AGA Construction Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2007

FREE estimates and 10% off for Angies List members! A.G.A Construction, Inc. is a licensed, bonded and insured, full service construction company. We offer services in both residential and commercial remodeling including, but not limited to, new construction, room additions, kitchen and bathroom

Valley Village - New Construction

cabinet makers

202091401
Built this beautiful house from the ground up.
View project

home remodeling (66)home builder (17)electrician (41)interior painting (37)drywall (34)plumbers (33)flooring (29)door installation (27)window replacement (27)countertop installation (27)tile installation (25)lighting (24)

05/31/2022

Troy H.

From the very beginning of the job Eran was very attentive. He kept me well informed as to the progress and met all of my expectations. He had a keen eye for detail and satisfied my high design aesthetic. The project ran on budget and I was given many options when unexpected complications arose. I am very pleased with the service I received. T.

Description of Work
I need a bathroom remodeled, some bedroom closets built, exterior painting and a new front door.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, chimney repair, fireplaces, drain pipe, home remodeling, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/31/2022

Review for AGA Construction Inc - 18375 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA - 39750722

05/26/2022

Jessica F.

We hired AGA Construction in February 2022, and I am so glad we did! We met with multiple contractors, but Eran from AGA Construction really impressed us with his knowledge, experience, and professionalism. Eran’s excellent communication, daily updates, and quality workmanship made this entire experience easy and enjoyable. I have extraordinarily high standards and Eran's attention to detail was impeccable and very appreciated. AGA was on time, courteous, followed all of our HOA’s rules, able to accommodate our last minute requests and add-ons, and they kept our home and common areas tidy during our remodel. Eran and AGA also helped us obtain all of the permits we needed, and we passed our electrical, plumbing, and structural inspections with flying colors. I can’t recommend Eran and AGA enough. We will definitely be hiring AGA for all of our future home renovation projects!

Description of Work
Demolition, Plumbing, Electrical, Lighting, Wall Removal, Painting, Drywall

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, structural engineer, architect, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/25/2022

10/15/2021

Maya R.

I would like to start this review by saying just how easy this company is to work with. My husband and I have been bored of our master bedroom and bathroom for quite a while and we finally decided it's time for a revamp. We reached out to AGA and instantly fell in love with our project manager Guy. He came and gave us a quote and he went over every single one of our questions as thoroughly as possible. From that first meeting, we instantly knew that AGA was who we had to go with, we have never encountered another construction company that is so professional. Once we got the ball rolling on the remodel, everything went exactly as Guy told us it would. He was extremely professional the entire time and always a phone call away if we ever had a question. I am so in love with our new bedroom and bathroom that I never want to leave my house! A million thanks to the amazing team that AGA has put together. You guys are truly remarkable.

Description of Work
Master bedroom & bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

05/20/2021

Sarah B.

The service was terrible. They did not follow the permitted plans. Their work quality is completely inadequate and completely deficient. It was not to Industry's standard and they didn't comply to Long Angeles Building Code.

Description of Work
Complete renovation

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

04/10/2021

Madeline S.

As first-time homebuyers, this was also our first renovation work! I made a call to AGA based on a friend's recommendation, and they quickly arranged for one of their project managers to meet me at the house and discuss our ideas. I'm so glad they sent Guy! From our first meeting, I had confidence that AGA could handle our projects (big and small). As the project manager, Guy helped us define the scope the project and was ALWAYS accessible and responsive. Guy was onsite most days and texted me photo updates to keep me informed. The electrician, plumber, tile specialist, paving/hardscaping, and other workers he brought in did an excellent job. They worked quickly and well, and always left the job site tidy. Guy at AGA is a master of managing the schedule--and the client! I really appreciate how well he communicated with me about decisions that needed to be made (and by when). If you've done remodels/renovations before, you know how many decisions and purchases there are to make, and it can get overwhelming. Having Guy as our PM meant that the work progressed very smoothly (and especially it meant that my indecision did not delay the work either). Finally, I always felt that Guy had our best interests in mind. When surprises popped up (as they tend to do when you open a wall!), Guy was great about presenting us options (and how much they would cost) so we could make a decision. The bulk of our initial project was done on a tight timeline, and the AGA team completed it on time for us to move in to our new house when our lease was up. We ended up adding a few additional smaller projects on the end because we were so pleased with AGA's work. The AGA main office was also responsive in answering questions about invoices and other matters (thanks, Tami!). Regardless of the size of your project, I'd recommend giving AGA a call (ask for Guy)!

