AG Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1989 • With Angi since January 2009

14620 Keswick St

Van Nuys, CA 91405

About AG Heating & Air Conditioning For as long as people have lived in Southern California, they have had a need for quality home air conditioning and HVAC care. Our hot, dry summers and desert-like conditions can be unbearable without some relief, and with the explosion in population in the 1950s came increased demand for quality home and commercial heating and air conditioning services. At AG Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve served Southern California and the surrounding communities since 1989. We started small, like many companies do, but our dedication to high quality service at an affordable price remains unwavering. As our success continued, we have been able to expand throughout the Southland, and today we offer services to every community in the greater Southern California area. We’ve seen the industry change and our highly trained personnel have kept up with every step of the way. As a result, we can offer you the very best service for installing, repairing and maintaining your heating, cooling and indoor air quality products. Contact us today and let us show you what we can do!...

11/12/2017

Dan M.

....................................................

Description of Work
.........................................................................

08/08/2017

dave H.

The work was done well but getting the city inspection done/scheduled/rescheduled/finished has been more than frustrating. I have called numerous times (5) to speak with someone at this company. I have left messages with several different people only to be told that they will get right back to me - only to be ignored. I have had to file for an extension of the inspection with the city (AG told me I did not have to). The extension expires in one month and I cannot get anyone to speak to me about the inspection. Bad business practices and simply rude.

Description of Work
3 A/C heating units installed.

04/26/2017

Richard K.

It went very well. They did a thorough check and everything is working. They were puctunal and professional.

Description of Work
They performed standard maintenance for both my furnace and air conditioner

03/30/2017

Elliot W.

They're actually pretty quick. They showed up right on time. One person came out to complete the service and it took close to 3 hours I believe. They put the system in my house originally 10 years ago and I have been using them to maintain it ever since. I did have one other company come out just because I got the name wrong when I was trying to remember it once. They charged twice as much to do the same thing. I think it's a company trying to rip off the good name of the company I have been using.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance.

09/09/2016

Mark S.

It did not go well. With in the 1st 3 weeks the temp wouldn't go down below 76 degrees. Calling them (Rowland Air) again, they sent our another tech who saw that the pressure on one side was to high and low on the other side, they added more R22 refrigerant which kind of worked for about 2 days while they said that the compressor was going out and to replace the unit would cost $4800. They would put a "dry charge" unit in then add the refrigerant to the system for $600. After about 3 day the compressor would come on for about a 1 minute then shut off. So after 3 visits my air conditioner went from working to not working at all and they couldn't fix it with out replacing the compressor unit for $4800. I started to call around to get estimates and Steven Monroy from Home Depot came out. When I told him what was going on, he didn't even try to sell me a new unit, instead he call AG Heating and Air and asked them to send a tech out at no charge to evaluate my system. When the tech came out (his name is Nick) looked at the system, he figured it out in about 10 minutes, At 1st he though it was a valve on the hot side of the cooling coils but after setting up his analog gauges, he said that Rowland had put to much R22 refrigerant into the system (my older Carrier 4 ton system is finicky about how much refrigerant it needed). The high pressure sensor that was part of the hard start kit that Rowland Air put in kept kicking off my compressor for safety and stopping my systems from working. AG's tech (Nick) took out about 2 1/2 lbs of refrigerant and the compressor immediate came on. Our system is now working well. Thank you Steven Monroy and AG heating and Air and Nick from AG Heating and Air for helping and fixing the problem that was caused by the other guys without just trying to up sell be a new systems. BTW Nick said my compressor doesn't sound like it's going out, he said it sounds find being that it's an older piston type compressor. I guess some air conditioning company still have ethics, you don't see that to often anymore.

