Paramount Pavers & Construction

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2010

General contractor in Los Angeles and the surrounding counties since 2001. specialize in building Room Additions (Plans to Finish) doing major remodeling. emphasize on giving personal attention as well as working real close up with the customers. I believe in 100% service and respect to the customers. Our Services : Room Additions, Bathroom Remodeling, Landscape, Hardscape, Complete Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, New Construction, Exterior Remodeling, Interior Remodeling, Painting Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Patio Remodeling, Decks, Patios, Retaining Walls, Swimming Pools, Law Voltage, Cement Work, Concrete Work, Bathroom Renovation, Bathroom Installation, Bathroom Removal, Bathroom Remodeling Ideas, Bathroom Replacement, Kitchen Renovation, Kitchen Installation, Kitchen Repair, Kitchen Remodeling Ideas, Kitchen Replacement, Home Addition Contractor, Framing Contractor, Drywall Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, Home Remodeling...

A Service Provider's profile image

+51 more images

hardscaping (101)concrete repair (44)concrete driveways (40)masonry (26)lawn & landscaping (26)stone & gravel (19)Patios (17)stamped concrete (17)drywall (12)home remodeling (11)decks & porches (11)stucco (10)

08/04/2022

Eric J.

From the first meeting with Rudy we knew we were in good hands. The crew were hard working and worked fast, Issac would stop by regularly to check on progress and make sure we were happy. Overall the finished patio is great and the whole team is great to work with. would absolutely recommend.

Description of Work
pavers

Work Completed On 08/16/2022

08/02/2022

John C.

It went very well. 5 stars. They were professional, on time, and courteous.

Description of Work
Drywall, Driveways and Pool Remodeling.

Category concrete driveways, drywall, swimming pools

Work Completed On 07/26/2022

07/22/2022

Andy C.

It was professional done, nice and quick.I consult Rudy Selivry before the project begin and it was easy to deal with..very honest, Im very happy with the result of my project..Thanks to Paramount crews.

Description of Work
pavers

Category hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 07/29/2022

07/14/2022

carol L.

Paramount Pavers is a truly professional organization. They provided us with suggestions for the design at the start. Rudy and Isaac were always available to answer questions. Eddie, the foreman made sure that everything was as we wanted and took care of all of the details. We told them we had to finish by a set date. They started work on schedule and finished the job early. The quality of the work was outstanding. All of the trash was completely removed at the end of the job. Neighbors routinely stop at our driveway now and give us compliments. The price we paid was exactly as on the agreement. We would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

05/25/2022

joey D.

Very nice experience. The pavers look great. The crew was prompt, professional, knowledgeable, and clean. I’d recommend.

Description of Work
Pavers

Work Completed On 05/25/2022

05/07/2022

rRna M.

Paramount Pavers just finished my second project with them. The first was 4 years ago, a driveway and a wall. I was so pleased with their work, that there was no hesitation calling them to come back and build me a new patio, and walkway. As before, Isaac and Rudy came through with exactly what I envisioned. Their staff were timely, pleasant, and did beautiful work. I would not hesitate to call on Paramount Pavers for any future projects!

Description of Work
Patio and walkway

Category pavers, gravel, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/07/2022

05/02/2022

Anna G.

After receiving several bids, we opted to go with Paramount Pavers in large part because the owners, Isaac and Rudy, gave us the greatest sense of comfort that they weren't sketchy contractors. They were a pleasure to work without throughout the project, which included over 100 feet of cinder block walls and 1,000 sq ft of pavers in the driveway and across a front patio and stairs. They worked with us on a some design thoughts up front, and each of their project foremen were able to help us work through some questions that came up during the project. The end result is fabulous -- the project became the buzz of the neighborhood, and we've had several friends call us to let us know it was transformational. They did the whole project within the original bid (which was highly competitive with the other contractors), and didn't try to nickel and dime us for small changes along the way (we paid for one project addition that was outside the scope of the original project). It was a great experience; I will gladly call them when we decide to redo the backyard.

Description of Work
Paver driveway, patio and stairs; concrete walls and pillars

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

[Member Name Removed] it was a true pleasure to work with you guys. thank you for your kind words.

12/24/2021

eunice K.

Fast and wonderful job and workers are very responsible and faithful.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Category concrete driveways, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/08/2022

11/01/2021

jeff D.

It was a great experience, from the design to the finish product, very professional from start to finish, I would highly recommend this company for its through knowledge of there product and the installation, this is truly a "HIGHLY RECOMMENED PROFESSIONAL COMPANY".

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Work Completed On 10/24/2021

10/22/2021

cliff L.

They were fabulous. They cam on time each day and stayed until after it was dark. We had to turn on the outside lights for them as they worked until 8 or so. They were professional, clean, and provided good ideas when choices were necessary. Very talented company. Would recommend them without any hesitation whatsoever.

