Install, Maintenance, Repair

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

AZ Air Conditioning and Heating

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2005

7640 Tobias Ave

Van Nuys, CA 91405

AZ Air Conditioning and Heating offers great residential HVAC, plumbing, and indoor air quality services in Los Angeles, CA and the surrounding areas. Contact our team today to schedule any plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or indoor air quality services that you may need. Premium Lennox Dealer...
Furnace Replacement  project
Furnace Replacement

HVAC Companies

202190501

marlon A.

I use their service a lot. The service was great. they were punctual, professional, and know what they were doing. I would rate them A+

Description of Work
Maintenance and installation of the AC.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are thrilled to know we performed a stellar job for you and your family. We appreciate the feedback.

Guy B.

I love this company. They were honest, very professional, and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They fixed and installed a new A/C unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for choosing AZ air conditioning and heating. We appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to serving you again. Take care, and stay safe. -The AZ team

Orit P.

They were great. It was nice. They have great service. They were great people.

Description of Work
They did regular service on my ac.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for continuing to use our services. We are honored to have you as one of our valued members. Take care and stay safe.

01/26/2021

Alice J.

Well, great job, very knowlageable, courteous and efficient

Description of Work
AC repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We thank you for choosing AZ air for all of your HVAC needs. We look forward to serving you again.

01/26/2021

orit P.

Very efficient and clean job. I felt that I can trust this company and I will definitely recommend them to my friends

Description of Work
New air condition system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for choosing AZ air as your HVAC service provider. We appreciate your business and the vote of confidence to recommend our company to your friends. We look forward to serving you again.

11/13/2019

Deborah R.

They are reliable, they show up on time. They do the job. they are quick and clean up.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance on Hvac system

12/17/2017

DAN K.

They installed a new HVAC 5 years ago. The price was average. They were puctual and clean. Installation was not exactly smooth--the first unit they brought over didnt fit into the space and another model had to be used. it seems like they should have known about that initially. My main problem with them is that while most service techs that came out for yearly maintenece were honest and forthtight, the last one I had at the end of the warranty period was focused on upselling additional equipment and service after the warranty expired. That guy outright lied to me about nonexistent problems, which I proved to him to be incorrect, and then he went away frustrated. Due to this one bad experience, and my warranty ending on the HVAC I purchased, I will not use their services again and will switch to other service providers on Agies List.

Description of Work
New heater/air conditioner and subsequent yearly maintenance

08/18/2017

Julie D.

We have a bi-annual contract with them and they come out twice a year to service our units. They do an excellent job. I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
A/C Service

07/05/2017

WILLIAM D.

We are now 7 months since the installation and still do not have final approval. The first inspection failed since they did not get a structural engineering report before putting the furnace the attic. It also failed since they did not provide appropriate attic access to the furnace. The most recent inspection was on 7-3-2017 and it failed again. The inspector says there must be a firewall barrier in the attic between the attic area over the garage and where the furnace is installed. AZ is now refusing to remedy this situation and is leaving us with an system that may be a fire/safety hazard and has not final permit approval

Description of Work
We found this company at a Costco Kiosk selling the Lennox HVAC systems. We signed the contract on 11-7-2016 and it was installed on 11-10-2016. The contract included that the company (AZ Air) would obtain the appropriate permits and pass final inspection on everything. Our old 2-zone system had 2 furnaces in the garage on 2 compressors outside. The new unit they installed had a single furnace put in the attic and a single compressor outside (but still 2 zones). Since it was through Costco we thought this would be a quality job.

04/25/2017

Bita O.

Just one technician. Jessie. Always been servicing. His work is good. Nice and clean. Very prompt and professional. Everything is great around him.

Description of Work
Service the unit. Change the filter.

04/25/2017

Bita O.

AZ Air was great, but I had a bad install. I have leaks. Every other year, I still have a stain in my ceiling, and they have to come fix it. Their job was great, just their install was bad. I love my AC, and the work. The install has been leaking. I had a brand new roof. I did this the same time with the brand new fifty year roof. You would think I wouldn't have the problem. They blame the roofer. They were the one who finished the job. The roofer had us up on the roof. Everyone was there. They were suppose to do it right. I gave them a chance. They had a chance to do it again. I have leaks. Every other year I have leak in my ceiling. It was installed on the roof.

Description of Work
It was air and heat installation.

03/18/2017

LeRoy N.

They went through another company. This company was contracted to do the work through the other company.

Description of Work
They replaced a furnace and some of the duct work that went down under the house was separated and they had to replace that. It was in a space in the wall but they couldn't get to. They couldn't repair it, they had to replace it.

03/18/2017

LeRoy N.

