L & R Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Founded 1952 • With Angi since October 2005

20940 Normandie Avenue

Torrance, CA 90502

LICENSE #321076. Servicing: Entire South Bay area including, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Lomita, etc.

12/15/2020

mark T.

I would definitely recommend L&R to anyone having heating/air issues! My heater suddenly stopped working and I was lucky enough to get their head HVAC service manager, Ralph out to my house. He immediately located the problem while inspecting the furnace; the thermocouple was loose so it wasn't making a great connection to my heater. I was very impressed with how knowledgeable he was and could tell he knows exactly what he's doing. I mentioned that I was also having some electrical difficulties and it turns out he's a licensed electrician and ended up fixing the issue in my breaker box. In the midst of COVID, he recommended an iWave air purifier while he was changing my filter and I will definitely be calling the office and requesting Ralph back to install that for me. Overall great experience with their office and in-person service, I can see why they've been in business so long!

Description of Work
Heating Repair/ Filter Replacement

03/30/2017

Kenneth G.

Very good job done

Description of Work
Annual maintenance

12/14/2015

Lorri S.

Description of Work
6 years ago we replaced our old furnace with a new unit and a Honeywell wireless thermostat. We called the company who originally installed the equipment; however we were told they are only doing new construction now and referred us to L&R Heating & Air Conditioning. L&R was very prompt at getting someone out and diagnosing the problem. Randy from L&R was very professional and explained the problem - the Equipment Interface Module was not communicating with the thermostat. Randy had to order the part from his supplier at $536, the installation was $150. After Randy left, we did some research and found the unit on the internet for a lower price; however, we were still more comfortable letting L&R order the equipment in case something goes wrong in the future; that's the only reason we gave a B on price. The unit came in approx. 5 days later; Randy was very prompt at getting the new part in and although he was unfamiliar with the set-up he figured it out very quickly and got everything working. We would not hesitate to call L&R if we have any problems in the future. If we have any complaints, it's with the Honeywell unit; 6 years seems rather quick for the equipment to stop functioning.

06/04/2015

Ellen W.

Description of Work
The parents' heater stopped working and I called them based on a friend's recommendation. The parents were used to calling the gas company but I decided to call a heating specialist who would be able to diagnose if it's the heater or the gas line. Turned out to be neither but it was reassuring to know that there were no leaks, etc. I took the opportunity to ask for an estimate for a new heater.

11/30/2012

Doris W.

They were prompt, professional, and solved the problem. It didn't take but a week-I was very pleased!

Description of Work
I had a fan on my roof repaired.

08/05/2008

Michael G.

Did not hire based on price.

Description of Work
Requested a bid on retrofitting my 1937 home with central heat an air. I had to convince them to come out on my schedule (instead of their "anytime on a particular day"). The person that came out was friendly, helpful and professional but the (handwritten) $16,200 bid was more than 2x higher than the company I eventually went with for the same equipment / services.

12/28/2007

Edward AND Mary H.

When the man from the gas company checked our furnace, he said it was on a recall list & turned off the gas to the furnace. The next day I signed up for Angie's List and called L&R because it was recommended. When I told the representative answering the phone that I wanted an estimate for a new furnace, she said she would send Randy without charge. Randy was complimented in the report I read on Angie's List. He checked the furnace and re-checked the recall list and told me my furnace was not on the recall list & I had no problem. The charge was a reasonable (for LA standards) $54.00. While here, he answered another unrelated question about my air conditioning and went out of his way to show me the primary drain. I got my money's worth, and he didn't sell me an unnecessary furnace.

Description of Work
Estimate only.

11/27/2007

PAM F.

The furnace stopped working and Randy from L&R came out on a holiday and diagnosed the problem, which turned out to be only a loose wire on the thermostat. He found the problem quickly and fixed it immediately, for far less money than other companies wanted just to drive to the house.

Description of Work
Find out why the furnace had stopped working and repair it.

06/18/2007

JULIAN A.

I decided not to go with this company even though their price was lower. The representative didn't seem meticulous with the details as far as time involved in the removal, installation or the work involved. They also did not present me with a whole lot of choices of units. It just didn't seem they were going to be a good choice.

Description of Work
I received an estimate for replacing my old air conditioning unit with new 3.5 ton Carrier unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, appliance sales

04/26/2007

TOD G.

There was a problem with the thermostat when they installed the system. They switched it out twice trying to fix the problem. They're kind, courteous, and they really bent over backwards to meet our needs and get it done quickly. They were just great!

Description of Work
Put in a new thermostat an a new heating and A/C system.

02/08/2007

PATRICIA G.

They showed up as requested, analyzed the problem, did good work, left the place clean. Trustworthy. Since I wasn't home I just left a key for them. No problems. Just a little pricey for such a 20 minute job.

Description of Work
Replaced a faulty pilot light fixture and an old thermostat.

06/07/2006

THOMAS V.

The representative and the company were very professional and helpful. Not only did they fix the problem but explained to me exactly what was wrong. I would definitely do business with them again.

Description of Work
Checked issue with Central Air Conditioning concerning heat coming out of air duct when the cooling is turned on.

10/13/2005

THEY WERE GOOD BECAUSE I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM. I USE THEM EVERY YEAR, AND THEY DO THIS SERVICE. DURING THE WINTER I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS BECAUSE THE MACHINE PERFORMANCE IS VERY GOOD. THERE ARE NO BREAKDOWNS SO I AM VERY SATISFIED.

Description of Work
IT WAS CLEANING AND SERVICING FOR WINTERIZING THE AIR CONDITIONER.

10/12/2005

Linda L.

I THINK THEY DID A GOOD JOB, AND I WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR WORK. THE HEATER WAS INSTALLED IN THE HALLWAY. THEY WERE NEAT, AND THEY CLEANED UP. THEY SEEMED KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED A HEATER.

Samonet general construction

2022 Super Service Award

Shenon Construction

A COMPLETE EXPERIENCE- The Shenon Construction Team acknowledges that the path of remodeling is as important as the final product. Therefore, we strive to give our clients the most pleasant experience no matter how extensive the project may be. The team is present every step of the way, and is determined to help guide you with decision making, so that the final project meets and exceeds every expectation. A spectacular home and an ecstatic client are our two main priorities! COMMITMENT TO QUALITY- We proudly hold ourselves accountable to achieving the highest quality construction, utilizing durable materials and collaborating with highly skilled professionals. A SENSE FOR DESIGN- We communicate with our clients and have the ability to clearly understand the critical design elements. Prior to construction, we employ a 3D design to visualize your ideas and concepts. This way, we assure that the final execution is flawless. ATTENTION TO DETAIL- We realize that transforming a house into a home, and truly personalizing the project requires immaculate attention to detail. We embrace the uniqueness of each development and we call our projects complete when each of your needs and wants are fulfilled.

2022 Super Service Award

So Cal Builders & Design Inc

SoCal Builders and Design have been helping the homes of Southern California look perfect one nail and brick at a time! With the best prices and highest standard of service, we can deliver the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams on time and on budget! Voice Star: (888) 284-9122.

Ask For Details
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

L & R Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc provides design, installation, repair and service to all makes and models of HVAC equipment. We offer our services to all residential and commercial customers. L & R Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. also inspects, installs or repairs all duct work for HVAC systems.

L & R Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is not an asbestos removal company.