J&R Steel Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since January 2012

18356 Oxnard St #10

Tarzana, CA 91356

We are a family owned business with over 40 years of experience. Fully Licensed, bonded and insured. LA City Certified Welder, LA City Steel Fabricator. We take great pride in the quality of our work and expertise. Contact us for a free estimate....

05/20/2015

Patricia S.

We came up with a similar triangle design and they were made out of 1/4 inch steel but only on two sides of the triangle, with braces across the third side for stability. Used a natural steel (essentially black) finish with a matte clear coat. They are fantastic, love the look, and was pleasantly surprised how quickly they got the job completed. I now have my dining table back after using it for many years as a coffee table.

Description of Work
I contacted them to make two steel pedestals similar to granite ones I had for a granite table.

10/22/2014

Dana L.

I needed a quote and information regarding repair and replacement of a rusted out stair on an outside spiral staircase and adjacent railings. After forwarding some photos of the damaged areas, Coby was incredibly thorough explaining the process to me and why it was best to replace the staircase to ensure safety and mitigate liability. I was truly impressed with his honest approach and willingness to assist me even though my initial contact was for a repair only. I highly recommend Coby and J & R Steel for ironwork replacement or repair, and would not hesitate to use J & R Steel in the future.

Description of Work
Excellent Customer Service and Attention to Detail

10/13/2014

Cheryl S.

The provider did not return my call for a quote. I ended up using someone else.

Description of Work
The provider did not call me back to provide a quote.

09/23/2014

Miljenko P.

Timely, professional, and the work was well done.

Description of Work
Constructed a structure for gardening purposes.

Category wrought iron

06/11/2014

Geoffrey G.

Very happy with the end result. I did quite a bit of research on different companies to fabricate and install railings for the inside of my condo. Ultimately decided to go with J&R because of the reviews found on Angie's List. I liked the fact that it was a family operation and they were very responsive from the start. I met with Coby and he provided me a with a couple options - he was courteous and responsive to all my questions and phone calls. He provided samples of some of the different options we were considering so I could have a better idea of what the finished product would look like and he was willing to work with me on making sure the design was exactly what I was looking for. Fabrication was done in a timely manner and I was provided with periodic updates along the way. On the day of install, Coby came out with his dad and brother to complete the install. They were all very friendly and respectful and got the installation done within the allotted time and made sure to minimize any mess as I have a young baby at home - even went so far as to purchase a new welding machine that did not spark so they could make final welds at my house without needing to lay down blankets to make sure there were no small fibers left on the floor that the baby might find. At the end of the installation, there were a couple items that needed to be touched up. Coby was excellent about following up to schedule the touch up work and make sure the job was completed to our satisfaction. He didn't have to follow up as they had already received full payment for the job. This was a true testament to they type of people they are and I would happily do business with J&R Steel again.

Description of Work
Fabricate and install stainless steel railings

05/21/2014

James B.

J & R Steel "saved the day" in a truly remarkable way. The City of Los Angeles required a certified welder and field deputy inspector to do supplemental welding on a roof rail that had been engineered. The stainless steel rail installer I'd hired, had no certified welders and was at a loss how to finish up the job. Not knowing where to turn and not thinking I'd find a welder on Angie's List, to my great surprise, I found J & R Steel. J & R Steel had a certified welder who could work on stainless steel and was able to arrange for a City-required field inspector, too. J & R was extremely helpful, courteous, knowledgeable, prompt, fair, cleaned up work areas when done, respectful, punctual and did an outstanding job that passed City of LA inspections the next day after they finished. They even arranged for the field deputy inspector, but, by law, I had to pay the deputy inspector separately as they are an independent observer. All in all, would would not hesitate one second to recommend this company to anyone. Coby Cohen was my contact and they takegreat pride in their work.

Description of Work
Certified welder did welding on roof railing made of stainless steel.

02/21/2014

Laura M.

I found J&R through Angie's List. Someone stole me Tankless Water Heater, so he came out and gave me a quote to put a security cage up. Since I did not want to replace the WH until the tank was in place, Coby worked hard to get it to me ASAP. I also had him do some other work to make my house a bit more secure. He is a great guy - very easy to work with. He and his dad know what they are doing. Thanks!

Description of Work
He built a cage for my tankless water heater, put a gate up in my yard and put steel covers on my crawl space.

Category fencing,welding

[member name removed] is an absolute pleasure to work with. we are very glad that we were able to help [member name removed] and her husband with the security issues they were having at their home.

01/26/2014

DEREK L.

Coby was very responsive from first contact and worked with us on various options to meet our budget. He showed up on time and delivered on what was promised. We were very impressed and will not hesitate to work with J&R Steel again!

Description of Work
Fabrication and installation of two steel stair handrails in a modern residence in Santa Monica.

Category welding

[removed member name], thanks for the great review. fabricating and installing those hand railings along the stairs in their home by the beach was a great experience. [removed member name] made us feel very comfortable and was very helpful in preparing the work area for us.

01/02/2014

Mark P.

Very easy to deal with, professional and done quickly

Description of Work
Welded post caps on steel fence posts

Category fencing,welding

[member name removed] was very prompt in scheduling and payment. very glad to work with him on this project.

06/13/2013

Jerry N.

J&R Steel, Inc. came out right away and looked at my project and gave a quote. I had a pretty good experience in dealing with them. I didn't pursue on using their service because I needed the work to be done fast and their estimated time is a little longer than expected.

Description of Work
I contacted J&R Steel, Inc. to estimate costs for a project.

Category fencing

[member name removed], a complete professional, thanks for the great review! sorry we were not able to work together on this particular project. but we are looking forward to seeing future projects that might be in store.

Adar Garage Doors and Gates

We specialize in garage motor repair, installing garage motor, gate intercom, gate repair/welding, intercom service, intercom installation, access control and much more.

Isaac's Ironworks Inc

At Isaacs’s Ironworks we specialize in custom work serving the greater Los Angeles area and surrounding for over 19 years. A one time customer is something we try to avoid, that is why we devote so much time and energy to understanding your needs and getting them done quickly and cost effectively. We work with architects and designers and can create a beautiful structural & misc. steel product from blue print or your own design weather you are building from scratch or remodeling. At Isaac’s Ironworks we take much pride at our staff of experienced representative. When you call us you can expect to talk with someone who has knowledge and experience and truly understand your need, and the ability to provide to you when you need it. You can always count on us with innovation and customer service. We have in house design capabilities, and can handle all type of custom work. As Seen on Ellen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2geYFcqd2Y&feature=player_embedded. Additional fax - (818) 982-1984 wining.

Mulholland Brand

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!

Offers by Mulholland Brand on Angi
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Wrought iron. Stairs. Railings. Security & privacy fencing. Driveway gates. Pedestrian gates. Security gates. Metal decks & patios. Ornamental doors. Structural steel. Stainless steel. Aluminum. On site repair service. Custom fabrication & Installation.

Rain gutters. Plastic welding.