Description of Work
Full kitchen and bath remodel, some new plumbing, new gas line, tankless hot water, hardscaping pavers, interior paint and carpet, hardwood flooring, insulation, roofing, HVAC installation

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, landscaping, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, water heater repair, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 11/29/2020

09/23/2020

B A.

I just moved into my new place and it needed some upgrades. I met with a few contractors, but from the moment I met with Eran from AGA, I knew I met the right contractor for my project. Eran was very knowledgeable and professional. I met with him about 3 times to discuss different options and design details. He was very patient with me and gave me great ideas. The work took about a month, to remodel 2 bathrooms, re-do the flooring and paint the entire unit. AGA’s team was great throughout the entire project, from the office staff, to the field supervisor to the workers, they were organized and always coordinated with me, keeping me in the loop throughout the work. The quality of work is amazing, and my house was kept clean (as possible for construction). Thanks AGA for the great work!!

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

Thank you for your kind words. It was such [Member Name Removed] pleasure working with you as well, we hope you enjoy your new space.

08/28/2020

Elinor H.

My wife and I decided to completely remodel our place, as it was starting to fall apart. We were looking for a contractor and AGA Construction was recommended to us by a friend, so we reached out, but we still did our due diligence and compared their estimates to a few others. We decided to hire AGA Construction, not because they were the cheapest, but because we felt they were the most knowledgeable and would be able execute this project in a timely manner, which was important to us. We completely gutted our kitchen, both bathrooms, carpet flooring, and painted the entire place. Moses started off by providing us with a 3D layout and gave us some great ideas. Throughout the remodel, he was there almost everyday overseeing the work, and he was in constant communication with us throughout the project, letting us know what the schedule was and when to expect what. The work came out beautiful and we are both very happy with the remodel and with AGA.

Description of Work
Full remodel

Category flooring contractor, lighting, air duct cleaning, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for your kind works, it was a pleasure working with you as well!

08/13/2020

Sheila F.

We interviewed several contractors, but it was obvious from the start that AGA and their agent, Moses, were going to be the most professional and responsive. Moses listened to our needs and made excellent suggestions as to what would not only fit our budget, but satisfy our lifestyle. His work crew was timely, communicative and so incredibly hard working! They were a joy to work with.

Description of Work
We needed to build a new patio, walkway and deck in our backyard.

Category concrete repair, decks, patios

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

Thank you for your kind words. It was a true pleasure to work with you as well!

02/19/2020

Dick S.

contract was for 4 inches of cement however the workers only dug down 2 - 3 inches. had to repeatedly point out shallow areas due to poor supervision. contract included relocating sprinklers but did not follow through. when complete the finish was wavy with multiple low spots. the 3 foot walkway also had low spots where water collects. The apron on the front of the driveway was cracked and sunk down 1/2 inch. worker were messy and damaged my wood fence and existing stucco of my house.

Description of Work
demo driveway and replace. pour new walkway.

Category concrete repair

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the work that was done. We've reached out to you several times offering to redo the entire cement work to the best of your satisfaction. You refused to let us return to make it right. We did repair the stucco. The apron had many cracks prior to our work. Our goal is to make all of our customers happy and satisfied with the finished work. We would be more the happy to go back and not just repair, but completely re-do everything to your complete satisfaction.

09/22/2018

Elna C.

I love my kitchen remodel that was contracted with AGA Construction. The tile, countertop, and sink are gorgeous. The workmen were professional and my questions were answered promptly. I am so happy to be in & cook in an updated kitchen!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, we hope you enjoy cooking in your new kitchen!

09/12/2018

Daniel A.

My wife and I decided it was time to expand our home and add a bedroom and bathroom. This is our first time doing such a large project, and after much careful research we narrowed it down to 3 construction companies. The reason we decided to choose AGA Construction was because their price was fair, they were patient and met with us many times and they seemed the most knowledgeable. Simon was our project manager, and he walked us through every step of the way, starting from the plans all the way to picking out the finish materials. He was very patient with us and gave us a lot of insider tips which really helped us out! The office staff is always available to answer your calls and questions promptly. We were always informed of the schedule for the upcoming week, and if there were any changes they made it a point to inform us beforehand. The work itself came out beautiful! The workers did such a great job, you can tell they really knew what they were doing. All inspections were passed with no issues and our house was left clean at the end of each day. To be honest, we were terrified going into this project, because we have friends who did construction on their homes and they shared their horror stories with us, but AGA really made this process smooth, painless and even somewhat enjoyable! We will be recommending them to our friends so they can have the same experience we did.

