Lightning Construction & Design

Founded 2007 • With Angi since June 2014

6047 Tampa Ave Ste 303

Tarzana, CA 91356

Lightning Construction & Design is a licensed general contracting firm based in San Fernando Valley. It’s all began in 2006. Our dream was to fill the void experienced by California homeowners who couldn't find an honest and reliable builder. We had developed a passion for quality and

07/20/2017

david P.

I got it from my friend. When I share to my friend about my kitchen room then he give me this address. After contact lightning construction & design, I hired it and they start the work from next day. Their staff worked as planning, After the work, my kitchen room looking awesome.

Description of Work
My kitchen room is so old modeling, I thanked My kitchen room need remodeling then I hire lightning construction & design, They and their staff work it professionally and properly. I just said my kitchen room problem then they check it and show me a planning. I really surprised their planning. I am so happy for my new kitchen room.

09/08/2016

Ginger G.

I had an amazing experience with Lightning Construction and Design. I bought an older home at a great price but needed to have a lot of work done to make this my dream home. I called several businesses and made the decision to go with Lightning Construction and Design due to the fact that they showed me that the finished product would be above and beyond my expectation, and that it was. My home was everything I could have imagined and more. During my process, I had phenomenal customer service, constant communication, and above all, I felt that being a family owned company, they gave specialized service that you would not receive from just any company. I will definitely use Lightning Construction and Design for any future needs. Thank you for your wonderful work.

Description of Work
Remodeled my older home

08/26/2016

Donna B.

Excellent!!

Description of Work
Excellence from the design phase to moving into our new space! I cannot say enough about the professionalism of Lightning Construction and Design. Barak seemed to be on the same page with my husband and myself from the very early planning stages. We wanted to some additional space and a half-bath to our little-used bonus room to make myself an office. I wasn’t sure it could be done without a lot of headache, but we quickly realized we’d chosen to the right contractor for the job. Barak helped us envision exactly what the finished area would look like, and was personally available every step of the way to answer all of our questions. He was very attentive and patient, throughout the entire process. The work was done in a timely manner and the area was kept virtually spotless. If you were in another part of the house, you would not even know there was construction being done! We are completely delighted with the finished product. I have a fabulous new workspace (which can double as a guest room) and spacious powder room. I would recommend Lightning Construction and Design to anyone who is looking to remodel.

08/25/2016

Jeremy S.

It was absolutely the right decision. They were very professional, neat and efficient. I would highly recommend anyone utilizing their services if you need a construction and design job done right.

Description of Work
Rental Property. I had tenants moving out of a rental property I own. I read a bunch of good stuff about Lightning Construction, so I decided to give them a shot, seeing as I could not be there as I live elsewhere. I need to have some repairs and some updates from the previous tenants before the new ones moved in.

08/11/2016

Erin K.

I hired this company to do remodel work to get my house ready to list. They were great to work with. Good price and true to quote, they were clean and made it easy for us to live in the area and function during the remodel process. My house sold 2 days after I listed it. I plan to hire them again to build an outdoor fireplace at my new home. Great find.

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen and bathroom floor

08/08/2016

Catherine B.

The renovation included most of the entire apartment, including refinishing the floors, building and installing a closet, electrical, and virtually a gut renovation of both the bathroom and the kitchen. Fair priced and overall nice guys. I will be using them again for sure!! Within Budget and their team have always been reliable, honest, easy to communicate with and super responsible. What else can you ask for?

Description of Work
Their crew did a great job on the project I worked on. They were equally excellent From smaller projects to more major projects.

Category sunrooms, basement remodeling

08/05/2016

Tami P.

Awesome Experience! I entrusted my out of state property renovations to Lightning Construction & Design and I have to say that they captured my vision and executed perfectly! I am pleased with their professionalism and passion for what they do.

Description of Work
Renovations for my newly acquired rental property. Bathroom & Kitchen.

08/05/2016

Sonja G.

From the moment of initially contacting the company to the completion of the work, it has been a pain-free and easy process. Their estimate was accurate and the customer care has been great and the finished project is beautiful. I highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a respectable establishment with affordable pricing.

Description of Work
I have been in need of renovating my house and came across Lightning Construction & Design.

10/29/2015

Lois D.

