CARPETS & MORE

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2010

4.3

2059 E MONTE VISTA AVE A

Vacaville, CA 95688

Carpets & More is locally owned by Mike Alexander and Tung Chau and we employ 10 professional Flooring Consultants and Installers that all live, contribute and rely on the local economy. Carpets & More is very active in the community and donate time and or materials to local churches and

03/23/2016

Karin D.

11/10/2015

carl C.

The Carpet/Laminate/Tile turned out looking good. My only issue with the carpet was the quality of workmanship. for example, tracks in my closet were carpeted over when they should have been removed before laying the new carpet. Also, the floor makes a loud creak in certain areas were the floor could have been repaired. The Kitchen Remodel was a nightmare. the individual who performed the work has some of the worst customer service skills that I have ever experienced. A two week project turned into a 3 month struggle where every step of the project had to be redone because the quality of work was clearly not up to par. When I questioned the work, often times the contractor liked to remind me that this is what I wanted in a attempt to place the blame on someone besides himself. When we tried to set up times for the kitchen guy to come over to finish the work that he promised, he refused to give us a time and randomly show up at our house. one of the major flaws in our kitchen that we now have to live with is the use of top cabinets at ground level to create an island. The problem with top cabinets is that they do not have a kick panel which means that the cabinets will most likely have kick marks on them in the future. When we decided to us Carpets and More for our kitchen, we were assured that their kitchen contractor was very experienced and a real professional. The last straw was when he tried to install our dishwasher and he didn't push it far enough back or level it before placing it in position. this caused the door to scratch when we closed it and leave a permanent mark that we now have to live with. Our kitchen is still incomplete to this very day and we are now forced to find another contractor to finish the job.

Description of Work
Carpet upstairs/Laminate downstairs, Tile in the bathrooms Full kitchen remodel.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

10/24/2015

Travis F.

The installation lasted three days; the first two days were concentrated on the installation of the laminate and the last day was used to install the carpet. The laminate was a challenge due to my choice in a Versailles pattern with a small grout line, but the crew managed to pull it off with a dazzling result. I took all three days off work to be there with the crew and complete some projects of my own. I must say, working alongside these guys was an experience I am truly better for and happy I had. The house was a little lonelier after they left. They gave me some excellent insight and confidence to complete some other projects as well as shared some genuine guy time...I miss them for sure. The home interior has made a positive transformation with the new floors and has already began paying me back by attracting a tenant within just a few days of advertising my house for rent. The salesmen I worked with at the store set me up for success. I have faith that the laminate will last for some time to come and will continue to pay dividends. I was sure to make it back to the store to personally thank the installation crew as well as the salesman that helped to organize the install. Thanks Tony for pulling together such an excellent team.

Description of Work
Carpet and laminate installation.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

03/22/2015

JESSE H.

A young fellow came to our house and took measurements on a Friday. He told us he would be in the store on Saturday so we come come to the store then and pick out a product. We traveled to the store from Fairfield. The young man was not in. The associate said he had taken the day off. Anyway, no alternative help was offered and we were told to just look around. So all in all a wasted day.

Description of Work
Just asked for an estimate for our home for new wood flooring throughout.

10/28/2014

Richard S.

The workers were friendly and professional, and they got the job done. However, I kept finding issues with the work such as paint drips on the floor and misaligned trim. They were happy to come back and take care of these issues, but after a while it became tiresome. Thus, I hired a completely new company to finish the touch ups.

Description of Work
They painted most of our home's interior.

Category interior painters

08/16/2013

Richard S.

We had dealt with Tung from Carpets and More over 10 years ago when they installed wood flooring at our previous home. We were very impressed with the quality of the workmanship at that time and contacted him again when we bought our new house to install travertine tile and wood flooring. While the travertine tile and wood flooring were being installed, Tung found out that we were also looking for a contractor that could repair dry wall, install crown molding, and paint the interior of the house, and asked to bid on the job. The bid was in between the high and low bids we received. We gave the job to Carpets and More based on the attention to detail that David, the head of the Carpets and More painting group, displayed when discussing the job scope. The flooring came out great as expected. The house painting part of the project came out better than our expectations. David was not only meticulous in the preparation and paint application, but made some great recommendations as to color and color combinations that really added a lot to the house. Again the commitment to a quality job, that is typical of Carpets and More, was evident in the end result. We are totally happy with Carpets and More and highly recommend them for not only flooring projects but also to painting projects as well.

