Danmer Custom Window Coverings Los Angeles

Founded 1976 • With Angi since June 2008

4.4

8000 Woodley Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Los Angeles shutters by Danmer Custom Shutters. Save on plantation shutters, window shutters, wood shutters, interior house shutters, wooden and Thermalite shutters in Los Angeles. Los Angeles plantation shutters, window shutters, wood shutters, custom shutters, interior shutters, house shutters,

09/13/2017

Alex Z.

I've written my comments before on how Danmer representative damaged my wall, they took $1.300 deposit 4 month ago and disappeared. No blinds, no refund and no updates!! Looks to me like a Fraud!! I've submitted my review on their website and two days later it still wasn't there. They just ignored it and never posted. They only post good reviews and delete all the rest. What a dishonest company!! I've asked one of their representatives Kate via on-line chat on [*** Link removed ***] "where can I see my review?" and received no answer apart from "I don't know". I think we all know the answer... This is probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced and it's not over, as they still owe me my money!!!

Description of Work
Design, manufacture and install motorized window blinds

08/01/2017

Jen C.

This has been by far the worst customer service I've experienced.

Description of Work
I don't like to review companies until I'm finished doing business with them but I feel I owe the other consumers a caution. My husband and I met with Danmer in early May, chose window covering and were scheduled a follow up appointment with a designer to figure out the details. We paid half the total bill and were given an install date of 6/21. Last week I was called and told "we don't have the color you ordered". This perplexed me because we ordered a standard white. We called back and spoke to another customer service rep who let us know the truth was the designer quit and never noted what color we ordered (I got a different explanation later- that he noted two different colors). They sent another designer out Friday of last week to check what color we wanted. This designer showed up with no history, no documents and admitted she didn't know what she was there to do. We gave her the color information and by Monday late morning I hadn't heard from Sandra, the manager I was working with so I called her. She did not have information from the designer who was off that day and promised she would call me Tuesday. Tuesday, no call. I just left a voicemail. Today marks the day the original blinds were to be installed. Add to that we have no window coverings and it's over 100 degrees. My child has to avoid her playroom because of the picture window and I refuse to tack up sheets in our new house or buy a temporary system. They preach they have the best customer service and they treat customers like friends and family. I truly feel sorry for their families and friends if this is how they are treated. There are other companies to go with and you should. We were trying to do business with locals but should have gone another route, saved money, got rebates and actually gotten blinds. *update 6/22 5:55pm - Sandra has not returned my call. I spoke to another supervisor who was surprised we were not offered temporary blinds. They are supposed to be installed tonight between 5-6pm. This company is ridiculous to deal with. ***update 7/6 - still have not been given an updated install date. Have been told we were being expedited but were called a WEEK after we were told the second time they were ordered and were asked what size we ordered. So as of late last week they obviously hadn't been ordered. I cannot get through to management or get them to follow up with me. DO NOT PAY THIS COMPANY UPFRONT. 8/1 - Had blinds installed on Saturday. The installer, Steve has been the best part of this process. Having said that, the blinds were made incorrectly (we have long windows and instead of making one long piece for the top, they made two short pieces that don't match), when they said they would "heavily compensate" us, it was only 10%, and the cordless blinds are already losing the ability to stay were they are adjusted. When I open them half way, they droop by as much as a couple inches. So now we are waiting to hopefully be contacted by them so they can remake the top part of the blinds and reinstall them. This is a very shoddy product, the "customer service" is laughable and the company is poorly run.

02/11/2017

Cam L.

We were told if we paid up front we would get our shutters faster., so we did. The first time we were rescheduled for installation we were ok with it. Stuff happens. The second time, they called 45 minutes AFTER the scheduled appointment to say they didn't have the shutters. They also gave us a reminder on Thursday to say they were coming. So we moved furniture in preparation only to find out they weren't coming, and could not get them here for ANOTHER week. Which doesn't work for us, so we still do not know if we will get our shutters for another 2 weeks. Not sure how they've stayed in business for 70 years

Description of Work
Shutters from Danmer window coverings

10/24/2016

charles G.

Horrible. I am over 70 years old and this is the worst experience I have had with a vendor. The day before installation I received 2 phone calls-one saying they would be unable to install, the other saying they would install. When I called them back, they said they could not install. On Oct 4th, Candice (sales lady) they FINALLY call me and say that the fabric was discontinued. She said she would call the next morning. I received no call . On oct 11th, I left voice mail with Candice to forget the whole deal and send me my deposit of $495 back to me. As of today, I have received nothing, not even a phone call

Description of Work
july 13th I ordered 2 black out shades (56 by 80 and 38 by 70) I paid down payment of $495.

