Pride Of Los Angeles Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since January 2006

Pride of Los Angeles, a family owner-operated company established in 1981, offers custom specialized cleaning services to quality-minded clients. The success of the company is due to excellent workmanship, integrity and knowledge by its full-time technicians using advanced reliable equipment. We

Marsha Cohen - OwnerCarpet CleaningUpholstery Cleaning

air duct cleaning (26)carpet cleaning (8)dryer vent cleaning (1)floor cleaning (1)

11/28/2017

Ellen L.

They were wonderful and very professional. They had to rescheduled but did give me a 10% to make up for the inconvenience. They did what they said they would and they didn't leave a mess behind. I will be calling them again and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They cleaned my air ducts.

Work Completed On 10/28/2017

We appreciate your remarks and look forward to your next request for service.

07/23/2017

Sydelle F.

Prompt, neat, quick and efficient. Couldn't ask for more!

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners

10/16/2016

don C.

Excellent! The men (the same each time) are very professional, knowledgeable & were able to work around my home office schedule. I have used them quite a few times in the past and I still use them. I am having them come at the end of the month to clean my carpets. That says it all!

Description of Work
vent cleaning

Work Completed On 10/16/2016

01/15/2016

RAPHAEL C.

This company was helpful from the start. Owner Marsha explained their roto-brush method, & how that's better than the "negative vacuum" method usually for a lower price. I asked them to come earlier than usual since I couldn't take off much of work time, and they in fact showed early, unlike most contractors who come late. The two technicians, Jaime and Manuel, were polite and highly professional. I saw how they brushed out each duct, and then cleaned the vent covers until all the metal looked shiny as if new. I'm very satisfied with Pride's work, and they gave an Angie's List discount.

Description of Work
To clean my air ducts (8 in the house).

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 01/14/2016

10/29/2014

Diane P.

The two professionals from Pride of Los Angeles arrived promptly @ 9 a.m. today to clean all of my air ducts. They placed mats on the floors and carpet to protect them, the process took approximately 3 hours to clean 13 air ducts. They rotobrushed the ducts to clean them out and sprayed a deodorizer at the end. I'm hoping that the air duct cleaning will help with my allergies since we have so much dust in the house from a recent kitchen remodel. Thank you so much for the wonderful work.

Description of Work
All of my air ducts and air returns were cleaned with the rotobrush, sanitized and deodorized by the two wonderful professionals that came today. I recently had my kitchen remodeled and the dust has been settling everywhere in the house. I knew that I needed to get my air ducts cleaned.

Work Completed On 10/29/2014

10/07/2014

SID C.

THE PRIDE OF LOS ANGELES SHOULD BE MADE THE MAYOR OF LOS ANGELES.....They will clean up the city, repair the infrastructure, and provide stupendous service to the residents...........Fantastic company...made an appointment for them to come and clean my ductwork. A crew of two came on time, they were very professional, removed all the vents, inspected them and cleaned them with a roto brush. We had mold in one of the ducts, no problem with that. One other company that we had talked to refused to touch it but these guys had no problem with it. They placed blankets all over the condo so that the dust will not fall on the carpet, the cleaned and washed the vents and were polite and knew what they were doing. Kudos to Jamie and his helper. Highly recommend this company. Best of all, we got a 10% discount for being members of Angies List.

Description of Work
Cleaned Ductwork

Category carpet cleaners, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 10/03/2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very proud of our technicians and the trust they build with our customers. They reflect our business that was established in 1981. We welcome referrals for any of our services (in addition to air duct cleaning) shown on our website www.prideofla.com

04/30/2014

Gary F.

Outstanding service. They were prompt, professional, and polite. We will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Dryer Duct Cleaning

Work Completed On 04/30/2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very proud of our technicians and the trust they build with our customers. They reflect our business that was established in 1981. We welcome referrals for any of our services (in addition to air duct cleaning) shown on our website [Hyperlink Removed].

04/10/2014

Joel and Karina D.

It was a pleasure to work with the folks at Pride. Marsha was helpful from the moment I contacted her for a quote. She explained in the services available, the cost, how long it would take and who would be working at my house. She was considerate of my sense of urgency and fit me into the current week's schedule. The guys who came to clean the ducts were prompt, efficient and knowledgeable. They sealed a couple of ducts that were carrying additional dust through our vent system, cleaned our filters, our ducts and the grills. They cleaned the dryer vent and in doing so, restored the dryer's efficiency and safety. Before the guys left, they went over everything that was done. I cannot say enough about Pride; they live up to their name. We can breathe easier now..thanks Pride.

