Romano Builders Inc.

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2012

6308 Woodman Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91401

Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Members of Better Business Bureau (BBB), National Association of Remodeling Industry (NARI). Professional and experienced staff keep you involved and informed in all major decisions and see to your satisfaction from start to finish. Free consultation with our
Complete Home Remodel + ADU project
Complete Home Remodel + ADU

home remodeling

202091604

04/13/2017

Sandra S.

Everything went as planned. A special thanks to Alfie for coordinating the various areas of the remodeling and for being patient with me in choosing the vanity countertop, faucet and mirror. All work was done within the time promised and workers kept their work areas clean..

Description of Work
Remodeled bath room powder room area: New vanity, quartz countertop, sink. Installed mirror, faucet & lighting. Painted bathroom and powder room walls. Caulked bathtub and m/b shower area.

Category lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

12/20/2016

Howard C.

Better than expected. I had no issues with the quality of materials or work.

Description of Work
Handicap ramp

Category decks, woodworking

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much! it was a pleasure providing you our Services. Happy New Year! Romano Builders Team

08/02/2016

David B.

Romano Builders replaced our 20-year-old deck with a new one that is exactly what we wanted. Eli, the owner, is very responsive, and he personally visited the site several times during the work. He uses high-quality materials and his crew members are accomplished craftsmen. In fact they didn't even disturb the plants that extend around the deck. We would definitely use Romano Builders again, and we recommend them to anyone interested in this kind of work.

Description of Work
Completely rebuilt backyard deck.

Category decks, remodeling

Dear Mrs. & Mr. [Removed members name], it was a pleasure meeting a wonderful customers like you! you are amazing and thank you for your feedback Enjoy your new Deck and wishing you all the best. Lori & Eli Romano Builders Inc.

07/30/2016

LESTER T.

Romano Builders repaired a deck that extends over a hillside. It was a tricky area to work in. After the work was begun, it was discovered that a more extensive job would be required, as most of the support word had rotted and this was not visible at the time of the initial estimate. An additional charge was incurred for the work and the price was reasonable based on the amount of work and labor required. Eli's crew worked speedily and professionally. Eli came up with several innovative solutions to some problems caused by the deck being over the hillside. He personally came at least twice a day to check on the work. He was very particular that the work be done to his satisfaction. He really treated the job like it was being done on his own property. There were little things that we never would have noticed, but he had the crew re-work some things until they were perfect in his eyes. I had complete confidence in his suggestions and supervision. He would make sure we were satisfied with the work at every stage.The crew worked hard all day and were quiet and efficient. Eli displayed design and engineering skills way beyond what I expected from a contractor. I would not hesitate to use Eli and Romano Builders Inc. in the future.

Description of Work
Deck Repair

Category decks

Dear [Removed members name], It was a great pleasure meeting with you and perform the project for you! your Deck is Amazing Thank you for your feedback, enjoy it. wishing you all the best Warm regards Eli & Lori Romano

02/18/2016

Genevieve L.

Thankfully I did not purchase the Angie's List deal prior to having a contractor from Romano come out. Despite their advertisement and confirmation of their advertisement via phone with Lori, the contractor who came to my house refused to honor the deal referring to it as a mistake. Instead, he quoted me over three times the amount of money to complete the job of their deal. Will be using a competitor instead who honors their deal, and is nearly $2,000 cheaper than Romano's quote. ** Update based upon Romano's response: False information, Romano Builders, but nice try. I told your contractor that I has absolutely no problem pulling permits if he honored the deal that you guys had advertised. Your contractor refused to do so. Instead, he told me that he would install the patio cover for $3,600 including the "drawing fee", but I would have to pay all applicable city fees. That did not honor your advertised deal. Your response to my review shows how you run your business, instead of a simple apology - you attempt to blame the consumer. Buyer beware.

Description of Work
The provider did not perform services. This review is based upon a deal offered, a phone conversation, and an in-person quote given.