Description of Work
Room Addition

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you as well and we look forward to your referrals!

09/07/2018

Brianne C.

Manny made this (usually dreadful) process easy and exciting! After my initial call, I got an appt within a week for a quote! He was very knowledgeable and AGA CONSTRUCTION quoted me a VERY fair estimate. When it was time for work to begin the crew was lovely, professional, and respectful! Always on time and always cleaned up at the end of the day! Manny was here every day to supervise and ensure excellence! I also spoke with Tami many times and she was very friendly and answered all my questions right away! Before I found this gem I spoke with a few other places and they all estimated somewhere between 8 to 10 weeks. Manny and his crew were done in a little over 4 weeks!!! Woohoo! Great company, great team, will always recommend and will def use them again when it’s time for the next big project !! Thanks AGA Construction!!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/07/2018

Thank you, it was a pleasure working with you as well and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

06/20/2018

Susan G.

This is the second time I have used AGA. I called AGA because they did a first class job for me on unrelated work. They were just as responsive this time as last time.A flashing on my roof failed and caused a huge leak. My homeowners insurance would only cover visible damage. I needed someone to look further to see whether there was damage in the attic. I knew that I had about one year left in the life of my current roof. To repair the damage to part of the roof and then face a complete re-roof in a year did not make economic sense, so I opted to have them replace the entire roof. The work was done in a professional manner. They cleaned up the debris thoroughly. Thank you to Manny who was very helpful throughout the process. A special shout out to Tami who maintains the office. She keeps everyone informed of all procedures in a timely and efficient manner. I think I called her a "jewel" in a previous review, and I second that call now. Whenever any construction work is being done, it can be stressful. She makes sure that the stress does not happen.

Description of Work
Roof leak because flashing failed. Needed extensive investigation and repair.

Category roofing, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you again!

12/12/2017

Haya E.

We are very happy with the result. Professional management, punctual, professional contractors. There was no waiting around for workers and wondering who was going to show up. The company texted us every evening with the next day's schedule. Who was coming and at what time. Also admirable, at the height of the project, a company rep showed up every morning to check on the progress, etc. That daily contact was extremely comforting and effective. Most of the work was done on time but the project took a couple of weeks longer than projected. Most of the delay was due to shortage of materials that needed to be ordered and some unexpected challenges during demolition. Overall, two thumbs up!

Description of Work
We remodeled our kitchen. Opened a wall and get rid of a pocket door, removed soffits, new floor, new cabinets, new counter and added an island.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

08/26/2017

Chris N.

Ron did an amazing job AGAIN!! Re-did my new house and put in a beautiful stone block fence. Finished the entire project under budget and in less time than we thought. Do yourself a favor and go with Ron, he cares about his customers and it shows in the work. All he does is deliver.

Description of Work
Renovation / Remodel / New Fence

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, fencing, garage doors, lighting, remodeling, water heater repair, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/26/2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to see another satisfied customer. We look forward to working with you again the future.

02/18/2016

Susan H.

We contacted 5 contractors on Angies List, only two of them responded, I sent repeated request, guess business is that good you don't have to return calls, we have a lot of work left to do and these other 3 will not be on my call back list either. The time we spent with Ilan was much appreciated, he was very detailed in the work he wanted to do for us. His offer was fair, higher than we wanted to spend but we were aware of the amount of work to be done. We actually went with another contractor from Angies List, they were located very close to our house and we were able to sit down and select the flooring, cabinets, countertops and backsplash in an afternoon. This quote actually came in higher than AGA Construction, it was a hard decision to make, for us the deciding factor was the other company being so close to our home.

Description of Work
Ilan came out and spent over an hour with my wife and I on a kitchen remodel project, he gave us a lot of ideas we had not thought of. Ilan gave us a verbal estimate and sent us a formal quote several days later.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/15/2016

Thank you for the feedback! We wish you the best of luck on your project and hope that you contact us for any future work you may have.