03/28/2014

Noreen R.

The salesperson who came out to my home was very knowledgeable about the product, and he was also very polite, courteous, and had a great sense of humor. I was informed about all of their products and was shown samples of each, and I was also informed about their payment plan, which I am using. The installer (Edgar) was also very nice, punctual, and professional. Edgar was very careful with my furniture and flooring, and cleaned up very well after himself. My experience with Danmer was excellent, and I will be buying more shutters for the rest of my home from Danmer in the future. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I ordered shutters from Danmer for my living room, dining room, and kitchen.

12/11/2013

Ken P.

After my phone calls to " his boss" the only response was an apology for his error . Don't call these people if you have any concerns over the timing. They were also 50% more expensive than the other quote I received.

Description of Work
Danmar came and provided an estimate after being informed that the shutters had to be installed by December 20 at the latest. Salesman confirmed delivery after " talking to his boss", estimator came and measured window, office called and confirmed deliver and instal on December 19. Six days later, salesman calls and says they are unable to make the delivery date, leaving us 10 days to find a replacement. This is the same company that promises a 3 day turnaround!

06/26/2013

Theresa C.

I just had Danmer install interior shutters on two sets of windows. I was completely satisfied with the salesperson (David) and the installer (Michael). This is my second time using this company and as with my first experience, the second experience was excellent. The shutters are very high quality and the installation was seamless. Best of all, they look terrific.

Description of Work
Installed interior shutters on 2 sets of windows

04/22/2013

Sheryl C.

A year ago I had Danmer put in two shutters. I wanted to make sure that this is what I wanted for the rest of my home. In November I received a coupon for a discount for return customers. I scheduled for a designer to come back out and measure the rest of the house. The only catch in the coupon was that the shutters had to be installed after the first of the year. This was not a problem for me. The shutters were done on time and installed by the gentleman who made the shutter. He really understood my windows.

Description of Work
I finished putting in the rest of the window coverings for the rest of the my home. Danmer Shutters was great! My shutters look wonderful.

03/18/2013

LARRY R.

They measured everything in a way that I did not think to...my measurements wouldn't have worked, so I'm glad I didn't just order them from my own measurements, as they probably wouldn't have fit. Everything arrived on time and they were installed in about 45 minutes. Beautiful!

Description of Work
Plantation Shutters for our entry and living area

02/16/2013

CRAIG S.

They came out took the measurements, I knew the total amount for work to be done along with date of installation. They came out and installed. Measurements were precise and the fit was perfect. They are extremely careful to clean up afterwards. As stated before I can't stress just how great this company is, I've dealt with other and truly appreciate their great quality.

Description of Work
Can't say enough nice things about this company. I'll be using them for my sunroom windows soon. They finished the last in-house window and I've got to say even with double pane windows these shutters fit so well they not only block outside noise, but help control the indoor climate.

11/19/2012

Ronald G.

We will most likely order within the next week. We will submit further review when the job is done.

Description of Work
Got quote for plantation shutters on 11 windows. Designer was very knowledgable and helpful.

08/21/2012

Sue C.

We were pleased with the whole experience. The salesperson was helpful in giving us advice and in negotiating the final price. The person who did the measuring and installing was very thorough and professional. The company kept us notified every step of the way via e-mail and phone. All in all, it was a very pleasurable experience. Their product is not inexpensive, but in comparison to others that we considered, we felt that Danmer was worth the price. We will call them if we choose to have more shutters installed.

Description of Work
Danmer installed shutters on 17 windows in our house. We chose their Thermalite shutters instead of wood because we live near the ocean and because we were having shutters put in over the kitchen sink and in the master bathroom in addition to other windows.

12/10/2011

LOUIS R.

We signed the initial contract in mid September 20, 2011 and a representative confirmed the measurements two weeks later. The installation was scheduled for October 17. The installer arrived as scheduled, but as he began to assemble the shutters he discovered that there were problems with the measurements. The company representative rescheduled the installation two weeks later, hopefully without further problems. The second installer also found several problems when he began assembling the shutters. He was very unhappy that the order was still not right and took ownership of the situation by making sure that he returned to install the shutters properly and told us who to contact directly about the problem. At this point, my wife was very annoyed and called to make sure that the shutters would be installed before our scheduled gathering on Thanksgiving. Even though the company gave us a discount for the inconvenience, we will not call them for any future work.

