Preferred Roofing Co

Founded 1996 • With Angi since December 2004

For the past 30 years we have been providing quality roofing throughout Los Angeles County and Ventura County. Using our own employees (no sub-contractors) we have a commitment to quality work and affordable solutions to your roofing needs. “Customer Service is our #1 priority” For that reason, we are dedicated to quality service and deliver the very best skill and workmanship in the roofing industry for your roofing project. We will do everything possible to fulfill your roofing needs and earn your complete trust and satisfaction....

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

roofing (69)

07/10/2022

Jeff A.

Dealing with Preferred Roofing Company is a pleasure from start to finish. Owner David Paine, Erika in the office and the crew worked tirelessly to get our job completed. David helped us choose the right roof, get the installation done efficiently and all work is permit compliant and up to code. The crew was very professional, cleaned up after themselves and all involved kept us informed throughout the process keeping and up to date on any changes or developments. Nothing but good things to say and thrilled about the outcome. We love our new roof and that Preferred Roofing Company has given our house a new lease on life. We’ll recommend this company to friends and clients. J & K Allen

Description of Work
Remove old roof install entire new roof

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

11/17/2021

Brad K.

Contractor was punctual, worked well with solar contractor for a seemless and professional end product.

Description of Work
Installed Cool Roof

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

07/28/2020

Maureen C.

Receptionist and business seemed nice enough initially and I was very hopeful they could help based on their reviews and how customer focused they say they are. However, they were a no show to the appointment with no call letting me know. This was for a rental property and tenants were not happy with this as well. They said they would reschedule for later in the week but ultimately the company suggested I use an unlicensed contractor to do the work instead. Very unfortunate as I was hopeful it would work out as I have multiple properties and was looking for someone reliable for current and future issues.

Description of Work
Flat Roof Repair

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

We have no record of anyone with that name. There are other "Preferred" companies. Maybe this was a case of mistaken identity. If it wasnt we apologize.

07/24/2020

Suzanne E.

I highly recommend Preferred Roofing for excellent service, reasonable prices, and quality of work. David and Erica were always courteous and easy to work with. The crew was able to complete our roof in one day and cleaned up everything before they left. We are very happy with the job and our new roof looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced roof due to leaks

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

01/31/2020

Jaci S.

I spent over a year interviewing close to 20 different vendors looking for a roofer I could believe in. Aaron ******* at Preferred Roofing turned out to be the person I trusted the most. I received bids much lower and bids much higher. Ultimately it came down to trust. He's straightforward, thoughtful, knows his stuff, told me things about HVAC unit my own HVAC guys didn't tell me, and he steered me to the best solution for my house. Done on time, no delays, no problems of any kind. Preferred Roofing is A rated on the Better Business Bureau and they're certified by the county to inspect their own work—no delays waiting for an inspector. Only a very few roofing contractors have this stamp of approval, and Preferred has it. Oh and I had a couple of very hot rooms, Aaron recommended low profile O'Hagen vents to cool them down. Didn't even know they existed. Great warranty for workmanship from Preferred also for 10 years. Now all we have to do is wait for a really hard rainstorm. (One final note: don't be surprised because Aaron is very very tall.)

Description of Work
Totally new roof

Work Completed On 01/20/2020

10/04/2019

Alyse S.

PERFECT! Couldn't have had a better experience. From Erika who works in the office, to the owners, Dave & Aaron, to the men on the job, Vincent (the crew leader), each one more professional and personable. The job entailed working with other vendors (AC/Vac, Skylights, Electrician, Woodwork) and the referrals were equally professional and experts in what they provided for us. All work, all conversations, all interactions were of A+++ quality which made the experience not as painful as it could have been. Each day my home and backyard was cleaned up immaculately, the men worked hard and were on time and stayed late. I could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
New roof installation as well as removing 2 layers of existing roof. Repair and replace entire roof, home & garage.

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

Thank you so much!

09/21/2019

Karen P.

David at Preferred came to me as a referral from a friend. I did a lot of researching, and chose to use him because he is a factory authorized Preferred Contractor with Owens Corning (not to be confused with David’s Preferred Roofing Company.) I am a picky and detailed person, and David patiently answered all of my questions. When I do a job around my house I chose more qualified contractors so I am sure the job gets done right. I find that you get what you pay for in the long run. I ended up choosing the 50 year warranty, so I don’t have to do this again. The final result is a beautiful new roof that really adds dimension and color to my house. David was very helpful in frequently keeping me updated of the progress of the job. He also coordinated the job with the other contractors; asbestos removal and electrical updating, so that my job was finished on time. Thanks David!

Description of Work
New roof installed

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

Thanks!

08/20/2019

Susan C.

Excellent work. Preferred Roofing did an excellent job. Competitive price, excellent service, and job completed on time. Aaron was my sales representative. He helped me select my shingle color and supervised all aspects of the job.

Description of Work
I replaced my existing roof

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

Thank you!

04/30/2019

Andrew B.

