AE Roofing Experts

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2010

4.4

745 Glen Oaks Rd

Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

AE Roofing Experts is a premier residential and commercial contractor that produces top qualityroofing, renovations and remodeling projects giving every customer a sense of security, confidence and pride they deserve. When you choose AE Roofing Experts you can be assured that you are being taken

03/30/2021

Pleshette G.

They provided a professional estimate to me over the phone.

Description of Work
Roof needs to be replaced

12/17/2020

Rory A.

I reached out to get a quote from them. They never responded. They instead sold my info to a bunch of third party companies. My phone's been ringing non-stop all sorts of salespeople. Horrible.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

04/22/2019

Shahar G.

Excellent! they provided great service, they took care of everything, the work was proffessional and efficient. They finished on time and Carlos the owner is a pleasant person to work with.

Description of Work
A complete roof tear down and installation.

01/28/2018

Craig N.

Very satisfied with the initial response, availability, estimate, and completed work. In short, excellent work at a reasonable price. We have a concrete tile roof. They were able to make an estimate within a day or two and the job was complete a few days later. A single roofer worked for less than a day, lifting the tiles, removing the old flashing, putting in much better modern flashing and underlayment, and replacing the original tiles. It looks professionally done, and there were no leaks from a recent gully-washer of a storm. We were so satisfied we hired them for two other small roofing jobs.

Description of Work
Fix roof leak by replacing chimney flashing.

11/11/2015

Joel N.

They were good though. But, their estimate was not within my budget. They said, "We need to do this. We need to do that." I said, "Well. Okay. Forget it." They didn't do anything. They just told me the condition of my roof.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them. They came and checked my roof.

10/27/2015

Yevgeny R.

Description of Work
Whole roof replacement with instruction of new plywood

05/14/2014

Scott R.

Description of Work
Great work--performed work as promised. Only "negative" is they are geographically distant from my house--constrains their schedule for work in Orange County. With this being said, I would use them again, even with the need to work around days when they have other jobs in the area.

04/03/2014

david J.

didn't use

Description of Work
nothing

03/26/2014

jet H.

AE Roofing Experts were excellent. They were very professional. They took pictures before and afterwards the work was completed. I even recommended him to others. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
AE Roofing Experts fixed a leak that was coming through near my chimney

03/26/2014

Steven B.

DO NOT USE. If I could rate this company below an F I would. First, he missed our initial appointment. When I called he said no that I was mistaken (I was not). Reluctantly, I rescheduled for later in the week. He showed up and did a quick inspection of the roof and said he'll contact me with an estimate. I asked him about what the $48 was supposed to cover and he said oh not much really just an estimate and a couple of minor sealing around 3 pipes. I told him at least go do that. It really seemed like I was bothering him by asking to do what I paid for. He went back up on the roof. A couple of minutes later I saw his truck pull out of the driveway and haven't heard from him since. No estimate and no work performed. I SERIOUSLY WANT MY MONEY BACK FROM THIS GUY!

Description of Work
I paid for $100 worth of repairs and maintenance and asked for an estimate on other repairs and re-roofing. None of this was done.

03/21/2014

Teresa K.

I first called AE Roofing with the $99 Roof Maintenance voucher on 2/28/14. Set up a roof inspection appt. on 3/1/14 around 10am. He did not show up. Called him, and said he forgot to put me on his calendar; when he spoke to me the day before, he was in the field working, and did not have his calendar with him. Scheduled to come out at 4pm the same day. He showed up on time. Looked at my roof leak, and said it will need more extensive repairs. He drafted a proposal on how he was going to fix the leak, and also for resealing some of the flashings. He then said he needed to charge me $100 over the $450 he quoted for resealing the flashings. I told him that the resealing was included in the roof maintenance package. He then dropped the $100 extra charge. A few days later, he and another worker came to my home and repaired the roof. I took a look at it, and it looks great! Hopefully, it will withstand the next LA rainstorm!

Description of Work
REPAIRED THE ROOF LEAK AT THE FRONT RIGHT SIDE OF THE DOOR. THE FOLLOWING WAS DONE: ROOF REMOVAL: Remove the asphalt roof shingles 4’ around the front end of the valley flashing and along the stucco wall and save for re-use if possible. Cut off the front end of the valley flashing (3’) and clean up and haul away the debris to the landfill On an area of 3’x3’ on the valley behind the stucco wall install one layer of Base Sheet 28 Lbs. mechanically fasten with 1” round cap nails in a pattern (two rows in the center 18” apart staggered and 9” apart on the laps). Torch applies one layer of Dibiten Mineral Surface Modified Bitumen Membrane to the field as per building code. Load and install one layer of #30 lbs. astm felt, install new 2”x2” baked enamel drip edge metal, install new 5”x7” tin shingles to the wall. Install 18” painted valley flashing and install two new dormer roof vents and install new sheet metal flashing to the chimney and to the skylights. Install new asphalt shingles (to match the existing color and brand) fastened with 4 roofing nails per strip (as per manufacturer specifications). Inspect the rest of the roof and re-seal the chimney counter flashing with new “Polymer Sealant Caulking” and any roof pipe flashing.

Ethel R.

I did not get a chance to deal with the contractor since the response was unacceptable, based on the expectations listed on the advertisement.

Description of Work

[member name removed], I sorry was not able to provide you with the service you were expecting, my excuse with you is that after the rain storm we received 1000's of calls, unfortunately we were not able to respond to all of them. Again I regret for not provide you with the affordable service. Thank You!

Samuel S.

