Method Doors & Gates

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2010

15536 Cabrito Rd

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Creativity, attention to detail & superb customer service are what sets us apart. We serve thousands of satisfied customers. We provide reasonably priced garage doors, gates and activating devices, such as: garage doors and openers, gate operators and access control, custom wood garage doors, gate and electric gate repairs....

11/26/2018

bob S.

i previously claimed that they did not call for services, but i seemed to have been mistaken... they did call and leave a msg for appt making, but i either erroneously deleted the msg or my phone service did not forward the msg over to me.... so disregard my previous review....

Description of Work
gate opener install

09/19/2018

Ray C.

I guess they see dollar signs because I live in the Hollywood Hills. The price that was quoted was $4500. When I said that the price was too high, I was asked, how much am I prepared to pay? That question didn't sit well with me. They charge $65 for a price quote if I don't sign up for the service. I paid the money, yet they never sent me a written quote. Also, the fence was damaged because my daughter hit the fence with her car so there was a lot that was reusable. The salesperson who came out said that it was repairable and they needed to start from scratch. I have been fixing it myself with the maintenance man from my office building. We spent four hours on Saturday doing

Description of Work
replace a 6ft wood fence and gate.

Category fencing,driveway gates

We want to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality standard for our customers. We make sure to give our customers a high quality and safe product. The fence, gate and stair railing that were damaged were on a high elevation at least 10 ft above the ground, so our main concern was the strength and safety of the fence. For that reason, we suggested to replace all damaged parts including new posts and frame with additional metal brackets for support. We believe the damaged gate and fence could not be repaired or reused and the price that was given for the new product was fair. We apologize again for any misunderstanding the occurred in regards to the estimate. You can reach out to us if you have any concern regarding the estimate or the service fee you were charged. Thanks, Noam G. METHOD GARAGE DOORS & GATES Office:818-989-5222 Fax: 818-763-3066

05/01/2018

Roy R.

Method fabricated a wrought iron 10 foot double door locking driveway gate. Matched color to adjacent house paint After agreeing on a price, I was told the gate would be ready within 7-10 days. Six days later the gate had been created and it was installed a day or two thereafter. In fact, it took much longer to receive the new locking handle and dead bolt which I ordered from an online supplier than it took Method to fabricate and install the gate. About 10 days after the installation I phoned the office to say that I had received the door knob & deadbolt, and the company owner arrived about half an hour later to install them. Bottom line: negotiated price was fair relative to the market, quality of fabrication, installation & overall service was excellent.

Description of Work
Replace wooden driveway gate with a wrought iron one.

03/29/2018

Haydee A.

After interviewing and obtaining estimates from various companies, I met with Lavion Yuval (Val), Method Doors and Gates’ Project Manager. I chose Method Doors and Gates as I was impressed by Val’s professionalism, attention to detail, and quick response. No other contractor had been able to define my city permits and Val was the only one who offered to go with me to City Hall to clarify required permits. Val did a great job coordinating the project and keeping in touch from beginning to end; he was highly responsive to my requests adding them to the project whenever feasible... He even installed for me a new mailbox “I” had purchased on my own!!! Thank you, Val!!! In addition to Val, I had the pleasure to interact with Noam Gittelson, Method’s owner. Noam was very patient and worked diligently throughout the project. Since the main purpose for my purchase had been that of increasing safety/security… I unexpectedly felt disappointed at the end when I noticed that the driveway gate had “no” lock to secure it in place; the most important aspect “I” thought was included in the deal. Needless to say, Noam added the feature at no extra cost; without hesitation, he returned and installed the lock the following day. It is obvious that customer service is #1 on their list!! I am extremely satisfied with the workmanship, care, professionalism, quick response AND customer service. THANK YOU Val and Noam for a job well done! I love my new driveway security gate AND the positive experience of having done business with Method Doors and Gates!!! Without reservation, I recommend Method Doors and Gates for punctuality, high quality work, efficiency, and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Description of Work
Supply and install wrought iron across 25’-wide driveway: 12’x6’ swing gate, 42”x6’ pedestrian gate, and 10’x6 stationary fence.

Category fencing,wrought iron,driveway gates

02/09/2018

Mark F.

They look terrific, beyond our expectations. The fabrication matched our design exactly. The installation was professional and complete. They look so good, our neighbors keep asking about them.

Description of Work
Method built and installed a wider side gate and an automated driveway gate. The metal gates are wrapped in wood and topped with an arched metal design.

01/05/2017

Robert W.

was 100 to come out which is normal but added 65 to just lubricate a gate button i thought excessive

Category driveway gates

This review in completely unfair. We responded to an email we received for service immediately and scheduled an appointment. Technician arrived to the appointment on time and even called with an ETA before. At the job site technician went over the problem with the customer, the problem was with the intercom. The technician took homeowner phone, checked and tested the intercom repeatedly, opened the box, cleaned and lubricated it and repair the problem, which was a stack push button. Technician spend close to an hour at the job side, diagnosing and repairing the problem and charge $65.00 for that. We charged $95.00 for the service charge to come out since the job site is in Riverside and technician drove from the Van Nuys area. Customer agreed to the charge and understood that it is just for coming out. We are not sure why is the negative review, since the cost for this service to Method, between technician driving 2 hours each direction, spending close to an hour at the job site, gas and overhead exceeded the $165.00 charge, again completely unfair !!!

