removed], I'm sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately I have been sick all week. Is very little I can do from a hospital bed, but if you still need a price I'll be happy to do it. Please let me know Franco

10/24/2015

Len B.

Franco was a great guy to work with. Did good work and cleaned up after. Price was very fair. He does quality work, and he is busy, it may take a few days to get scheduled.

Description of Work
Removed old Laundry Room Cabinet, installed under counter lights.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

09/30/2015

Myriam V.

Franco did a great job installing a backsplash in our kitchen. He made some useful suggestions about the look we wanted to achieve. The project involved first getting rid of a row of tiles at the base of the countertop and took longer than I had anticipated. Franco protected the floors and all surfaces before starting to work and cleaned up completely after he finished. His work was thorough and professional. He worked non-stop for two days and even made a couple of trips to Lowes to pick up some additional materials. Hiring Franco is a good idea for specific projects since he doesn't charge by the hour but by the job.

Description of Work
Installed kitchen backsplash.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, remodeling