Brian McCarthy & Assoc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2009

7704 Wish Ave.

Van Nuys, CA 91406

Family owned and run home remodelers and home builders established in 1993 (#668801), specializing in design/build additions, kitchens, and bathrooms, We are a full-facet support design/build team. www.brianmccarthyandassociates.com. Additional DBA - Brian McCarthy and Associates. Additional email - brian@brianmccarthyandassociates.com....

06/07/2017

Scott P.

GREAT JOB! Couldn't ask for more.

Description of Work
Brian has done multiple home improvement jobs for me. He and his crew are the best. Quality work for a reasonable price.

Category remodeling, doors

06/03/2017

Tony B.

Excellent. Brian is a pleasure to deal with. On time, efficient, fairly priced, professional and extremely knowledgable.

Description of Work
Replace 10 thresholds, hang 10 new interior doors including 2 pocket doors. Install new double front doors.

Category woodworking, doors

05/31/2017

Dan G.

The result was just about perfect in every respect. The new posts were fitted with hardware better than the original, and the exposed roof support beams fit so well that after they were floated and painted the repairs were invisible. They even added a few new pieces to prevent problems in the future.

Description of Work
In a 3-4 day job, Brian's team replaced several exterior posts and roof supports that were damaged with dry rot. This job required accuracy and craftsmanship in order to cut and fit the replacement parts so that they matched the originals.

Category decks, woodworking

05/30/2017

Laura W.

Apart from the actual work, one of the most important things to me in having people enter the home is trust, honesty and respect for the property. Brian is a boy scout who leaves things better than he found them when he arrived. He even filled two huge pot holes in the street in front of our house while working here. He is the only contractor I have ever felt comfortable with handing over the key to my house. I have two large dogs and he even retrieved one from the neighbor for me when I wasn't home and a different contractor doing separate work on the exterior of the house left the gate to my yard open allowing the dog to escape. He comes up with simple and creative solutions to things I am ready to tear apart to fix saving a lot of money. He even alerted me to the fact that the contractor who did my flooring (I found them not through him) was at fault for the pipe that burst after the flooring guys put a nail through it while installing baseboards. I wasn't aware of the standard building codes the flooring guys had violated and was able to be reimbursed over $9,000 with this information in hand, for the cost of repairing the bathroom it flooded below. Another of my BIGGEST complaints with other contractors is that they never show up when they say they will. In all of the work Brian has done over the years he or his guys have never simply failed to show up. They stick with the job and never leave to do other work if there are things that can be done to keep the project moving along.

Description of Work
We have had a number of things done around the house from complete down to studs remodels of master bath and kitchen to smaller fix it things and even painting the entire exterior of the house.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

05/30/2017

bruce D.

Went great- quality work, on time, at fair price... courteous and efficient...

Description of Work
Various home improvements... including repairing a floor, painting home interior and exterior, resurfacing wooden cabinets...

Category remodeling, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

05/26/2017

James P.

Very well.

Description of Work
Converted two smaller rooms into a home office. Installed latches on kitchen cabinets. Supervised removal of old built-in gutters and replacement with new gutters, including patching of stucco. Installed Jacuzzi tub in bathroom.

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/03/2016

Grace N.

06/02/2014

Linda O.

Description of Work
Brian was referred to me by Valley Sash and Door to replace 2 very large problem windows. Instead he is in the process of trying to address the problems to save the windows, which I appreciate. He also installed security wedge stops on several windows, adjusted a loose door knob, unstuck a window, and helped me with a problem screen. I'm very pleased.

Category decks, fencing, woodworking, doors

05/12/2014

robert S.

He did the right work, he's very responsive and reliable. He also is very easy to work with and I'm very pleased with everything.

Description of Work
Brian McCarthy and Associates provided me a door installation service.

Category doors

04/24/2014

richard K.

I called Brian for help with water leaks at two exterior doors. He came out the next day, on time, and evaluated the situation. He explained what he could do and how he could improve the situation. He also was candid that he couldn't guarantee there would be no further leaks but that he would certainly be able to improve the condition of the doors to minimize and, hopefully, eliminate any further leaks. I appreciated that frankness. He got back to me with an estimate promptly, and gave me a reasonable hourly estimate for the work with a not-to-exceed figure. I asked him to go forward with the project and the work was scheduled promptly. Brian and his assistant Kyle showed up on time, and were very careful of the floor and walls as they were bringing tools and walking through the house. They explained items I asked about as the job progressed, and finished ahead of schedule and for a good bit less than the not-to-exceed estimate. I appreciated how hard they worked to give me the best result while minimizing the cost to me. I found Brian to be honest and candid about the work and what he could and could not promise for results. I also appreciated knowing that, even in a worst case situation, the charge would not exceed a certain amount. Brian left my home in spotless condition and I am very happy with the quality of his work. In fact, I was so pleased that, after finishing the job, I asked Brian for estimates to do a few other home repair/maintenance projects.

Description of Work
Repairs to eliminate water leaks at exterior doors.

10/03/2013

Todd M.

He's great. I've never had a bad experience with him from little to big jobs. They are always good.

Description of Work
I used Brian McCarthy and Associates for finished carpentry work.

01/17/2012

RON C.

Since I had used Brian's services before, I was confident that he was the man to build our deck. I called him, he came to our house and looked at the location, described what work he would do and offered an estimate of the cost. Within a day or two his crew was hard at work. Our beautiful wooden deck was finished quickly, and the cost came in under the estimate. His workmen were courteous, got right to work upon their arrival, and cleaned up before they left. A very good experience with this outfit. I recommend Brian McCarthy wholeheartedly.

Description of Work
Having used Brian McCarthy a couple of years ago on a major remodel, I had no hesitation in calling him to construct a wooden deck, and a gated fence for our driveway. Mr. McCarthy's work was of very high quality, was finished promptly, and the cost was reasonable and fell within his estimate. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Brian McCarthy and Associates for any of your household needs.

Category decks, fencing, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Chimney Sweep Masters

Carroll Painting

We are a family owned and operated painting and pressure washing company. Our company has been in our family for 30 years. We strive to have the best customer service and treat your project like it was our own. We specialize in interior and exterior painting, stucco repairs, and we do all of our own carpentry work. We offer free estimates! Call us today !

House Painting Inc

Additional Phones - (800) 540-6004, (818) 957-1202, (626) 350-1578, (310) 477-9667, (818) 888-1857, (310) 540-5005, (323) 730-0544. Award wining. 10 employees. Over 730 happy reviews from Angie's List members. Please visit our website at www.housepaintinginc.com

MasterCard, Check, Visa, PayPal

Family owned and operated General Contractor, proudly remodeling and building in Southern California for over 22 years.