AutoAid & Rescue

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 2009

AAA approved auto repair & maintenance service, collision and auto body repair, body shop, paint. We help pay your deductible. Family owned & operated. Award winning. Additional Phone Number: (818) 305-6632

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Steven K.
05/02/2017
They got back to me promptly, gave me multiple options, then completed the work on time and at the agreed upon price. They communicated with me at every step of the way. Extremely professional.
Description of Work
Auto air conditioning was not working. They put in Freon and did a full A/C maintenance service.
Natasha Z.
07/08/2016
They greeted us warmly, took care of everything for the cars in a timely manner, kept us informed the whole time what was happening, electronically sent us all the records, honored our Angie's List coupon without us purchasing anything in advance, and even gave our baby gifts! It was a lovely, unexpected experience.
Description of Work
This delightful family-owned business made getting an oil change fun.
Hugh B.
01/18/2016
Great service throughout they replaced the starter to my car at a fairly reasonable price. Had no problems with them and they got the job done as I haven't had any problems with my car since. Thanks
Description of Work
Replaced the starter to my car

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your kind review on AngiesList Jack
Janeen M.
11/29/2015
I had been pleased with their work on my 1st visit and repair, and gave them a very good review, but now I have a different opinion. They replaced a broken windshield. The first day I drove it in the pouring rain, my windshield wiper fell off and then I discovered the window was not sealed in one corner. I took my car back and they fixed it right away. One time as I was leaving Auto Aid my left hand turn signal was not working so I had to turn around to go right back. They did something to fix it, but didn't tell me there was a problem. I thought something had just gotten disconnected when they were working on my car, but soon after my blinker went out. I always ask them to check the car over for problems. After all the work was completed my car's steering was still making a humming noise, I took it back. They told me it was the power steering pump they had replaced. This happened twice and to their credit they replaced it on guarantee. After replacing the pump the second time and still having the noise, I asked if it wouldn't help to re-bleed the system for air and was told yes, but it was suggested to me, to try a special fluid to flush the system instead, at my cost of $79.97, I was told it might or might not help. it did not help. The last time they changed the pump they used a different company, but my car did not receive a re-bleed. It is better but still makes a noise. The day I picked it up I could still hear the noise, but I was told it was gone. My idle was running high and I had to take it back again. I guess they just do not here these things when test driving. They had my car a long time to repair it, they always keep it a long time. My car is old, but only has 93,000 miles on it, so I understand it does take a little longer to get parts, but not that long, but I didn't want to rush them. I feel if it was a newer car they would get the work done faster. I do appreciate the ride and pickup they offer. After having over $4,500.00 work done on my car since 12/2014 at Auto Aid, one would expect it to run better. The car vibrates when warming up and the idle is still not right. They are very nice but I would prefer the work get's done correctly the 1st time. I have had to take it back so many times. I would only go there now because of the guarantee
Description of Work
Power steering pump. Rack & Opinion, brake drums, new radiator, transmission hose, oil, lube & filter change, replace broken windshield.
Category
auto repair, transmission repair, auto glass
Julie L.
10/30/2015
After the cost for the engine replacement they offered me multiple other items at parts only and no additional labor cost. The only labor I was charged for beyond the engine replacement was an oil change and some other minor maintenance issue on tire pressures.
Description of Work
Engine replacement, clutch replacement and a few other things I cant remember right now.
auto repair, car tires
Pilar E.
09/27/2015
They are nice, honest, and clean. You could probably save a little money going elsewhere, but I love their professionalism and great work. Plus, their fast wifi and clean restroom/waiting area really add great value to their business. These guys are my go-to.
Description of Work
I love this place.
Petty D.
09/20/2015
These guys are great I've referred both friends and family to them and have heard nothing but great things. They are honest and affordable, they offer a AAA discount and are always mailing coupons for birthdays or just because :) They definitely know how to treat their customers and are always very helpful
Description of Work
....
Alisa H.
09/15/2015
I went there for my car's headlight because I saw many good reviews about them and I felt they are nice and good.They checked my car and show me the price that was little expensive. After I paid the price I felt that was not right price, but they asked me to visit and took time to explain why that was expensive and I appreciate it.
Description of Work
AutoAid & Rescue
Mark K.
09/14/2015
My dear friends at Auto Aid, as always you did a Great job on my car. I wish more people knew how good you are...
Description of Work
Great job
Sarah S.
09/01/2015
Description of Work
Brake job
John B.
08/29/2015
THEY SUGGESTED THE PROBLEM WAS OVER $800.00 BUT WHEN I TOOK IT TO A 2ND MECHANIC IT WAS $250.OO
Description of Work
CHECK JEEP ENGINE FOR A PROBLEM
Lyon R.
08/12/2015
I recently met Jack and he is the real deal. He is genuine and dedicated in what he does. I would strongly recommend his shop. He does auto repair and collision care.
Description of Work
Auto
Gracie P.
08/08/2015
