CXC Contracting

Founded 1995 • With Angi since August 2013

365 E Avenida De Los Arboles Ste 261

Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

CXC Contracting specializes in Foundation Repair and Earthquake Retrofitting. They work to make your home as safe and secure as possible under all conditions. Call us today!

09/07/2018

Connor M.

Will and his team at CXC did a great job replacing a failing stem wall perimeter foundation on my 1920s mid-city home. I bid the project out to six different contractors. His bid came in close to most and it became quickly apparent that his crew would delivery the highest quality and integrity to the job. His ability to accommodate my scheduling needs, the crew's many years of experience and overall professionalism, and the quick communication from the office administration all resulted in a great experience. A big shout out to WILL (Owner), CELSO (Foreman), and ROSANNA (Administration). Word of advice, get multiple bids and always verify general commercial liability insurance and that it covers the type of work that is going to be done. CXC's was easily verified...others were not and in some instance foundation repair was not even underwritten into their policies. CXC is BBB accredited, many others are not. I would not hesitate to work with Will and CXC again on my future projects.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair/Replacement

Category foundation repair, earthquake retrofitting

08/27/2018

Mark F.

Great! The quality of the work and attention to customer service were great. The owner came on site, gave me an estimate and walked me through the process.

Description of Work
They replaced some foundation part.

08/07/2018

David Owen T.

They reinforced my building as required by City of Los Angeles for Retrofitting; The service was professionally and smoothly done, He is a very honest and a very knowledgeable contractor, and very ethical. He is very trustworthy.

Description of Work
They reinforced my building as required by City of Los Angeles for Retrofitting (Soft Story Retrofitting) to help reinforced during an earthquake

08/06/2018

Shari B.

They are probably the most honest. Mr. Crawford came to my home. Very patient and took time to look at the whole situation. Willing to work with us. I would not hesitate to use him.

Description of Work
Estimate for repairs.

08/02/2018

Mike F.

It went very well. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did foundation repair.

08/01/2018

Don J.

Good estimate, he was on time, it was a good installation.

Description of Work
Replaced corner of our lot, where the earth had shifted around the swimming pool, put in concrete buffers on retaining wall.

08/30/2017

Erika G.

The appointment was easy to make and the staff were friendly. On the day of the appointment, the driver called me 30 minutes late to say that he had a flat tire and tried to cancel the job. With some convincing, I was able to get them to agree to send another inspector out to the site later in the day and provide a report.

Description of Work
CXC came out to do a foundation inspection on an apartment building purchase.

04/12/2017

Joseph N.

Once appt was scheduled, the rep came to the house and did an inspection. He gave me an oral report, with a promise that further information would be forthcoming via email. To date, I have not received a written report or the promised estimate for work that should be done.

Description of Work
Bought a foundation inspection deal for $125.

03/30/2017

KAREN G.

Their price was fair--I had other estimates for the same work. The crew arrived right on time, got to work, left my yard clean and in order. Ed Moore was always responsive to my phone calls and emails.

Description of Work
Foundation repair.

02/25/2017

JOAN V.

Will devised a clever solution to our outdoor drainage problem, which included the installation of a high quality sump pump as well as drainage pipes. It was professionally executed by his crew, and the system works exactly as it should!

Description of Work
Control drainage

Category drain pipe, foundation repair

02/25/2017

JOAN V.

The job was done professionally and on time for the agreed amount. And, as noted above, the system operated beautifully!

Description of Work
Last year, the winter 2015-2016 season had been predicted to be a very rainy year, and so, after water leaked into our bedroom (which is on ground level) from a heavy rain I called a number of contractors to fix the problem. I chose Will of CXC Contracting because he was best able to diagnose the overall problem and then propose a very sensible solution. Basically, the one outdoor drain we had was not actually working, and water was accumulating at that location, just outside our bedroom, as well as at another location, also next to our bedroom. Will installed a new drainage system and a sump pump which sent the water through a 100 ft. pipe to the front of the house, and from that point the water was able to drain towards the street. As it turned out, the predicted rains did not come in 2016, so the system never had a real test. But this winter season, late 2016 to early this year, 2017, the torrential and repeated rains definitely tested the system! And everything worked just as it was intended to do! Although Will's price for the system was far from the lowest bid I got, I am certainly glad I chose him to do this job. In addition to his expertise and professionalism, Will is very personable, and he answered the many questions I had honestly and very promptly by phone and via email.

Category wells, drain pipe

12/07/2016

james S.

Great! Pictures were taken and provided immediately and a quote for other work was provide a few days later.

Description of Work
Review of my foundation.

11/29/2016

Lee S.

