We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Armor Electric

Founded 2009 • With Angi since September 2009

1556 W 214th St

Torrance, CA 90501

Armor Electric is an Electrical company in the south bay area in the heart of Los Angeles. We have been serving and servicing the area from Long Beach all the way to Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Marina Del Ray, all the way up to the San Fernando Valley area

07/02/2015

James M.

Excellent service; first class work with explanations. Very smart and knowledgeable professional electrician.

Description of Work
Repair outdoor lighting and related issues $120 Replace a corroded electrical panel $800

12/09/2014

Jim K.

I contacted Mehdi in med November because I discovered I needed to have an attic light fixture attached to electrical power source. I called Mehdi due to my positive experiences him from larger projects. He was very responsive with scheduling this small job( like it was a big job). I consulted with him about the type of light fixture. I made the purchase and Medi personally came to our home in Lakewood to install the fixture as customer courtesy. It is comforting to have a reliable professional I can call on repeatedly with a predictable outcome in quality of service.

Description of Work
Attached light fixture to an attic power source.

12/01/2014

BARNEY T.

The work was completed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Add electrical outlet in the garage

11/28/2014

Anjie S.

It went fine. He knew exactly what it was and he was in and out really quick. Their price was reasonable for what they did. It's still working.

Description of Work
We used Armor Electric. I had some electric line going down. They came and changed my box.

09/07/2014

Cheryl P.

I can only say how great it went. The owner got right back to me - they even performed the work on a holiday at no extra charge because I was in a hurry. I can be picky and demanding, to say the least! Armor met all my needs and more - He is checking on the job constantly - the repair work with paint and plaster was as good as good be on a holiday when some stores are closed for the perfect paint - I will only call one electrician for any electrical work in the future - big or small - It simply does not get any better when it comes to customer service and fair prices. Let's face it, homeowners, your electricity is not something you want to go wrong. I am a court reporter and have a great deal of knowledge of what can cause fires, etc. I guarantee this company will do a great job, a safe job - Thank you, Angie's list - i wish i would have come here long ago!

Description of Work
Replaced an existing very dangerous electrical panel. Added a new panel with more circuits and dedicated boxes in a room.

Category electrician

Dear [member name removed], We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience with the other member. Don't hesitate to email me about any questions, or inquiries int eh future. I know you're comfortable with email. Looking forward to helping you with your future projects. I hope the new location will serve you well.

07/24/2014

Kelly M.

Fantastic! Medhi came exactly when he said he would. He was clean, professional and courteous. He studied all the components in the house and in the new a/c. He even took pictures of the a/c unit and further researched his recommendation. The estimate visit is free! He's going to provide me a written estimate an explanation of what was done and his recommendations. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Medhi came over to check our electric system as we just had a new a/c installed and are concerned about the electric drain on the house power.

03/16/2014

Jim K.

On early December we scanned Angie?s list and noted several positive comments about Armor Electric. My wife and I are suspicious and skeptical of the construction trade providers based on previous negative experiences that lead to frustrations, before becoming a member here. Here is our story. Our house is 72 years old and was still operating on the original electrical wiring so we anticipated the worst when we called Mehdi. The purpose of our call to Mehdi was to discuss having the entire house and garage rewired and brought up to code. Nevertheless, we anticipated he would say he did not work on older homes or offer other excuses why he could not do the work. We were totally wrong in our prejudgment and I am happy to say we were wrong. From the first phone call to Medhi he instilled confidence in us with his can do attitude (yet respectfully done) and maintained our trust and confidence until the end. He came on time for the first visit to assess the job, communicated often via text, email and voice, accurately and timely. He was totally on his game when it came to telling us what was needed, and more importantly why these things were needed as it related to the purpose and codes. Installed two four-socket wall outlets that are elevated above our night table so that access is made more convenient since we use various small electronic devices so common these days. This is one example of the collaborative style of Mehdi with clients. The city inspector was complimentary of the quality and thoughtfulness of the I will end this here because I could go on to the point of sounding like a family member (which I am not).

Description of Work
Completely rewired a 72-year old home and garage. Work included removing all old wiring and running new wiring to all switches, outlets and light fixtures according to code. - Upgraded and replaced main electrical panel to a 200 am all-in-one panel including brand new breakers and properly labeling each one - Provision of proper grounding for the new panel by running an 8' solid copper ground rod down the ground - Outdoor motion sensor lights - Installed multiple smoke alarms, - Installed LED recessed can light fixtures in the living room ceiling and kitchen. - upgraded and replaced the main electrical panel to a 200 amp. - Ran a 30 amp 220 underground line from the main panel to the garage and installation of a 4-8 indoor sub-panel in the garage. - He did advise patching was not included in our bid, but was helpful in identifying a separate provider.

