Walsh Moving & Storage

Founded 1964 • With Angi since June 2006

4.3

1425 Plaza Del Amo

Torrance, CA 90501

We perform local and long-distance moving, storage, and packing services. We are a mid-sized, family owned company that still gives personalized service. We hire only experienced movers with background checks.

01/11/2022

Monique L.

The worst experience with a moving company. So many things... *Arrived an hour late *Smoking on the job. One of the movers was smoking when he was taking down boxes. ⁃Had to tell the movers multiple times what was being taken to the new location. -Safe was left at the old location ⁃ Never consulted when they took their first break. ⁃ Never told us when they departed to the new location. ⁃ Smashed boxes when fragile was written in it. ⁃ Tried to charge an extra hour for their lunch ⁃ Poor communication overall. ⁃ After, arriving at the new location, towards the end the movers were waiting outside talking, while they only had a package to bring up and took the movers 30 minutes to bring it up. ⁃ I felt like the driver took matters into his own hands and left as he pleased. ⁃ The miscommunication was time-consuming trying to find out when they left. -Walking back and forth to the truck while not moving anything. -Drank customers' juices without asking and hide their evidence. -Charged for the driving time when previously discuss no driving time will be added. -Left for lunch and when they arrived back never called the office to get a hold of the customer to unload the truck. Wasn't until the customer drove up on them and mover stated I don't have your number, however, never call the office to get a hold of the customer. Also, the customer was being charged. -Customer's grandmother's crystal was broken due to miss handling boxes. -Dragging couch on the hallway ground and cushion got all dirty. -LOST my 32 inch QLED TV -LOST 2 wicker baskets worth $110 -Damaged unreplaceable crystal given by grandmother. -Damaged TV trays -Damaged brand new couch I was originally quoted $800 and the move cost $1300! Need to be more professional and retrained when servicing clients so there is no confusion.

Description of Work
COMPLETE HEADACHE

02/02/2021

Jennifer S.

Thomas, Gino, Luis, and Allen made it happen! I am grateful for the professionalism and understanding of my move to my new home state. Walsh Moving and Storage is a great company! :) Ever interaction from phone calls to in-person was what one would expect. A big shout-out to competence and honesty.

Description of Work
Moved my belongings from So Cal to the Pacific North West.

01/31/2017

Leslie G.

The move went smoothly. I had items ready to go and it took only an hour.

Description of Work
move heavy furniture from storage to home

10/24/2016

Caryn D.

Very very good

Description of Work
Packing and moving

10/06/2016

James L.

The movers came about 10-15 minutes. But once they arrived, the work was done very efficiently. They protected the large furniture accordingly and unpacked them at our new place in a clean manner. I was very satisfied with their due diligence in completing the work ahead of schedule. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Moving several pieces of furniture.

08/13/2016

Marvin G.

Everything went good until they gave me a invoice that was about $250 more then the quote Chris gave us. All times were more then the actual time it took. They said it took them 15 mins from our house to the apartment where we moved too. My wife and I waited 45 minutes for them to get here!

Description of Work
Move our furniture 6 miles away from our home to an apartment till we fine a single story house.

10/01/2015

Sharon M.

They were alright. These moving companies are all pretty much the same, they have to do a lot of work for not very much money. I just moved a few blocks from where I was living and they put everything in their truck and brought some of those wardrobe boxes to the new location. They were more than an hour late without calling me to tell me that they were stuck on the freeway.

Description of Work
They moved me to my new location.

09/07/2015

Susan H.

excellent. Will be calling them again for the next upcoming move

Description of Work
everything wrapped and blanketed every stick of furniture. They worked nonstop. Extremely professional, expedient and very personable

08/11/2014

Carmela Z.

the guys are great, they're professional and got the job done, took excellent care of our stuff and we were in and out. the only downside is, even with their two guys, my husband, his two well bodied brothers and myself it still took 4.5 hours to move us and they will count the supposed drive back to south pasadena so plus .5, all in all we were charged an extra 2 hours on top of the 3hours pre-paid on angie's list. my point being is that don't be fooled by the deal, i was stupid enough to think that we can get everything done in 3 hours given that everything was already packed and we asked relatives to help out..i was very wrong. wouldve been better just getting a different moving company that didnt have the deal going i probably wouldve ended up spending less, but no complaints about the guys, the fees are the fees, they were very professional.

