T & G Roofing and Solar Company

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2005

153 N 10th Ave

Upland, CA 91786

T & G Roofing Company, Inc opened in 1989 in the city of Rancho Cucamonga and moved to Upland in 1998. Even with very little advertizing our company quickly grew. To this day we attribute this to a few simple but important business principles. The first and foremost is to know the value of your customer. The customer and their opinion/referral is what will make a successful business. We treat your home with the same respect we would treat our own home. Second is to have a good relationship with your employees. We have always had an open door policy for our employees to be able to express their concerns and ideas with us. We know that your construction project will only be as good as the installers we hire. Most of installers have been employed with T & G Roofing Company, Inc. for well over a decade, in addition we have two installers that have been continually employed with us for over 20 years, and another three installers that have 15 years. We think that this speak volumes for the type of ethics we believe in. If a company treats their employees with respect and provides a good pay for an honest days work they will stay loyal and always do their best. Loyal and happy employees are who you want working on your home. We look forward to earning your business....

07/14/2021

Jeff S.

How fortunate for us that T&G Roofing also does solar installs! We had used them before for our daughter's tile re-roofing, and she was so impressed! They pointed out several corrections to previous roofing code deficiencies, issues like missing nails, screws and vents, and even added glass window "skylights" under the new vents in the garage to brighten it up. So when it came time to re-roof our house, we hired T&G to do both the re-roofing and adding a new solar cell system. Their approach uses a 35-year composite (shingle) roof under the solar cell area, even with a tile roof, as it makes the system more watertight, and the solar wiring conduits are hidden by running them through the attic. The 3-man roofing team synchronized well with the 3-man solar team, and both were always prompt, friendly, and cleaned up nicely each night. And their solar monitor software is fantastic, shows 15-minute interval KWH consumption/production amounts graphed in nicely in realtime.

Description of Work
re-roofing a tile roof and installing solar panels

Category roofing,solar panels

02/23/2019

Michael C.

Project went exceptionally well. Tear off team came the first day then roofers came 2 days later. The roof cost is toward the high side but comes with a very good warranty. We also needed quite a bit of carpentry work done. They have excellent carpenters and the cost of the wood was very reasonable. Keeping in mind that you get what you pay for, I would hire this company again, and again, and again. Our cost included a lot of added carpentry work Very professional, very trustworthy

Description of Work
Roof Replaced

Category roofing,woodworking

01/17/2019

Sean H.

We recently moved into a new place and knew that our roof was going to need some work and had leaks that had been patched by the previous owners. We had several roofing companies come by and check it out and by far T & G Roofing gave us the most comprehensive description of what needed to be done, how they were going to do it, and what it was going to cost us. Mike Cernile came to our home for the inspection, and had the quote back to us within a couple of days. He was very good at describing what was wrong with the current roof and what would be required to re-roof the home. He was the ONLY person among all the companies we talked to who described where the trucks would need to park and what damage that might cause to our yard, which my wife and I were very thankful for as there were no surprises the days the crews came to do the work. The tear-off was over in less than a day, and the roofing crew was there the very next day to start the work. The entire project was completed quickly and efficiently, with all the work being permitted and inspected. We are very satisfied with the roof we received from T & G.

Description of Work
Our roof was old and needed to be replaced. Several leaks had already been patched and a re-roof was necessary.

06/25/2018

Marian B.

It went very well ... the estimator and later the workers showed up on time and did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
Half the roof was damaged by falling branches when my trees were trimmed and had to be replaced.

06/24/2018

rebecca S.

I had a pile of matching roof tiles but they used 2 completely off color tiles along the roof line. they also filled 2 of my trash cans with broken tiles, almost too heavy for me to move. both of these item were quickly taken care of but I should not have had to deal with this. I considered recommending to someone looking for solar, but not now. the roof looks good, but I am not an expert in knowing if it is functional.

Description of Work
leaking roof

Hello [Member Name Removed], I would like to apologize for these issues that you experienced. It is a strict policy here that we do not use the customers trash cans, so I was shocked to find out that this was done. After speaking with all of our employees that worked on your project I found that our solar crew was just trying to lend a helping hand to the roofers and placed the tiles in the trash can. The solar crew does not do the roofing work and made a mistake by placing them in your cans. They have been briefed and this will never happen again. We do try our best, but every once in a while something slips through the cracks. I would hope that after reading our reviews that you could see that 99% of the time we get it right. Again sorry you experienced this and let me know if you have any issues. Reviews are very important to us. Thanks, Mike Prescher, CEO

05/02/2018

Allan and Michelle G.

I obtained 3 estimates to replace multiple broken and dislodged tiles on my roof and fix the underlying material. 1 general contractor and 1 other roofing company. T&G came in below the other roofing company by a considerable amount and only slightly above the GC. They provided very clear estimate documents and despite warning me of possible overages based on things they might discover after starting the repair came in exactly at their estimate. They were on-time, finished in the time estimated, were very clean and professional. I recommended them to several other folks who came by and asked since seeing them on my roof.

Description of Work
Roofing repair

09/24/2017

Lindy K.

The roofers arrived on time and completed on time even with a half day of rain delay. The roof looks beautiful. The tile is quality and the colors are very pretty. I had a choice of dozens of colors. The added bird block was a nice addition so birds or other animal cannot nest inside the tiles and/or enter the house. There was no damage to any property and they cleaned up my yard and my neighbors’ yards, leaving my yard cleaner than when they arrived. I had 3 estimates for the job and all three companies came back with approximately the same cost. T&G provided quality products, bird block and a longer warrantee.

Description of Work
Removal of old roof and installation of new tile roof on a two story home.

08/17/2017

Miguel P.

Did not hire them , requested a quote and was late getting back to me a week late. I used someone else. I would not use them again for an estimate.

Description of Work
Estimate for roof & patio

This T & G Roofing Company was never called out to provide an estimate for this customer. We keep a detailed data base of every call.

07/24/2017

Jennifer I.

They replaced the roof and installed the solar panels. Did a lot of research before choosing T&G Roofing. Quality work. Quality materials. Great customer service. No leaks (it just rained today)! Panels are producing as promised. And it looks beautiful.

Description of Work
We were looking for someone to install solar panels on an old roof.

Category roofing,solar panels

03/31/2017

gabriela O.

We decided not to go with this company.

Description of Work
I got a quote.

Category deck cleaning

Approved Contractor Inc.

Call now for our Angie's List only offers. Everyone wants to improve the look of their home and its energy efficiency. While many California residents share these goals, they don't know where to begin to make these goals a reality. Are you looking for a window installation and exterior coating contractor company that is fair, honest and hard-working? What about technicians who are always on time, stand by their word, and have won the Super Service Award in all of these categories, Approved Contractor measures up. Whether you have a specific window in mind (we carry all lines of windows) or simply wish to cut down your energy bills, our window installment services are exceptional. Our texture coating services are sure to leave you loving the look of your house again, will keep the inside of your home cooler, and are able to withstand all kinds of elements. License #952272

Offers by Approved Contractor Inc. on Angi
    F&S California painting remodeling

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional painting experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home.

Dreams Come True

Give us a call or click to schedule a quote, today!

California
    Contractors State License Board
    02/28/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express, Discover

Roofing, Roof Repairs, Solar, Seamless Rain Gutters, Patio Covers, Patio Decks, Painting.

Gutter Cleaning, Roof Certifications