Description of Work
Cleaned my air ducts and dryer vent duct.

Work Completed On 04/04/2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very proud of our technicians and the trust they build with out customers. They reflect our business that was established in 1981. We welcome referrals for any of our services (in addition to air duct cleaning) shown on our website www.prideofla.com.

12/23/2013

Sandra K.

I had just come home from the hospital with my annual allergy related bronchial infection and decided that maybe the air in my house could use improvement. I have never had my air ducts cleaned and thought it might reduce the amount of dust in my house. Fortunately, Pride of Los Angeles was able to schedule me for the same week. My experience with them was excellent from start to finish. The entire process and the costs were explained in the initial phone call. The crew that did the work came on time, were polite and professional. They also explained everything that they would do, which I appreciated. They took care to keep my house clean. I already am noticing less dust in the house. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducts in my house

Work Completed On 12/19/2013

We appreciate this review and welcome your referrals. They will receive the same quality service from our technicians.

09/30/2013

Dikran S.

Contacted Marsha because of Angie's List ratings. As stated, prompt, professional and the estimate (for both time and $$$) were on the dot. The workers were quick (3 hours), and they cleaned 17 ducts and repaired one of them. I would definately use her again. THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE given the string of con-men that preceded me turning to Angie's List to find a duct cleaning service.

Description of Work
Duct Cleaning and repair

Work Completed On 07/18/2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to put this nice review on Angie's List. Marsha

07/01/2013

VICTOR R.

Good! On time, thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Clean all ductwork, returns and filters. Good job!

Work Completed On 10/15/2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review. M. Cohen

09/02/2012

Glen H.

We were very pleased with the service we received. After hearing of people getting scammed or ripped off from companies cleaning air ducts, we were rather apprehensive. That is why we did a seach through Angie's List. We could not have been happier. Marsha Cohen, the owner, returned our call promptly. She explained the procedure, gave us a price and set a date for the service within the following week. Jaime and Manuel were very professional and took care to cover and protect items in our home. They explained each step as they proceeded. The job was completed in a timely manner. We would highly recommend The Pride of Los Angeles.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/31/2012

Thank you for your favorable review. We appreciate your sharing your thoughts with other Angie's List members and welcome your referrals. Marsha Cohen

08/05/2012

Stephanie W.

The owner, Marsha, was super friendly and informative over the phone. I had never had my air ducts cleaned, so she explained the whole process and ensured my clean house wouldn't get dirty with the process. She was right! It came out beautifully and I was so pleased with the result. The guys who came out were very nice and it only took about an hour and a half to do all 5 air ducts. Now my house is feeling fresh when the air is on and it actually made my air conditioning appear more efficient...cooler than it was before. I highly recommend Pride of Los Angeles.

Description of Work
Air ducts were cleaned

Work Completed On 07/26/2012

Thank you for taking the time to send in this review. We appreciate your future referrals. Marsha Cohen

07/27/2012

richard M.

2 service people were on time, personable, clean, respectful, efficient and apparently effective.Have also received a quote for tile and grout cleaning.

Description of Work
Dryer duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/18/2012

Good luck in your new home and thank you for your comments. Marsha Cohen, Principal Pride of LA

06/28/2012

Emily P.

From start to finsh Pride of LA was very professional and easy to work with. They were on time and gave us exactly what we asked for. They spent a lot of time cleaning the carpet in our office and did not give us any false expectations. They practically took out all the stains in the offices (the stains were pretty bad). They even offered to return to spot clean a stain that seemed permanent. I would work with them again but they are a little pricey, then again you get what you pay for...

Description of Work
We had the carpet cleaned (heavy soil) in the entire office (corridors, conference room, hallways, private offices etc.) There were a lot of stains and they made the carpet look as new as possible.

Category carpet cleaners

Work Completed On 06/02/2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Angie's List. Marsha Cohen, Principal Pride of Los Angeles, Inc.

06/28/2012

Kathy R.

The two gentlemen arrived on time. I walked them through the house and showed them where all of the vents were. They informed me it would take about 2 hours. They were very polite and professional. I noticed a difference immediately. I should have called them sooner.

Description of Work
Air Duct Cleaning and Dryer vent Cleaning

Work Completed On 02/21/2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Angie's List. We appreciate all referrals. Marsha Cohen, Principal Pride of Los Angeles, Inc.

02/09/2012

Valerie F.

This is a great company...Marsha was responsive to my calls as well as our special needs. My Mother-in-law is 92 and TLC is always necessary. Marsha and her crew really came through.