At that point we decided that one of my furnaces needed to be replaced. They had previously replaced my upstairs furnace and installed air conditioning. I have been using them ever since they installed my first service.

Description of Work
They came out for the annual inspection service.

01/20/2017

Ellie R.

I delayed writing this review until both the air conditioning and heating portions of our new HVAC system was evaluated (July for A/C; December - January for Heating) It is hard to believe you can still find high quality and reliable people these days, and thanks to Angie’s List and Costco, you still can. We contracted to have a new HVAC system installed in our house and AZ Air’s price was almost the same as two other bids. Their installation team consisted of five to six people who worked a 12 hour day to complete the job. They laid out all the equipment and hardware in the back yard so everything was visible and easily accessible. They worked as a unified team with a team leader coordinating the entire installation, each knowing what to do and guided by their lead man. When it was necessary, they asked questions before proceeding to avoid any problems. The new HVAC system was installed in July, 2016 and at the completion of the installation, they performed a functional check of both the air conditioning and the heating operations. A few days later, AZ Air’s Quality Team reviewed the installation of all equipment and checked the performance and settings of the entire HVAC system. Having the HVAC installed in July, we didn’t have the opportunity to check out the heating system portion and the air flow balance for each room until the weather turned cold in December. As one might guess, it is very unusual to hit everything perfectly the first time. In this light, AZ Air was extremely cooperative and responsive in scheduling a time to have their technician return to make the required adjustments to achieve the desired air flow balance. Although it took several callbacks to resolve adequate heating of the primary bathroom, the most significant factor was AZ Air’s commitment to resolve this problem. A decision was made as part of their final callback to increase the dust size to the bathroom from 5” to 7” and change the location of where the duct was attached to the plenum. We very much appreciated the techs who asked good questions and answered any we had. In addition, we also recognized and appreciated the support we received from Monique and Flower in their follow up of our emails. It was definitely good customer service. Just as supportive and responsive as the Installation and Quality Teams was the Rebate Group. They provided the necessary documentation for us to obtain Federal, State and local utility energy rebates.

Description of Work
Install a new HVAC system

10/11/2016

Jordan L.

Very fast and very high quality work. They have a large team, with specialists every aspect of the job.

Description of Work
All new HVAC and insulation. Also installed a radiant barrier too inside of roof (attic).

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

09/29/2016

Stephen C.

5.0 star rating 9/28/2016 I'm the worst customer that a contractor would ever want to encounter. I've worked in the construction trade and I know good from bad. I'm not going to say that my experience was perfect, but I will say that I received the best customer service that I could have hoped for. The manager Anna took care of all of my issues....professionally and quickly. I always felt like the contractor cared and did whatever they could to make me feel like they truly cared about me. I would recommend AZ to anyone who was having a home climate control system installed. Whoever hired Anna got very lucky.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of home heating system.

09/29/2016

Stephen C.

Description of Work
Replacement of home heating system.

07/08/2016

Marlene B.

The 5-man crew arrived on time at 8 a.m. and went to work immediately. They put down drop clothes to protect my floors and covered my furniture with plastic. There was very little talking among the men as they worked. With the exception of a short lunch break they worked continuously until after 7 p.m. to finish the job. Their clean-up was very good. There was slight damage to a window screen during placement of the compressor but AZ promptly offered to reimburse me the cost for replacement. The day following installation a 2-man team arrived on time and spent almost 2 hours going over all the work that had been done. Then they thoroughly tested the system to insure it worked correctly. I would recommend this company to anyone in need of a new system or repair of an old system. Their customer service was exceptional. I dealt with Christine who listened to all my questions prior to installation and answered all the questions. She provided outstanding customer service. both before and after the installation.

Description of Work
Removed old air ducts, air conditioner and furnace and installed all new air ducts, new furnace and air conditioner.

11/02/2015

Amir A.

Extremely Disappointed! I made an appointment to get an estimated for a new package unit system two weeks in advance as they claimed they didn't have an earlier appointment. I called them the day before to confirm and they confirmed our appointment (usually companies call to confirm but since I didn't hear from them I did). On our Saturday we stayed home waiting for their guy to show up. Nobody called/showed up. I called them half an hour later, a guy told me that he will have the technician to call me right away! No call! I called again and this time a lady picked up and she said she will find the owner and have him call me. No Call! And two days passed, still no call. I hate these type of companies who don't show basic respect to their customers! I am sure that they would do a low quality job if we had hired them.