Category remodeling

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our consultation did not meet your expectations. Romano Builders is a Licensed Contractor that performing Construction and Remodeling by City codes and Permits which reflects pricing. You requested to perform a project WITHOUT a permit and WITHOUT City approval. Romano Builders committed to comply every deal that is offered by us by following City codes, Permit and City Approval. You are welcome to call us back to provide a satisfactory solution. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this from occurring again in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming even better at what we do!

01/02/2016

Shari S.

Very well. I oversaw the cosmetic details but this company did an excellent job of meeting my needs and desires.

Description of Work
I had my deck rebuilt - framing reinforced, deck replaced w/solid Atek (plastic) planks which replaced wood, and new siding w/hardi-board that was painted to my specs. _

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Dear (Removed members name), thank you so much for your kind words. Enjoy your wonderful and amazing Deck any moment of it. All the best, Lori

12/02/2015

Cade N.

I have a detached garage and I wanted to make it into a working studio space. I used Angies list to get about 6 quotes. I had as low as $14,000 and as high as $25,000. I was originally going to go with another contractor because I felt like they "got what I was trying to do" and had made suggestions of their own. Things like pull down ladder to the storage above, RJ45 (Ethernet / data) plugs, and small things like that. They were also in the middle of the pack of estimates. When I told HoLori that I may be going with someone else she made some adjustments and convinced me they were right for the job. I am very pleased with the work they were very communicative and non intrusive. Two things that made the experience pleasurable. They were also OK with some of my indecisiveness as some of the things I wanted done I had not thought all the way through. They were able to make suggestions and recommendations and I am very pleased with what I have now. They even made some custom shelves that have made me much more room to work with. My next projects will be my bathroom and guest room. I will be contacting them for quotes. I am very pleased with the work that I got from Romano Builders!

Description of Work
Interior garage renovation.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your kind words, and thank you for been Romano Builders Valued customer. We are here for you any time. All the Best, Romano Builders Team

08/06/2015

Cheri M.

I told the person on the phone I needed a brick patio repair after my renovation has been completed. She sent someone right away. He showed up and was so very arrogant and said i wasted his time. They don't do this repair work they do pergolas and decking! He was rude from the moment I met him. I phoned the woman I spoke with and told her I was writing this review. How dare someone come to my home and insult me.!!!

Description of Work
NOTHING....EVIDENTLY THEY ARE TOO GOOD FOR ME!!!

Category remodeling, patios

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our consultation did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address customer needs and provide the best Solution to all clients. Our attempts to contact you for resolving this issue have gone unreturned, and we welcome your call back to provide a satisfactory solution. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this from occurring again in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming even better at what we do! Our goal to keep our Customers 100% satisfied. Thank you, Romano Builders

05/23/2015

Avner C.

Romano Builders was very professional. They did every think they promised and we are very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Backyard deck, patio area and walkway.

Category decks, patios

05/20/2015

Frank S.

The project went well from estimate to completion. The workmanship was top notch. The crew was polite and on time and left the area clean and organized every day. The job was finished on time and within the budget. As with every project, there were tw minor issues that were taken care of in a timely manner. My friends and neighbors have all commented posite very on my deck. I am very happy with my deck. I highly recommend Romano Builders.

Description of Work
Deck and railing

Category decks, remodeling

04/27/2015

Yossi Z.

Price of the project was very fair. Romano Builders Inc. exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend this company for friends.

Description of Work
Eli the owner and his staff did an outstanding job for our new patio. I show him my design and ideas and Eli immediately made some changed to make the patio more spacious and beautiful. They completed the project earlier than expected and it looks absolutely spectacular!

Category concrete repair, patios

03/12/2015

Steve K.

The job went better then expected. You always expect a job to go with no hitches and this job went exactly perfect. Job started as agreed and completed 1 day ahead of schedule. Guys showed up on time and they did cleanup after each day of work. They provided a portable toilet for the guys. I'm happy with how things went.

Description of Work
Demo'd my existing deck and built a new deck.

03/06/2015

Robin M.