Description of Work
Our Air Conditioner was working but needed some maintainance so I went to Costco and they sent out Rowland Air to do the maintainance. Their 1st tech came out and asked if anything else was going on with the system. I said occasionally on startup it would trip the circuit breaker. That turn a $135 visit turned in to a $440.00 visit and the maintainance still wasn't done (they also added R22 refrigerant. They put in a new capacitor and hard start kit in. They also said our compressor was going out and that we had a blockage in the freon line.

03/02/2016

Bruton P.

They come here twice a year. It's just fine. They're fine and they're good. They've been good to me. They're pretty pricey. I feel like I got good workmanship, good craftsmanship and good installation but it wasn't cheap.

Description of Work
I get an annual service contract with them where they inspect things in the spring and in the fall to make sure everything is working fine. They did have to do a warranty service on the unit as well as the fan on the compressor condenser. They replaced the fan motor and the fan.

12/29/2015

Elliot W.

I bought a service contract from them, but they refused to honor it. I was told that the service that's clearly stated as included in the contract isn't included and that I would need to pay an additional $99 for a service call if I wanted them to come out... after paying $16 a month for over a year to have the service. Scammers. Total bait and switch. Unfortunately for them, I still have my contract and will be taking them to court.

Description of Work
It's more what they didn't do. I bought a service contract and they won't honor it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

When we reviewed your post, we sincerely wished that we could have had the opportunity to discuss this issue with you prior to your post on Angie’s List. We believe that we could have resolved the issue without involving any outside entities. We want all of our customers to know that we are here for you. Our philosophy is built on client relationships, and AG has always dealt with our clients from that perspective. There seems to be some confusion related to the exact nature of the preventive maintenance club contract. The contract that you have is exclusively for preventive maintenance. This means, either bi-annually or anally, AG comes to your home and performs a multi-point inspection of the system, and changes the filter. This is strictly an inspection and does not involve any type of repair(s). This is entirely different then a service contract, which infers that if your system/unit is not functioning, you call AG and for some nominal fee, we will provide the parts and labor to fix the system/unit. Because you have the preventive maintenance club contract; if the system’s warranty has expired then we would have to charge the $99.00 service charge plus parts & labor. However, if the issue involves parts or equipment under warranty, then the charge would be waved. Unfortunately, we would have to diagnose the issue before we could determine if the warranties still applied. Contracts can be complex in nature, especially related to the application of the warranties. This is why we encourage all of our clients to consult us prior to making any decisions about the system service, repair, or maintenance. We would still like to discuss the issue with you and that is why we left you voice messages about it. Please call us at your earliest convinces (818) 988-5388 ext. #244 so we can discuss the issue. Thank you for your post and Happy New Year.

09/19/2015

m J.

Didn't show up, didn't call.

Description of Work
Scheduled an apppointment to fix my AC; didn't show up!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning understands that our service dept. is in high demand, especially when the temperature rises, and of course, we try to see as many customers as possible each and every day. We would like to provide service calls exactly when the customer wants them, but unfortunately, that is impossible. We want all of our customers to know we will do everything we can to meet your requested date/time to provide the system with service, but if we cannot, we will offer the closest date/time to try to meet your needs. In addition, if you have made a service call appointment with us, we always call and confirm the appointment before arrival to ensure the customer is home. We think it is unfortunate that some customer do not understand that there are other customers who are also waiting, who are just as important and called for service first, and we have to maintain a schedule so we can accommodate all of our customer’s. We appreciate the opportunity to work with all of our customers, but we must adhere to the schedule process, to maintain order and service all customers fairly and evenly. Regards, John F. Karr, MBA., M.Sc. Customer Relations Manager AG Heating and Air Conditioning 14620 Keswick Street Van Nuys, CA 91405 (P) 818-988-5388 Ext: #244 (F) 818-781-1655 csr.mgr@agair.com

07/06/2015

Sherry S.

