Ooma Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2011

525 Almanor Ave

Sunnyvale, CA 94085

Since the beginning, Ooma has been committed to transforming the landscape of phone services. We took into account everything that was wrong with home and business phone services today (too pricey, limited features, inflexible) and made it our mission to reinvent it. At the center of our efforts

09/27/2017

BettyAnn A.

Very well consisting time lapse as their headquarters are in California.

Description of Work
We were grateful to get rid of AT&T for our land line and now have Ooma

02/27/2017

Daniel C.

Setup was very easy and porting my home number was just as easy!

Description of Work
VOIP Home phone service. I was looking for a more cost effective phone service over Time Warner Cable phone and OOma is well worth the money. One time fee and pay only monthly taxes for the service. For me that is about $4-5/month.

Category voice mail, landline phone service

01/02/2017

Michael P.

Great. Excellent quality and ported our old number over in just a few days. Very easy to install. Prior to purchase had questions that were answered over the phone by Ooma. Courteous, professional, staff. Picked up the Ooma Telo at Bestbuy for a little over $80 and will pay Ooma $10 per month for premier service. Great value.

Description of Work
Needed a new phone system. Comcast said they could not port my old number when I switched cable and internet from Verizon to Comcast, and Verizon was charging $45 per month (plus taxes) just for our phone service because we needed to keep out old number.

11/29/2016

Daniel O.

I purchased an Ooma Telo ($149) and signed up with Ooma in Dec. 2011. I cut the copper cord with Centurylink where I was paying approx. $70 p/mo. for my home line and a custom ringing number for my home based business. I have saved over $5661 to date ( 5+ years) without compromising quality of service. I pay Ooma approx $15.50 p/month total with the optional Ooma Premier Service. ($9.99p/mo + State & Fed tele taxes) Without Ooma Premier, you only pay approx $5.50p/mo for State+Fed tele tax. Ooma Premier includes a 2nd telephone number, 3-way conference calling, unlimited long distance calling in the US, Mexico and Canada, simultaneous ring / call forwarding to and from my cell phone and many other benefits. Ooma (with Premier Service) plays well with my cell phone service...allowing me to receive and make calls with my home phone handsets while I recharge my cell phone. Another advantage of having Ooma is that I don't have to give out my cell phone number to everyone. I highly recommend Ooma to anyone who wants the advantages of home phone and/or a small business phone service at a fraction of the price of a landline.

Description of Work
Ooma Telo / Home Telephone Service

Category voice mail, landline phone service

11/16/2015

Gerri C.

These are the politest folks...they are always so sorry for my inconvenience. ..today, I am getting a new device! Will it work? Time will tell. In the 5 months I have had them they have had to replace 2 devices!

Description of Work
Called with yet another complaint...previous call was on the 13TH,

09/11/2015

John N.

terrible decision to go with this company. They have misleading and unethical billing practices. You cannot cancel this service without an act of God! Tried to cancel for months. They continued to bill my card. Only way I could stop the charges was to cancel my credit card. I then started receiving threats of being sent to collections for a service that I had canceled and not used for 2 years. They refused to send me notification of cancellation but assured me on the phone that the account was cancelled and I owed nothing. 2 days later I received another notice of collection. I called again and finally today received an email from them stating the account is closed and I owe nothing. Should be interesting to see if the collection notices stop.

Description of Work
Provides telephone device and service for voice over ip aka Internet phone.

09/10/2015

Edward A.

I bought the Ooma Telo device (VOIP) with Wi-Fi adapter from Costco on sale. Later I bought 3 Ooma handsets directly from Ooma, online. I highly recommend the Ooma service, the Telo device and the pricey but super cool handsets. Any handset can be used, but you won?t get all the Ooma features. I was not happy with the Wi-Fi adapter. Although, I think part of the problem using Wi-Fi was my Comcast connection with inconsistent bandwidth. Anyway, once I connected the Telo device directly to my modem, in-between the modem and router with ethernet cables, as it is recommended, it worked great. It does not affect the Wi-Fi signal going to other devices. Ooma has a great website, mobile app and features galore. I made several calls to customer service. They were quite helpful. The very first person I spoke with suggested that the Wi-Fi connection ?could be unreliable?. If I had taken that to heart, it would?ve saved my making several other calls.