Description of Work
They simply didn't show up for the appointment we made 2 weeks in advance. They even didn't bother to call.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Our standard policy related to estimates is to call the customer the day before an estimate to confirm the date/time. This process allows the client and estimator to know the meeting will occur at the agreed date/time. Unfortunately, our telephone records do not indicate that we received any telephone calls from you confirming the estimate. However, we regret that you missed our appointment confirmation telephone call on 10/30/2015 @ 11:22am. When we did not receive a response from you, we did not attend the estimate. We want you and all of our customers to know that we are still here, providing the same exceptional service, just as we have been for the last 30 plus years. Our goal is to help meet your homes heating and cooling needs. We always appreciate feedback from our customers because it provides learning opportunities for us to improve. Thank you.

10/28/2015

Helen J.

All went great. Actually AZ is who Costco contracts through, the sales rep came out and spent about 3 hours explaining in detail what they would do. Dushaun was great, we asked, he answered and was proud to show their Angie's List A1 rating. We had another quote but liked AZ best and the price as well. We signed the contract on September 10, 2015, it was installed on September 15, 2015 - and in one day! Late that afternoon we had A/C, hooray!!! It had been hot here in Camarillo for several weeks and even hotter in most places in Southern CA so we were thrilled and have been ever since. Hard to believe we waited so long to do this but obviously the time was right. We moved here 27 years ago. Our home had no A/C, in fact at that time it was said that only about 5% of homes did actually have it. For the longest time the weather really was perfect in Camarillo...but then it started getting hotter in the summer for longer periods of time and colder in the winter. So about the job, AZ arrived about 9AM, removed the old furnace, ran electrical in the attic through to the location in the backyard where the unit would be placed, installed all equipment, ran a copper line for evaporation from the coil to our washing machine drain, installed new Honeywell programmable thermostat, put the app on my smart phone, added another air intake vent. There were also complicated things they did to make all this happen as well . They loaded old equipment and debris, showed us and explained to us how things work. Each and everyone of them were polite, professional, clean...Pedro, Andres and Ivan were three of the techs here that day. It went so smoothly we would not hesitate for a moment to recommend AZ to anyone based on our experience!

Description of Work
Replaced 40 year old Lennox furnace with a new Lennox and added Lennox air conditioning system. The old Lennox furnace still worked but was not compatible with A/C so we did not hesitate to choose Lennox equipment for this project.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our service. AZ Air Conditioning and Heating understands that our customers are the essential part of our business and we genuinely value your opinion.

09/24/2015

Kathy S.

Michael Santa Maria was incredibly knowable, walked us through everything from start to finish. This was going to be a huge project and we were very concerned about spending the money. After walking us through everything we decided to do it. Michael had a team here including a crane removing the old unit and bringing in the new unit. He stayed the entire day, into the evening, ending about 10pm. The system is amazing - and my only concern is that it's too cold. (nice problem to have). He also took the time to walk us through the unit and hooking us up remotely. I would highly recommend Michael and AZ to anyone - spending this kind of money is a huge commitment and you want this type of service.

Description of Work
A/C was old and broke down. Had to replace entire unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AZ Air Conditioning and Heating thanks you for allowing us to serve your home's needs, it is our pleasure.

09/12/2015

Doyle C.

Mike did a phenomenal job explaining the issue and what to expect down the line due to the age of the unit. Gave me an angie's list discount. Would do business with them again. Thanks Mike!

Description of Work
Replaced a fuse on the AC condenser

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AZ Air Conditioning and Heating is just as dedicated to maintaining your home’s HVAC system, as we are when we install it. Thank you for your business we appreciate it.

09/10/2015

andrew R.

We had a Lennox XC-25, 4-ton unit with a matching furnace installed the other day. AZ brought a team of seven men and worked non-stop until the job was done. They were all wearing headlamps after sunset to finish. They removed the 25 year old Rheem AC, furnace, ductwork and all the grills. Installed everything new, turned the system on and it works perfectly. Best parts: wiring, ductwork, piping...everything is plumb, square, level, neat. When I looked at the wiring inside the unit I very well could have been looking under the hood of a Lexus. Second best part: They cleaned up every last shred of debris (including the insulation bits from the wire striping).....on top of all of this, they are all very nice people. They are not the cheapest....I had four quotations before going with AZ. When it comes to HVAC work, I have learned that the single most important indicator of success is the quality of the installation. Getting the right size unit, with the right airflow into each room, with properly located returns, etc., etc. makes all the difference. Before we had this work done, our existing unit, while 25 years old, was working fine (just a bit noisy). After the first night in our quiet, cool comfortable house the family said, "why didn't you do this before?" (with smiles on their faces). Also, this Lennox XC-25 is a marvel. The compressor box is massive but almost silent. I used a sound meter app on my iPhone to measure the sound level of the old unit (I did that while while Marlon, their Ops VP, was here) at 56 db in our kitchen. Now? It measures 41 db.... The LG refrigerator is louder than the AC.