Installation was good. The installation crew was polite and professional. HERS inspection was very good. The only problem was the follow-through with the city of Santa Monica inspection. First inspection failed and needed a correction with a fuse box outside of our home. The correction took a couple of days and then another week before the Santa Monica city inspector came back to give a final "ok" for the correct fuse box. I was the one to make the follow-up calls with AG Air to make sure they had someone come back out to fix the problem with the fuse box outside of our home. Working with the city of SM is really, really difficult and very frustrating.

Description of Work
Install new condenser, strip heat/coil, and thermostat. Reconnect existing duct work to new equipment. Reconnect existing condensate pump/line/drain/overflow pan. Reconnect existing refrigerant lines. Scheduled HERS and City of Santa Monica inspections.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning considers it our responsibility to do the job right the first time. Thanks for your review and comments.

01/28/2015

Michael B.

AG provided one of 4 estimates. Theirs was competitive. Ivory was the saleperson. He was thorough, professional and respectful. He did not try to sell unnecessary items, very upfront without pressure. AG was very accommodating with scheduling. His crew worked efficiently and cleaned up after themselves. Overall, they delivered everything I asked for with no surprises. I would highly recommend based on my experience.

Description of Work
install new ducts

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning is proud of our fast and efficient installations. However, we always keep quality in mind during the entire process. We genuinely appreciate your patronage and your comments about our service.

01/16/2015

Sharon E G.

I was hesitant to use AG because of recent Angie's list reviews. I wanted to get 4 estimates, and because their overall rating was high, I included them. Dushaun came to give us an estimate. He was very professional and thoroughly explained the furnace we would need. He felt we could get by for a while with the air conditioner and ducting system we had. We decided on our own to replace our 10 year old air conditioning unit. The two teams of installers that we had over a two day period were just amazing. They were prompt, friendly and kept everything very clean during a very dirty job, They worked extremely hard all day and would not even stop to eat the snacks we provided instead they took them with them at the end of the work day. It was the crew that discovered that we needed a whole new duct system. They showed me the holes and the amazing amount of dirt that was in the ducts. Clearly, they needed to be replaced. There was some confusion over the filter system we needed and I was initially disappointed when a different crew arrived on the second day of installation. The second crew proved to be excellent and the management handled the filter issues very professionally. I was also impressed with the the call I received a couple of days after installation from John their head of Customer Relations to access my satisfaction with the job. John not only gave me a questionnaire on satisfaction, he spent a significant amount of time answering questions about the equipment. I asked him about the company's maintenance programs. I never experienced any "hard sell" regarding these programs at any time from anyone that I dealt with in the company.

Description of Work
Replaced 10 year old air conditioner and 28 year old furnace with Lennox equipment. Also replaced all of the original ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Efficient use of time is how we provide such good value to our customers. When we arrive, we are ready to install your new equipment and return your home to its original condition as fast as possible. We appreciate your comments regarding your installation.

11/14/2014

Gail H.

This was a free estimate. Edson was prompt and courteous. He thought that he would need to build a filter rack. The replacement furnace would be a Lennox brand, 70,000 BTU, 80 % efficiency. He was pleasant and professional. Said he could start quickly if it was wished. He called me and gave me his evaluation shortly after visiting the house. His price was the highest of the four bids taken.

Description of Work
evaluated existing gas forced air furnace system for a replacement furnace. He looked around and mentioned some additional things he thought would be necessary for the job.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with an estimate for your home's furnace replacement.

11/03/2014

Valerie K.

Harry came out on Tuesday and did the maintenance, and he only spent half the time that it usually takes. Assuming I didn't get all the servicing done properly. I told him when he came in that I don't get much air in the kitchen. He said he would check it. After coming back down from the attic he said the duct was "busted". That I needed to replace half the ducting or I could choose to replace all the ducting at one time. He said he would call his supervisor and get a price and try to come back the same day and do it or the office woud call me the next day. The office never called me back and I called them three times during the week and always got the same answer, we will call you back, and by Friday afternoon I gave up. I called Kilotwatt and they came out within the hour. I told them what Harry said, from AG, and that I needed them to replace half of the ducting. They said they would go up and check it. They came down and said the ducting was not busted. The ducting had just come disconnected from the holder at the joint. It took them 10 minutes to fix. They even came down with a picture on their cell phone so I could see exactly what was wrong with it. I have used this company for about 4 years and also have had them at my mother's doing servicing and repair work. I am so disappointed that this company would send out a service person like this and then they won't respond to my phone calls and just left me hanging.

