Method Doors & Gates

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2010

15536 Cabrito Rd

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Creativity, attention to detail & superb customer service are what sets us apart. We serve thousands of satisfied customers. We provide reasonably priced garage doors, gates and activating devices, such as: garage doors and openers, gate operators and access control, custom wood garage doors, gate and electric gate repairs....

11/26/2018

bob S.

i previously claimed that they did not call for services, but i seemed to have been mistaken... they did call and leave a msg for appt making, but i either erroneously deleted the msg or my phone service did not forward the msg over to me.... so disregard my previous review....

Description of Work
gate opener install

09/19/2018

Ray C.

I guess they see dollar signs because I live in the Hollywood Hills. The price that was quoted was $4500. When I said that the price was too high, I was asked, how much am I prepared to pay? That question didn't sit well with me. They charge $65 for a price quote if I don't sign up for the service. I paid the money, yet they never sent me a written quote. Also, the fence was damaged because my daughter hit the fence with her car so there was a lot that was reusable. The salesperson who came out said that it was repairable and they needed to start from scratch. I have been fixing it myself with the maintenance man from my office building. We spent four hours on Saturday doing

Description of Work
replace a 6ft wood fence and gate.

Category fencing, driveway gates

We want to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality standard for our customers. We make sure to give our customers a high quality and safe product. The fence, gate and stair railing that were damaged were on a high elevation at least 10 ft above the ground, so our main concern was the strength and safety of the fence. For that reason, we suggested to replace all damaged parts including new posts and frame with additional metal brackets for support. We believe the damaged gate and fence could not be repaired or reused and the price that was given for the new product was fair. We apologize again for any misunderstanding the occurred in regards to the estimate. You can reach out to us if you have any concern regarding the estimate or the service fee you were charged. Thanks, Noam G. METHOD GARAGE DOORS & GATES Office:818-989-5222 Fax: 818-763-3066

05/01/2018

Roy R.

Method fabricated a wrought iron 10 foot double door locking driveway gate. Matched color to adjacent house paint After agreeing on a price, I was told the gate would be ready within 7-10 days. Six days later the gate had been created and it was installed a day or two thereafter. In fact, it took much longer to receive the new locking handle and dead bolt which I ordered from an online supplier than it took Method to fabricate and install the gate. About 10 days after the installation I phoned the office to say that I had received the door knob & deadbolt, and the company owner arrived about half an hour later to install them. Bottom line: negotiated price was fair relative to the market, quality of fabrication, installation & overall service was excellent.

Description of Work
Replace wooden driveway gate with a wrought iron one.

03/29/2018

Haydee A.

After interviewing and obtaining estimates from various companies, I met with Lavion Yuval (Val), Method Doors and Gates’ Project Manager. I chose Method Doors and Gates as I was impressed by Val’s professionalism, attention to detail, and quick response. No other contractor had been able to define my city permits and Val was the only one who offered to go with me to City Hall to clarify required permits. Val did a great job coordinating the project and keeping in touch from beginning to end; he was highly responsive to my requests adding them to the project whenever feasible... He even installed for me a new mailbox “I” had purchased on my own!!! Thank you, Val!!! In addition to Val, I had the pleasure to interact with Noam Gittelson, Method’s owner. Noam was very patient and worked diligently throughout the project. Since the main purpose for my purchase had been that of increasing safety/security… I unexpectedly felt disappointed at the end when I noticed that the driveway gate had “no” lock to secure it in place; the most important aspect “I” thought was included in the deal. Needless to say, Noam added the feature at no extra cost; without hesitation, he returned and installed the lock the following day. It is obvious that customer service is #1 on their list!! I am extremely satisfied with the workmanship, care, professionalism, quick response AND customer service. THANK YOU Val and Noam for a job well done! I love my new driveway security gate AND the positive experience of having done business with Method Doors and Gates!!! Without reservation, I recommend Method Doors and Gates for punctuality, high quality work, efficiency, and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Description of Work
Supply and install wrought iron across 25’-wide driveway: 12’x6’ swing gate, 42”x6’ pedestrian gate, and 10’x6 stationary fence.