09/02/2015

David & Barbara M.

The project actually went very, very well. They did an excellent job on designing the remodel - and there were some issues with how to deal with the original footprint of the kitchen. When we hit occasional, unexpected "bumps" in the road - as is common with remodels, AGA was very reasonable and fair in dealing with them. The workmen on the project did an excellent job and were very responsive to our needs as well. The kitchen is beautiful and a joy to work in. And, the project was finished on time!!!

Description of Work
AGA designed and was the general contractor for a kitchen remodel. This involved major construction as we eliminated a service porch and bathroom and took out a weight bearing wall to create a large kitchen/breakfast room.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/08/2015

It was a true pleasure working with you. We hope you enjoy your kitchen remodel.

08/25/2015

Shannon P.

It was nice to see the room addition come alive. Day by day, there was good progress and the crew knew what they were doing and how to please homeowners. They were organized and cleaned up regularly. Each part of the job passed inspections with ease. Ilan, our project manager, was considerate and always went above and beyond to keep us happy. For a project that we spent a lot of our savings on, it was nice to have a project manager like him.

Description of Work
Room addition to the back of our home, adding space to the living room and made a powder room.

Category remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 08/23/2015

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you and we hope you enjoy your new space!

06/25/2015

Edna M.

Project was smooth sailings. We got what we wanted, in the time frame we wanted. Guy at AGA was responsible, and managed a beautiful remodeling project. We are very excited with our new kitchen, and the many meals ahead of us. The plumbing was giving us some problems, and it was time to upgrade. AGA carefully and professionally changed the pipes. Same goes for our exterior. The siding a few inches from the roof was deteriorating, and needed some upkeep. AGA gave our home the attention it needed, and completely gave our home a new-home look.

Description of Work
We did a few scopes of work with AGA, including: Kitchen remodel with custom cabinetry, with counter tops, brand new flooring installed, light fixtures, and paint work. New plumbing pipes installed and a tank less water heater. New siding and re-stucco work.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, water heater repair, woodworking, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2015

Glad we could help! We hope you enjoy your newly remodeled kitchen!

06/18/2015

Crystal A.

The project was definitely a success. AGA Construction has real quality work - great designs and strong quality. I simply showed them pictures I found on Houzz of bathroom ideas, and they did a lot of ground work to deliver that design/style. They knew exactly where to send me to get the tiles and vanities that matched. They showed me options of stucco finishes on my house. I recommend this company to any homeowner that wants to get professional and clean work done on their home.

Description of Work
Remodeled two bathrooms (1 master bathroom and powder room). Smooth stucco on the exterior. Outdoor light fixtures installed.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, stucco, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

Thank you! We hope you enjoy your new bathroom!

01/30/2015

Robert S.

Ilan, contractor/owner, is a truly nice man who will bend over backwards to make the client happy. He was always available via text/phone and responsive in correcting issues that came up during the project. Unfortunately, many issues did come up. There was no communication between the "Project Manager" and me and it seems that he hardly showed up at all as too many very obvious mistakes occurred without resolution until I called Ilan to make it right. To his credit, he always did, unless it was an issue with one of his vendor's that he had no control over. The end result looks fine but the road to get there was filled with WAY too many potholes. The biggest culprit was a total lack of supervision and zero attention to details. Even though I was the paying customer, I had to act as the Project Manager. Not what I wanted to do after a long day at work.

Description of Work
remodel 4 bathrooms to varying extent, paint ing of exterior window trim and deck

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 12/03/2014

We were surprised to see this review, as the office was unaware of these problems during this project. We did take the necessary measures and let go of the people who supervised this project. We will continue to make sure that our customers receive quality work, even if that includes changes in staff. We apologize to this customer and will make sure this will not happen again the future.

01/13/2015

Sterling R.

AGA came out to provide an estimate for a complete exterior remodel that included water blasting the exterior, painting and re-stucco a portion of the house. He arrived on time and was very thorough explaining the process that needed to be done. I also liked that he seemed very knowledgeable which was reassuring. They even followed up afterward with a phone call and email. I would feel comfortable working with them. The proposal was slightly more than I expected so I decided to put it off for now.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for re-stucco, house painting and porch staining

Category remodeling, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 01/05/2015