Description of Work
Initial work description was to supply and install travertine tile and wood flooring in our new house. After finding out that they also did painting, we added that to the work description.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

03/25/2013

Eliz D.

Installation was scheduled for soon thereafter. Workers arrived and proceeded to spread compound without removing existing vinyl. After about 90% of the floor was covered with the first layer of applied compound, my husband reached me and I was able to contact store personnel who would insist that workers remove the applied levelling compound and remove the old vinyl. We decided to continue instead (they finished about 8PM) with installation on top of partial existing vinyl-(which the saleman had indicated was not a viable option but now was apparently the preferred installation procedure). The cost for vinyl removal was deleted from the cost as no vinyl was removed. The workers did an excellent job from an appearance point of view. The final floor looks very good and the seam is not at all visible. So we have mixed "feelings" about this experience.

Description of Work
Vinyl flooring was laid. One of the owners quoted a per square foot price that seemed very modest for removing existing vinyl and installation of new vinyl flooring. However, they do indicate that they are competitive with the big box stores. However, the salesman who came out to assess the job indicated that they could never do it for the quoted price; that even new construction without existing tear out costs almost twice as much as the quote. So we had some dissatisfaction with the totally inaccurate phone quote that was not due to misunderstanding the complexity of the job. However, we were interested in a quality job (better than reviews suggested we would get from installation via the bix box store) and had invested our time in being at home for this meeting. The salesman also indicated that the existing vinyl must be completely removed; the new installation could not proceed with smoothing a layer over the parts that still had vinyl on them. The quoted price for removing that vinyl seemed modest to us compared with the effort that we would have expended and removal of existing vinyl was clearly written on the invoice. The installation price itself may be reasonable but did not strike us as being a 'deal."

06/20/2012

Chaim Z.

I can't believe my favorite flooring company has no reviews yet on Angie's List! Luckily I found them because they had been nominated by The Reporter of Vacaville in the best of 2011 contest. New to Vacaville, I relied on that recommendation made by thousands of Solano County residents. After hiring them I began hearing countless times from neighbors and friends, "Do you know who we used... Carpets and More! They were amazing!" They've got a beautiful large showroom right near Lowe's of Vacaville with a video for children and toys for them to play with. It made a tremendous difference to my shopping experience. It was the only store my husband was willing to come along too with the kids and I didn't need to think about hiring a babysitter each time. They allowed me to bring as many samples home as i needed. If they don't have something they can still get it in for you at better prices than anywhere else. They're also willing to install a bellawood floor I'm purchasing from lumber liquidators at the same great price as if i would've purchased the flooring from them too. Mike, the owner, came out numerous time to measure anddiscuss everything from the best flooring material, to the way to lay the materials. I've never met a nicer owner and best of all his prices on materials and labor cannot be beaten! Having moved into a new house of 3,000 sq ft, with no existing flooring, it was important for me to get the best price possible... and I shopped around extensively. They take pride in their work and have only highly skilled craftsmen and most of all stand behind their work. I can't recommend them highly enough! I'll be using them for the rest of my house to install hardwood and carpeting too.

Description of Work
Tore out sheet vinyl flooring. Prepped 600+ ft of flooring with hardibacker. Laid porcelain tiles with urethane grout.

Farmer Bros Paint Works

Both in interior and exterior paint we know the time and effort it takes to complete a beautiful home paint job so we are dedicated to making our services well worth the investment. Our large experience in all fields of painting make us a good ally to develop your project to perfection. Visit us at: www.farmerbrospaintworks.com

ROONEY BROTHERS PAINTING

Family owner business since 1990. Specialize in Painting Kitchen cabinets, Bathroom vanity cabinets, stairway railings, popcorn ceiling removal, Texture walls and ceilings, Interior and exterior houses. We offer free estimates.

Award 2022
    M&C Painting

Carpets & More is a full service flooring and countertop reseller and installation company located in Vacaville, CA. We offer one stop shopping for carpeting, wood flooring, tile, vinyl, area carpets and complete installation services. We also offer a full line of counter top surfaces to complete your entire home improvement upgrade. We can match or beat any quoted price...even from the big box stores! Ask about our new carpet cleaning services and monthly discount coupons.