Fast response. Upfront about all expenses and coverage in the estimate. Able to reschedule at an earlier time to meet our need which really helped. Great crew. Professional and knowledgeable. Work completed quickly with great cleanup after the job was done.

Description of Work
Garage workshop foundation stabilized to stop settling.

10/22/2016

Katrina S.

Basically, they came, and he wasn't really able to do anything for us so it was a waste of money. He just kind of looked around and said, "Hmm... No. We can't do anything." We were leaking in the garage and there are several spots in our house where there are large cracks and we wanted to make sure what was going on, and he didn't do anything. He just kind of, "Well, you could replace all of this stuff and that'll be like $5,000" and I was like "You got to be kidding me." We had somebody else come out, too. I don't feel like he did anything wrong so I didn't want to post a negative post, but there wasn't also like anything positive out of it, and it felt like a giant waste of my money. But again he didn't actually give us any information other than "By the way, you have cracks in the ceiling that I could say like $5,000" which I haven't even asked him about. I think he should have been more communicative. He could've been more helpful, maybe. I didn't want to post a rating on this because it's kind of complex. He did the job, but it was not helpful. I guess, he did fine for price. I think he was on time.

Description of Work
I had a big deal purchase with CXC Contracting from Angie's List for foundation inspection for water leakage in our garage.

09/07/2016

Elizabeth M.

They offered a fair price, were prompt in scheduling. Will, the owner, bent over backwards for us. He was super nice, even came out a second time to look at a place that hadn't been inspected the first time, and didn't even charge me for that visit. I really appreciated his integrity. The sellers of the home had the work done before we bought it, but I would have used this company if we had to have the work done. The company is very customer service oriented.

Description of Work
CXC Contracting inspected a home that we were purchasing.

07/07/2016

Nancy X.

Ed Moore was covering for the owner who was on vacation. He gave me his recommendations/options which we discussed and a quote for the suggested work. The crew worked on my house for 3 days and arrived on time, did a competent job and cleaned up well. Ed came each day to inspect the progress. I am very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Leveled the broken front section of the house due to the 1994 Northridge earthquake, installed 3 support beams/piers and three large pads of concrete with rebar .

06/15/2016

Tomas K.

Would use Will and CXC any time again and highly recommend. Great work, great responsiveness and communication.

Description of Work
Installed drainage system around perimeter of house. Installed sump pump.

Category wells, drain pipe

02/29/2016

Deborah W.

when we went outside he said I needed work on my foundation and it would cost me ten thousand dollars for 2 hours of work that he could schedule for two days later. he said he would put a brace on small corner of one side of my house and he guaranteed that the foundation would never shift again. He then said "a persons home is the most valuable thing they own". He obviously had no respect for me, my intelligence or my house .

Description of Work
He did not inspect for water leak prevention. He asked me what I thought could be a problem and he only looked at those 3 things. I didn't get any advice or suggestions about how to keep my house water safe.

Category foundation repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review of our services provided to you on November 11, 2015. First, I'd like to personally apologize for not providing the answer you were looking for or for meeting your expectations. Secondly, your review brings up some interesting points I feel I should respond to, for you and future customers: I never take for granted someone's intelligence because I learned long ago that there are many people smarter than me. As a matter of fact, I rely on people's input since they tend to know their houses better than anyone else. I'll start off our inspection asking the "what, where, why, when" questions to try to pinpoint the reason we were called. If, during the course of the inspection, a different issue than that for which we were called for is discovered it is my responsibility to inform you of the issue and if it's an issue that we can address, I will provide a price for it. And, unlike many contractors, I will never try to "close" you right then and there. I believe that when someone is being asked to spend thousands of dollars for a repair they should get different opinions and find a contractor that they are comfortable with...hopefully, it's me. I find that my happiest customers are the ones that were involved in the inspection process, asked questions and perhaps gave a differing thought or opinion so that we, as a team, could come to a conclusion that is right for the customer, not just right for me. So again, I apologize for not providing you the answer you were looking for and hope that you found someone that you were comfortable with. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any further assistance. Sincerely, Will Crawford Owner, CXC Contracting

02/12/2016

Johanna P.

The foundation inspector came earlier than the appointment time that was scheduled and only gave me 15-20 minutes notice. While other people would appreciate that I do not like to be caught off guard like that. He was very knowledgeable and performed a detailed inspection and provided me with a quote for foundation improvements. He also recommended gutters and helped me to design a cost effective gutter system which he was going to relay to his gutter company. This was impressive. But when I scheduled the gutter inspection the gutter guy did not even show up or call to cancel. i let the Foundation inspector know about this and he did not respond. I was very unimpressed with the fact that he did not respond or acknowledge his gutter inspector's mistake. While the Foundation inspector was very knowledge and professional, I would not recommend services from his company due to their lack of responsiveness.