Description of Work
two man crew and a truck, moving from so.pasadena to carson

08/01/2014

Helene C.

We have had good experience. We had no problems with him. The pricing was fair.

Description of Work
They moved a piano from one house to another.

Category moving companies, piano moving

07/25/2014

Goldin A.

They were okay. The service was neutral. The move was okay, there was a slight damage to my desk, when they moved, and the damage was not that great, so I decided to leave it to that. The pricing was average. I had looked at other companies, and they were on the same price range.

Description of Work
They moved my furniture.

07/25/2014

Mary T.

We had a really good luck with them. We were very satisfied with them. We went with them because they were far more reasonable than two others we went with. I was kind of apprehensive because I thought as the moving cost is less, they might not be as good; but we were really satisfied with them. They did a really good job. Nothing was broke. Their response was very good. They were right on the date they were supposed to come and the only problem, which wasn't their fault as we stayed out at a place where it is a gated community and the GPS told them to come in a different way & they couldn't get in. They finally had to call us, but I wasn't there and it wasn't their fault. They went to a different entrance and there was nobody there to let them in. They didn't know what to do. We waited about 45 minutes longer than they would be here. I rather say that they were punctual because it was not their fault.

Description of Work
They moved us from LA. They also moved a cousin of mine to Colorado.

07/24/2014

Irene S.

I needed to move my daughter from my parent's previous single-story house to a second story apartment just a mile or two away. The majority of the cost was covered by a Deal ($255 for a 26' truck and 2 movers for 3 hours). There wasn't much furniture to move - refrigerator, sofa, bed, dresser, desk, bookcase and a few heavy boxes. The movers were on time and very professional. No concerns over the way the furniture was handled (no damage to furniture nor walls or flooring), no mess to clean (no fingerprints) and it was protected for the short commute. They worked quickly and efficiently and they placed the furniture perfectly in the new space.

Description of Work
Small, local move to second floor apartment

07/21/2014

Sharon E G.

The men arrived on time, packed everything securely and moved with careful attention to my new wall paint. Once in the garage, stacked and wrapped everything (which I had marked) then covered the items in shrink wrap to help keep out moisture. Could not been more pleased.

Description of Work
Moved paintings, small furniture and boxed items from a bedroom to our garage.

06/01/2014

Darian H.

Very Well. About 15 minutes late but was driving from Torrance to Orange County. They had extra used boxes which I needed and was fairly priced. Even helped me pack clothes & some other items. Came prepared with wrap and pads to take care of furniture. Did a great job fitting my things into my storage unit. As far as I could tell nothing was damaged or missing except for a support leg of my dresser but could be fixed. Nice guys. Felt comfortable moving with them. Price was fair in the end for 2 guys moving & their truck which drove about 15 minutes to my storage unit. Only thing I felt was speed of the move probably could have gone a little faster. Didn't feel cheated though just felt there could have been more efficiency which might have cost me an extra hr of service/pay. Overall felt work & price was fair. I was able to pay with credit card & tipped with cash. Would use again & recommend.

Description of Work
Help move and even some packing. From residence to storage unit. 2 men & a medium/large truck with packing supplies.

04/09/2014

Gregory L.

They were easy to schedule last minute.

Description of Work
I used Walsh Moving & Storage for moving.

05/06/2013

Roswell R.

They showed up to pack, move and unload items exactly as scheduled. Some items were staged on our driveway for donation. Their lead person was on site at all times and they worked hard and steadily. No items were broken, damaged or lost. There were no added charges and we are extremely happy with their performance from the beginning to the end of their involvement.

Description of Work
Walsh packed items from the kitchen, all the lamps, pictures, mirrors, furniture and everything in the garage, loaded those items along with those which we packed from our house and a storage facility and delivered them to our new Arizona home.

04/24/2013

Veta W.

I had to move to Texas and I called them up. They actually came in, packed everything up, and put it in storage. The packing and moving was fine. When the time came for everything to be shipped to me, the price they gave me was a bit high. I was able to check around and get everything shipped to me for about 50% less. When I called them to let them know I found another company, they said they would have to charge a fee to have everything taken out of storage. They were very rude and uncooperative once they learned I had found another moving company. I would have thought that they would have offered a better price when I had used their storage services for so many years. The problem was that when I got all my boxes, some of my things were actually missing. They had to take everything out of storage and bring them out for the movers to put in the truck. It was a pretty big truck and there were things missing that I think never came out of the storage unit. The treatment I received from them was very disheartening. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I used their services for packing, moving items, and for a storage unit. Everything was in storage for several years from 2005 to 2009. The move cost $550 and the monthly storage fee was about $140.