Wonderful, very professional, friendly, always punctual & present until the job was finished.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom. New shower, vanity, cabinets, toilet, tile, walls, flooring, medicine cabinet, and bench in shower.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

03/06/2015

Robin M.

Mr. Romano and his crew worked consistently and efficiently until the job was finished. He is very conscientious, reliable and has very reasonable rates.

Description of Work
Constructed BBQ island with granite surface, Installed vinyl fence. repaired concrete perimeter of patio.

Category decks

Thank you [name removed] !! Enjoy it :-)

10/21/2013

Laurie K.

Great job. showed up on time. thanks!

Description of Work
Painted walls, hung a light fixture.

Category lighting, remodeling, interior painters

THANK YOU !! Great pleasure to serve you, any time. RBI team

08/18/2013

Daniel G.

They did minor handiman/carpentry services to adjust a guesthouse door. They did an excellent job and accomplished what was needed. The fee was fair and the work was good. Thank you.

Description of Work

Category handyman service, remodeling, doors

08/15/2013

Alysse F.

I purchased the deal awhile ago but was only able to use it now. There was frequent follow up by the provider. All telephone contacts were pleasant and a change in schedule was flexibly accommodated. Workman arrived on time. I purchased 3 hours of work for $99 and agreed to pay $45 for each hour or part of hour that was more than 3 hours. He worked the total time and was diligent about his job. I have had painters who did not do adequate preparation, and the paint peeled after a year. I will be able to evaluate in a year how good a paint job was done. The provider also did an inspection and estimate for a larger job I needed done; however I chose to have the work done by someone else.

Description of Work
Repair and paint wood border around two car garage door.

Category remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Thank you so much for your review. we do appreciate your business. We are here for you any time !

07/29/2013

Lesley B.

Eli came to our house and after hearing our requirements, he immediately came up with verbal quote, from which we never had any deviation through to completion. Eli promptly took care of permits and within a few days of signing contracts, work began. In a day or so all the framing was in and rock board up. His work crews arrived daily and carried out their specific tasks and upon leaving for the day left the premises clean and tidy. When we went on vacation midway through the job, Eli stopped work so no one would be in our home while we were away to accommodate our worries over the security of our cats. The only criticism we have was that we had to handle the ordering of the vanity and tile. Eli wanted to make sure that we got what we wanted and he picked it up once it arrived at the store.. but it was a lot of time and follow up was required on our part. We would have liked to have had more of a advance warning as to when things needed to be purchased.This would have avoided a few days worth of delayed work. The work that was carried out was very good quality, and honestly the finished bathroom looks a lot more expensive than it really is. Romano's provided an excellent service and the overall experience was very good .We would happily recommend Romano Builders to others, & we will happily use them again should we have any other such projects in the future.

Description of Work
Partitioned family room in two, adding a new Bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

07/21/2013

Heike R.

Lori was very organized in scheduling the appointment and followed up appropriately for all aspects of the job. Armando showed up as scheduled and was very efficient in getting all the work done to my full satisfaction. I really liked how he was also considerate of my budget when making purchase decisions for the spare parts that were needed.

Description of Work
I purchased the coupon for 3 hours handyman services. Jobs included fixing sink drain, installing curtain rods and towel rack, fixing overhead lighting, and installing draft guard on garage door.

Category handyman service, remodeling

07/17/2013

Saundra K.

The handyman was very efficient and proficient. Everything he did was exactly what I needed. He was polite, cleaned up thoroughly and I would be glad to use him again when needed. He arrived later than scheduled, which was only mildly inconvenient. The Romanos are both easy to work with, cooperative and trying to make their customers happy.

Description of Work
Assorted small handyman jobs: fixing a screen door, installing some hooks on the patio, adjusting the faucets in one bathroom & resealing the grout in one shower.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, remodeling, patios

07/15/2013

Brian B.

The original scope of work I had for them ended up not being necessary. I found out from another provider that the work I described wasn't necessary at all. I had another job for them to do, but we were not able schedule the work. Laurie, the person I dealt with was friendly.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $99 for 3 Hours of Handyman Service.