Category fencing, wrought iron, driveway gates

02/09/2018

Mark F.

They look terrific, beyond our expectations. The fabrication matched our design exactly. The installation was professional and complete. They look so good, our neighbors keep asking about them.

Description of Work
Method built and installed a wider side gate and an automated driveway gate. The metal gates are wrapped in wood and topped with an arched metal design.

01/05/2017

Robert W.

was 100 to come out which is normal but added 65 to just lubricate a gate button i thought excessive

Category driveway gates

This review in completely unfair. We responded to an email we received for service immediately and scheduled an appointment. Technician arrived to the appointment on time and even called with an ETA before. At the job site technician went over the problem with the customer, the problem was with the intercom. The technician took homeowner phone, checked and tested the intercom repeatedly, opened the box, cleaned and lubricated it and repair the problem, which was a stack push button. Technician spend close to an hour at the job side, diagnosing and repairing the problem and charge $65.00 for that. We charged $95.00 for the service charge to come out since the job site is in Riverside and technician drove from the Van Nuys area. Customer agreed to the charge and understood that it is just for coming out. We are not sure why is the negative review, since the cost for this service to Method, between technician driving 2 hours each direction, spending close to an hour at the job site, gas and overhead exceeded the $165.00 charge, again completely unfair !!!

11/20/2016

Tamara D.

The experience was outstanding. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. After working with more than 3 dozen contractors this past year, Method Doors & Gates made the "Top 3" list. We are very happy with the gates. They look fantastic and are a showstopper as you drive past the house. It was a pleasure working with Val, Noam, and Doreen throughout the whole process. They were very responsive and easy to work with. We had several delays in our project - which had NOTHING to do with Method - and they adjusted their schedule accordingly, without adding additional pressure. These guys nailed it - literally and figuratively!

Description of Work
We needed a double-door driveway gate, plus two pedestrian gates, in the front yard. Both pedestrian gates needed keypad access, and one needed a WiFi video doorbell.

11/03/2016

Michael N.

My phone call was answered promptly and it was easy to schedule an appointment. Noam arrived exactly on time and gave an honest and complete review of all my options to repair or replace the gate. I opted for a repair of the locking mechanism which needed to be repositioned due to the gate shifting in position. I was worried it wouldn't work but Noam was very confident it would and said he would do what was necessary to get it working properly. End result was a perfectly locking gate-better than it has ever been. Couldn't be happier with the service from start to finish!!

Description of Work
Repair of a swinging driveway gate.

10/19/2016

David J.

Noam showed up on time on a Saturday, (I was late), and understood my simple yet custom needs immediately. He gave me a quote which wasn't cheap nor outrageous, but down the middle. I signed the bid, we scheduled the day for them to come do the work. Noam showed up on the day, did a perfect job within the time frame at the agreed price. I paid with my preferred method of payment. It was as straightforward a transaction as it could be. Noam was very courteous and professional and I would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
I needed a custom driveway gate-stop.

09/30/2016

Michael K.

How did it go? It couldn't have gone better and I couldn't have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Consummate professionals. Gold standard materials, fabrication, installation, and clean up. And all at a more than fair price. It doesn't get better. Started with three 7-foot gates. Immediate response and bid, with an installation way ahead of schedule. Hardworking and knowledgeable crew who embodied the craftsmanship you only dream about. Was so impressed that I had them return with a 50-foot plus pony fence install atop my cinderblock and a 4th gate. Again, so pleased that I went back to them for a 23-foot privacy screen between my house and garage that provides seclusion without blocking air flow (the best of both worlds). Once again, so pleased that I had them install a new steel garage door (with windows, insulation, and interior cover) - and again, found myself thrilled with the product, the installation, and the price. Delightful owner (Val) and Project Manager (Noam), who insured excellence in both product and install. I could not be more pleased with the company, their work ethic, the incredible quality of product, and the delightful experience every step of this adventure has been. These gentlemen and their gates and fences stand head and shoulders above the competition. Am already planning some more work for these magnificent craftsmen (a metal garden gate with an overhead metal arbor as well as a garage door…and further down the line, a koi pond cover). These gentlemen are the real deal! Three 7-foot gates (heavy-gauge steel posts and frames, with metal screen and deadbolts/door handles): $2910 50-foot plus 2-foot high pony fence atop cinderblock wall (matching the gates) as well as another 7-foot high gate: $6910 23-foot long 2-foot high privacy screen (that matches gates) atop another cinderblock wall. $2950 New garage door (2-car garage) with windows, insulation, and back panel: $2000 As mentioned, I couldn't be more pleased with the high quality of their product, their masterful installation, the price, or the pleasure of doing business with such consummate professionals. Thank you! Val, Noam, and your fabricators and installers. I feel so lucky to have "found" you.