02/06/2014

Amber T.

I called Armor Electric 2 times over a 1 1/2 week period and left a voice mail each time asking to have someone call me back to schedule a appointment to come out and look at exterior electrical work I wanted installed - pathway lighting and sensor lighting. I NEVER even received a phone call back. The irony is their message says they will have someone return your phone call within 15 minutes and here on Angie's list they state your phone call will be returned within 10 minutes. I wouldn't trust a company that can't even perform the basic task of calling someone back....

Description of Work
NO return phone call after calling and leaving 2 messages for someone to call me and schedule an appointment.

01/16/2014

Monique C.

Before I begin my review, I would like to thank Mehdi and his crew for the fantastic work they completed at our home. I am not a person that is easily impressed but Mehdi's attention to detail and his willingness to explain every step of the job in a way that I would comprehend exactly what was going to happen was quite refreshing! Many contractors can come across as being quite condescending, especially when interacting with females, but I found Mehdi to be quite the opposite. He listened to my concerns and any additional questions I had, he answered...and I had a million questions! He's is just an all-around great guy, and a great electrician! In the past, I was very fortunate to find one excellent service provider on Angie's List, now I have found another. There are really no words that can express how pleased we were with the services provided by Armor Electric. I placed my initial call on a Saturday and immediately received a call back from Mehdi. We reviewed the electrical problems that I was experiencing at our home and he explained what he thought the problem may be but did advise me that we could not be 100% sure until the areas were thoroughly inspected. We scheduled an appointment for the following day...Sunday! Mehdi arrived Sunday morning...very friendly and professional. He thoroughly inspected the areas in question and advised me of his findings. We discussed what needed to be done to eliminate the issues we were having in addition to correcting a few older problems left behind by a previous electrician. Mehdi was not at all pushy, nor did he attempt to persuade us that unnecessary repairs were needed. He said that we could shop around, get second, third or even fourth opinions. When asked how long the job would take, he very confidently said, "one day." I was quite puzzled because it seemed like quite a bit of work. When I questioned him again, his response surprised me as he said, "Why, is that too long?" Although Mehdi appears very humble, he is quite confident in his ability...that combined with a winning personality...we knew we had found an electrician we wanted to go with. Later that evening we received our quote, there was no discussion, we knew we were not going to look any further. Having someone work on your home not only involves a price that can be agreed upon, but it also involves a person that you feel you can connect with, someone that your gut tells you is going to be a good person. We got that feeling from Mehdi. When Mehdi and his crew arrived a few weeks later, again on a Sunday, the work was completed in one day as promised. They were extremely neat, polite and professional. All interior floors that had to be accessed were thoroughly masked and taped off. They did an outstanding job! Throughout the entire job, Mehdi keep in contact with me via email and or phone calls. The permit was pulled in no time; he explained the role that SCE would play in the process from beginning to end. I am glad to say that everything went better than I planned. Because of the great work provided, we have now scheduled Mehdi to come out again for a few additional electrical issues that need to be addressed. Thanks Angie's List and more so, thanks Mehdi; because of your outstanding work ethic and professionalism, you are now our life long electrician :)

Description of Work
Upgraded the main electrical service panel from a 100 to flush mount 200 amp panel. Old panel was removed, new panel was installed and exterior perimeter area stuccoed. Ran two dedicated 20 amp 120 volt circuits from the new main panel to provide isolation of microwave and dishwasher. Replaced existing gauge wire in sub-panel to comply with the National Electrical Code

11/24/2013

R. N.

I requested service to replace a bedroom ceiling light fan and motion detector light in my backyard. When I initially called to schedule a service date, I was asked if I needed these items in a hurry and I replied no. Our date was scheduled two weeks out. On the morning of the scheduled visit- a Monday - and 15 minutes before he was scheduled to arrive, I received a call asking if it would be an inconvenience to schedule for the next day. Since I had taken time off from my business to be home to have the work done, I was quite perturbed that 1) he had waited so late to ask and 2)that it had already been two weeks since I first requested the work to be done. He immediately responded with an apology and was here at the appointed time. Once he arrived and completed the work, I was happy with the results and he will return to take care of some additional electrical work.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

10/31/2013

Stephanie L.