Description of Work
Removed 25-year-old Rheen A/C, furnace, all ductwork and grills. Relocated the new A/C to a pad in the backyard, installed all new ductwork, grills, wiring, etc.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing

AZ Air Conditioning and Heating appreciates your comments about the installation. We never forget, that your satisfaction is the most important element of the entire installation process, and our highest priority.

08/07/2015

Kellie M.

I made an appointment from the Costco vendor for the installation of A/C, salesperson came out, spent more time giving me a sales pitch with a whole binder of information. Price given to me was $24K, stating there is an initial visit discount of 10%, bringing the price down to just under $22K. He did say Costco gives cost cash equal to 15%, but that was the price I got. Had another company come out, price quoted was $18K, but it included a bigger A/C unit, 2ton to 3 ton and double the vents in the house installed and price was still lower and that was not all, they also communicated to me the rebates that the manufacturing provides on their product of around $700 and another rebate from the state of CA for around $1800, which AZ never mentioned. I actually feel like AZ would have done a great job with the install and been comparable with this other company, but I don't appreciate the dishonesty of not communicating rebates that should be offered to the customer. When I mentioned the rebates to the sales person and that I don't recall him communicating them to me, he never even responded back to me.

Description of Work
Did not end up going with this vendor, only had a consultation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your feedback about the recent consultation and we appreciate your right to voice your concerns on Angie’s List. However, if you perceived that there was an issue with our comfort consultant’s performance, we would have appreciated the opportunity to work together to resolve and clarify any aspects of the estimate that were unclear. We believe that we could have resolved the issues without any misinterpretations. We stand behind our comfort consultant’s performance, because we know that they are some of the best trained representatives in the industry. We also stand behind our 30 plus years of experience providing some of the best customer service in our industry. We believe there may have been a misinterpretation and some things may have been taken out of context, and we feel that occurred because we did not have the opportunity to help you understand the estimate, prior to your Angie’s List review. For example, you mention “another rebate from the state of CA for around $1800, which AZ never mentioned”. However, if this is an energy upgrade CA rebate, it is impossible to obtain, because that requires replacing equipment, and your home required a (full-cut-in) completely new installation. This is why it was not mentioned. We would really appreciate the opportunity to; explain any issues that were unclear during estimate process. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Customer Relations Manager

07/05/2015

William & Eileen B.

Tech: Alfredo Bautista. Called to update arrival time. Was professional, patient, thorough.

Description of Work
Thermostat adjustment, review of how to use thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for allowing us to provide you with professional service. We appreciate our customer’s feedback.

A&E Commercial Equipment Repair

We Provide Service And Repair of any kind Dehumidifiers, HVAC/AC systems And Commercial appliances. Please reach out to us directly at 818-433-7797.

Trinity Appliance Services

We make your convenience our main goal as we ensure that your appliances are performing at their best. Trinity Appliance Services is oriented on your complete satisfaction with the final result of our work. We only use Original Parts with our Repairs. We are here to help you! We are an essential business which is on duty 24/7 365 days a year. We wear face masks, gloves and special uniform during Pandemic Covid-19 for your safety.

Offers by Trinity Appliance Services on Angi
    Advanced Attic Solutions

Your safety is our top priority, that's why we provide the highest quality service in the industry! INSULATION AND DECONTAMINATION SPECIALIST MAKING YOUR HOME SAFER BY AVOIDING POISONS OR NON-TOXIC CHEMICALS Advanced Attic Solutions is one of the leading attic and insulation cleaning, decontamination, attic repair, insulation replacement, and maintenance team in the Greater Los Angeles Area. We are based in Los Angeles and proudly service a 100 mile radius providing rodent removal solutions to maintain homes safe, clean, and healthy for your family. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured specialist that are passionate and looking forward to helping our clients attain a sustainable, energy-efficient, and clean environment. At Advanced Attic Solutions, our goal is to help homeowner's enjoy the comfort of their own home by taking care of extremely hot and cold temperatures and creating a properly insulated and ventilated home to enjoy. Contact us for a FREE estimate, **New LADWP Insulation Rebate Program Get up to 80% OFF the cost or $1/sq.ft. OFF Attic Insulation**

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    California
    California: Contractors
    04/30/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

AZ Air Conditioning and Heating offers the best selection of Heating and Air Conditioning Units. Furnaces, Condensors, Tankless (Gas/Electrical) Water Heaters, Whole House Exhaust Fan, (Electric / Solar) Attic fan's, Whole House Water Filtration Systems, Insulation, Complete Air Quality Testing and products, System Preventive Maintenance, Repairs and Replacement systems.