Shor Construction

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2011

3.8

16022 Arminta Street. Unit 2

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Family owned and operated, Shor Construction is the perfect balance between quality and affordability. Our team can take you through all aspects of your construction needs, whether it be blue prints, permits, design and construction. On site project management and strict supervision is what sets us apart from the competition. Contacting us means no more endless sales conversations but actually talking construction with true industry pros....

03/30/2018

Meredith C.

not good. Contractor did not show on time first day. left driveway covered in debris. no grading was done. Itemized quote did not match work performed. Paid the company to get them off my property and I hired someone else for less money to finish the work. Quote was to remove 6-8 inches of dirt, they took 1-2 inches. at the lowest part of the yard original plants are still standing.

Description of Work
grading of backyard and removal of existing dead grass

Category landscaping, remodeling, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, structural engineer, home remodeling, hardscaping

05/08/2017

Peter D.

From the time the rep came over, took measurements and negotiated the price, and through the renovation, the processes were smooth. Anytime we needed to contact the project manager, he was available and responded without any hesitation. Now we are done with the kitchen, we will start on the bathroom.

Description of Work
We have hired Shor to remodel our kitchen.

04/05/2017

Lana L.

everything went great, very professional

Description of Work
Remodeling of kitchen and bathroom. New bath tub and hot tub installation

04/04/2017

Nathan H.

Shor Construction is a construction company that uses third parties to generate sales leads according to its owner. However, at least one of those companies uses autodialers and violates the "Do not Call list" to generate telemarketing leads. Shor Construction claims that they have no idea who generated sales the leads and can't identify from whom they get their leads. I find that hard to believe. While their work might be great, I can't do business with a company that uses sleazy telemarketers to generate business and protect those sleazy telemarketing agencies, or worse then can't even keep track who generates the leads. If they can't keep track of who is generating their business how can they keep track of a construction job?

03/24/2017

Laine M.

What a disaster. I hired Shor to repair a leaking above-the-garage patio. They replaced the previous patio surface - which had worked well for over a decade at least - with a new version of the same surface. It rained a couple days later & instead of damp wood in the garage ceiling, water was dripping rapidly down on the cardboard boxes stored there. I called immediately. They dragged their feet about getting out even to look at it again. FINALLY they showed up - weeks later - & the guy who DID the install said it was an impossible job! Huh? First, it worked just fine for over a decade, & second, who takes on an job they think is impossible? Without mentioning it until he's (unsuccessfully) done it? Long story short, after MANY days - weeks of trying, I finally got hold of someone who seemed somewhat in charge, named Ron. First, he told me the surface his company installed was the wrong one for that application. Again - it worked for years, previously, and again - why did the company do it if they knew it was the wrong thing to do? I pointed out the many ways in which dealing with Shor had obliterated my confidence in the company. Ron eventually said he would send one of his people ("Peeny") with paperwork for me to sign, and a refund. He never showed up, & Ron stopped returning my calls. My lawyer is on it, we've sent them paperwork, but at this point it appears they are doing their best to hide - USPS sent back our first attempt at mailing them. [If you have any contact info for them that you think I might not have, I would love to hear from you.] I guess if I was planning on taking money & running, then sure, I would "do" jobs I thought were impossible - & dash with the money. My recommendation is to avoid this company at all costs.

Description of Work
Repair leak in above-garage patio floor.

Category flooring contractor, roofing

12/03/2016

Ben H.

Quick and efficient.

Description of Work
We had a home addition and complete remodel to existing.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/03/2014

Mark G.

The original estimate was about $20,000 less than the actual cost because they "didn't understand" that we wanted all the walls finished, among other things. The contract was worded vaguely enough that we had no recourse.

Description of Work
Remodeled my garage. Installed new furnace and moved ducts and installed hot water heater.

