PACIFIC CONTROL SERVICE

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2005

3.8

FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED. LICENSE NUMBER 773755. We are the Experts when it comes to heating and air conditioning for your home or business. Residential and Commercial Installation, Repair & Maintenance...

Ed Contractors, Inc.

Ed Contractors has over 20 years of experience installing and maintaining Heating & A/C systems. We are fully insured and bonded. We hold State licenses for HVAC and Electrical work. As a family owned business, we take pride in our work and keeping our clients happy.

Air Force Air Conditioning and Heating Inc.

Air Force Air Conditioning and Heating has 20+ yrs of experience in all aspects of Heating, Air Conditioning and ventilation. Specializing in high efficiency systems and residential repairs and system change outs. We carry many awards and certificates of a high level of customer satisfaction through the years. Call anytime day or night and we will be there for you. -- Additional phone number (818)835-5783

High Tech Services

High Tech Services, is a family owned business by Professipnal people who have more than 25 years of experience. We Serve both Residential and Commercial Clients. Our services cover but not limited to HVAC and Electrical . Additional phone number 8187893081 3104828481

05/12/2020

They were hired by a home warranty service. They attempted to short cut the installation by not updating the evaporative coil that matches the new system which caused the loss of warranty to the new unit and leads to dangerous results that can cause flooding and damage to the rest of the HVAC system. They are a second rate company that will cut corners at the expense of the home owner.

Description of Work
replace condenser

09/11/2017

First visit they repaired the A/C leak. The leak got worse. They then said the coil unit needed to be replaced. Of course they added $800 worth of fees that were not covered by the home warranty. Sounds like they work together.

Description of Work
A/C repaired, then replaced

01/02/2016

I was unable to get my heater to turn on. So I contacted my home warranty service and they assigned me to a top rated contractor. Unfortunately, that contractor couldn't come out for 6 days. As it was one of the coldest periods of the year, I again contacted my warranty service to see if there was a contractor who could come out quicker. They contacted Pacific Control Service who could come out th...

Description of Work
Repaired central heater which wouldn't turn on.

08/20/2013

Rafi showed up and claimed that the issue was the ubiquitous, clogged filter, his favorite line (and way to claim his $60). We have prior experience with Rafi after multiple visits through First American Home Warranty, my wife purposely asked if it was definitely fixed. The reason we ask that question is last time Rafi replaced an external AC unit, it was so loud that we could not sleep, neighbors...

Description of Work
Rafi was sent over by First American Home Warranty to repair a leak from an AC unit that was dripping through into a downstairs ceiling

07/19/2013

I was referred to this company through my First American Home Warranty. I had an old ac system that was not working and I had a feeling it probably would not be covered by the home warranty so I called up this company and asked them to give me a free estimate on replacing the a/c unit. I told them I would be paying for the item on my own outside of the home warranty. They sent Rafi, the owner and ...

Description of Work
Check out the existing ac unit and give me an estimate on replacement

06/06/2011

They seemed competent and straightforward until the end. I did not like the end of my relationship with them, which was when they wanted me to spend $1800 on a particular repair. They brought own the price to $1600 but they were not excited about doing the repair and were not sure how long it would last and so forth. They really wanted to sell me a new air conditioning unit for about $4800. They were not responsive to my idea of buying some time on the existing unit. That was what prompted me to start searching on Angie's List in the first place.

Description of Work
Pacific Control Service did maintenance on my air conditioning unit. I had purchased the unit from them about 25 years ago and they have been regularly servicing it all these years. They do bi-annual maintenance on the unit.

10/20/2008

To understand the story you have to realize I am trying to get a repair covered by my insurance company. The insurance company has a reputation for trying to avoid covering any expensive repairs. Because I do not trust the insurance company, I first called another heating & air conditioning company to check for my suspected problem. They came and did a very professional job (see my report on that company) and determined that carbon monoxide is leaking into the house. With the report in hand, I now contacted my insurance company and they in turn contacted Pacific Control Service Inc to do the inspection. The first problem I had was making an appointment with them. I told them I would like it as late as possible. I told them it did not have to be the next day. They refused to make an afternoon appointment but said that I would be the first appointment the next day and the time frame they gave me was between 9:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. They came close to 11:00 A.M. The technician (Paul) took off a few screws and then visually inspected the unit and wrote a report (the grammar is his) that said The fire box is rusted and air mix with Carbon Monoxide. The reason is water damaged from evap pan under evap is rusted. Could start leaking. Request to replace the furnace and evap". He is now required to give his report to the insurance company so they can determine the next step. He was at my house on October 15, 2008 and they submitted the report on October 20, 2008 after asking for a resolution from my insurance company three times. What was interesting was he told the insurance company he did not know there was a leak and I should call the gas company to make that determination. The company was told specifically I wanted the unit to be checked for carbon monoxide and they acknowledged that by the fact that they told me I would have to have a morning appointment because the person who can do it can only come in the morning. At this time I have to fax my invoice to my insurance company to determine why there is a difference between the invoice to me and the report to my insurance company.

Description of Work
The company was called by my insurance carrier for home repair. The visit was in response to my suspicion that I had a carbon monoxide leak in the heater.

09/10/2007

Rafi gave us an accurate estimate of the work and a price. I had 4 other estimates and his was at the center of the estimates. The work was completed in three days as he said plus one for some extra work that I added to the project. The system works well and does what I wanted in that it quietly keeps the house temperature to our settings. They tested the ducting system for leaks and cleaned up after themselves and we are very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Replaced the complete air conditioning system with a RUUD Ultra 5 ton 16 seer 410 condenser and a RUUD Ultra UGFD 2 stage 92% variable speed gas furnaces with a Honeywell F300 air cleaner. They replaced the existing ducting and grills and created an attic access for the east section of the house.

02/14/2007

I was pleased with this company. They proved to be dependable and trustworthy. Their work was very accurately done. They also care about customer satisfaction. I also found their prices to be very reasonable.

Description of Work
This company put in an auxiliary unit that provides power to my heat pump at my 1400 square foot home. They ran a wire, put in a breaker and they did an exterior disconnect to my unit. My home is very small and I did not go with a particularly expensive name brand product.

02/14/2007

They paid attention to small details, which I liked. They were careful not to make a mess out of my home. I was a satisfied customer when I used this company. My husband paid for the services rendered so I can't comment on what we paid. I do know that we were charged a reasonable rate.

Description of Work
This company put a new heater and air conditioning system in my 2000 square foot home. They took out my old units before they installed my new units. They also put in new ductwork for me. They put up about five or six ducts.

Category heating & cooling contractor

HEATING AND COOLING. We are specialist in all kinds of heating and air conditioning systems, Roof top units, Heat pump units, Ductless mini split units, Wall heaters and floor furnaces, Indoor air quality control, All ducting and installations

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available