Fireplace Freddie

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2005

3.9

Fireplace Freddie is a family-owned and operated business specializing in fireplace and chimney repair. Owner, Fred Reno established the company in 1995. Fred and his experienced crew take pride in delivering quality craftsmanship and have worked on over 20,000 chimneys in the Los Angeles area. Fireplace Freddie has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are members of the National Fire Protection Association, the Golden State Chimney Sweep Guild the National Chimney Sweep Guild and certified through the Chimney Safety Institute of America. Fireplace Freddie was invited to be the guest contractor on HGTV’s Kenneth Brown Design on an episode about fireplace design. Fireplace Freddie was also featured on NBC Nightly News and KTLA as fireplace experts....

Mike Guttman Design & Construction

Allow Mike Guttman, with 30 years of experience in outdoor design and construction to integrate masonry and landscape and transform your outside living space into a beautiful place to come home to. Mike's designs have been featured on HGTV , is affordable and he has serviced the L.A. area from Los Feliz to Malibu including the Hollywood elite. Mike will meet with you personally for a consultation to artfully and masterfully integrate masonry with landscape design. His customer service and attention to detail has been awarded multiple Super Service Awards from Angie's List. Mike will personally spend time visiting with you to design the perfect outdoor space for your home. Spend time with Mike and see the difference. .

kodiak construction

Kodiak Construction offers the finest quality craftsmanship of Stamped Concrete, Colored Concrete, Broom Finish Concrete, Pavers, Retaining Walls, Foundations, Concrete Stairs, Steps and Drainage. For the last 25+ years we are the #1 Concrete Contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area and now proudly serving LA County. With our experience and passion for concrete, we guarantee your satisfaction, on your new curbside appeal project.

Paramount Pavers & Construction

General contractor in Los Angeles and the surrounding counties since 2001. specialize in building Room Additions (Plans to Finish) doing major remodeling. emphasize on giving personal attention as well as working real close up with the customers. I believe in 100% service and respect to the customers. Our Services : Room Additions, Bathroom Remodeling, Landscape, Hardscape, Complete Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, New Construction, Exterior Remodeling, Interior Remodeling, Painting Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Patio Remodeling, Decks, Patios, Retaining Walls, Swimming Pools, Law Voltage, Cement Work, Concrete Work, Bathroom Renovation, Bathroom Installation, Bathroom Removal, Bathroom Remodeling Ideas, Bathroom Replacement, Kitchen Renovation, Kitchen Installation, Kitchen Repair, Kitchen Remodeling Ideas, Kitchen Replacement, Home Addition Contractor, Framing Contractor, Drywall Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, Home Remodeling

11/02/2016

We got 4 bids for our fireplace. Read some good and some bad reviews of all of them. Fireplace Freddie topped the bids price wise, but negotiated down a bit after we said we would paint. Once we signed the contract, they showed up right on time the next day to start the job and the demo went well. Once that was done, work slowed to a crawl and we could not seem to find out who was in charge of our...

Description of Work
A stucco covered masonry chimney and fireplace torn down and rebuilt including the foundation.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces,gas logs

09/06/2016

They came on time and completed the work as agreed to. They were excellent about cleaning up and checking their work. A few days later, another representative of the company came by to do a quality check on the work done. I highly recommend Fireplace Freddie

Description of Work
Our chimney was damaged by a falling tree limb. I called to schedule a repair. Fireplace Freddie came out promptly to give a estimate. It was reasonable and I scheduled the repair. I've used Fireplace Freddie before to recondition our chimney so I was familiar with their work and pricing.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

03/04/2016

READ THIS BEFORE YOU HIRE THIS COMPANY. I had these guys out 2 days ago to inspect our fireplaces and tell me what needs to be done to get them up to code and working. I know that it needs work. I was told that when we bought the house. Not a surprise. We've never lit a fire in either fireplace. I will not go into every detail but I will tell you my quote: $8,920. Nope not to run new pipes or anyt...

Description of Work
Read my review before you hire this company.

Category chimney caps,fireplaces

02/10/2015

This review is seventeen months in the making... In the two years after buying a house, I?ve done extensive projects, from plumbing and electrical to replacing the entire house foundation. I?ve worked with various companies but I?ve never experienced such an astonishing lack of skill, management, quality, efficiency, and communication as I have with FIREPLACE FREDDIE; so much so, I almost think th...

Description of Work
They were hired to install a gas firebox and venting.

Category fireplaces

03/10/2014

Really courteous and friendly. Fixed the problem quickly and did a complete inspection of my fireplace along with reasonable rates. Would use again.

Description of Work
Fireplace repair.

Category chimney repair,fireplaces

01/04/2014

I called up the office explained the situation with the "collapsed" Fireplace?they suggested an inspection and then I would get a quote for the repair. The inspector that came was rude and condescending and actually was annoyed that this request happened during the holiday week. I never received the inspection report, nor pictures. However, 2 weeks later they did send a quote of $50K for the repairs. In the meantime 3 other companies had come and the most the other quotes came in at were $19K. All 3 other companies included the full inspections report with pictures and explanations of the repairs. Unfortunately I would NOT recommend this company?I had high hopes from all the previous great remarks when I was searching on Angies list. I've never had to leave a bad review on Angies list?this is my first and I hope my last.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

Category fireplace company

08/28/2013

Very professional and conscientious, all the workers that came into my home treated it like their own

Description of Work
These professionals did an inspection prior to me buying a home and I hired them to repair two dangerous fireplaces, after closing. At the end of the job-the fireplaces look like new! They did a wonderful job while keeping my home clean!

Category fireplace company

04/08/2013

stop us from using an in operable fireplace. which could have caused a fire in our attice

Description of Work
inspection of fireplace

Category chimney repair contractor","fireplace company

04/01/2013

Went well. Technician very helpful.....

Description of Work
responsive to phone call and competitively priced

Category chimney sweep","chimney cap contractor","fireplace company

01/03/2013

Excelent work and expertise all around. From the first inspection I had a good feeling about them. This is not a company out to make a quick buck on the latest home improvement fad. This is a company of fireplace experts with a passion for preservation and repairs. The work istself took about a week. Some of the special cement used to repair the flue tiles was on special order from the east coast. All materials they used were from the US. They knew what they were doing. You should contact them if you love your fireplace and want it cleaned or repaired properly. I would not hesitate to use them in the future. A few weeks after the repairs are done, the lead inspector comes back out to do another thorough review, with cameras and all. He will fix anything that is not 100% to his liking. This company IS the real deal.

Description of Work
I had two chimneys repaired on a house I purchased that was built in 1965. Both needed extensive work as they had cracked fireboxes and extensive rust pop and brick displacement externally. My home inspector kind of identified the issues but didn't think they were too bad. I had Fireplace Freddie do a full inspection during the due diligence period. They did a very throrough job with the inspection, spending over three hours at the house. A detailed remediation plan was provided, with options to do extensive work or just the most pressing necessities. I opted to have both fixed thouroughly. The work included lining the fireboxes with a special cement as they both had cracks, cleaning the fireplaces thorougly, reseting several courses of bricks externally, replacing the mortor caps, installing chimney caps, and redoing the bricks at the bottom of the chimney. The even mixed color into the mortor used to set some of the original bricks that were cracked due to "rust pop" - the situation that happens when water enters the brickwork due to a cracked mortor cap. All the damage was expertly repaired. One of the selling point of this house to me was the beautiful chimneys,and they did an excellent job with them.

Category chimney sweep","chimney cap contractor","chimney repair contractor","fireplace company

Chimney & fireplace repair, rebuilds, sweeps, gas troubleshoots, inspections

Visa, MasterCard, Check