To start off, Poor communication, said it was too far, (but clearly inside the scope of the ad) once there he complained about the Angie's List program, I asked him if he could seal two small areas about the size of a softball, that was leaking into the attic. He complained that he only makes $24.50 but did seal it with a very clear "No Guarantee, unless we tore out the shingles and re-worked it. was at my house about 7 minutes. I would NOT recommend, Sorry.

Description of Work
sealed a very small area where the AC unit brace is nailed to the roof

[member name removed], I can not warranty a repair, I sealed those brcause you told me thats where water was coming thru. If water is coming thru a pipe all it takes to fix is just sealing the pipe. But on you case I was not confident that just sealing the pipes will take care of the problem. But you do not want to spend $$ to really fix the problem

Christine K.

Never got started - no call to set up appointment.

Description of Work

Hello [member name removed] I did respond thru Angie's List on 3/08/2014, left my cell phone number but you never call back!!!

03/09/2014

Sara T.

provider never responded to requests for an appointment

Description of Work

Good morning I did left a messages on 3/7/2014 asking if we can meet on 3/12/2014

03/07/2014

Paula H.

They sent one email after I paid my $49 for a roof evaluation, saying they'd contact me in 48 hours to set up an appointment. I did not hear anything. So I sent another message, asking they to please respond with a date for the roof evaluation. I still heard nothing back 5 days later. I am asking for a full refund. Also, this is the first service I have actually used through Angie's List. I am not at all impressed, and will be cancelling my membership.

Description of Work

[member name removed] I really for the bad experience, as I said becouse where we are located is a long distance to your home thats why we need to have two or more appointment schedule on a way to provide you with a low cost services.

01/09/2014

ROBERT D.

He did a great job. He was right on time and cleaned up everything. There is no evidence that he was ever even there because he painted the fascia board to match. The pricing was one half of a previous bid from another company. He is a good guy and has a good reputation. I have a high level of confidence in his work.

Description of Work
He replaced about 22' of fascia on my house. In order to do this, he had to remove the old flashing and replace that as well. In order to remove the flashing, he had to remove two rows of cement tile from the roof. He also re-caulked around the chimney and added some trim tiles that were not put back when the roof was replaced a number of years ago. He checked the roof sheeting to make sure there was no rot, replaced the tar paper underlayment and replaced the tiles he removed to get to the other work.

12/27/2013

Monica S.

We couldn't be more pleased with the workmanship, pricing, and professionalism of this company. I would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
AE Roofing did a complete roof maintenance on our 6-year tile roof. Additionally, he provided replacement gutters for our entire house and garage.

Category gutter repair, roofing

11/20/2013

Ge S.

The work started on time and finished in 2 days. The owner (Carlos) was friendly and willing to reduce prices of additional costs on fixing problems found after removing the old roof. The total cost was average on all bids. The new roof looks great after installation.

Description of Work
Replaced ~800 sf flat roof with energy cap torch roof membrane. Replaced 51' fascia board and 5 sheets of plywood. Replaced 70' dry rot wood. Installed 3 roof dormer vents. Installed matched tiles between the flat roof and tiles on slope.

01/12/2012

Anthony R.

The repair took maybe 3 to 4 hours the first time. Then we had a good rain the and roof leaked, so we had the company come out again. The second visit he spent a couple of hours to find the leak. The roof has not leaked since.

Description of Work
The company repaired a leak on a flat garage roof. They had to come out again after the initial repair to finally locate the leak. We are happy with the service provided

08/22/2011

Robert T.

none

Description of Work
I had Carlos come out to look at a problem with my roof. After inspection Carlos explained what work he was going to propose. He was the only one, outside of a contractor I was using for a remodel, to really address the problem. His bid was 3 times the amount of what the remodeled contractor ended up doing for me. Carlos was very professional and his bid was very detailed. If it was not for the current remoldel, I probably would have used A E Roofing.

06/21/2011

William M.

It was a good experience. It was done very quickly, competently, and reasonably. The technician was very professional and fixed the problem right away. I'm happy with their services.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak in my roof.

12/04/2010

nancy O.

Carlos worked with us on the price and timing . He and his crew were very accommodating to special needs we had with our dog in the yard. I had 6 estimates and went with AE Roofing for his attention to detail and thoroughness in his work.We were very pleased with his crew and their great work.

Description of Work
Reroof entire house,replace rotted shiplap and fascia board.

Category gutter repair, roofing

L I Metal Systems

Our firm was founded in 1970 and we have successfully completed over 600,000 installations. We currently do work for Military Builders, Large Residential Developers, Custom Home Builders and Homeowners. The management team that guides this enterprise has over 200 years experience in the contracting field. Our success is based on our understanding the particular needs of each customer. We specialize in personalized and reliable service for any size job. If you wish to be spoiled with great service from caring professionals, now is your chance. Enlist the services of the professionals at L I METAL SYSTEMS today!

Edward Klecka Construction

We've been in business since 1984 and we offer remodeling, additions, flooring, siding and roofing services in Newbury Park, CA and surrounding areas.

Offers Coupon

Universal Builders Co

Universal Builders Co has been serving Southern California since 1997. We have been assisting our customers with their roofing repairs and replacements. We strive to keep our customers happy and meet all their construction needs. http://Http://Universalbuildersco.com

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Commercial & Residential Inspecition, Tear Offs, Lay-Overs, New Roofs, Re Roofs, Repairs, Shingle & Tile Replacement, Rubber Roofs & Shingle Roofs, Roofing Estimates, Soffit & Facia Work, Tuckpointing, Carpentry, Roof Certifications

Dry Rot Wood Replacement