Category fencing, garage doors, driveway gates

08/08/2016

Gabriel L.

Excellent. Noam and his crew were first rate. Did not skimp on quality or service.

Description of Work
Build and install a gate.

03/11/2016

albert L.

Overall very good experience. Price was a bit higher than I would have liked, but was comparable to other quotes. I needed two new gates powdercoated (not painted) white. They were able to create the exact style that I wanted with locks. The gates are perfectly level, they close easily, they don't swing open on their own, so I'm happy with the results. Every staff person was responsive and very friendly. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed two new gates to replace two old wooden ones that were falling apart.

11/04/2015

Kyle M.

We tore out our old front fence and gate system and hired Method to help design and install a new one. Val and Noam were professional and thoughtful in terms of aesthetic and functionality as it wasn't the easiest install. The cost was easily the highest of all the quotes we got but the quality is the best I've seen so we got what we paid for. They use steel frame/posts under the wood so it is sturdy, durable and attractive (which adds to the cost). I have had a lot of work done to our house and this was one of the most hassle free and home enhancing jobs we've done. We get compliments all the time on how the front of our house looks now. There were a few hiccups but Noam was back within 24 hours to address them. No job goes perfectly but this one was pretty close.

Description of Work
New 19ft fence and entry gate.

08/18/2015

Brian S.

Outstanding service & work. This team delivers exactly as promised & the quality is "Top Shelf." Hired again in April 2015 for a $2000 new garage door.

Description of Work
- Rebuild electric gate motors & replaced circuit board. - Built iron fences & gate for pool area.

Category fencing, garage doors, wrought iron, driveway gates

07/20/2015

Suzanne O.

The jib went just as promised and it is beautiful and is built to last

Description of Work
Designed, fabricated and installed glass and steel gates

07/06/2015

walker K.

Noam was great! Gave me excellent appraisal of problem and several solutions to fix it. He was punctual, professional, and did a great job repairing two gates--one metal and one wood. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced broken locks and hinges on two gates.

06/20/2015

Michael L.

Fantastic. Method Garage Doors and Gates personnel (project managers, welders, gate and fencing builders) were very professional in designing, fabricating, installing the wrought iron pedestrian gates, a vehicle sliding gate, and the gate operator track. On the scheduled date of installation the vehicle sliding gate did not have the required heavy duty brackets for the drive chain which is a necessity for the motor operator to open and close the vehicle sliding gate. I asked the project manager what is needed to fabricate and install the heavy duty brackets. The response from the project manager, is if I can provide the actual Lift Master CSL 24VDC Gate Operator, measurements would be taken to determine the optimum location on the sliding gate to weld each chain drive bracket. Upon moving the Lift Master CSL 24VDC Gate Operator from a storage area on the property to the actual front yard driveway work area, the new Lift Master CSL 24VDC Gate Operator was quickly uncrated from its' packing and the cover was removed so that dimensional chain drive sprocket multiple plane measurements could be made by the Method Garage Doors and Gates Project Manager. After taking measurements, within minutes, Method Garage Doors and Gates personnel installed and welded the drive chain brackets. The wrought iron pedestrian gates, and the vehicle sliding gate are a work of art. I'm very pleased with the high level of detail, precision, design, and quality of work Method Garage Doors and Gates personnel (project managers, welders, gate and fencing builders) used to make this possible and the installation a reality. Virtually everyday, one or more of my neighbors, visitors, and/or other real property owners, have nothing but praise to say about the results of this project. I'm very pleased. Thank You, "Method Garage Doors and Gates".