Category home remodeling

Dear [Member Name Removed], We're sorry about the experience you had with our company. We pulled up your file and it seems as though the price quoted was in fact the price of the final contract. There was one change order for some additional work you requested but this is the first we are hearing of any issue. There may have been a mis-communication regarding the drywall work in the garage since most people just don't close up walls in that part of the house but since reading your review, we have made it a point to notify customers of the excluded items as part of their contract with our company. We have tried reaching you several times to discuss this but the number we have on your contract is now disconnected. If there is any room to talk and make some sense of what happened please feel free to call us anytime. Hope you and the family are doing well.

11/15/2013

Maria A.

Very bad service, agreed upon terms were not followed/did not abide contract, unethical/unprofessional business tactics. Only returned calls when a payment was due. Empty sale person promises prior to contract and later forgot the customer service part. Very dissatisfied with overall experience.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

04/25/2012

Alan H.

My experience went well. I was happy with it.

Description of Work
They tinted my house from termites.

Category concrete repair

07/28/2011

Mary L.

We won't be using them because we changed our minds on what we were going to do in the kitchen. My sister owns the house and we decided we wanted to go a different way so it is not going to happen with them. They got us the estimate but we didn't have any experience with them. They were responsive.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Shor Construction for a remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/04/2011

Sally N.

See above.

Description of Work
I had tile put in the kitchen, where there had been laminate hardwood before. Roye gave me a fair estimate, but I didn't squabble because I wanted it to be done right. Due to my living in a condo and the HOA does not currently exist, there was a bit of a delay, 3 weeks. I was charged an additional fee due to liability insurance and need for the management project supervisor to come in to inspect different phases of the work. I thought $475 was a bit excessive especially since the project supervisor was always available and at the premises during installation. I actually met the project supervisor on one of the inspections. They were able to complete the work in 2 1/2 days as opposed to the 4 days, originally estimated. It is beautiful. Roye is very professional, returned all calls in a timely manner, addressed all of my concerns and he seemed to want to make sure the work was to my satisfaction. As I said earlier, the price was a bit on the high side, but I am satisfied. Oh, when I questioned Roye about the additional charges, he made it sound as if he was doing me a favor, which I didn't appreciate. It was a small job and he did not hesitate to let me know that his company ordinarily work on million dollar projects. Other than that bit of nastiness, I am pretty satisfied.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

Dear member, I would like to use this platform as an opportunity to a address the issues you mentioned throughout your report, and hopefully change your perception regarding the price you paid. What led to the price increase was the non existence of an HOA, which created a very complicated situation on our side of commencing construction. This led to the increase of our liability insurance. I think it's also fair to mention that you were approached with this increase prior to us conducting any physical work, and you had every right to back out of your contract with no penalty whatsoever. Additionally, as a result of the ongoing back and forth between yourself, the building developer and our company, the project was delayed by approximately three weeks. None of the parties involved could have foreseen this. Sally, we did everything we could to keep you satisfied throughout this entire process, and only mentioned our bigger projects as a way to make you feel more comfortable about us and our capability as a company. Even as a project manager, I had the company credit you for the unused materials, usually unheard of in this industry. It really was a pleasure meeting you, and for what it's worth, I do apologize for you feeling this way, I just wish I would have known about your frustration during the process itself. I do hope you consider us for future projects. Best regards, Roye.

03/28/2011

Lydia Y.

Overall experience was good. The end result of the remodel was exactly what we had asked for. Began the process looking at several different construction companies and found that Shor was not the lowest or highest estimate, but felt confident that the overall quality and dependability of work would be worth the cost. Our project manager was always available to address concerns. Best options were made available for each step of purchasing, planning, installation, and progress. Completion was a bit past the estimated date, but that seems to be normal for these type of projects. Would definitely recommmend Shor Construction for your home remodel.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel with custom vanities and tile work, hardwood flooring and carpet installation, paint in all rooms, and resurfacing of ceiling.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

03/28/2011

Avi H.