Description of Work
Maintenance service.

10/25/2014

Shaun M.

Victor was professional and honest. He made me feel super confident everything was done correct and professionally.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

At AG Heating and Air Conditioning the customer is always our number one priority. Thank you for your valuable opinion of our service.

09/03/2014

PING X.

The crew were on time and professional. We are very happy about the service and would recommend to all homeowners.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Professional service is the cornerstone of AG Heating and Air Conditioning’s commitment to our customers. Thanks for your evaluation of our service.

06/17/2014

Lloyd C.

Ivory was very helpful setting up our order and the installation team were quickly and professionally took care of the equipment.

Description of Work
Re-ducting, replaced furnace, and added air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning understands timely service is essential for our customers, which is why we work efficiently for you. Thanks for your patronage.

06/13/2014

Greg M.

They did a bit of hard sell on me. In the end it paid off. It did work in my favor. They were pushy a little bit. They did really try to earn my money. They equally worked as hard on the project. They were in and out of my house and did this massive job in two days. The quality has been good and I haven’t had any problems so far. Their follow up has been great which was a big surprise to me.

Description of Work
I used AG Heating & Air Conditioning.

02/01/2014

tim T.

Very organized, professional people go out of their way to describe system to you. Done earlier than planned. Very good clean up. Explanations on programming were excellent.

Description of Work
Install heat/air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning is fast, efficient, and professional. Thanks for your comments.

01/24/2014

Richard W.

They are professional and experienced. They knew more about their products and how and where to install them compared to the others who also submitted bids. Though a five year labor warranty was supposed to be included, I did not read the small print. When they tried to sell me a service contract, I learned that the labor warranty is conditioned on purchasing a $290 per year service contract. I'd rather do the service myself and pay labor charges if there are any.

Description of Work
Removed old gravity furnace and installed a new furnace and ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning believes in providing our customers the best products and efficient professional service. Thanks for allowing us to serve you.

01/23/2014

Stewart S.

Crew arrived promptly, kept us informed and explained the product fully.

Description of Work
Installation of lennox furnace, compressor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning appreciates our customers because we never forget there is competition for your business. That’s why we value your comments about our service. Thanks for choosing us.

01/20/2014

Alice F.

Came early! 4 man crew worked all day and finished in one day.

Description of Work
Removed old HVAC system installed new HVAC and ducts.

12/12/2013

James L.

I can honestly say that this might be the best experience i've had with a contractor/company. I've gone through a lot of remodeling in many different homes with many different projects and these guys did an outstanding job from the beginning to the end. This project was actually purchase through Home depot (24 month 0% interest!) and I had no expectation of this company when I started. After filling out a form on HD's website, a lady from AG called me to set up the 1st meeting. I met with Matt and from the start, it was a great experience. He came in and gave me an estimate on the spot. After about a week and few changes from the original design due to my budget constraints, I hired them to do the job. Matt scheduled the install for the very next day! An army of people showed up at my front door on time the next morning, prepped and covered anything that they needed to, and they finished everything in 1 day. All the workers were good and professional. When they would come in the house, they had little plastic feet booties to cover their shoes which were great. These little things really show that they know what needs to be done to make the customers happy. make the long story short, it was a great experience and I really don't have any bad thing to say about these guys which is really rare in a contractor/company.

Description of Work
new AC/Heater, ducks, the whole works

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning understands that installing your system in a professional manner is very important. We take pride in our workmanship and go the extra mile for our customers.