Description of Work
Inspected my foundation and recommended gutters be installed on my house.

11/25/2015

Kathleen C.

Will was knowledgeable and professional. His workers were on time and completed the work in two and a half days. I would highly recommend him and his crew to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
My home has a raised foundation that had several piers that were not attached correctly, beams that did not provide enough support in my kitchen, cracking on the outside of the foundation, and the foundation needed to be earthquake retrofitted.

11/12/2015

Joanne J.

Member Comments: Will walked around the perimeter with me, as many of the contractors did, pointing out and showing the necessary issues, and the same on the interior of the house. But he went a step further and actually realigned my sliding glass door so that it would shut properly. I was very impressed with his skill and his kindness. Will explained that he would put in place at the foundation and push helical piers down 10? to secure the room and the back end of the house. Then he would cut out the old slab up to 3 to 4?from the perimeter, drill and secure the new rebar into the remaining slab at the perimeter, and level everything out. He then would slowly lift the room just a little and fill in the underneath gap with slush cement. He also, at the far corner of the patio which is attached to the house, was going to lift it slightly and force slush cement underneath to keep it from settling again. I liked the idea of the new slab and covering all the bases even the patio. Although I decided to wait until the spring and make another evaluation of my problem at that time, I want to recommend Will Crawford very highly. He went out of his way to help and assist at every level. His knowledge and professionalism was outstanding. His company, CXC Contracting, would be an excellent choice for anyone with a foundation problem.

Description of Work
Will Crawford came to the house and spent much time assessing and analyzing the different aspects and needs of the problem with the foundation. He gave me much information as he thoroughly explained what needed to be done and why.

11/10/2015

Stephen W.

All went very well. Will, the owner, came out to inspect my home's foundation. He was very professional, very thorough. He provided me with a good estimate.

Description of Work
Performed inspection of my home's foundation. Advised on which course of action he would persue.

11/08/2015

Nancy E.

Will Crawford, the owner, came out on a Sunday to give me an estimate. He was punctual and professional, giving me detailed explanations of the different options I had, without any pressure. He spent about half an hour checking the foundation as well as checking the outside of the house to explain another drainage system besides the sump pump. He estimated the work would be done in about a week and it was. Whenever I emailed Will during the week he was prompt to write back. I am very happy with the work done and my house is definitely a lot sturdier. I feel better knowing that I'm more prepared for the upcoming el nino rains as well as earthquakes.

Description of Work
Retrofitted my home (built in the 1920's), Put in a sump pump in the crawl space in preparation for this winter's rains.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

11/05/2015

claudia A.

I received the estimate in a timely manner and I can say with certainty that I will refer his services in the near future.

Description of Work
Hello, Will provided a very comprehensive break down of what needed to be done to the house without any of the regular "sales pitch". He was very professional and I appreciated the fact that he was early to our scheduled appointment as well.

Category wells, foundation repair

09/28/2015

ANTONIO S.

Will Crawford developed a detailed plan after 3 visits to the house and he executed the plan impeccably in the time expected. The job was clean and precise and the drainage and walkway look better than I expected. Definitely CXC is to be recommended and will be our first choice for future work/improvement at our home.

Description of Work
CXC Contracting installed underpinning pads, based on engineering drawings, to support the house foundation. He also restored and extended the concrete walkway around the house to protect the foundations and improved the storm drainage.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Elite Rooter

Elite Rooter is a local licensed plumbing services company offering professional, reliable and friendly plumbers. We never charge trip fees, estimates are always free and we have special offers on drain cleaning.

2022 Super Service Award

Dalinghaus Construction, Inc

Our foundation repair, concrete lifting, and support or anchoring products are manufactured to the highest standards, comply with the industry’s strictest guidelines and have been tested by over 100 major structural repair contractors throughout North America. Installation of any product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty along with our own in-house written, transferable warranty! We continuously deliver on a promise to offer great quality and service to our customers. We are consistently implementing the ever-changing methods and technology that present themselves in the construction industry. With our customer’s goals and expectations as our primary company focus, we will continuously strive to better ourselves and our company. We truly respect and appreciate each customer’s project like it is our very own. Our promise to you: We “NEVER SETTLE” for anything but the BEST! For more information or to schedule your inspection, call today!

OZ Electric

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

California
    CSLB
    10/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Caissons and Grade Beams, Helical PIers, Foundation Lifting, Foundation Repair & Replacement, Crawl Space Repair, Surface/Gutter/French Drainage Systems, Sump Pumps, Earthquake Retrofitting/House Bolting, Waterproofing