11/20/2016

Tamara D.

The experience was outstanding. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. After working with more than 3 dozen contractors this past year, Method Doors & Gates made the "Top 3" list. We are very happy with the gates. They look fantastic and are a showstopper as you drive past the house. It was a pleasure working with Val, Noam, and Doreen throughout the whole process. They were very responsive and easy to work with. We had several delays in our project - which had NOTHING to do with Method - and they adjusted their schedule accordingly, without adding additional pressure. These guys nailed it - literally and figuratively!

Description of Work
We needed a double-door driveway gate, plus two pedestrian gates, in the front yard. Both pedestrian gates needed keypad access, and one needed a WiFi video doorbell.

11/03/2016

Michael N.

My phone call was answered promptly and it was easy to schedule an appointment. Noam arrived exactly on time and gave an honest and complete review of all my options to repair or replace the gate. I opted for a repair of the locking mechanism which needed to be repositioned due to the gate shifting in position. I was worried it wouldn't work but Noam was very confident it would and said he would do what was necessary to get it working properly. End result was a perfectly locking gate-better than it has ever been. Couldn't be happier with the service from start to finish!!

Description of Work
Repair of a swinging driveway gate.

10/19/2016

David J.

Noam showed up on time on a Saturday, (I was late), and understood my simple yet custom needs immediately. He gave me a quote which wasn't cheap nor outrageous, but down the middle. I signed the bid, we scheduled the day for them to come do the work. Noam showed up on the day, did a perfect job within the time frame at the agreed price. I paid with my preferred method of payment. It was as straightforward a transaction as it could be. Noam was very courteous and professional and I would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
I needed a custom driveway gate-stop.

09/30/2016

Michael K.

How did it go? It couldn't have gone better and I couldn't have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Consummate professionals. Gold standard materials, fabrication, installation, and clean up. And all at a more than fair price. It doesn't get better. Started with three 7-foot gates. Immediate response and bid, with an installation way ahead of schedule. Hardworking and knowledgeable crew who embodied the craftsmanship you only dream about. Was so impressed that I had them return with a 50-foot plus pony fence install atop my cinderblock and a 4th gate. Again, so pleased that I went back to them for a 23-foot privacy screen between my house and garage that provides seclusion without blocking air flow (the best of both worlds). Once again, so pleased that I had them install a new steel garage door (with windows, insulation, and interior cover) - and again, found myself thrilled with the product, the installation, and the price. Delightful owner (Val) and Project Manager (Noam), who insured excellence in both product and install. I could not be more pleased with the company, their work ethic, the incredible quality of product, and the delightful experience every step of this adventure has been. These gentlemen and their gates and fences stand head and shoulders above the competition. Am already planning some more work for these magnificent craftsmen (a metal garden gate with an overhead metal arbor as well as a garage door…and further down the line, a koi pond cover). These gentlemen are the real deal! Three 7-foot gates (heavy-gauge steel posts and frames, with metal screen and deadbolts/door handles): $2910 50-foot plus 2-foot high pony fence atop cinderblock wall (matching the gates) as well as another 7-foot high gate: $6910 23-foot long 2-foot high privacy screen (that matches gates) atop another cinderblock wall. $2950 New garage door (2-car garage) with windows, insulation, and back panel: $2000 As mentioned, I couldn't be more pleased with the high quality of their product, their masterful installation, the price, or the pleasure of doing business with such consummate professionals. Thank you! Val, Noam, and your fabricators and installers. I feel so lucky to have "found" you.

Category fencing,garage doors,driveway gates

Adar Garage Doors and Gates

We specialize in garage motor repair, installing garage motor, gate intercom, gate repair/welding, intercom service, intercom installation, access control and much more.

Mulholland Brand

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!

Offers by Mulholland Brand on Angi
    Isaac's Ironworks Inc

At Isaacs’s Ironworks we specialize in custom work serving the greater Los Angeles area and surrounding for over 19 years. A one time customer is something we try to avoid, that is why we devote so much time and energy to understanding your needs and getting them done quickly and cost effectively. We work with architects and designers and can create a beautiful structural & misc. steel product from blue print or your own design weather you are building from scratch or remodeling. At Isaac’s Ironworks we take much pride at our staff of experienced representative. When you call us you can expect to talk with someone who has knowledge and experience and truly understand your need, and the ability to provide to you when you need it. You can always count on us with innovation and customer service. We have in house design capabilities, and can handle all type of custom work. As Seen on Ellen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2geYFcqd2Y&feature=player_embedded. Additional fax - (818) 982-1984 wining.

C61 D28
    CSLB
    04/30/2018

Garage doors - installation & repair, openers, springs & accessories. Driveway gates - fabrication, installation & repair, walkway gates, custom wood, wrought iron, glass aluminum, gate openers, intercoms & accessories.

We do it all !