We were very pleased with the management, typically with Roy. They are a family-oriented business which we liked. Any questions or concerns, they helped us with. They gave several tips and were very helpful with design, materials and what were best with the project. All in all, we were very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
They re-built from scratch our home in Woodland Hills. We also added an addition. (Kitchen, flooring, concrete work, plumbing, electrical, bathrooms, everything in regards to design, etc).

Category concrete repair

03/23/2011

Kenneth L.

It was excellent. I got three different bids and they were not the lowest or highest. Their customer service was excellent from the follow up to the input. They delivered exactly and more of what they initially set out to do. Usually most times you have negative experiences with this type of project, but this was only positives. The project manager through the workers to the administrators were always helpful and accommodating schedules. They were very respectful of us as homeowners with not trying to muscle their way for what was better with them. Never had an issue of trusting them with the quote. They actually finished earlier than what was initially quoted. They also have great relationships with the suppliers that got us tiles, hardware at lesser costs than what I could have found it for. I think just overall they are very accommodating. The project was about 4 months. Initially the project started as a room addition, then we ended up doing additional works. It ended up being a 500 sq. foot room addition, new flooring, new windowns, new location of some of the original house, new electrical, roofing. Installation of central air and heat system. As well as some exterior remodeling. I would definitely highly recommend them for any project.

Description of Work
Pretty much a total remodel of our home as well as an addition.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, home remodeling

03/22/2011

CRAIG F.

Shor Construction were referred to us by some friends who used them for some very extensive work on their home. We met with their Project Manager Roye, who helped with planning the project and was on the job site daily when the project started. He also helped with the design. Shor Construction including Roye and his crew were always on time, courteous, clean and all around responsible. There is always someone to talk no matter when you call and we stayed on budget except for some items we added mid project. We are still in touch with Shor Construction for any additional things we need completed throughout our home

Description of Work
The work performed on our home was: a brand new Kitchen including knocking down a load bearing wall which consisted of new foundation and framing. We got new custom cabinets, Granite counter tops and everything in between.We also updated our Master Bathroom, Roof, Ducting, Flooring, Insulation, Gutters and other cosmetic details. We insulated the entire house attic and put on a new roof. Existing water heaters were removed and replaced by a tankless water heater. Laundry facilities were moved from outside to the garage and a custom storage unit was built to our specifications.

03/16/2011

Helen P.

They are just fabulous! They were very clean, efficient and responsible. They're very responsive and were always available by phone. They are just honest, nice people. They stuck to estimate and if it looked like something was going to exceed the quoted price the informed me immediately.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my kitchen, added an extension to living room, changed all cabinetry & plumbing in 3 bathrooms, refinished all hardwood floors, changed structural configuration of rooms, added on laundry room, installed marble flooring in all 3 baths, installed central air.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, structural engineer, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

A Team Plumbing Services Inc

Plumbing company founded in 2017 with technicians who have been in plumbing for more than 20 years. We cover any plumbing issues that deal with water, gas, and sewer. Our goal is to help you with any and all plumbing issues you may be having. We are available 7 days a week for your convenience.

Vision Home Remodeling Inc

Vision Home Remodeling is high-level design-build company, committed to serving our customers with the highest quality of work. We have a project minimum of $15,000.00 and do not provide any types of repair or handyman services. We are an extremely experienced team in development, new construction, and remodeling services for LA County, specializing in complete bathroom and kitchen remodels. We are fully licensed, insured and bonded to perform all construction work in the state of California, License #1059278. Our triumph to success comes from a team of highly skilled and a devoted group of project designers, project managers and builders with over 18 years of combined remodeling experience. Please feel free to contact our experienced team that will assist with any questions... It would be a pleasure to make your V I S I O N come to life!

Adar Garage Doors and Gates

We specialize in garage motor repair, installing garage motor, gate intercom, gate repair/welding, intercom service, intercom installation, access control and much more.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Bathroom, kitchens, single story additions, 2 story additions, major remodels and renovations, demolition, electricity, plumbing, framing, foundation, insulation, drywall, patching, skim coating, painting, roofing, rain gutters, tile work, flooring, architectural plans, structural plans, permitting services