Golden State Appliance Repair

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2013

3.7

1250 Oakmead Parkway #255

Sunnyvale, CA 94085

Golden State Appliance Repair operates differently than your average appliance service company. Established by veterans of the national appliance service industry, we have a different focus than most in our industry: the customer. We believe that by providing the best possible service experience for our customers, everything else will follow. We GUARANTEE: Only the most qualified and professional appliance technicians; Industry-leading customer service; Same-day service available on most days; Small, three-hour appointment windows; and Simple, transparent pricing and clear warranty terms ....

09/09/2015

Carl A D.

Description of Work
Provider was certainly polite and fairly efficient, but ultimately did not solve the problem (pilot light not working on one burner). He suggested a new part, which he ordered and installed, but situation remained (& remains) the same. Since a previous repair provider, with which we'd previously enjoyed excellent service could not fix it either, perhaps this problem is intractable, but we paid a lot of money for nothing.

Category small appliance repair

Hey [Member Name Removed], Sorry for the late response! Our company isn't super active on Angie's List, but you can see by looking at our Yelp or Google listings that we take our reputation very seriously. We looked for a record of your appointment but were unable to find you in our system, so we think you probably have us mixed up with another appliance repair service. We do have a comprehensive 90-day warranty on all completed repairs, so if something went wrong with our original repair we would have been happy to take a second look, free of charge. If we did work on your dryer, please give us a call at (510) 370-3330 with your invoice number, and we'd be happy to shoot you a partial refund. Or if you still have the dryer in question in your possession, we'd be happy to honor our warranty and make a second visit at no charge. Please let us know if we can be of assistance! Sincerely, - GSAR Management

12/03/2014

Rochelle U.

I called Don at GSAR because my 2 year-old LG refrigerator was making a terrible humming noise. Don arrived promptly and immediately diagnosed the problem-the freezer door wasn't shut all the way and was causing the fan to malfunction. Don then explained that this is a common issue with this refrigerator and told me how to avoid this issue in the future. He then told me that if the problem returned to call him and he'd come out again for free! While he was there I asked him to look at our gas stove and the two burners that weren't lighting. He quickly assessed the broken igniter and then told me how to get replacements on Amazon and install them myself-easy! All in all, I learned a lot from Don (as did my 14 year old son, who is not easily impressed!) and now feel more confident that I can keep my appliances in good running order. Don went above and beyond my expectations and I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Inspect refrigerator and range

08/12/2013

Ross M.

I called Don Castro at GARS at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning surprised that he actually answered the phone I was expecting to leave a message. I explained that the oven in my stove was not working and that we were in pickle because of a huge party slated later on that night. The caterer inadvertently started turning the knobs of my stove and the central system locked it down. Don listened and gave me a few suggestions all had been tried the night before based on the suggestions from the internet. He suggested that he would get back to me if he could squeeze me in since he had many appts on Saturday. He also said I was free to call other companies since he was very busy but he gave me a few ideas about what may have happened I called him back at 10:00 when I was told by another company that they could not give me an exact time either and so I was unsure if Don or the other company would make it in time for all the cooking we had to do. Don called about 12;00 and explained that he thought it was the thermostat, he purchased one and was on his way. I was not here when he arrived and he spoke with my husband. When I arrived about 10 minutes after he had arrived, he had the stove out, swept the back of the stove and went on to adjust the back of the stove (not sure what he was adjusting). He then gave me a price quote of 398.00 for replacing the thermostat and assured me that the stove would be back in working order. I felt that I was in a jam since the stove was out, the oven was still not working and he said that he could replace it and just have not functional. I had to pay the amount - Don gave me a first time customer discount and brought the price down. He was nice to the ladies helping in the kitchen. The stove became functional once again and our party was a success. I forgot to ask for the package of the thermostat and to see the old one....I may still call and request it. R

Description of Work
Replaced a thermostat in my commercial-like stove

De Anza Appliance

De Anza Appliance is a family owned and operated, based in Santa Clara, and specializes in appliance repair and maintenance for the San Jose metropolitan area and greater Santa Clara County since 1972.

Delta Appliance & Refrigeration Repair

Delta Appliance & Refrigeration Repair is locally owned and operated out of San Jose, CA. I have several years of experience in the Appliance Repair Industry and we're dedicated to our craft. We take exceptional care of our customers. We would love to hear of your upcoming project.

Frontier Tech Services

We provide top quality repair services in 6 states with over 15 coverage territories in multiple counties. We specialize in all forms of appliance repair with a focus on Sealed System Repair services for refrigerators. Our technicians are fully trained to work on every brand of appliance and our support center is fully staffed and trained to guide you through a smooth repair experience from start to finish. From getting you set up with the correct technician that can solve your problem on the first visit to getting the correct parts ordered and delivered if parts are required for a return visit. Any diagnosis charge gets applied to your repair cost. Contact us to discuss your appliance issue and availability.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Repair services for the following home appliances and units: Refrigerator, Freezer, Dishwasher, Oven, Stove, Range, Cooktop, Microwave, Wine Cooler, Washer, Dryer, Trash Compactor, Garbage Disposal

---