Description of Work
Customer service helped me set up the Ooma Telo device and handsets.

07/10/2015

Gerri C.

This was purchased the end of May. It is now july 10th and not everything is working. Everyone is "very sorry" for my incovenience...I called to have help setting it up, winding up with no home phone service for 5 weeks and no computer/internet for 5 days. After spending 4 HOURS on my cell with them in 1 day, I had to increase my plan minutes! They keep you on hold FOREVER! I finally got the phone service working...BUT the premier service ( includes telling the name of the person calling you and their phone nuimber) does not work! In all, I have spent approximately 36 hours on the phone wth them... I saved all the emails from them...including the one telling me I could now stop my phone service with my current provider. I DO NOT suggest you order this. The wireless adaptor does NOT work still...the had me change my channel which has not helped. On the pone with Carla, I had to literally scream (by the 4th request) to speak with a level 3 manager! It is back on the phone tomorrow!

Description of Work
It is more like what didn't they do... This is a phone service. You pay for the device (telo)- $129. I was told I needed a wireless adaptor ( $40). It was another $40 to keep my home phone number. I would get 2 months to try it out and if not satisfied, return it and they would refund my money.

Category voice mail

06/18/2015

Roxanne C.

There was an issue with the first piece of eqipment sent to my home...it did not work properly but once another unit was sent to my home that worked perfectly and we have had phone service for only $4.00 a month.

Description of Work
Phone provider

05/09/2015

Susan L.

You need to buy a one time device its about $130 and they mail it to you. They provide the instructions of the installation. Once the installation is done it takes about 3 minutes to function. It was incredibly easy to setup. Its super easy.

Description of Work
Omma provides us with the Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) service.

03/13/2015

John C.

I am interested in International dialling to Europe. First I called the "leader" vonage, they told me that they would charge me $8 a month in taxes and fees, OOMA only charges me 3.83 so it is clear that Vonage is looking to pad their prices. Then Vonage is 35 a month after the first six months, so clearly more expensive over a 12 month + period. Plus no shipping fee from OOMA and no activation fee which is great. I am going to pay 9.99 for 1000 minutes of dialling to Europe every month.

Description of Work
Provides VoIP service

12/31/2014

Dayne I.

I have been using Ooma for our home phone for about 4 years now. The service is excellent. The only cost was the initial $150 to buy the unit, which plugs into our router and serves as a phone and answering machine. The call quality is very good. I only have two complaints: 1.) When we purchased the Ooma, we paid a small fee (I think it was about $25) to have a cell phone number (that we had been using as a home phone) ported over to the Ooma. That was never done. 2.) The "scout" unit that allowed us to have a second phone in another room quit working after about 3 years. But even so, I am very happy with the service, which doesn't cost me a dime after the initial purchase!

Description of Work
Provide internet phone service for our home.

11/10/2014

Harriet S.

They sent the unit, and I put it in. I have had a unit for the past one year. I have recommended it to quite a few people, and they are happy with it. I was paying $50 a month, and I paid for the equipment in 2 months, and then it was done.

Description of Work
I use Ooma. They are my telephone service. After you purchase their modem, then it is unlimited local, local distance for $3.89 a month.

11/10/2014

Harriet S.

10/22/2014

John B.

Having been a customer of AT&T for most of my life, I've gotten used to a customer service phone call taking more than one hour on average. So bad that I would feel reluctant to want to call to resolve any issues. Well, no more AT&T. Ooma's the way to go for me. If I have a question, I call and the phone tree is super easy to get through to an actual human. Also the humans are super nice and helpful. They don't have to constantly transfer you to multiple departments and get permission from a supervisor. I am recommending Ooma to friends and co-workers.