I was very pleased with the actual workers, and the finished bathrooms look good. The workers were punctual and hard working and cleaned up after themselves each day fairly well. I was not pleased with the supervisors. The guy that was actually supposed to be in charge of all the work only showed up for a while the first day and one other time during the work which took almost 3 weeks. He never even gave me a phone number to call him. I had to ask the workers to give him the messages I wanted to give him. I guess he was scheduling who was coming each day, but I was never told who I should look for, so every day somebody new showed up at my door. This concerned me since I am a 70 year old woman living alone. The guy who originally came out was a salesman who talked me into hiring this company even though the price was above my budget. I guess he was in charge of the whole project because he was the only person I could contact, and he came by every time a payment was due. He did do a few extra things for me which I appreciated but for what I was paying him, I thought he should be giving me a few extras. I needed the bathrooms completed by a certain date because I was having out of town guests who were staying with me for several days. The project was finished except I had no glass partition or shower doors, so the guests were never able to use the shower. A different company was in charge of the glass and shower door, and they came out to install it the day after my company arrived, but then the manufacturer had made a mistake so they still weren't able to put it in. The company was sent by Lightning, so I still hold them responsible for not having the whole thing completed in time.

Description of Work
They did a complete remodel of master bathroom and partial remodel of my other bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, doors

10/27/2015

Joanne D.

This was my first experience with a remodel, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The people at Lightning Construction were very nice and tried to be accommodating. They kept to their schedule and finished the job on time. My bathroom looks great--as long as you don't look too closely. Up close, you'll notice little imperfections. The wall tiles don't lay flat, the width of the grout lines varies, and the grout has cracked all around the window. If I had paid less (the $14,400 was labor only) these may have been minor annoyances, but for the price I paid I expected better quality.

Description of Work
Full bathroom remodel including replacing tub with a shower stall.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

10/21/2015

Heather Y.

11,000 - For labor, extra for shower door, tile, fixtures. Finished bathroom is very satisfactory, looks great! Delays with inspectors meant very long process. Some of that should have been anticipated. Demolition done too early in process. Workers excellent, job took too long.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

11/27/2014

Diana F.

Dear Barak Swisa and the team, I would like to thank you for your hard work and for making my old bathroom look stunning. Thank you for your professionalism, support, time and for the amazing results. Lighting Construction & Design worked efficiently, fast and clean. You , guys, were punctual and knowledgeable about the service and process. Although I and my husband are on the budget , Lighting Construction & Design worked with us and made this experience as painless as possible. I would strongly recommend you to my family and friends.Thank you for being there for us.

Description of Work
Bathroom

Category electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

11/14/2014

Irina G.

I truly don't have enough nice words to express my experience with this company. It probably sounds strange to say something like that, but it is true. When i first contact Lightning Construction and Design a very nice lady spoke with me over the phone. She told me that she will send their project manger, his name was Barak to give me a free estimate. She was very nice and friendly over the phone, she answered all the questions that i asked her and was very polite, which leaved me with a good first impression about this company. I called to a few different companies before I got to Lightning Construction and Design, and unfortunately the feeling wasn't the same. It felt like they were rushing to finish the conversation and i didn't like it. We scheduled to meet with Barak between 9-10 in the morning. One more thing that i loved about this company that they are very professional. Barak came on time, when other companies were late and didn't even bother to inform. Some even didn't show up at all. He explained us the process of the job, he walk through all the small details. He had a lot of knowledge about the job details which was very impressive because a lot of people in this industry don't have that kind of knowledge which is very sad, to me anyway. When he finished with his presentation he asked for our ideas and our vision of our new kitchen. When we told him about how would we wanted to our new kitchen will look like, he asked us if we would like to see a 3D design of our kitchen. Of course we wanted to see, who wouldn't, so he took out his laptop and just started to design our kitchen. It took him about 45 min to finish it but when we saw the design i was speechless. It was everything that we dreamed of. He took in consideration all the things that we told him and he mixed it with some of his ideas and it came out just perfect. Everything that we were dreaming of was in front of our eyes. We were supposed to have someone coming after Barak to gave as an estimate as well, so I told my husband to call and cancel him. Barak gave us a very fair price, so we had no doubt who we should choose for this job. They started the job a few days after like was promised. The whole period of work, Lightning Construction and design tried to do their best to make us as comfortable as possible because we stayed at our house during renovations. Everything went as it was planed. They finished the job on time. Every time when we had any questions, they been always there for us. We had an amazing experience with those amazing people. They became to be a part of our family. I would truly recommend them to all of our friends and family. They did an amazing job and made all of our dream came true. Thank you guys for doing such an amazing job and been such an amazing company.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

11/11/2014

Irina G.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling

11/11/2014

Ankit R.

From the first meeting with lightning construction and design, I felt like I was in good hands. He was very through and professional. When it came time for my kitchen to be Installed, I was very happy with the result and the assistance that I received from the production team. I would highly recommend lightning construction and design if you are looking at renovating your kitchen or bathroom.

Description of Work
kitchen Installation Service

Category home remodeling