Description of Work
Removing back lawn and replacing with a paver patio and walkway. Creating planter beds in remaining space

Category remodeling, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

Review for Paramount Pavers & Construction - 19528 Ventura Blvd. #704, Tarzana, CA - 39517726

irma V.

All Work was completed in a timely manner, all workers were extremely professional, and their work was excellent! Labor's were excellent, hard workers I can’t say enough about this team. Dependable, Honest and their work is Outstanding !!!! Very Reasonable ! Highly recommend 🤩

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers, cement work

Category concrete repair, hauling services, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

ritch G.

The project turned out better than we could have expected. We had our driveway and patio area paved. They were quick and efficient. They responded quickly when we reached out to them. They checked in frequently about details and project outcome. They went out of their way to make sure the project was satisfactory.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

Eric N.

Very timely and according to contract. Quality of work was very good with qualified labor doing the work. They also cleaned up every day and did what they said they would.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

09/06/2021

rudy T.

Paramount Pavers does excellent work!! I met Isaac, the owner, back in March of 2020 for our 1st project. His team put in some pavers in our backyard. It involved various elevations and a stairs for our back porch. We were so impressed that we brought them back a 2nd time in April 2021 to put in pavers in our front driveway, including a drainage system. And then we asked them to return a 3rd time to build a staircase for our front porch and more pavers on the side of the house. We worked with Leo, as the foreman, and his team for all 3 projects. They are smart, creative and very hard working - it is very clear that they take pride in their work. The pavers were put in very evenly, with straight lines and good drainage. I highly recommend without reservation - they are the best!

Description of Work
Multi-level back yard pavers, build staircase, driveway pavers, porch pavers

Category decks, concrete driveways, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

Review for Paramount Pavers & Construction - 19528 Ventura Blvd. #704, Tarzana, CA - 39465788

08/09/2021

vartan T.

The work was done quick ahead of estimated schedule, excellent service, nice job (5 stars),easy to work with ,very very reasonable price way better than other company’s

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Category concrete repair, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

07/27/2021

Peggy K.

THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!! 5 stars aren't enough! 100 stars aren't enough! Not only did they do the job Rudy and Isaac promised -- in less time -- they started the job and never left until they were done. Alonzo and his crew are so professional, so very hardworking - always with a smile - and Alonzo makes wonderful artistic and creative suggestions. I will hire them again as soon- and as often -- as I have a project. They are the absolute best. You can trust them, and you will enjoy their company.

Description of Work
concrete and block wall, concrete patio stairs, all around beautification.

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, remodeling, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

Review for Paramount Pavers & Construction - 19528 Ventura Blvd. #704, Tarzana, CA - 39493230

07/27/2021

peggy K.

These guys are THE BEST! Professional, artistic, totally hard-working always with a smile on their faces, on time, respectful - they finished my (very challenging) hard scrape project on time and made artistic suggestions that truly enhanced the design. I’ve had extensive experienced remodeling before and can genuinely say these guys are phenomenal! I can’t wait to do my next project with them. You can trust what they tell you, they are honest and fair. No one could do a better job than the crew at Paramount Pavers.

Description of Work
block wall, concrete stairs

Category concrete repair, hauling services, landscaping, remodeling, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 07/27/2021

Review for Paramount Pavers & Construction - 19528 Ventura Blvd. #704, Tarzana, CA - 39419166

07/25/2021

Gregory K.

