Dave's Tree Service

Founded 1985 • With Angi since February 2006

PO Box 10104

Torrance, CA 90505

I will meet with you to discuss you job and how to proceed. The first things I want to hear about are your desires and complaints about your yard. Then I will have suggestions, and we will decide on a plan of action.We have a crew of 4-6 men that are knowledgeable about trees. I will personally

08/19/2020

Pamela & Frank S.

He does a good job. He really laces the trees well. I can rely on him to do a good job. He is a good arborists that does good quality work.

Description of Work
trims the trees in my backyard

09/25/2018

John S.

It was very good as usual the price went up $25 per tree due to new dump fees but still good job.

Description of Work
I had 6 tall queen palm trees trimmed.

09/04/2017

Paul B.

We have used Dave for many years and he always does a great job. We have seen the terrible work others have done in the neighborhood and it makes us appreciate Dave more.

Description of Work
Trimming trees.

04/26/2017

John S.

They did a good job. They were very friendly and professional. They showed up on time and cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
They trimmed four of our trees.

01/06/2017

Connie R.

He is very knowledgeable. He has been doing my trees for years. He is honest and lets you know what needs to be done.

Description of Work
He trims my trees

10/24/2016

Mike O.

Dave is very professional and pleasant to work with. His crew showed up on time, cleaned up the mess and didn't massacre the tree, leaving just enough room for the internet company.

Description of Work
Trim tree by a utility pole so that internet company would install my internet and trim a tall tree.

11/19/2015

Kendra G.

Dave seems to be very knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
I had 3 huge pine trees in my backyard near the power line. Dave was the only provider who told me I needed to have SoCal Edison to remove what they could free of charge to me. He saved me so much money. I wanted to use him to remove the remainder of the trees but he was booked for the next two months. I trust him though and will use him in the future.

06/11/2014

David L.

Dave's prices are competitive and he and his crews deliver as promised. Dave personally ensures quality and timeliness of his crews' work. They arrive on time, do their work, clean-up completely after themselves. The only way you know they've been there is the professional trimming of the trees. Being an HOA Officer has a lot of responsibilities and having competent contractors we can rely upon to do quality work for an affordable price makes a big difference. I would highly recommend Dave's Tree Service to residential, commercial or industrial customers.

Description of Work
Regularly scheduled tree trimming for our HOA complex.

05/05/2014

Karen W.

Came when requested and did a great job. Cleaned up everything when they left. We've used them twice and would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Trimmed a tree blocking ocean view.

Category lawn service, tree service

05/02/2014

Robert J.

Did professional job of trimming and shaping trees. Good job of cleaning up afterwards. Arrived promptly in the morning and finished by mid-afternoon. Only negative - all Time Warner services went out while they were trimming the trees. I thought cable line disappeared - tree trimmers said no lines were down. When Time Warner service came out the next day, the repairman found the cable line at the bottom of the hill. He repaired it in about 10 minutes. I will use Dave's Tree Service again, but think I'll take an IPhone photo of all the lines going to the house, before they start trimming. The 'B' for responsiveness is for not being told the cable line was down and placed at the bottom of the hill, otherwise they were very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Trimmed tree in front yard. Trimmed 3 trees in backyard. Trimmed 10 trees on back hill.

02/01/2014

William Scott W.

Dave did a great job, and was very easy to work with, and very professional. He helped me understand the details of the process from beginning to end, and let me decide what worked best for me. Occasionally it took a while for him to call me back, but the wait was worth it.

Description of Work
Cut down and removed a tree and stump from enclosed area.

05/10/2013

David L.

Dave's Tree Service was recommended to us by our landscaping company. We have been delighted with his service for several years. He is easy to reach by phone, is prompt at returning calls, attends to both his proposals and his crews' work in person and performs exactly what he promises. His firm's work is an excellent value. We know we can count on his integrity and quality. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Annual tree trimming for small townhouse complex in the South Bay. Queen palm trees, carrotwood trees, melaleuca trees. Only a few are accessible by truck-lift.

08/01/2012

Linda C.

They were very good and knowledgeable. They showed up on time. They were very efficient and careful with the service. They really knew the names of the different bushes and trees and knew how to cut them properly. They did a really exceptional service.

Description of Work
They cut both trees and bushes for me.

Category lawn service, tree service

11/15/2011

David M.

My experience with Dave was very good. He came, and he seemed real knowledgeable. He had a lot of suggestions, which I thought was good; he was able to steer me in the right direction with that. He was very good. I have bamboo on the side of my house, and he was very knowledgeable about how to trim things. He knew what he was doing and was good at his trade. I got only one other quote, and he was quite a bit lower. I thought his price was very good. I would rate him highly and would use him again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Dave's Tree Service to trim trees and bushes, remove trees and do things like that.

05/26/2011

Joseph M.

showed up on time, did a good job.

Description of Work
they know how to trim trees without butchering them, show up on time, very professional.

03/21/2011

GERALD S.

It went very well. Dave is professional and thorough. He does commercial and residential tree trimming. I had heard about him through word of mouth and was glad that I used him. He is very knowledgeable about trees and landscaping. His price is not the cheapest, but it is quality work. Dave has about 25 years of experience in the South Bay.

Description of Work
Dave trimmed 7 trees in my backyard and cut one six foot high stump to the ground. His crew used plywood to protect the house and plants from falling branches. They trimmed and opened up areas within the trees, as opposed to just chopping the tops off. Clean-up was very thorough and professional.

02/23/2009

LINDA B.

I'm no tree trimming expert, but they seemed to know how to trim, what to trim, what not to, and when to trim. They were professional, quick, had the necessary equipment, left basically no mess. The price was reasonable and they left me feeling quite happy. Getting a hold of them wasn't to much of a problem, but I would give them a 'B' on responsiveness.

Description of Work
They removed/trimmed a bunch of trees outside our house.

02/26/2006

ELAINE B.

Have used their services for several years. Very knowledgeable and do a terrific job. Show up when planned and clean up well.

Description of Work
Trimmed & pruned 3 large pine trees & an Australian willow.

11/17/2005

B C.

WASN'T WORTH THE PHONE CALL.

Description of Work
I CALLED DAVE'S TREE SERVICE. WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE VERY BUSY AND COULDN'T DO WORK FOR AT LEAST TWO MONTHS. REFERRED ME TO ANOTHER PHONE NUMBER TO MAKE APPOINTMENT FOR ESTIMATE. THAT PHONE MAILBOX WAS FULL SO I WAS UNABLE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. WASTE OF MY TIME.

08/10/2005

I WOULD SAY THEY ARE PUNCTUAL, RELIABLE AND VERY CLEAN. THEY CLEANED UP AFTERWARDS BEAUTIFULLY. AS YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU DO PALMS THEY CAN BE MESSY. THEY DID A GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
TRIMMED OUR PALM TREES.

07/18/2005

Sandra R.

THE BIG THING IS THAT THEY CAME ON TIME AND THEY GOT RIGHT DOWN TO BUSINESS. THEN THEY REALLY CLEANED UP WHAT THEY DID. THE TREES WERE WELL-SHAPED AND THEY DID A GOOD JOB.

Description of Work
THEY TRIMMED TREES.