We cannot say enough about Medhi and the job he did for us. From the first meeting for an estimate to immediate responses to questions we had post-job Medhi was professional throughout. He assessed our needs, quoted reasonable prices for the value, arrived promptly with his crew and worked efficiently while here. Pleasant, earnest, able, and humble are just a few of the adjectives we'd use. We have been working to repair and upgrade things all over our house and Medhi stands heads and tails above every other contractor we have dealt with since we began. Such a breath of fresh air.

Description of Work
Replace ceiling can lights with LEDs and replace exterior lamps.

Category electrician

Member, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the other members. I look forward in serving your future electrical needs in the future. Mehdi

09/23/2013

mandy L.

Need an Electrician? STOP! You have struck Gold! Electric Gold! We live in an older home built in the 40's and the electric failed. It was a big problem for us to deal with on a Friday night during a heatwave but I called and left a message. My call was returned within 15 minutes. Great. Mehdi came by the next day to inspect the house just as he said he would and recommended a new service be put in as well as a complete home re-wire. We knew this day would come, our home is old & electricity is not something to take lightly, it is dangerous and it needed to be fixed. It was time. So although this was a big headache for us, it was just another day for the Armor Electric team. They wanted to do a great job for us and ensure our safety as soon as possible and that is exactly what they did. They were all a pleasure to do business with from start to finish, they are polite & professional, they have a positive attitude, work well together and clean up after themselves as they go along. They know their stuff, they are an honest hard working crew who go above and beyond to get it done right. We were so pleased each day to see such progress. They worked all weekend to get our home taken care of with a new electrical service and complete home rewire and did it in 4 days - Done! They were so helpful installing a new vent hood over our stove as well as a ceiling fan which they did not have to do. Very kind of them. We trusted them from day 1 and had a very positive experience. Reasonable price for great service which will light up our lives for years to come. We are very pleased and would highly recommend Armor Electric.

Description of Work
New Electrical Service Installation and complete home re-wire

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

09/23/2013

James K.

Messaged for service quote, and they company responded promptly. Looking to hire an electrician to replace all our mismatched outlets & switches (that we will be providing). Rough estimate is fair, at $12 per unit since we're providing the material. Do appreciate the upfront cost estimate, & will be considering Armor Electric once we're moved in

Description of Work
Messaged for service quote, and they company responded promptly

09/12/2013

Chris K.

My husband contacted Mehdi from Angie's List and requested an estimate for an electrical project at our home . My husband read his reviews and felt he was selecting a good company to come to our home. Mehdi stayed in contact with my husband and confirmed his appointment. My husband instructed him that he would be contacting me (his wife) at our residence for the estimate. He arrived on time and seemed very pleasant and professional. We went into our back yard to discuss what we needed done. He seemed very distressed with the patio slab and brick walkway. He said he was thinking out loud and was trying to decide which would be the best way to get electricity to the area we needed. As he was talking we would discuss that path, but when I asked about different avenues how we could run the electrical cable he was very short and dismissive with his answers to my questions and suggestions. I don't profess to know a lot about electricity, but I do know sometimes two heads are better than one when brainstorming ideas. Finally, I asked him about running the cable a different direction when he said that was a stupid and totally against the codes. I found Mehdi rude and unprofessional from the moment he started talking about the project. I explained what we were having done, but he didn't seem to listen to what I had told him, He was more interested in telling me what he wouldn't do as opposed to what he could do to complete the job. After his comment I told him i was done and instead of trying to apologize for his unprofessionalism and turn the situation around he said well I'm done too, as if to say you can't fire me because I quit. I would not hire this person or suggest his services to friends or family. He certainly did not seem to have the knowledge to complete a retrofit electrical job. If he only wants to complete easy jobs then he should only work in new construction where there are no obstacles to getting the job done. He was dismissive, offensive, and rude to a female client.

Description of Work
He was to provide an estimate for an electrical project in our back yard.

09/04/2013

Richard B.

Great job. They explained everything well beforehand. They even upgraded the transformer for the lights at no extra charge.

Description of Work
Completely rewired our back yard electrical system and installed lighting

07/17/2013

John H.

Medhi is a true professional. He worked quickly and resolved the problem. The meter "socket" and the wire leading up to it had been burned out due to arcing over the years. The manufacturer who built the panel that contained the meter socket and wiring was no longer in business so he wasn't able to order a replacement part. There happened to be a spare meter socket built into the panel that was still in perfectly good condition and Medhi was able to re-wire it. The 220 voltage was restored. This saved us approximately $6,000 that it would have cost us if we had to replace the entire panel for all three units (this was an apartment building). The total price for the job was under $200!! Medhi did a great job. This guy's a genius!