Description of Work
Company designed and installed custom shutters on two sets of French doors.

12/06/2011

Denise H.

Peggy was a pleasure as usual. She provided good advice about which materials to use and how it should be mounted on the door. The installer was punctual, professional and quick. Again he left us with vial of paint in case a touch up was needed in the future. I can't recommend Danmer enough. Their shutters are not cheap but I expect them to last far into the future. The wood blinds in our home are 15 years old and are slowly breaking one by one. As they break we intend to have Danmer replace them as we know they will easily outlast the wooden blinds!

Description of Work
This is the second time we've used Danmer. This time it was to place a shutter on our back door. They showed me how they could attach it to the door which framed the window. The shutter is on a hinge which secures with a latch. It improved the look of the door and gave us a functional way to control the morning sun which streams in that window.

12/06/2011

Denise H.

Peggy (the sales person) was punctual, professional and a pleasure. She provided useful advice about color and type of blinds and we ordered the 3 sets of shutters.The install date was provided when we signed the contract. True to form, they called to schedule the installation when expected. The installer was punctual, professional, helpful and quick. In addition to cleaning up before he left, he left us with a bottle of paint for touchup in case we needed it.

Description of Work
We'd heard about Danmer on the radio for years and decided to have them quote a price for several windows that are placed high up on our walls so we could block out the sun's damaging rays. We received a quote for shutters for 3 windows - 2 in our dining room and one in our bedroom.

11/29/2011

CRAIG S.

It is a very good company. I was very impressed and very happy with the work. They went beyond. My house had been shuttered before with the exception of the kitchen windows. I had the windows installed six years ago and the company I used then actually made a mess of everything. Danmer came in and did a reconstruction around the windows so that it was airtight again. I was very impressed. They put in very high quality shutters too. They came and explained everything to me. They were on time and very clean while they installed it. They were very watchful over damaging any marble or slate that I had around the windows. They were very careful. I am planning on using them again.

Description of Work
Danmer Custom Shutters did a reconstruction and put shutters on three windows.

11/16/2011

Shardell W.

We are very happy with the work. They have a very good quality product. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed custom shutters on our windows in our dining room and living room.

11/15/2011

KIM D.

The work has been wonderful. I couldn't recommend them more. The quality is top notch and we have had no problems with this company. Their work is fabulous. The project went about as smoothly as you could imagine.

Description of Work
They installed shutters on two new doors and the windows in our dining door.

08/06/2010

Rick B.

Everything was exactly as they advertised. They were on time for their appointments. They were very courteous and very friendly. They helped us understand exactly what they do and they helped us choose what we wanted. The product was perfectly done. They were great.

Description of Work
We used Danmer Custom Shutters to measure our windows for shutters. He made and installed them.

07/25/2010

Dennis B.

Results are perfect - the shutters were expertly measured and installed. Installer came on time and completed all work in one day. These are high quality shutters - cost more than the stuff you'd get at Home Depot, but the difference is evident. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Danmer had previously installed custom shutters in our living and dining rooms. We recently had them do the same in our family room and kitchen.

07/24/2009

Pam M.

They were twice as expensive as the big box stores, but they thoroughly convinced me that it was worth the extra cost. You get a lifetime warranty, which I appreciate, and they showed me the difference in hardware and materials they use. They also provide you with a little bottle of paint if you get a chip. They are a reputable company that has been around for a long time. I prefer quality work and long-time satisfaction. I have been very happy with them.

Description of Work
They installed four shutters on my home.

06/28/2008

Eleanor H.

I needed shutters for my bedroom window. I phoned Danmer and they scheduled a representative to come the following week. I said that I needed the shutters soon, so the representative scheduled me for that week. He arrived with samples and a portfolio of information. When I asked if they had anything less expensive, he showed me other options. There was no high pressure or trying to talk me into something more expensive. The measurer arrived exactly on time, and the shutters were installed within 10 days.

Description of Work
I needed shutters in a hurry as I had company coming and needed to cover the bare bedroom windows. Most companies contacted needed 2-3 weeks. The Danmer representative came promptly and went over all the options, giving suggestions as to style and type. The installer came to measure, then installed the shutters within ten days. Everyone was very accommodating, efficient, and professional. The shutters are beautiful. They pride themselves on their service, and phoned a week or so later to see if I was satisfied with their service. Needless to say, I was very satisfied both with the quality of the service and the quality of their product.

03/03/2007

BRIAN D.