11/27/2013

Brian M.

Workers showed up on time, were thoughtful and courtiers, explained to me everything they were doing and why and gave clear instructions on any maintenance and usage.They took care not to damage any of my things and cleaned it afterword.

Description of Work
Removed old furnace and ac, replaced with new furnace and condenser.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

AG Heating and Air Conditioning spares no expense and we never cut corners. We have the capacity to install your system no matter the size. Thank you for your business we appreciate it very much.

11/26/2013

Jan G.

On time, courteous, careful of my home, respectful. Knowledgeable--job completed on time.

Description of Work
Installation of heating/ac pkg on roof.

09/28/2013

Kris H.

Company was on time, respectful of my home, made extra careful to ensure carpet protected, and very very courteous.

Description of Work
Installation of new air conditioner

Candu Plumbing & Rooter

Home and business owners in need of reliable, high-quality plumbing services can turn to Candu Plumbing & Rooter. Our licensed, bonded, and insured company offers the repair, installation, and maintenance services you need to enjoy a clean and healthy plumbing system day in and day out. Our OSHA-certified technicians are passionate about providing peace of mind to families and businesses facing plumbing problems. Candu Plumbing & Rooter offers services for drains, pipes, toilets, sinks, sewer lines, water heaters, and a wide range of other plumbing system components. We are proud to offer up-front pricing, convenient financing options, and outstanding customer service for every project we complete.

Rowland Air Inc

At Rowland Air, we know that customer service satisfaction has always been and will continue to be the main reason for our success. We are committed to the goal of providing our customers with the most dependable, economical, and professional heating and air conditioning system available today. With continuous service since 1987, our customers can trust and depend on us to provide the expertise they need for a professional installation. At Rowland Air we understand the discomfort of having an air conditioning system go down during an extreme summer! Our air conditioning specialists are ready when you call to assist you in your time of need. Whether you have a forced air conditioning system, a heat pump, or an evaporator cooler, our service professionals can take care of any problem that may arise. We pride ourselves in being able to handle any emergency and keeping our customers cool and happy throughout the summer. Contact us today for your repairs or replacement needs! Rowland Air heating service is your local neighborhood heating specialists. Serving thousands of happy customers every year, we solved many problems that elude other heating companies. Our heating specialists are experts in servicing gravity furnaces, forced air furnaces, and heat pumps. We are often able to make repairs and/or adjustments on the spot without making unnecessary trips and wasting time. If you do need a major repair or replacement, our heating technicians can usually have the process taken care of within one or two days. Either way you have the best possible service with only minimal inconvenience. Installations Rowland Air guarantees your satisfaction with your new heating and air conditioning units. Call today for your free quote for replacements or additions. Please contact Rowland Air directly to discuss your duct testing needs. Also Serving other portions of California, Ask for details. Additional contact names - Mike Avalos, Lawrence Rowland, Scott Piccininno. Additional emails - mike@rowlandair.com, rowlandairss@aol.com, scott@rowlandair.com.

Offers by Rowland Air Inc on Angi
    West Coast Chief Repair

West Coast Chief Repair specializes in appliance repair of all major household and commercial appliances in Los Angeles. Air Conditioners, Heaters, Furnaces, Commercial Refrigerators, Household Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Garbage Disposals, Washers, Dryers, Ovens, Ranges, Cooktops, Range Hoods, and Water Heaters. 10% off labor for senior citizen discount 10% off labor for military discount 10% off labor for students discount

Offers by West Coast Chief Repair on Angi

California
    CSLB
    12/31/2019
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Discover, Financing Available

Tankless (Gas/Electrical) Water Heaters, Whole House Exhaust Fan, (Electric / Solar) Attic fan's, Water Filtration Systems, Insulation (Basement, Attic and Wall), Complete Air Quality Testing, System Preventive Maintenance, Repairs and Replacement systems.

Duct cleaning and Commercial Installations