Description of Work
Custom design, build, and install wrought iron pedestrian gates, vehicle sliding gate, and gate operator track.

Category fencing, wrought iron, driveway gates

06/12/2015

sharon P.

from the first phone call it was a good experience... we were given lots of choices of type and color of gates, price options were offered right up front. the old gate took longer than anticipated to remove, but no extra charges, and the new gate looks as if it was always part of the property. definitely would use them again.

Description of Work
removed old back gate and installed new one, also installed new side gate.

05/02/2015

Karen S.

Excellent work and customer service.

Description of Work
Install 2 keypads, wiring and other services for entry gate.

02/07/2015

Danny M.

Called them on a Friday morning and they were actually able to come that day. I assumed we would be setting an appointment for the next week. Serviceman really nice and extremely professional. Gave me an estimate ( Had done some research and seemed like a very fair price) and was actually able to fix it that evening. Finished the job in over and hour and all was done well. It is an older gate and he let me know that in the future it may need to be serviced, but was not pushy at all. We will absolutely be using this company again when it's time to have more work done on this old gate.

Description of Work
Re installed gate chain, replaced and re welded part of metal bar that holds the rollers, welded additional parts

01/27/2015

Franklin T.

Came promptly to initial consultation. ..performed all work timely and professionally.

Description of Work
Reenforced 2 metal gates so that our small dog could not escape. Extended the height of the gates and added steel mesh to decrease the spacing between the metal vertical bars.

01/12/2015

Ken B.

Timely response, listened to our ideas, explained what they could do in a couple of different price points. They use the best motorized gates with the longest warranty. The job was completed quickly with quality.

Description of Work
Custom iron doors, columns, fence and gates and double motorized wood and iron gates.

Category fencing

07/30/2014

Patricia D.

Everything done in a timely manor, actually sooner! Gate works great and looks fantastic! 2 weeks from start to finish! Would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Love my new driveway gate! Great service !

01/29/2014

RAY H.

Great guys! Stayed on agreed upon price even when a problem on our end had them work longer and harder. When the gate was finished it looked and worked like it was built with the house. Also when a small problem arouse they were there right away to fix it. Couldn't ask for a better company.

Description of Work
New Iron Gate with, Motor, Magnetic Lock and Call Box.

01/22/2014

Kate S.

Technician arrived same day, in time. Performed job very quickly, shared info on possible service options and replacements. Cost 95$.

Description of Work
Automatic door repair. Door was not staying closed

Isaac's Ironworks Inc

At Isaacs’s Ironworks we specialize in custom work serving the greater Los Angeles area and surrounding for over 19 years. A one time customer is something we try to avoid, that is why we devote so much time and energy to understanding your needs and getting them done quickly and cost effectively. We work with architects and designers and can create a beautiful structural & misc. steel product from blue print or your own design weather you are building from scratch or remodeling. At Isaac’s Ironworks we take much pride at our staff of experienced representative. When you call us you can expect to talk with someone who has knowledge and experience and truly understand your need, and the ability to provide to you when you need it. You can always count on us with innovation and customer service. We have in house design capabilities, and can handle all type of custom work. As Seen on Ellen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2geYFcqd2Y&feature=player_embedded. Additional fax - (818) 982-1984 wining.

Mulholland Brand

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!

Offers by Mulholland Brand on Angi
    Adar Garage Doors and Gates

We specialize in garage motor repair, installing garage motor, gate intercom, gate repair/welding, intercom service, intercom installation, access control and much more.

C61 D28
    CSLB
    04/30/2018

Garage doors - installation & repair, openers, springs & accessories. Driveway gates - fabrication, installation & repair, walkway gates, custom wood, wrought iron, glass aluminum, gate openers, intercoms & accessories.

We do it all !