Category handyman service

Dear [member name removed]. I apologize we were not able to process your request. you wanted us to do the job on a specific date (07.27.2013) which was Saturday and we are not working on Saturday's, as we are Jewish - Religious and office is closed. I suggested different dates but you didn’t accept my offers. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, Lori Romano

05/29/2013

glen O.

Although the job was not completed due to my cancelling, Lori at Romano's was extremely nice and caring and was very responsive to my concerns. I did not use them on this job because I cahnged my mind and it wasn't due at all to them. I would consider using them in the future for other work.

Description of Work
Was scheduled to install plywood panels to a patio.

Category remodeling, woodworking, patios

Thank you so much (deleted member name) for your review. i am here for you any time. all the best

03/16/2013

Limor C.

Mr. Eli Romano was on time, kept my house clean & all his workers were professional. I am very happy & will refer him to anyone!

Description of Work
Fully remodeled my kitchen & master bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Dear Member, it was a pleasure working with you, we are here for you! enjoy your New Kitchen and Bath!

12/25/2012

Shelly S.

Professional service from the start. Explained every step of process and was great with completing things on time. Would use again and definitely recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Wood floors installed, carpets installed, all walls painted, bonus room turned into a "1 bedroom suite."

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, interior painters

12/19/2012

Rachel E.

Eli Romano Builder owner was always on time. Perform experience, and was very professional. He comply all our requests and was very honest. Help us also on the design and purchase material.

Description of Work
Rebuild entire patio, including demo of floor, built fire pit, built BBQ area, and plumbing, gas line, electrical, and cement floor.

Category concrete repair, decks, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, gas leak repair, patios

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers Coupon

Value Up Renovation and Construction

Value up renovation and Construction is a family owned and operated with an experience of 15 years in construction specializing in pavers room additions and garage conversations we guarantee the best service for your money. We get the job done

Hye Turf Designs landscaping and kitchens

We Provide All Solutions under one roof! With nearly 17 years of experience serving customers in the valley, Hye Turf Designs, Inc., is the solution for all your LANDSCAPE and KITCHEN design needs. We take great pride in our professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service. We strive to develop a lasting relationships so that the next time service is needed, there will be no question on who to call. There is no project is to small or to big, all our designs DONE BY ME ((( HUTCH ))) Installations are done by true subcontractors under HYE TURF DESIGNS supervision, licensed and insured. Satisfaction guaranteed! I chose to work in this industry because I began my career working for several large companies, at which I realized the significant cost of landscaping and designing kitchens. Considering how expensive these were for homeowners, I decided to open up my own designing company to provide eco-friendly landscaping and kitchen design at a much lower price. I vowed to provide only the best customer service and care to keep my clients satisfied. We started in this industry in 2004. We describe our business as Rooted in the community. HOW DO YOU TREAT YOUR OWN CUSTOMERS? THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. WORKING WITH ALL THE RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION WORKING WITH LARGE COMMUNITIES ( H.O.A. ) WORKING WITH PET OWNERS AND KINDER GARDENS WORKING WITH SENIOR CITIZEN COMMUNITY

2022 Super Service Award

California
    California: Contractors
    09/30/2024

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Romano Builders Inc.

How is Romano Builders Inc. overall rated?

Romano Builders Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Romano Builders Inc. open?

Romano Builders Inc. is open:

Sunday: 9:00 AM - 4:30 AM

What payment options does Romano Builders Inc. provide

Romano Builders Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available, American Express

Does Romano Builders Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Romano Builders Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Romano Builders Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Romano Builders Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Romano Builders Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Romano Builders Inc. offers a 10% senior discount.

Does Romano Builders Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Romano Builders Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Romano Builders Inc.?

No, Romano Builders Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Romano Builders Inc. offer?

Romano Builders Inc. offers the following services: Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Room Addition, New Construction, Blue Prints, Design and 3D Design. Decks & Porches, Out Door Kitchen, Garage Conversion,