Description of Work
Repaired an electric power problem. The 220 voltage was out. Medhi (the electrician) diagnosed the problem and fixed it.

03/10/2013

Robert B.

Called on a Monday and was able to arrange for service on the next Saturday morning. Technician arrived at 8:30am and we discussed options and prices. Agreed on ballast and bulb replacement for laundry room but total fixture replacement for kitchen and bathroom (newer solid-state and more standardized bulbs). A second technician was brought in to finish the job faster. Very satisfied with the quality of the work and cleanup. All fixtures delivering plenty of light.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced ballast and bulbs for overhead florescent lights in laundry room. Replaced 4 overhead florescent light fixtures and bulbs in kitchen and two fixtures with bulbs in a bathroom.

02/18/2013

Rene L.

The owner came and gave as an estimate of the jobs. We had gotten estimates from other companies that Emily recommended. We selected Armor and communicated through email and phone calls. We selected the date and they came over to rewire the garage. They did a great job. We were impressed and decided to have them do the second job. The second job required a permit which he obtained and the work went smoothly. Again they did a great job. We told him that if we need further electrical work we would call he.

Description of Work
The first job was to rewire the garage and replace all the wiring, outlet , and ceiling pack fixtures. Everything was done according to contract. They were courteous and efficient. They also cleaned up after the job was done. The second job was running a 30 amp 220 volt circuit from the main panel to the garage and digging an 18" trench from the main panel location to the garage and running a 3/4" PVC through the trench. A 4 space sub-panel was installed in the garage to feed the existing receptacles and lights. He also fixed the exterior stucco to make room for the conduit. He had to obtain a permit for this job.They cleaned up and properly disposed of materials.

01/24/2013

Douglas C.

We are glad that we joined Angies list, because we found a great electrician (Armor Electric). They are very professional and extremely reliable. Mehdi, thank you for the good work you and your crew did for us.

Description of Work
Replaced very old and dangerous electrical box, all new house wiring, new switches, new outlets and new can lighting in the kitchen. All work up to codes and work passed with flying colors.

11/27/2012

Linda P.

Armor Electric came in and removed my old "eighties" overhead fluorescent lighting and installed canned lighting. It turned out beautifully, and changed the whole look of the kitchen. Mehdi is very experienced, and has a great sense of how the lights should be positioned to truly enhance the kitchen. I was very happy with my experience with Armor Electric, professional, polite, punctual and gave me thorough paperwork on the work done, what was charged for each part of the work. I highly recommend this company and will be using them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Removed old overhead fluorescent lighting in kitchen and replaced with canned lighting. Removed frame that held old fluorescents, from ceiling

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for your feeback we really appreciate it! :)

11/06/2012

Wayne D.

The guys at Armor answered my call when I had a dead circuit. One of their technicians came out 30 minutes after I called, and spent about two hours diagnosing the problem, which was a loose neutral wire in one of the switches. The other reviews are spot on.

Description of Work
Fixed a dead electrical circuit.

10/17/2012

David S.

I gave several companies a call and ended up giving Armor Electric the job. Medhi came out to the house to do a site survey, he was prompt, friendly and very professional. We walked through want I needed and he gave me a very good run down of the steps that would take place along with the timing of all of it. His crew was due to show up at 8am to start teh work and to my surprise they were right on time and started working. The crew worked well together very proficient, polite and professional. The job went just as Medhi described and the crew even cleaned up the work area and took the trash out. I could not be more pleased with the work and service that Armor Electric performed and highly recommend using them for any of their service. The electrical inspector even commented on how nice of a job that they had done.

Description of Work
I needed to have my service panel upgraded from the 100amp panel to 200amp in preparation of a kitchen remodel.

09/29/2012

Steven W.

As a construction defect attorney, I take the vetting process of potential contractors very seriously, and can only say that Mehdi is a true professional and remarkably qualified. Nowhere is this more important than in a condo or apartment building, particularly with electrical work. One seemingly innocent act of cutting a corner can lead to enormous ramifications down the line. With Mehdi, you never have to worry about that. Indeed, the old adage, "you get what you pay for" definitely applies. From the time he came out to give me an estimate, to the final completion date of the project, his knowledge and breadth of experience reassured me that he was a consummate professional who would treat the property as if it was his own. When it was time to pull permits, Mehdi quickly advised of the additional requirements that would be necessary due to California's strict building code for condos (fire boxes around each recessed light because the ceiling itself is fire rated, thereby preserving the continuity of the fire barrier) and the need to use armored cable instead of regular non-metallic (Romex) wiring. After permits were pulled, the work started promptly. Mehdi kept me updated every step of the way, which again, was that extra reassurance that allowed me to consistently keep the faith that I picked the right guy for the job. With the project now completed, I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with the work. A simply stellar company which could qualify for every superlative one could think of. While I hope I do not need electrical work done in the future, if I do, there is only one man to call: Mehdi.