I'd say the sales process has gone much smoother than the rest of the transaction. We were offered 6 months no payments/no interest on the purchase only to find out after the order was placed that they now want 10% of the job paid for (okay, no problem, but should have been disclosed before the sales order was taken). Installer made a golf ball sized hole in our bathroom that had to be patched and painted. 5 of 24 windows had bad chips in the cutting process that resulted in them going back to the factory (an additional 3 week delay). Installer did not have an estimated time for the replacements so we called the customer service number and were treated very rudely (rep. hung up on us) and the manager had little interest in addressing this rude behavior. We ordered in January, it's March and we still have 6 windows without shutters. Quality of shutters is very nice otherwise. We interviewed 3 companies and I'm not sure I'd use Danmer again, especially at such a premium cost.

Description of Work
24 windows of plantation shutters.

10/30/2006

JENNY K.

The sales representative who came out to measure the windows was very good. It takes awhile to get these beautiful shutters but it is well worth the wait. When they came in they installed them in one day.

Description of Work
Measured and put in custom shutters throughout the whole house.

10/14/2006

CINDY O.

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and though this company is not the least expensive, they had the highest quality product. The shutters were stained beautifully and even though we do not have any standard size windows in our home, the shutters were custom cut and fit to size. The same person who measured the windows installed the shutters. The work was done efficiently and quickly and the installer provided the stain for touch-ups (just in case). I couldn't be happier. The natural wood color is beautiful. If you prefer painted shutters, they can paint them in any color, though off-white seems to be the most popular.

Description of Work
Company installed custom natural wood shutters on our sliding glass door and on all windows (5). The slider is not a normal size as it is in an area with a 16 foot ceiling.

Category window treatments

The Window Blind Connection Inc.

Installation and Replacement of Window Treatments, draperies, and wood shutters. I got started in the window covering business in 1973 with my family. During the early years of the company, we focused on manufacturing custom window coverings for our commercial accounts. It was during that time that I began to master all the facets of the business. Knowing the products, how they were assembled, installing our products with our best technicians, and most of all, how to be a business owner. This earned our company a great reputation in the industry including exemplary A+ ratings from the Better Business Bureau and many glowing testimonials from our family of clients. In 1979, I had a vision of branching out on my own, and started a retail window covering operation called, The Window Blind Connection. We specialize in Custom Blinds, Shades, Shutters, Draperies and Motorization, and we take great pride in offering the full experience for any window covering needs you desire. The full experience includes a free in-home consultation, bringing the showroom to you! We discuss design details, function and energy efficiency, light control issues, and then I assess the project on a personal and individual level. I help my clients discover the perfect solution to all their unique window covering needs, and not waste their valuable time. I develop long lasting relationships with everyone we do business with. I handle all of my clients with honesty, care and integrity. A new client is not a mere transaction, but an extension of our family. You should know, when working with The Window Blind Connection, that you will be cared for, and attended to, long after your window covering project has come to a beautiful and and successful end. We look forward to working with you, and adding you to our family! Neil Geller CEO and President

Award 2022
    Offers by The Window Blind Connection Inc. on Angi
    The Blind Spot

Serving greater Los Angeles for over 35 years, and earning OVER 200 FIVE STAR REVIEWS and a 4.8 STAR RATING on HomeAdvisor, The Blind Spot is a premier blind, shutter and drapery, repair, sales and installation company. Though humbly named, The Blind Spot can design and execute even the most elaborate of drapery design, solve difficult applications, and provide unparalleled service. We also understand that sometimes just a bit of TLC is needed and that is why we are happy to offer REPAIRS at an exceedingly inexpensive price point. We are very proud of our prompt, professional service, and hope you will allow us to be a part of your design team.

Superhero Exteriors

Need new windows in your SoCal home? Superhero Exteriors provides custom, replacement windows and doors, with a total focus on the customer experience. Whether it’s vinyl, clad, wood or fiberglass you’re looking for, our goal is to find a solution to your window upgrade. Our promise is a an honest, straightforward and pressure free experience!

Award 2022
    Free in-home consultation
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Window treatments, Shutters, Los Angeles shutters, LA shutters, Los Angeles CA shutters, Los Angeles California shutters, Long Beach shutters, Glendale shutters, Santa Clarita shutters, Pasadena shutters, Burbank shutters, Santa Monica shutters, San Fernando Valley shutters, Beverly Hills shutters, Calabasas shutters, West LA shutters, Encino shutters, Sherman Oaks shutters, Woodland Hills shutters, Los Angeles plantation shutters, LA plantation shutters, Los Angeles CA plantation shutters