Guys were great assisted me fast told me what it would cost for me to fix the problem which they said it was the starter. I was ok with it they they went ahead did the repair and sure enough the problem was fixed. Great job by these guys.
Description of Work
Replaced the starter to the car
Lydia Y.
07/31/2015
I went there often and best and honest people works there I would high recommend and I won't going anywhere else. This is best five stars!!!
Darci B.
06/29/2015
I was trouble with my car found these guys and they found that my timing belt needed to be replaced so they did. Wonderful job by these guys thank you.
Description of Work
replaced timing belt
Dimitri V.
06/29/2015
Unprofessional and unfriendly. I didn't even get a chance to explain the problem I was experiencing with my transmission. All i wanted was a best and worst case scenario, a rough idea of what might be wrong, based on their experience with similar transmission problems, and a very rough ballpark cost estimates whether it's a minor issue or major one. Of all the providers I've contained on Angie's List this one was the lest helpful and most unfriendly. I'm not going to drive one hour through traffic with a damaged transmission to get answers to simple questions.
Description of Work
Re transmission problem: Provider was unwilling to answer any of my questions over the phone.
Carlyn M.
06/16/2015
They were good went to get an oil change then as they were inspecting it for free they noticed I needed a new air filter so I went right ahead and decided to get it done with. They also noticed that the light in the back needed to be changed we had seen it couple days before but had totally forgot about it good thing they found that too and replaced that as well. The price was not great but ok overall though they helped me big by finding everything and replacing them thanks.
Description of Work
They changed our oil, put in a new air filter, changed one of our lights in the back
Shawn C.
05/19/2015
the car is doing good works very well so they did great at getting the job done. They were great other than I felt like it took a little long for what they were doing and the price a little high as well but at least the job was done and I didn't really have any problems with them would probably come back for more of their service.
Description of Work
Replaced the starter and timing belt and added coolant to the car
Nathaniel B.
04/30/2015
had to go replace the windshield cause the neighbors kids were playing catch and got our car on the windshield luckily I was just on the way to the car when I saw it happen so i got to see that it was an accident so I didn't make a big deal about it. I had heard about Auto Aid and Rescue trough a friend so that's why I took my car there and it was easy work for them they said they do this often. They rotated and checked the air pressure on the tires for free so that was cool they did a great job so $300 for a a new windshield was easy to pay thank you auto aid and rescue.
Description of Work
Replaced our cracked windshield and rotated as well as checked the air pressure on the tires at no extra charge
Category
auto repair, car tires, auto glass
Elizabeth S.
04/22/2015
They are very pleasant to work with, accommodating, and did all the necessary repairs to put an older car back in working order. I gave them all "A"s, but I must admit that I often have difficulty saying whether a price is fair or not for a service I rarely have done. I did give them an "A" for price, and I do believe the price for what they did was fair. However, it's a blind item for me. In fact, perhaps the rating system for price on Angie's List might need some tweaking, such as the choice of a question mark or "seemed fair". How do I know what the standard price for brakes, plumbing pipe replacement, etc. is supposed to be, when I never have a basis for comparison, and have never had it done before? I recently had major pipe relining in my house. It cost $15,000 - not a small amount. Is that a good price? How can I know? It's not like a pound of apples.
Description of Work
Brakes replaced, etc. Not sure of all the repairs, but was on an old Ford van.
Dora A.
03/03/2015
They were excellent. Everybody who helped me they were very attentive and they described what was happening to my car. They showed it to me. They helped me and actually with a flashlight showed me what the problem was. They mentioned that if I want to think about it that I can come back again or decide not to do it or find some place out to go and I just left my car there. My car is working perfect.
Description of Work
Auto service, I did I think it's called Aid Auto on Van Nuys.
Karla K.
02/02/2015
Honestly, I've never been to a mechanic even half as good as these guys. They were so friendly and helpful. And, the waiting are for customers was so clean! Most mechanic's garages have a crappy little area with old, dirty seats. This one had a really nice water fountain and a small section for little kids. The bathroom even had one of those Koala Kare fold down changing tables. It's family owned and you can tell they take pride in their garage. I was in and out in 30 min. Best mechanic experience I've ever had.
Description of Work
Oil change.
Steve S.
01/06/2015
It went great the guys are good at there job replaced the windshield and felt like the price was very reasonable. Hopefully next time I decide to drive on dirt road this doesn't happen again.
Description of Work
They replaced the windshield to our car there was a big crack starting from one side going down to the middle
auto repair, auto glass
Isaac O.
12/23/2014
The guy was very cool was able to handle it real easily great job will probably return.
Description of Work
Replaced the belt on the on the alternator and checked the brakes for me
Arthur M.
10/01/2014
The experience was fine; it was very good. They did a perfectly good job and the work was done well. The insurance was terrible making arrangements, but this company did a nice job. This was the first time I used them and it came through the insurance company.
Description of Work
It was for my daughter's car because she got a fender bender.
auto body repair