04/24/2013

Michele S.

They were nice and they guys were fantastic. They made very few mistakes. They were real expensive for the cost of service. They were nice, polite, and on time. They did a good job and I have no complaints.

Description of Work
They packed and moved everything in the den and kitchen into another part of the house for a large remodel to happen.

02/13/2013

Brian J.

We had a refrigerator, dishwasher and large entertainment unit moved from an upstairs apartment to a garage. Manny did a great job for the estimated amount!

Description of Work
Honest and helpful!

02/15/2012

Sandi P.

They were wonderful. They came when they were supposed to and delivered on time. They were very open with their pricing. They explained their estimate very clearly and that was the cost that I paid. They were very good.

Description of Work
We used them to relocate.

07/22/2011

Darlene K. M.

The movers I have used for my last seven jobs had recently retired and no one had a company to refer me to so I turned to the yellow pages and found Walsh Moving & Storage. I checked them out at the BBB and saw they had an A+ rating. I liked the idea of a family owned business and on the phone Thomas Sapper was pleasant and professional. I had spoke with two other companies and liked this one best based on the above. The move was delayed by few months which no longer required their storage of everything and resulted in less to pack and move, as several large items were sold, others donated and smaller storage items were personally moved by me into the facility on property at my new residence. I was very clear about what needed to be done and how I wanted it handled since I have moved numerous times over the past 10 years. I have a few very large pieces which required a fork lift due to the narrow stairway and low overhang of ceiling at one point. I have some very expensive artwork that required special care. I dealt directly with Tom, the owner, and emphasized the importance of having enough people to do the job. The first day they sent quite a few employees (7-8), including a manager/supervisor for a small part of the day. I bought everyone lunch. They saw how much work was needed and yet they still ALL left at 5:30 pm. Two of the three people they sent to pack were very efficient. One, the only woman, was not good at all. She was also having personal problems (which happens so I tried to be understanding) and that combined with smoke breaks and not being that good at her task made it worse. I was relieved when she did not return the next day. Overall, the guys on the job were pleasant and tried to be accommodating on day one. The second day, they sent three less people and the mood was rapidly changing when they realized there was no way they were going to finish this job on time. The guys were receiving pressure from the office. I was on the phone numerous times with the owner and the manager arguing about everything we had previously discussed and agreed upon. At this point it was obvious they had clearly underestimated the job in the first place, there was less to do than the initial quote, the manager saw how much was left to be done but they neglected to keep them all there a few extra hours on the first day and then sent less people on the second day. They damaged the ceiling in the stairway. The house was in escrow so I needed to have that repaired. One of the movers offered to patch it if I went to get him the materials. I did but it still had to be sanded and painted. I took care of it. Due to the work load they got to the move-in location very late, there was limited light available and I prevailed upon them to please stop since it was too dark to see and the apartment complex has strict rules about timelines. They kept pushing on until security asked them to leave at 10:00 pm! I discovered the next morning they had damaged the new floors I had put into the apartment. I bought dinner for them. On day three they came back to finish unloading the remaining items for the apartment and the two storage units. I bought the last two guys lunch at the end of the job. The two day move took three, they damaged furniture, artwork, items packed in boxes and lost a few boxes. The truck was left open and unattended in both locations and items were stacked by the elevators also unattended. Items were left behind in the house and garage which my son and I made multiple trips back to take care of. It then took several months to get the insurance claim processed and closed. I paid an extra $250 for additional coverage with a $250 deductible, it was initially submitted directly to Walsh, it was one page with the dollar amount at the bottom, yet Thomas Sapper chose to hold onto it for his allotted 60 days and then informed me he was turning it over to his insurance. After dealing with multiple people it was finally settled by the end of December 2010. There were no surprises, I spelled everything out, they were there in person in advance and on the first day to evaluate the work. They are professional movers, it's their job to know what to do and to accommodate the requests of their clients. I'm the one who insisted on extra people and it still wasn't enough. I have NEVER experienced a move as bad as this one! At the end of the day it is their loss! I have received multiple inquiries from people over the past year about a good moving company and sadly was only able to make sure that no one made the mistake of using Walsh Moving & Storage.