Highly Recommended!! Dave, Aaron and their crew recently removed our old 3 layer shingle roof, found a number of problem spots needing repairs and replacement, and installed the new shingle roof, which they did with ease over a 3 day period, and left us with a clean exterior and beautiful new Owens Corning roof with a 50 year warranty. Great communication, explanation, and spot on with the estimates, actually ended up being a little less than we thought:) When the job was finalized, Dave came over himself for a final walk around, and signing off, leaving all relevant documents, and permits. Wont hesitate to recommend these guys for roofing work.

Description of Work
Roof removal and replacement

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

Review for Preferred Roofing Co - 7118 Gerald Ave, Van Nuys, CA - 37849020

02/23/2019

Curtis G.

was informationative and helped out alot made sure I could get in touch with people who could do the job

Description of Work
roof repair

thanks!

11/28/2018

Bruce R.

It went very well. It took a little less than 3 full days. They replaced all the flashing around the edge as well as around the chimney and vent pipes. It all looks well sealed. The test will come with the rains this winter, but I am confident there will not be any problems. They started this job as soon as their schedule permitted and arrived at the scheduled time. When done the site was satisfactorily cleaned up. The price was not cheap, but the quality was there. It is worth it. I have no complaints and would use them again... if I'm still around in 25 years.

Description of Work
I used Preferred Roofing to replace the roof on my main house and on a detached garage. They also replaced a rotted beam and some plywood on a nearly flat patio cover before sealing that roof as well.

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

Thank you sir!

09/11/2018

Bonnie M.

I recently purchased a home knowing that I needed to replace a 30-year old shingle roof and likely some work done on the fascia boards, which were hidden behind metal fascia covers. It goes without saying that a new roof is a significant home project that you want done correctly, especially considering the investment. I read up on what to look for online and arranged to get proposals from multiple companies. From the beginning, I was very impressed with the professionalism of Preferred Roofing. It is obvious that they stand behind the quality and craftsmanship of any home they work on! Aaron came to my house, took all the requisite measurements and evaluated the condition of the existing roof. He was on time, knowledgeable and extremely helpful throughout the process. He went the extra mile for an excellent outcome. In fact, Aaron and his crew were able to help solve an issue I had with my older AC base. Without a doubt, they are solution oriented. Aaron was regularly in contact with me and explained what was necessary as the worked progressed – the company provided exceptional customer service and are very responsive. I had a new cool roof installed and it is absolutely beautiful. The quality is outstanding. During the removal of the old roof, it was discovered that numerous pieces of wood on the roof deck indeed needed replacing, as did about half of the fascia boards. All the terms were upfront so there were no unexpected surprises. The foreman was competent and skilled, as were all the workers. Everyone was friendly and courteous. The crew was there on-time every morning and cleaned up the work site every afternoon. I never saw a nail on the driveway! Although the bid for the work was more expensive than others I received, the workmanship was well worth the cost. I would definitely utilize their services again – but I doubt I will ever need to do that! They gave me an amazing roof. I had an extremely positive experience with this company and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Re-roofing, removal of old roof and new cool roof installation.

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

Thank you so much! -Aaron and Dave and the rest of the team.

09/05/2018

Cassandra S.

Unfortunately, they weren't able to take on our particular project, but still spent 15 minutes walking us through the issues and what we should look for in an estimate and offered to answer any follow-up questions. Very responsive, helpful, and professional.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

Thank you. Glad we could help :)

08/22/2018

Andrea S.

I've just bought a house that had very old worn-out shingles (two layers of asphalt shingles) that had been installed directly onto the original wood shake roof which is an improper and problem-prone installation. So it necessitated tearing the entire thing off and putting down new plywood and everything. I went with Preferred Roofing and I had a wonderful experience! The roof is large and of medium steepness, but not terribly complicated; however there was also the wrinkle that the (very old) compressor unit for the central AC system was propped on stilts on the roof, and I was also having an AC company do a total overhaul of that system - the owner of Preferred Roofing David Paine worked well with the AC company to have them disconnect the old unit, had his guys remove it, and worked with them to get a proper pedestal installed and roofed in ready to go for the new unit. Everyone was on top of quality, they found and folded into their work replacing some rotted wood around the eaves that had been caught in the inspections - I'd totally forgot to tell them about it but they caught it anyway. They also cleaned up after themselves very well, the yard and everything didn't get horribly dirty like I was half expecting. Overall I had a very good experience and the new roof looks great. It wasn't the cheapest bid I got but I think very good for the quality I received!

Description of Work
Complete tear-off and re-roof

Work Completed On 08/21/2018

Review for Preferred Roofing Co - 7118 Gerald Ave, Van Nuys, CA - 37342872

Thank you and it was a pleasure giving you an awesome roof ;) - Dave, Aaron, and the rest of Team Preferred

08/14/2018

Caitlin D.