Discover
PayPal
Financing

FAQ

AutoAid & Rescue is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

AutoAid & Rescue is open:

AutoAid & Rescue accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Yes, AutoAid & Rescue offers free project estimates.

Yes, AutoAid & Rescue offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, AutoAid & Rescue offers emergency services.

Yes, AutoAid & Rescue offers warranties.

AutoAid & Rescue offers the following services: Repairs, Emissions Repairs, Auto Electrical, Smog Repairs, Transmission And Engine Repairs, Tires, Alignment, Auto Glass

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Omega Automotive

(16)

Omega Automotive

The independent automotive shop was established in 2001 by Carlos and Guille Menjivar and won the Super Service Award in 2013. Our company, Omega Automotive (formerly Omega Transmission), is in Northridge, CA. We offer honest and transparent car repair services to residents and businesses in the greater Los Angeles County area, blocks away from California State University at Northridge (CSUN), the Northridge Fashion Center, and just minutes from the 101, 118 and 405 Freeways. The Omega automotive family expanded in 2010 to include Northridge Body Shop, an auto body repair and collision facility. This affords Omega the opportunity to provide complete mechanical and body shop services for all passenger vehicles including cars, small trucks and vans with the capacity for up to 15 passengers. Today, the Omega family consists of seven employees including Carlos and Guille, two service writers and three technicians. The bi-lingual staff provides customers with personalized and friendly service. Most services can be done the same day and repairs are backed with a 24 month or 24,000-mile warranty. The Menjivars are ardent supporters of community events. Carlos donates his time to the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) and the Greater Van Nuys Rotary. Both are active in their church. Carlos is also a member of the North Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce, Valley Business Professionals and Inside Track, while Guille is affiliated with the Woodland Hills Chamber Women’s Circle and the Women’s Professional Forum. Call Omega Automotive Repair today and discover a different kind of car repair facility, one where you get treated like family. *You can also make appointments online, through our website.

Steel Impression

(7)

2022 Super Service Award

Steel Impression

Steel Impression, proudly servicing Sylmar and the surrounding areas. With over 8 years experience, we are experts in our field. No project is too big or too small for us to handle. Customer satisfaction is always guaranteed. Give us a call, we can not wait to work with you!