Big Boys Moving LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since November 2012

We are full service moving, loading, unloading, packing & unpacking company and will arrange your furniture in your home or storage unit. We have all tools to get the job done, big or small! DBA: Moving Help ....

Handy House Cleaning

Get-R-Done Moving

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

JFK Moving

We offer quality and affordable moving services. Give us a call for your free estimate.

09/16/2015

I did a lot of pricing around and movers who don't supply the truck are much cheaper. So, I rented a 24 ft truck and reserved 2 movers for a local move. They arrived 15 minutes late (but were considerate of that when billing for their time). The truck had a lift (not a ramp) which slowed them down a little on the load in (*if you rent a truck, try to get one with a ramp). For the unload, they brought in a third worker to help- at no additional cost, which was thoughtful and definitely saved me money on their hourly rate. Some items got a little bruised and broken, but I can't say if it is the fault of the movers, or if it happened prior.

Description of Work
I needed to have furniture and boxes moved from a loaded storage unit, into a house.

10/13/2014

With the PODS unpacked and the out of state move complete, we know for sure that hiring Big Boys Moving, LLC from New Orleans was a great choice. From the beginning Chuck (the owner) provided us with all the information we needed from the guys who would be working our job to the advice on supplies and items needed to protect our belongings. On the moving date Dennis and Chris arrived on time and worked for 5 ½ hours focused and intent on completing the job on time. With their experience and precision they carefully packed 2 -16 foot PODS with all of our belongings. With their portion of our move complete and out of their hands our PODS were carried off on their adventure to a new state and storage until a new place was located. I was impressed by their work and hopeful that our belongings had been packed correctly in order for them to arrive safe and undamaged. 2 months later we had the PODS delivered to our new home and opened the doors to find that very little shifting and movement had taken place and after having the PODS professionally unloaded we are please to say that Big Boys Moving did an A+++ job for us. We would highly recommend using Big Boys Moving. diane S

Description of Work
Packed 2 16 foot PODS for our out of state move.

06/12/2014

They were awesome! Hard-working, friendly, polite, never complained - even when they had to figure out how to get an awkward treadmill out!

Description of Work
They loaded the contents of our house into 2 large PODS.

Category house cleaning

05/06/2014

2 Men understood what needed to be done, stayed focused and worked well together. Vendor showed up promptly and made arrangements to add an extra hour to help wit chair assembly

Description of Work
Unloaded Chairs off truck, unboxed, and partially assembled

05/01/2014

Move went smooth and quick. They were very flexible and understanding when my closing date was delayed by 5 days and were completely accommodating.

Description of Work
In town move.

04/13/2014

I called Chuck about 2 weeks before the move to get a quote for moving boxes and furniture out of a 3 bedroom house and into 2 different locations, both of which were homes. Chuck was very professional and easy to talk to. He was never difficult to deal with or tried to sell me other services like some other moving companies around New Orleans. Big Boys Moving LLC was by far the most affordable quote I received. The team arrived 10 minutes early and got right to work, because there was rain in the forecast for that day. The entire move went smooth, from start to finish. I helped the guys with boxes, but no furniture. The moving team were polite and professional. The customer service was excellent. The guys filled an entire 26 ft U-Haul truck and even were agreeable to taking extra boxes in the back of their truck so we would not have to make another trip. I would recommend Big Boys Moving LLC to anyone and would use them again in a heartbeat. Thank you Chuck and team for being so accommodating and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Chuck and his team loaded furniture and boxes from a 3 bedroom house and unloaded all of it at 2 different locations, both of which were residential homes.

02/23/2014

I had another commitment scheduled to help me unload and they cancelled on me. Having been hearing about Anige's list and moving to New Orleans, I decided to join and search for help. Big Boys took my call at 8:00p.m. on a Thursday night and scheduled me in to the following afternoon. GREAT! THANKS! Chuck did tell me he had his crews already scheduled and thought he would be able to get to me in the afternoon. I was OK with that. As the day went on his guys were running behind and could not get to me until the late afternoon. We were in contact over the phone and knew it may not happen for me. Chuck was very professional and polite about the situation. Thanks Chuck and I appreciate your timeliness on the phone calls. I WOULD RECOMMEND CHUCK ever though I did not officially use them! ~Alfred

Description of Work
scheduled and planned help with an unloading of a usual truck.

09/04/2013

Arrived a little early but we were ready for them. Move went very smoothly and quite quickly and we were moved in by late afternoon. They didn'tmind doing anything we asked them to do. As we moved into a 2-story house a couple of pieces were difficult to get upstairs but they persevered and the furniture arrived upstairs unscathed. Overall, impressed with them and would recommend to others.

Description of Work
Moved from New Orleans to Mandeville.

08/12/2013

The two young men were punctual and hardworking. We should have requested more help, as we ended up having to load a lot of items also. The job went well into overtime for the two guys and I found out toward the end that one of the boys was missing football practice. His professionalism was great as he didn't make an issue of it. We still felt bad that our job made him miss practice, so we let them go without fully completing the load. There were only a few more things that we had to load the next morning.

Description of Work
They helped us load a moving truck.

Category house cleaning,moving companies

05/26/2013

Aaron and Joe arrived on time looking very professional with their "Big Boy Movers" t-shirts and clean clothes. They were Incredibly polite, friendly and diligent. These young men worked very, very hard with smiles (mostly) on their faces. Aaron originally gave me a quote with very clear and concise details, told me what I needed to get (extra blankets and ropes) and actually drove the truck. The bill was exactly what he had told me including the add on for extra hours worked. They were patient with the directions that I gave them regarding where to put boxes, furniture, etc. and very patient with the reassembling of a very challenging platform bed. The truck with a steadiness and care for the each item taken out; and they were very friendly, approachable and kind. Aaron and Joe made the move much easier for us. I did not have to round up friends or family and would highly recommend these guys any day, any time. They easily deserved what they charged and I showed my appreciation for the quality of their workmanship with a nice tip for each of them.

Description of Work
Big Boys did fabulous. Aaron on of the owners and Joe his helper moved us from Lacombe, Louisiana to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. We rented a 21 foot truck. They packed it, disassembled a king size bed, drove the truck and unloaded the truck and reassembled the bed.

Category house cleaning,moving companies

Moving. Storage. Furniture arrangement.