I contracted with Paramount Pavers in May 2021 for two main projects: pavers and artificial turf. The Paramount crew assigned to my projects was supervised by “Leo”, with “Isaac”, one of the owners of Paramount, arranging for materials and overseeing my projects. Paramount’s crew was exceptional, hard-working, committed and did an overall outstanding job on the pavers’ project. Leo and his crew demonstrated extraordinary skill and timely execution of every element of the pavers’ installation, from initial demolition of existing reinforced concrete to laying of pavers in the backyard, curved walkways and five levels of large curved steps for the entryway in the front yard, and meandering decorative pavers around the border of the new artificial turf area. The result: a remarkable 5-Stars level pavers’ project that is the proverbial “talk of the town” in my neighborhood. Although “Rudy”, the other owner of Paramount, was my initial contact with Paramount, Isaac took over principal responsibility for the oversight of my projects. Having been in construction many years myself, I was pretty exhaustive in getting estimates for my proposed projects and searching the backgrounds and reputations of nine (9) paver/artificial turf contractors. After comparison of estimates, backgrounds, reputations and even contract forms, I felt the most comfortable with Paramount even though its estimate was at the higher end. Paramount’s contract was the most descriptive and easy for any layman to read and understand, in contrast to other contracts that were lacking in detail, were lacking a satisfactory warranty, contained small print of “hidden” extra charges/conditions and/or in some cases were even unconscionable. Thankfully, Isaac was very accommodating, recognizing the reasonableness of my suggested changes/additions to Paramount’s contract and agreeing to them. Isaac was always so attentive, courteous and responsive. He went that “extra mile” to make sure my pavers’ install and some associated brick work went smoothly and professionally. He is an absolute pleasure to work with! Isaac is a 5-Stars kind of guy! The only hesitancy I had in contracting with Paramount for my approximately 600 square feet of new artificial turf in an irregular-shaped area adjoining the front-yard walkway was my concern about their experience/confidence with installing new artificial turf. All of the other bidders on my artificial turf project had uniformly recommended American-made turf and calculated that with the standard 15 feet wide artificial turf rolls, only one (1) seam would be required to do the job, but Paramount had recommended a foreign-made brand I was unfamiliar with and did not comment on the seam factor that others deemed important to stress. Each other bidder stated that the seams should be kept to an absolute minimum, and done in a serpentine pattern at the seam (which I was told helps camouflage the seam), with the starting point being at the northern end of my turf area with the turf material being rolled southerly. In my contract with Paramount, I required that they install the artificial turf with only one (1) seam and that the seam be in a serpentine pattern, so they knew they would have to order a roll long enough to enable the single seam and cut the seam in a serpentine pattern. I assumed they had enough experience to know how to lay the new artificial turf roll to ensure its proper installation. Although their base preparation for the new artificial turf area seemed fine, unfortunately the install of the artificial turf itself fell short of the professionalism I had come to expect from Paramount. Paramount ended up with four (4) straight seams, three (3) of which are quite obvious in the main northerly area of the artificial turf easily seen by viewers --not hidden at its less observed opposite southerly end. On further investigation and measurement, I discovered the origin of the mishap. First, at least one 40’ (or to be safe, at least 41’) long roll of the 15’ wide artificial turf material should have been ordered, but only about a 38’ long roll was ordered (“Short Roll”), making it impossible for the installers to do the job correctly. Second, apparently, there was a lack of communication between the installers and Isaac, since had the installers (particularly Leo) been aware of the shortage of the Short Roll (which my security video confirmed he saw the shortage), they should have called Isaac immediately on discovery of the shortage and requested direction. But Isaac told me he did not hear anything about this (until I showed him after completion of the job). Third, the installers layed the Short Roll out down the center of the artificial turf area starting at its southerly terminus, rolling it northerly and leaving gaps at the northerly, westerly and easterly sections of the artificial turf area, when the proper lay should have been (even with the Short Roll) starting from the northerly terminus at its brick wall and moving in a southerly direction off-center with the easterly edge of the Short Roll touching the brick wall at the easterly end of the artificial turf area and leaving possibly only two (2) seams to deal with (the 2’ shortage at the southerly end and about a 7’ shortage at the westerly end). But they had focused on their initial layout and did not consider how to minimize the seams with the Short Roll by reversing the starting point. Bottom line: I would highly recommend Paramount Pavers for any pavers’ job you might have. They are clearly reliable, competent 5-Stars level pavers and so easy to work with. Had they performed at the same level with the new artificial turf install, I would have given them an unconditional 5-Stars overall rating. After I saw how great they did on the pavers, I felt they would measure up to the same high standards on the new artificial turf install. But that feeling proved elusive. Because of the mishaps with the artificial turf install, which I would rate at only 3-Stars, I reluctantly but in good conscious must be honest and give an overall rating on the total job -- pavers and artificial turf -- of 4-Stars. Knowing Isaac, he will adjust and ensure better accuracy in measurements and proper installation of artificial turf on future jobs, so I would have no hesitancy in highly recommending Paramount Pavers for your projects.

Description of Work
Installation of pavers and artificial turf

Category hauling services, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

Review for Paramount Pavers & Construction - 19528 Ventura Blvd. #704, Tarzana, CA - 39419850

07/21/2021

Fred W.

This company is amazing. from workmanship,knowledge,friendly and efficiency ! they cleaned up as no one was ever here! my husband and i are so satisfied with the block wall and pavers would HIGHLY recommend there services.

Description of Work
block wall

Category masonry, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

06/14/2021

regina W.

Great work!!! Beautiful job! Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
N/A

Category concrete repair, remodeling, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

04/30/2021

Kathleen R.

Issac and Rudy were two of the most competent, honest and caring individuals. I had an idea that I wanted executed for a very modern double sided boxed redwood fence. The fence is a show stopper. All my neighbors come and tell me how beautiful it looks. Their company is professional, their talented group of workers are trustworthy, courteous, and nice. They clean up everything, daily. I highly recommend this company as they are a pleasure to work with

Description of Work
A brand new fence for the backyard

Category fencing, masonry, fireplaces, wrought iron

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

Review for Paramount Pavers & Construction - 19528 Ventura Blvd. #704, Tarzana, CA - 39406302

04/20/2021

Michael H.

Very attentive courteous and professional. Also reasonably priced. Easy to communicate with and helpful always.

Description of Work
N/A