Description of Work
Mehdi and his guys installed recessed lighting (15 total) in my condo, putting cans in the kitchen, living room, and bedroom.

08/18/2012

Mitchell J.

After buying a new house, I Called and set up an appointment so he could look at the house inspector's report and check the electrical panel. Was very punctual and job was done in one day. Really did a nice job even dealing with the pain in the neck Santa Monica inspectors.

Description of Work
Replaced outdated and dangerous electrical panel with a new panel and some other miscellaneous electrical around the house.

08/10/2012

Sharon K.

The project went very well; the work was completed on time. Mehdi and his crew were very personable and professional, and worked late into the night to finish the job. Some follow-up work was needed to comply with the permit; Mehdi immediately attended to it.

Description of Work
Rewired very old house, upgraded electric panel, installed new outlets.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for your feedback; We appreciate your business.

Best Garage Door Repair and Service LLC

Best Garage Door Repair and Service is a full-service garage door repair and maintenance company proudly serving the Southern California community. We are licensed, bonded and insured. We are a family-owned and operated business, so we understand the importance of building customer relationships. Therefore, our highly trained, friendly technicians are always available to answer questions you may have about our services or your garage door in general. We dedicate our time to providing our clients with the highest quality service possible. Therefore, we offer same-day service, prioritizing your garage door needs. We know your time is valuable, so we ensure we get the job done right the first time. Best Garage Door Repair and Service also offers a warranty on all of our work, so you can be confident that we will repair your garage door properly.

Safe Haven ADT

Not all ADT Authorized Dealers are alike. Don’t settle for anything but the best for your security. As the nation’s largest ADT Authorized Dealer and one of the fastest-growing segments of the ADT business family, we’ve developed an understanding of the needs of our clients that I'm confident you’ll find nowhere else. When you work with Safe Haven, you can depend on our team of high-level, forward-thinking men and women committed to creating a home security system tailored to your needs. We look forward to forming real relationships with our clients and serving as a solid resource for home security. Most importantly, we’re motivated by keeping you safe.

Laurel Landscapes - Los Angeles

Laurel Landscapes is a landscaping company providing beautiful, bespoke, and sustainable landscape design/build services for homeowners seeking a personal oasis to make and share life's best moments and memories. We provide full-scale yard transformations with white-glove management from start to finish through a dedicated expert project manager. We coordinate design, subcontractors, timelines, and budgets - leaving you space to enjoy the creative process with ease, and more free time to live your best life. Create an inspiring outdoor space aligned with your ideal lifestyle. Message us today to schedule your complimentary yard consultation and get started building the yard of your dreams! DREAM IT We meet with you one-on-one to discuss how we can help you get more out of your yard. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor space to relax in, a safe, fun space for your family to play, or your own edible garden, we can help you take your wildest vision and make it a reality. DESIGN IT We take your ideas and turn them into a custom design made just for you. Our landscape designers are horticulture experts and know how to pick the right plants that are not only beautiful and unique, but meant to grow in your native landscape and climate. We can incorporate custom features that take your oasis to the next level including fire pits, raised beds, pergolas, trellises, fences, and more! BUILD IT Once we’ve created a design that is perfect for you, our professional landscape team will see it through. Before you know it, your garden will be completely transformed and you can enjoy life’s best moments in your personal oasis right outside your kitchen door. Best of Houzz, Angie’s List Super Service winner, BBB A- Rating, and 5-stars on Google Reviews Browse past projects, meet the team serving your city, and sign up to receive access to our 2022 lookbook to explore our Signature Design Styles at www.laurellandscapes.co/la-team

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    California
    California: Contractors
    09/30/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Residential / Commercial / Industrial wiring installation,Service Panel Upgrades, Old home rewiring, Recessed Lighting, Electric vehicle charger installation, Appliances Circuits, New service installations and upgrades, New circuit additions, Troubleshooting & Repair, Breakers & Fuses ,Custom residential recess lighting and dimmer controllers Outdoor landscape lighting controls,Light Switches & Dimmers,Knob and tube wiring upgrades,GFCI outlets,Smoke alarm, Whole House Surge Protector