Royal Oak Flooring, Inc

Founded 2019 • With Angi since March 2019

Specializing in Traditional and Modern Hardwood Floor, Luxury Vinyl Plank, and Engineered Flooring Installation, Sanding and Refinishing. Family Owned and Operated, Royal Oak Flooring, Inc has achieved a level of excellence unmatched in the flooring industry. CSLB Licensed and Bonded #1043907

Flooring Sales and Installation Project

flooring

Remove carpet, tile, and plywood. Install new Luxury Vinyl Plank and Baseboards
View project

hardwood floors (178)flooring (88)floor buffing (1)carpet installation (11)tile installation (5)hauling (4)woodworking (2)mudjacking (1)concrete repair (1)

05/23/2022

Ashley K.

Laurie and David are gems. They and their team make sure that you feel appreciated as a customer and their quality of work cannot be beat. I would absolutely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Old Flooring Removal and LVP Install

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

Review for Royal Oak Flooring, Inc - 19503 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA - 39742454

03/03/2022

Ryan S.

Amazing service and craftsmanship - highly recommend!

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 03/03/2022

05/15/2021

Mark J.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Called Royal Oak the week of March 14 for a quote. I left a message and never heard back. I called again and their voice message said to try their cell phone. Called their cell phone and no response. I texted their cell phone and heard back from Laurie who texted “ Sorry for the delay. We are unavailable to get back to you until tomorrow, Friday the 26th”. No one got back to me. I texted again on March 30 and still no reply. I do not understand why they are still listed on Angie’s List? Please save yourself time and energy and do not call Royal Oak Flooring.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor repair

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

10/16/2020

Param D.

Went smoothly, professional, quality work, pricing true to quote

Description of Work
Install luxury vinyl plank and remove carpet

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

07/24/2020

Gary M.

Description of Work
I hired Royal Oak to install hardwood floors in my home and my experience with them throughout the project was excellent. From the moment I contacted Laurie for an estimate, everything went smoothly, on time and on budget. I always appreciate when contractors are honest and trustworthy and easy to communicate with, and that’s what I got with Laurie and Dave. Royal Oak installed hardwood floors in my family room, dining room and three bedrooms. Their pricing was great, their team that came to my home for the install were polite and professional, and the work done was excellent. I have had lots of contractors do work for me over the years and I can honestly say Royal Oak was the best. Five stars!

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

12/21/2019

Gary M.

It went great. Laurie and Dave were very professional and easy to communicate with. Dave and his team did excellent work, paying attention to detail and always concerned with doing the best work rather than just getting it done quick. They installed flooring and baseboard in my entire 1400 sq ft house, including kitchen and bathrooms, and it all looks great.

Description of Work
Install vinyl plank flooring and baseboard in entire house

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

Review for Royal Oak Flooring, Inc - 19503 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA - 38297400

10/28/2019

paul E.

Very professional work in a timely manner. Would definitely recommend to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

09/07/2019

Charlie L.

I can’t recommend Royal Oak Flooring highly enough. My wife and I met Laurie at her shop on Ventura Blvd. (suggest you make an appointment to ensure finding her there) in order to figure out whether Royal Oak could accommodate what we were trying to do. Previously we’d talked with 2 big-box stores and 2 small flooring shops but they all seemed to be trying to sell us very basic (but cheaper) installations. We wanted a floor with a thin black strip about 5” in from the wall to serve as a border. We also wanted mitered 45-degree corners rather than butted. The Royal Oak store is not large, compared to, say, Floors & Decor, but it has an overwhelming variety of samples. And Laurie is the kind of person who will make a phone call on the spot to find out if what you want is possible. She gave us several 2”x2” samples to take home and emailed us quotes for the different flooring and installations we were considering. After a few days we settled on a floor with 5” wide maple planks and the black border. We appreciated Laurie’s willingness to listen to what we wanted rather than try to sell us what she’d already done 1000 times. We realized why Laurie had the confidence to consider alternatives to the basic installation after Rafael and Abel showed up. These guys were the craftsmen we were beginning to think existed only on some other continent, the craftsmen who’d have to be flown over to the U.S. and put up in a motel while they worked on our mitered corners and our black border 5” from the wall. My wife and I are both retired engineers, so (1) we’re detail-oriented, and (2) we got a lot of time on our hands. I can be a pain in the butt, for sure, but Rafael and Abel never shied away from questions. And they asked them too. At one point I asked Rafael if there was a saying in Spanish equivalent to “The Devil is in the details.” Smiling, he assured me there was. Quite honestly, it got so that just seeing these guys in the morning was reassuring. They cleaned up everyday before leaving, made Herculean attempts to keep dust from escaping, and in general tried to reduce their impact on the normal house functioning as much as possible. We’re very happy with the new hardwood floor we got thanks to Royal Oak Flooring.

Description of Work
New hardwood floor for entryway and dining room

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

Review for Royal Oak Flooring, Inc - 19503 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA - 38094569

08/11/2019

Peter M.