Description of Work
I set up new home phone services with Ooma at my new home.

06/20/2014

Monty B.

They are an internet home phone option other than the phone company. We purchased the hardware and installed at home following the instructions online. We also 'ported' our home phone number which they said could take up to 4 weeks and it was done within a week. All aspects of this process have been great and the phone call quality is awesome. All that for only $4 a month is way better than $40 for a landline! We are very happy with this options so far!

Description of Work
provided internet home phone service

06/16/2014

IAN B.

Ordered Ooma Telo with two HD handsets and subscription to Ooma Premier for twelve months. Ongoing monthly taxes and charges are around $3 in my location. Equipment very easy to self-install. Porting process from AT&T was straightforward. Customer service was excellent. Ooma Premier is an add-on service that provides a number of additional benefits such as a second line and number blocking. The latter is extremely useful and telemarketers can be blocked with ease. Anyone installing a VOIP service needs to be aware of the limitations. Such services are dependent upon a reliable Internet connection. Occasionally handsets will lock up, the router needs to be rebooted or some other issue occurs that is not normally present with a traditional landline service. Whilst you don't need to be a tech expert to operate an Ooma device, you have to be aware that the equipment will occasionally need some attention, and that will need to be the equipment owner as no one is going to come out to fix it.

Description of Work
VOIP telephone service, self-install

06/10/2014

Sherry M.

Easy installation and transfer of number. I had no problems and no need to call for tech support.

Description of Work
I purchased and Ooma Telo Phone Station for home which connected to my digital home phones. Monthly cost is $3.82, It is saving so much.

06/08/2014

Paul S.

They advertise their product to be as good as land line service. It s not, but it is pretty good for the price

Description of Work
Phone service

04/18/2014

KRISTIE O.

It is a great way to have phone service inexpensively. Very simple to install and great account management online. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Provide VoIP service.

04/01/2014

Randy V.

the service provided was excellent. Very short time-frame from subscription orders to start of service.

Description of Work
provided discount magazine subscriptions for using another service

03/21/2014

James N.

They are cost friendly compared to other service.The voice calls are both local and international and their service is very user friendly.

Description of Work
I use Ooma Inc. for browsing and voice calls over the internet.

02/03/2014

Oliver S.

They are excellent. You purchase the equipment from them and then convert your phone number over to them. The service is almost free. They only charge for the taxes that they have to charge so it has been very good. It is just a one time fee that you have to pay for your phone service.

Description of Work
I use Ooma Inc. as my phone service provider.

01/29/2014

Peggy M.

I pay $3 a month with this telephone service so I can call anyone in United States. They have different packages. For an additional fee, you can call overseas. Basically what it is, it's riding the internet system. It's the same thing as voice over IP which a cable company uses. You have to purchase the equipment and then go online and set up an account. It's very easy to do. I've got the exact same service that I paid for as the add-ons that AT&T will give you as package deal. They'll charge you probably another $20 or $30 for that same service. All their service is they're selling their box. I think the normal price is $150 for the box. There was a special one time, I got it for $100. I own the equipment. The only thing that I pay for is the federal taxes on the communications. That's why it's like $3 a month. A lot of people don't know about it. My daughter has used it for probably 10 years now. I've used it now for probably a year. You can get it anywhere. As long as you get an internet connection you can purchase their equipment. It works well. For the most part, the connection has been pretty good.

Description of Work
I use Ooma Inc. for telephone service.

12/08/2013

LAXMIDAS S.

I had recently purchased Ooma Tele VoIP. It has been working fine. Once I was satisfied with its performance I decided to port my home number. I had difficulty in home distribution and hearing ring tone on all home phones. When I called customer service they were extremely polite and very nice to help the resolve the problem. In few minutes I could connec all five phones in my home to Ooma.

Description of Work
Customer service is the best I have encountered in my life. I needed help to connect home distribution of Internet phone line. The gentleman helped me in few minutes and now I can hear ring tone on all my phones.