Description of Work
Due to a sewage pipe problem all of the ducts in the house had to be cleaned. We also included the dryer duct.

Work Completed On 02/08/2012

Thank you for your prompt response regarding the work we did for your mother-in-law. We hope you will use our services in the future. Agoura Hills is in our service area. Marsha Cohen Pride of Los Angeles Tarzana, CA 818.343.8659

12/10/2011

Megan S.

They did a great job. I had someone in a few years before and they didn't clean out the dryer vent properly. This company cleaned it completely and now everything is working great and the fire danger has been eliminated. I'm not sure if this is a low or high price, but they did the work that needed to be done properly, they gave us a 10% Angie's list discount and gave us a new dryer duct free. Very happy.

Description of Work
Our dryer vent has been clogged for years. Had it cleaned once but apparently they didn't really clean it out. Our dryer vent is very long, around 25ft and they cleaned the entire length.

Work Completed On 12/02/2011

08/22/2011

Susan B.

Quick and timely response to dryer duct that was clogged.

Description of Work
Dryer Duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/15/2011

05/27/2011

Jitesh P.

Jaime showed in right on time, he was courteous and professional and explained clearly what the job would entail and approximate time for completion. The job took a little longer than expected, but that show their thoroughness. They cleaned up fairly well after the work , however , there were some pieces (small) of plaster left on the carpet and tile after removal and replacement of the vent covers. I am meticulous about that, so I maybe being little too critical.

Description of Work
I used PRIDE OF LOS ANGELES INC duct cleaning and cleaning dryer lint trap.

Category carpet cleaners, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 04/25/2011

02/09/2011

Daniel B.

They did a fantastic job. The price was steep but worth it. We've used them before and this time called Sears. Sears was a terrible experience (see review) so we sent them away and called pride of LA. They were great.

Description of Work
Pride of LA came and cleaned our air ducts and registers, as well as the dryer vent.

Work Completed On 01/10/2011

02/07/2011

Sarah J.

They were very helpful over the phone with information. I couldn?t use them because I couldn?t afford it now. I will definitely use them when I have the money.

Description of Work
Pride Of Los Angeles Inc gave me an estimate over the phone for air duct cleaning and for also putting a coating on the duct last month.

Work Completed On 01/13/2011

10/25/2010

Jacqueline H.

It went superbly. I HATE that I had to spend so much money but I asked for a special request, my son is semi-bedridden and we needed the men to start late which meant they had to work overtime. I was just happy to have someone to work with us as we simply have to be the worst case scenario for Duct Cleaners. As fas as the overtime surcharge Marsha (Mrs. Cohen) explained this to us in advance, and it seems perfectly fair that we should have to pay the men overtime if they are having to work overtime. However despite the massive amount of work they managed to minimze our costs by only going over by an hour. They made it so easy, were so willing, and clean. I honestly can't say enough good things about them. I want to add that i have seen so many ad's where they promise to come and do "Winter Special" cleaning for super low amounts of money, and we went for one of these a few years ago. They only cleaned out our system via two openings, one upstairs and one downstairs, and they only used a suction device, Whereas this company cleaned both inside and outisde of every single registered and used what I have learned is called a rotobrush. Thank God, because when they opened the intake vents on our stairwell I could see a five inch layer of dust going all the way 'round the ducts. YUCK! Every time air comes into our rooms it was passing through or over these gross, dirty, icky, (Did I use enough adjectives?) ducts. No wonder my poor son was complaining that he felt like cat hair was sticking to his face. My eyes have been watering and my partner, poor guy, who happens to be allergic to cats, was feeling awful. All better now. I love Angie's list. I highly recommend this company, it was so worth it and I honestly don't think I could have asked for anything to be better, well unles it was free, and I've learned the hard way that you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
We do animal rescue work and needed duct cleaning BADLY! We looked on Angie's List and, as always, found a new wonderful company we will continue to work with. I soke with an extremely knowledgeable woman on the phone, I think one half of the couple who own the company. She Explained exactly what it would cost, and with the 10 percent discount it wasn't a penny more. Two really nice gentlemen showed up and worked HARD to please us. They removed every single air duct cover (We have a BIG house in Brentwood, CA, and our air ducts were filthy), and the two incredibly hard to reach intake valves (Poorly designed , and I built this house, because they are at the very top of a two and a half story central staircase), that no one ever wants to clean or bother with. Then after cleaning everything without leaving any mess, they proceeded to clean out our entire air and heating system.