Description of Work
I requested an in person estimate of the job (which they did), initially requiring packing, moving and possible storage for 2 to 7 days. They packed everything, all personal items, in kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living room and artwork. They moved (most) everything into my apartment, a few large furniture items into my storage unit on the property and a bedroom set to a storage facility located less than two miles from the move-in location.

10/08/2009

Cindy T.

They arrived on time and were able to move everything in one load. They were professional and pleasant. Nothing was damaged and they were responsive as to where to place large items in the new condo. They were completely done by noon. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Move furniture and large items from upstairs 1 bedroom apartment to lower condo approximately 1/2 mile away.

06/02/2006

VICTORIA B S.

Tom at Walsh Moving gave me an estimate over the phone and faxed a copy for my records. The two-man crew arrived promptly and did a great job moving me out quickly, and then moving my furniture into a storage unit in San Diego. Walsh was accommodating to my needs, charged a very fair hourly price, and did an exceptional job. I would recommend them highly to anyone!

Description of Work
Walsh moved the contents of a small one-bedroom apartment from Santa Monica to San Diego.

02/24/2006

MOVERS WERE TIMELY AND EFFICIENT. NO ITEMS WERE BROKEN OR DAMAGED. MOVE WERE COMPLETED IN ONE DAY, WITH ALL THE NECESSARY ITEMS UNPACKED & IN PLACE FOR ME TO SETTLE INTO MY NEW HOME.

Description of Work
TWO MOVERS TO PACK AND LOAD FURNITURE, PERSONAL & HOUSEHOLD ITEMS. SHORT DISTANCE MOVE, THEN UNLOADED AND UNPACKED ITEMS.

GXL Moving Services LLC

GXL Moving Services is your local and professional moving services company that proudly serves Downey and the entire state of California. At this time, we only offer in-state moves and cannot travel out-of-state. Our team of movers are some of the best in the business and will work hard to ensure that your needs are met, and your possessions safely dropped off to their new location. Call us today to discuss your moving needs!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Morris Moving

Morris Moving and Storage Inc. We are a local licensed, insured moving company with over 40 years in this area. We have a large 13,000 Square Foot Warehouse with over 200 5x7x7 vaults availaible for short term or long term storage, completely secured and safe from the elements, we also have open storage available for larger items at a easy monthly fee. We service all of California, if you are moving locally or anywhere in the state, we can help. We can provide any and all aspects for your move. packing, moving services, for apartments, homes, offices, or larger moves including piano services. We can even load your POD or container for the move. (With a minimum hourly charge ) We charge by the hour with a minimum of hours required (usually 2 or 3) , no extra charges for stairs, long carry, or multiple stops. The hourly fee starts at your door and stops when the move is completed. (Drive time is doubled.) Fuel charges and taxes are also included in the hourly rate. No extra charge for weekends or holidays either. We charge the same hourly rate 7 days a week. If you need 1 truck or more we can help. If you need a short notice move, this is usually not a problem. Free estimates. Our employees will wrap all furniture and take care to make sure your belongings arrive just as they left, if we pack or load. We also will take down and set up your beds! Call today, we can move you tomorrow! 714-889-7987. Our hours are from 7:00am to 10:00pm 7 days a week. Prices only change for the amount of trucks and workers needed to complete the job. Or the cost of materials to pack your belongings, ie: cartons, tape, wrapping paper. These are available on all our trucks, driver has the price list, if needed.

Best Moving Service

Best Moving Service was founded on the belief that no matter where we are in life, we will stand by our product and our services. We believe in offering the Best of the Best to our customers so much that we named our company Best Moving. Our office staff has a combined experience of over 30 years in the moving business and our average mover has been with our company for over 10 years. Best Moving Service started over twenty three years ago and is family-owned and operated. We are a member of the California Moving and Storage Association (CMSA) and are fully licensed and insured for your protection. What sets us apart from others in our industry is that we are specialized in local apartment moves and are LCD and LED plasma television specialists. Our customer service is ranked #1. We know how to move you right the first time, saving you money and time. That’s why you should trust the mover’s whose name says it all: Best Moving Services.

Storage

Moving local and long-distance, packing, crating, and storage.

We do not clean windows.