Green Thumb International

Founded 1946 • With Angi since June 2010

1899 S Victoria Ave

Ventura, CA 93003

All your Plant, Garden,Hardware,Plumbing,Paint Store in one. 50 employees. May use subs. Charge by job. We have a lot of coupons and offer a club card discount. Offers a military discount. We are privately owned. Our strong point is customer service....

12/18/2014

Walter J.

03/20/2014

Geoffrey A.

I have shopped here since 1981. In the beginning, it was properly staffed with very helpful staff. About 1998 they cut their staff to the bare minimum. It is virtually impossible to get help. Worst is the inability to get any garden advice. You're on your own. I do not like shopping here, because their selection in the store is poor. They are very expensive and are at least 20% more than the big box stores. However, their plants are better quality than bigger stores.

Description of Work
Nursery, garden tools, fertilizer and insecticides.

09/09/2013

Colleen F.

I told him what I needed to do and he recommended an evergreen bush.

Description of Work
One of the workers in the garden department helped me decide which plants would work best for me.

05/28/2013

Cynthia P.

Not enough staff and what there was did not ask if they could help. Cashier was very polite and friendly. They have a good supply of plants, garden tools, outside furniture.

Description of Work
I got what I required.

02/07/2013

Rich R.

They are a pretty big nursery in their area and have a fairly large selection of not only plants and trees but they have been fairly informative; that is good thing. They also have fountains and garden accessories like trellises, garden design features, fertilizers and pesticides. They are very user friendly and give more professional information than at some of the big box stores. Their prices are pretty much on line with the larger chain stores.

Description of Work
I used Green Thumb International for nurseries and gardening materials and supplies.

08/02/2012

William C.

It is a nursery. We used them because we knew they did the type of repair we needed and we have used them in the past. They are knowledgeable, nice and they were quick. There is nothing I don't like about them. I don't recommend somebody unless I really recommend them. It was $10 to sharpen the blade.

Description of Work
Green Thumb International sharpened blades and repaired my lawn mower.

Category lawn mower repair

07/23/2012

Martha M T.

They have excellent customer service. They have a good variety of high quality healthy plants as well as all of the supplies and tools needed. They are extremely knowledgable and can help you with enhancing your garden.

Description of Work
I visited Green Thumb to purchase some insecticide, veggie starters, and to get some advice about some problem plants.

07/23/2012

Sid M.

I like going to them. It is very relaxing to shop there. They have everything that I want. The people there are very knowledgeable about whatever I ask them about. They even have electrical garden equipment with other hardware. There is somebody always there to help me with what to buy. They are pretty easy to find everything.

Description of Work
I use Green Thumb International for gardening equipment.

07/10/2012

Mary E.

Even with the big box stores around here their parking lot is still full. They do all kinds of beautiful Christmas things, water falls, garden things, great big pots, cute inexpensive whimsical things, trees, fruits and vegetables in season roses, etc. It's beautiful to just take a walk around there to see what you can find. It's not a huge place, either. Most of the plants are outside, they have plants and tools. It's just full of stuff. The only thing wrong with them is they are a little high on the prices but you can usually find what you want there. They are busy most of the time so I just expect that. It's easy to find a sales person if you need them.

Description of Work
I go to Green Thumb and was last there for some screen door stuff.

Category picture framing, greenhouses, home improvement stores

06/04/2012

Ida M.

They are very helpful with plants. They are a local company. They are very reasonable and the plants they sell are very good.

Description of Work
I go Green Thumb Intl Inc to get plants for my garden.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Framing, Greenhouses/Nurseries, Hardware & Home Improvement Stores, Lawn Mower & Power Tool Repair