Everyone at Royal Oak was fantastic. From sales to installation. Quite often you get a great sales office but the team actually doing the work can be iffy. Not at Royal Oak. Would trust them with my home in the future.

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

05/16/2019

Tom M.

Awesome, friendly, punctual and prompt.

Description of Work
We purchased a new home and had our painters remove a bookshelf that was loose. We assumed the flooring had been done underneath the shelf and to our dismay is wasn’t. There was a 1ft deep by 10ft wide patch of carpet there. Mortified, we called around Angie’s list and Laurie from Royal Oaks gave us a call. She got there the same day and got her crew there the next day and had the floor done till the end. Luckily, the previous owner left us some extra flooring. She can through when we needed her.

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

04/08/2019

Abigail R.

It was fabulous. They are prompt, did an excellent job and are very neat. The floors look beautiful and are beautifully laid. I had used them years ago to replace carpet in one of the bedrooms, and liked them. They did not disappoint this time. I would recommend them to anyone wanting wood floors put in.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in two bedrooms with Cali Bamboo flooring.

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

03/09/2019

Laura R.

They are totally awesome in everything of this project, beginning with the estimate till the finished of the project. Keep up the great work!! 2 thumbs up

Description of Work
Flooring in our mortuary chapel

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

11/07/2018

Marie S.

We were very happy with the work, thank you Beau and your experienced crew. The work was meticulous and professional.

Description of Work
Sanding & refinishing

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/24/2018

Judith and Michael K.

Beau and his crew installed a new prefinished wood floor in my dining room, entry way, living room and family room. In a few short years, the floor is scratched, dented and floor boards are loose. We have contacted them more times than I can count. Most of the time there is never a call back or when an appointment is set a no show. This is not the way a business should be run. I would think twice about hiring them. I know I am in the minority, but truth is truth. UPDATE: Beau contacted us and his crew came out promptly completing all necessary repairs.

Description of Work
New floor installation

Work Completed On 10/24/2012

Good Morning [Member Name Removed], We apologize this has not been addressed. We would like to set up a day to repair this issues with your hardwood floors. We do not have a phone number to contact you. Please call or email so we may speak to you today. 818-883-4454 royaloak1234gmail.com Thank you Again, Laurie Delwarte

06/25/2018

Steve J.

Love these guys!!! Their crew is the best.

Description of Work
Floor installation

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

05/31/2018

Jean B.

I was never able to connect with anyone at this store after attempting to visit three times. Each time, although I was within the designed hours, the doors were locked. Their website says the store is opened until 4:00 each day. The sign on the door says it's opened until 3:00 each day, and this website says it is opened until 2:45 each day. If this is an appointment-only business it should be indicated on the website. I drove there three times. Parked my car three times and put money in the meter three times. Although I always prefer using local businesses, I won't be visiting this store again. If you plan to visit Royal Oaks Flooring, you should definitely call first.

Description of Work
I am planning to install hardwood flooring in my entire house

Work Completed On 07/01/2018

12/07/2017

Daniel M.

Beau and his entire staff of craftsman did an incredible job and were very responsive and accommodating to the challenges I gave them as a first time acting general contractor. Along with his showroom manager Laurie, their product suggestions helped to give us a gorgeous floor we will enjoy for years. Beau was also able to come up with a matching rubber/vinyl solution for our enclosed sun porch which is beautiful and will stand up to the pool traffic.

Description of Work
Engineered hardwood floors in entire house and rubberized vinyl planks on the sun porch near the pool.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

09/11/2017

C F G.

Had to remove hardwood flooring that had water damage and replace entire flooring. Completed work in a very timely manner and with great pride. Third time I have used them, and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace hardwood flooring upstairs and downstairs

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

08/30/2017

Diane B.

They're great. They redid the hardwood in the whole house when I moved in. They are a very good company.

Description of Work
They redid a floor in the bedroom for me.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

07/05/2017

Chris A.

The experience was great! The crew was fantastic and finished a day early. Furniture moving in and out of the room was much appreciated.

Description of Work
Removal of old carpet and refinishing of existing hardwood floors underneath.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

02/15/2017

Michael D.

It took a bit of time to get on the calendar, but today Eddie showed up and did a beautiful job replacing the entire length with a single piece (50" X 4" X 1/2" oak) that was a perfect color match to everything else. No charge. Never a word of resistance to my request. I love these guys.

Description of Work
This is a followup to the previous review I wrote on the main job. In this case, there was one stair molding board that had been spliced in the original job, and the wood color on the small piece was not a good match. I requested, after I had paid for the whole job, that they fix it.

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

12/05/2016

Beth H.

From the time I walked through the front door of the Showroom they were very responsive and accommodating. Their quote was exactly was I was expecting, the job was set up and completely in a timely manner and they were courteous and kind during the entire job! It was like we had known each other for years! The men who installed the floors were knowledgeable, cleaned up every day, and asked for my preference if something didn't look right or they thought I might want it a particular way. They went above and beyond to accommodate my requests. The process was smooth and easy! I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced all the floors in our house (1100) square feet with hard wood floors.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling