Valley Carpet One

Founded 1973 • With Angi since August 2008

During this unprecedented time, we are here to help you with your flooring projects as best we can within the LA County Public Health Order Guidelines. Our showroom is currently open as we do provide essential infrastructure services. We are taking many health precautions to insure the safety of our employees and customers. You can reach us at 818-780-4044 or 818-539-7703. You may also email us at marty@valleycarpetone.com. As always, thank you for your patronage over our nearly 50 years serving the flooring needs in the San Fernando Valley, and we hope we can continue to be of service. Be Safe... Stay Healthy! Family-owned & Locally-operated since 1973. First "Carpet One" store in the San Fernando Valley, and a member since 1990. Licensed and bonded. CSLB #432146....

carpet installation (105)flooring (82)hardwood floors (25)tile installation (13)floor cleaning (4)

08/19/2022

Hyde S.

Excellent as always. Third time I've used them and referred them to a friend and they did a great job!

Description of Work
Installed floors in my home

Work Completed On 08/18/2022

08/21/2021

Suzanna K.

The workers were on time, courteous and very neat. They cleaned up and left everything pristine. Carpet One was professional and caring. They came to the house, measured and advised. Wonderful personal service.

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

07/02/2021

beryl A.

very well. Samantha was very knowledgable and helpful in selecting patterns for all 3 rooms; offered to let me take home sample to see how the chosen patterns would work. overall, very satisfied w/ the results.

Description of Work
replace kitchen floor; replace 2 bathroom floors

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

05/05/2021

Dan R.

I can't say enough good things about this company. Everyone was truly a delight to work with and always very professional and very responsive. Tyler came out to our house to show us our choices and then made good on his promise to send us additional samples, which arrived very quickly. I was very impressed with him going the extra mile and working with us to find the best carpet for our budget. Tyler also answered all of our questions in a very timely manner and was there every step of the way to make sure the installation went smoothly. The installers were amazing; they took a lot of care in moving all of our items out of and back into each room and worked at an incredibly quick pace. Awesome company and awesome people. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
New carpeting throughout the house (four bedrooms, approx. 2500 sq. ft.)

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

03/20/2021

Janet M.

With the help of Samantha, I ended up choosing the most amazing wood flooring, Engineered Select & Better Yellow Birch Natural by Lauzon. It is gorgeous & I couldn’t be happier!! I love it better than the floors that I needed to replace. Samantha has amazing patience & was so helpful in my choosing the right flooring..Marty, owner of Valley Carpet One, only puts out excellent work. His team is friendly & competent. They know how to do an excellent job! Everyone was very professional.... Marty put my Mom’s flooring in many years ago & he also put in my first wood flooring in 2015. Both jobs were excellent in every way....

Description of Work
I needed my wood flooring replaced due to a slab water leak which damaged it.

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

Review for Valley Carpet One - 5836 Sepulveda Blvd, Van Nuys, CA - 39258744

Hi [Member Name Removed]... thanks for your kind words. I hope you and your family are well. Mixed feelings: we were sorry to hear of your flooring damage due to the water leak, but happy you chose Valley Carpet One to provide you with another beautiful floor that you can enjoy for many years. I will make sure to share your comments with Samantha and the Installers... thanks again! Marty

03/19/2021

Lori S.

Good quality carpet at a reasonable price. Kory made everything easy and efficient. Carpet layers were on time and professional.

Description of Work
Carpet replacement

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed]... thanks for sharing your experience with [Member Information Removed] Carpet One to the other existing (and potential) Angie's List Members! I hope you and your family are well. I will be certain to let Kory and the installation crew know of your kind words. Please let us know if we can be of service on a future flooring project for you, your family, and friends... thanks again! Marty

03/13/2021

Avi E.

Clean, professional job. Looks great!

Description of Work
Carpet Repair Work

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]... thanks for your positive review. We appreciate your using Angie's List to find us... please let us know if we can be of service on a future flooring project... thanks again! [Member Name Removed]

02/22/2021

Neal N.

We replaced the carpet and put tile in the kitchen and bathrooms in our condominium. The colors, style, and quality that we picked out are just right (thanks Tyler for your spot on opinions). The two crews that worked on the project were great. They often don’t get mentioned by name, but they will here. Thank you Mauricio and Josh for the beautiful tile work and thank you Aurelio, Alex, and Sergio for the job you did laying down the carpet. Go with Valley Carpet One!

Description of Work
Putting in new tile and carpet in a condominium

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/21/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed]... I hope you and your family are well. Thank you for your kind words. As a valued customer for 3+ years, the opportunity to provide our services to you again is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to share your message with Tyler, and yes acknowledging the installers is often overlooked for the skilled work that they provide. I will be sure to let them know as well... thanks again! Marty

01/28/2021

james B.

Had a great experience with Kory and the installers at Valley Carpet One. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Runner for stairs

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

11/18/2020

Kellie H.

Amazing! Joshua helped me decide on my vinyl and carpet choices! The installations where all very quick and easy! Everyone was beyond professional and if I ever had a question I always got a prompt response!

Description of Work
Carpeting and vinyl flooring installed

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed]... thanks for sharing your Valley Carpet One experience with the Angie's List Membership. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to provide your new floorings, and hope you have many years of enjoyment. I'll let Joshua and the installers know of your kind words. Stay Safe and let us know if we can be of service in the future... Regards, Marty

10/22/2020

karen J.

At the end everyone was very kind. Carpet looks really good.

Description of Work
Carpet was purchased and installed

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

08/19/2020

Frank T.

Very well. very responsive and on-time

Description of Work
Carpet Repair Work

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

08/18/2020

Jim M.

The whole experience was great. Our options were presented clearly, the price was fair, and the installation was much quicker than we expected!

Description of Work
Carpet installation on our staircase

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

06/06/2020

D B.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT service & Installation. From the start, with CARPET sales rep: Tyler- professional and ‘awesome customer service. His carpet installers, JIM& RALPH were professional, efficient, +skillful, their yrs of experience showed in their superior work. Great team!! The TILE rep, Josh, great customer service as well & his installers, BENJAMIN & ROY were quick and skillful also. I would definitely use Valley Carpet & Tile again! Both Tyler & Josh returned calls quickly and I’m just so happy w/ the service they provided. Fantastic selection @ the showroom and everyone there is what customer service is all about!

Description of Work
Carpet & Tile Installation

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

05/31/2020

Eddie C.

Professional and great customer service

Description of Work
Re carpet the entire house

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

01/13/2020

Todd M.

Excellent. Fair price, superb service, well-done job

Description of Work
replacing carpet for an Airbnb

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

12/14/2019

Terrel R.

I needed to install carpeting in my second floor condo to deaden noise to my downstairs neighbor. I know nothing about carpet, so I researched a bit and heard good things about Valley Carpet One. They were true!! The service, knowledge, and installation were excellent and I am very happy with the final results and the new look of my place.

Description of Work
carpet installed

Work Completed On 12/14/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]... thanks so much for your positive review. Samantha, myself, and the carpet installers appreciate the opportunity to help you with your carpet replacement. We hope you have many years of enjoyment and let us know if we can be of service on a future flooring project... thanks again and Happy Holidays! Marty

07/22/2019

Matthew K.

Well, they showed up to measure, it's been over a week and a half and I still don't have their quote, so it didn't go very well. Very disappointed in their customer service, obviously.

Description of Work
Install hardwood floors and stairs in living room

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]... Thank you for finding us on Angie's List! First let me apologize for the delay in getting back to you re: your hardwood flooring inquiry with Kory. Since meeting with you, he has been researching the two products to be able to provide you with a quote, however we were not getting timely responses from the supplier of those products. That said, and not to make any excuses, he most certainly should have been communicating with you as to the status of the situation. He will contact you and have a proposal by the end of the day as we owe that to you. We hope you will consider us as an option for your new flooring purchase, but do understand that the lack of better communication initially was not acceptable... thanks again! Marty

01/15/2019

John A D.

great job carefully and completely done. these guys are very good. I used them twice and was very happy with the results both times.

Description of Work
carpet cleaning and tile floor cleaning

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

Andrew B.

They weren't the first company I visited, they were the 3rd. But once I talked to them and went over my needs and the process, it was clear they were the right choice. Everything was handled really well. From working with Tyler to find the right carpet that fit my style and needing to find a solution that wasn't going to break the bank, to scheduling that fit my schedule, and installation, it was a great experience. The carpet had a manufacturer warranty but also had a substantial installation warranty from Valley Carpet One. I've been able to see that they really stand behind their work and worked to make sure I was satisfied and if any additional help is needed down the line they are there to help. The installers really know what they are doing- I was surprised to see that level of detail and quality (I knew nothing about carpet installation before this). About carpet selection- I really wanted to avoid the dreaded dull beige we all know so well, or something that felt too ornate. They had a lot of choices for different tastes and budgets, I found something that felt modern, sophisticated and understated- I couldn't be happier with my selection.

Description of Work
re-carpet 3 bedrooms and connecting hallways

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

Edward O.

These people are absolutely top-notch in every way. The customer service was unparalleled, the scheduling of work was very flexible, the workmanship was of high quality, and the overall experience was terrific. I highly recommend them and would use them for future projects. Our salesman was Tyler Zimmer. Everyone should be fortunate enough to work with him. He is very professional, accessible, collaborative, and a true joy to work with. All of the staff are very polite and courteous. I wish I had more projects for them!

Description of Work
Carpeting & Wood Flooring

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

Tanna B.

Great! They have a large selection of carpet, the staff is helpful and informed and there is a wide variety for every budget. Everything went well from ordering to installation for both jobs. I was able to find nice, budget-friendly, durable carpet for the rental and the tenants were very happy. I have always wanted luxurious, pink carpet in my master bedroom and they had exactly what I was looking for. I am beyond thrilled and I absolutely love it! Photo attached. I will definitely go to Valley Carpet One for all of my future carpet and flooring needs!.

Description of Work
New carpet for a bedroom in a rental property and also new carpet for my master bedroom

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

10/22/2018

Alexander A.

The job went very well. The sales rep was honest and pragmatic, the installers efficient and polite.

Description of Work
Carpeting of three bedrooms and a hallway