Getting a new roof is a big job, and we wanted to make sure it was done right. We researched several roofing companies. After speaking with owners, getting quotes, and contacting previous clients, we settled on Preferred. It was not the cheapest quote, but I felt that the owner, David Paine, cared about doing a quality job. He and his company were very clear and communicative during what turned out to be a prolonged process. I live in Culver City, and new codes on their part meant that there was a lot of back-and-forth with the city, along with added costs. None of this was the fault of Preferred, however, and they communicated well during the unexpected delays. Even when they discovered an error on the estimate, which ended up incurring extra costs, I felt this disappointment was handled fairly and professionally, and David made an effort to offset these costs to us. Once the job started, it moved briskly, and was done on time and the workers cleaned up every day. We are very happy with our new roof and would highly recommend Preferred Roofing to anyone with roofing needs.

Description of Work
We needed to replace a 30-year old shingle roof.

Work Completed On 07/24/2018

Thank you so much! We try our best to perform well when curve balls are thrown our way. Customer satisfaction is absolutely oyr number one priority. David and team.

08/03/2018

john C.

they made a clear statement of what they would do. they did it quickly and with no fuss. they left the site clean, addressed a couple of minor concerns, and provided us a good experience with a contractor

Description of Work
replaced roof

First of all, thank you and everyone else for taking the time to author reviews. Customer satisfaction is our number one concern. We believe our job is simple - install roofs and have happy clients once we are done. David and team.

06/25/2018

Bryan H.

Aaron and team were very helpful. The crew was prompt and clean, the job started and finished on time as promised. When all said and done we are very please with the work and would recommend them to anyone needing to be re-roofed.

Description of Work
Full underlayment and tile reset with added vents

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

It was a pleasure working with you sir!

06/19/2018

Rick K.

The guys who did the work were professional, diligent and thorough. This is the second roof I have had on our house, and I was pleased with the different methods they had with sealing around the AC unit and every other opening, (like air stacks for plumbing etc.), in the roof. The whole process, from the first meeting with Aaron, to the last meeting with Aaron, the job went smoothly, and ended up on time, and on budget. I highly recommend this roofing company for your home.

Description of Work
replaced old roof

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

Thanks sir! It was a pleasure working with you and thanks for the feedback.

06/04/2018

Bonnie J.

They scheduled to come provide an estimate on the Saturday before Memorial Day. They failed to show and provided no notice or follow-up call. Then, a few days later, a co-owner called to see about rescheduling. Talked to someone who did not offer an apology (despite leaving us hanging on a holiday weekend) and who said someone would call us back. That was several days ago and no one called back. Rating of “F” is based on customer service, or lack thereof.

Description of Work
Estimate to replace roof

Work Completed On 05/26/2018

Our sincerest apologies. If there is anything we can do to assist you please let us know.

05/24/2018

Belle H.

If you're looking for professionalism in a roofing company, you'll want to consider Preferred Roofing Co. From the initial appointment to completion, the experience could not have been better. This company is so good at what they do that the city allows them to "self inspect". This saves time not waiting around for a city inspector so the installers can move on to the next step. There are no games. Everything promised is in writing. I personally worked with Aaron, a real pro, who goes above and beyond helping his clients. The crew is extremely hard working and fast, showing up on time every day. At the end of the day, the crew cleans up and even uses a large magnet to catch any nails, especially on the driveway. You will receive quality roofing products and quality workmanship when you hire Preferred Roofing Co. If I had to do it again, I would definitely choose Preferred Roofing. Outstanding Company! Outstanding Employees! Outstanding Experience!

Description of Work
Remove 3 layers of old roofing, replace rotted wood, replace facia board, install new cool roof

Work Completed On 02/18/2018

[Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you! It means a lot to us to get great feedback like yours. Regards, Aaron and the rest of the team at Preferred Roofing

11/16/2017

Becky B.

It went well. It took a while to begin the process since it was during the most busy time of the year. The owner, David Paine, was very helpful and explained the whole process. I had asked him to do his best to schedule the start date I needed and he did what he could. He got pretty close to the date. David has been doing this for years and years. His crew was there early and the job was done in the time David said it would be finished. No complaints. David's sidekick, Aron, was very helpful too. Aron came over after the job was done so we could inspect the job. All was good except the crew only put on 3 vents and I had paid for 4. They installed the 4th one, no problem.

Description of Work
I need a new roof.

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

Thank you! -David and team

10/30/2017

Lynn M.

Outstanding job from start to finish - we were thrilled with Preferred Roofing. David responded to our call right away and came right over to give us a quote. His quote was very reasonable, and he also gave us a lot of information and background, showing that he really knew what he was doing and he knew a lot about roofing, including the work and the materials. For each day of service, his crew showed up right on time, and they were professional, knowledgeable, and hard working. They knew what they were doing, they were thorough and meticulous, did an excellent job, and they cleaned up after themselves. The roof came out gorgeous – better than we expected. We love them and their work, and we have complete confidence and trust in their ability. If we ever need a roofer again, we will definitely use them. They are the best, and we highly recommend them! A+++++

Description of Work
We needed a new roof, including removing and replacing the old one, and also replacement of some wood that had dry-rot.

5.0<