The Blind Spot

Founded 1988 • With Angi since October 2005

Serving greater Los Angeles for over 35 years, and earning OVER 200 FIVE STAR REVIEWS and a 4.8 STAR RATING on HomeAdvisor, The Blind Spot is a premier blind, shutter and drapery, repair, sales and installation company. Though humbly named, The Blind Spot can design and execute even the most

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

window treatment (11)blind cleaning (4)window replacement (1)

03/23/2022

Joel L.

They did a great job on my shutter. They have a fair price and fill them all. I was very happy they save me a lot of money so I don't have to replace my shutter.

Description of Work
Shutter repair

Work Completed On 11/23/2017

01/06/2022

Catherine A.

They did a very good job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
they repair my blinds

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

09/17/2021

Dennis T.

Based on my experience with this Company, both Richard the owner and Oscar who did the repairs were top notch. I highly recommend them. Very knowledgeable, personable and professional. I thought their prices were very fair too given what was involved.

Description of Work
Blind Repair

Work Completed On 09/17/2021

02/01/2021

Dave P.

GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
REPAIR JOB

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

12/14/2020

Debbie W.

It went great. I was able to get an appointment scheduled quickly. The workers showed up on time and were very efficient. They were able to detach the shade and take it out to their van to do the repair, which I appreciated due to COVID protocols. Reinstallation of the shade went smoothly. All in all I was very pleased and would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repair of the pull on a shade

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review!!

12/14/2020

Kitt H.

Terrific! Great service and pricing. The only recommendation I have is I found clips from cord material for several days.

Description of Work
Repair multiple blinds.

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for your kind review! We should have done better though to make sure the little cord clippings were picked up, however. This will be part of our staff meeting tomorrow I assure you. Thanks again! Don't forget you have an unconditional 3 month warranty with us, so give us a call should you have any issues. All the best, and Happy Holidays!!!

08/12/2020

Dana F.

He called right away and I was happy with how they fixed my blinds. They were conscientious and helpful.

Description of Work
I have four silhouette blinds. Two need cord repairs. Two are coming off attachment at top of window.

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Remember you have a 3 month unconditional warranty on all of our work, with new blinds or repair. Let us know if you have any issues, or if there is anything else we can do or answer for you. Richard

01/07/2020

Jill C.

The work was well done with the repairman arriving right on time.

Description of Work
Blind Repair

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

01/02/2020

Bruce S.

"Oscar," the person who is mentioned in this company's positive reviews, was ill so the owner himself, Richard, came to do the job. He could not complete the job because he needed to order a part. I paid him $124 with the understanding that he would come back and finish the job. He never did, and he failed to return any of the voice-mail messages that I left over a period of weeks. Not recommended.

Description of Work
Repair to wooden blinds

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

This job was to work on two wood blinds that needed to be restrung as well as one having a bad tilter mechanism. We carry many tilters on our vehicle, but this one was very unique and was of an antique design. The blinds have no manufacturers mark on them, so though we tried to find the part we were unable to. The part, and any additional service were not included in the $124 price for the repairs that were done that day. When I arrived the blinds were not mounted to the wall, which they were when I left, and they had also been restrung. That was what the charge was for. I informed the client that the part was unknown to me, but that I would make every attempt to find it., which I did. I do wish my communication had been better with this, however. As it says in the review, my installer was sick. Well, he was so sick that he ended up in the hospital and was out of work for weeks. It was difficult to provide my usual level of communication during those 3-4 weeks or so, as I was doing all of my work and his. I don't feel that the review of all "F"s across the board is justified, but I will be reaching out to see if I can make things better, and find his unusual, antique wood tilter. UPDATE - Not wanting an unsatisfied client, I spent the better part of 4 hours online trying to locate his unique wood blind tilter control. Amazingly, I did finally find it, but it was only available in South Africa and Korea, and had to be purchased in bulk. I contacted the client and communicated what I had found. It made no sense to order the minimum of 100 tilters as I had not seen these tilters but once if thirty years. So I contacted the client to see if, with all my efforts; 2 hours on the site, blinds installed and restrung, and 4 hours on the internet and communicating to suppliers in South Africa, if he would please reassess his rating. Might he at least see the effort made and just give me straight 'C's? But I never received any reply. So I worked on this mans repair for 6 hours and charged him $124 and still have this rating

10/04/2019

Deborah T.

I called The Blind Spot in the morning about a broken cord in our blind. Richard was able to send Oscar to fix the problem three hours later. Oscar diagnosed the problems involving a bracket that had completely disengaged from the wall and a broken cord. He fixed the problems and replaced the plastic cord with a sturdier stainless steel cord and replaced the cord in the adjacent blind to match. Couldn't be more pleased with the promptness and professionalism. Price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Repair of broken blinds

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for that wonderful review! That really makes doing the job worth while. We cannot always be that quick to respond, but we do try. Yes, Oscar is great, and those stainless steel ball chains he used to repair your shades should last for you. Remember you also have a three month unconditional warranty on any repair work we do, so if any issue does arise, just give us a call. Thank you again for letting us be a part of your design team. - Richard

01/24/2019

Tamanika I.

Excellent work. Richard really saved me. I had my windows replaced and to do so, the shutters had to be removed. I had called 6 shutter places and all said they would not or could not remove the shutters and re-install them. Thank goodness I called The Blind Spot. Richard said he could do it. In fact the frames had to be cut down to fit the new windows but they did the work beautifully. And it saved me so much money. When I need any window treatments from now on, I will definitely call The Blind Spot.

Description of Work
Shutters repaired

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! It was an interesting project, but there was no need to discard those shutters. Trimming down the frames was all that was needed, though it sounds easier than it was. It's not as profitable to repair them then to sell you new ones. That is the main reason the 6 other companies don't want to do this work. But for me that is short sighted. Your shutters were fine, in really good shape actually, so why should you buy new ones? Also, what is the cost to our environment? We are proud of the contribution our work makes to a better world. We have kept literally tens of thousands of blinds, shutters, and drapery from early entry into the waste stream. We believe that makes a difference today, when everything seems like it is made to be discarded, and the resources needed to fabricate, package, ship, and install something is quite impactful. Also, now that we have done a good job for you, when you do need something new, we hope you will give us a call. All the best to you, and thanks again, [Member Name Removed], for letting us be a part of your design team! - Richard

07/30/2018

Linda B.

It met all our expectations. The work was done promptly and professionally. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Repair of a "Duette" Honeycomb window covering

Work Completed On 07/08/2018

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! The pleasure was ours. Do remember that you have a three month warranty if you experience any problem with what we have done. Thanks again for letting us be a part of your team. Richard -

05/25/2018

Mona H.

Fantastic! Richard was very professional on the phone when I called to schedule the appointment. He was very nice and worked with our limited availability to schedule an appointment for the very next morning. Richard and Oscar arrived on time, promptly figured out the problem with the cord, and fixed it very quickly. They even explained to us what had happened and how to prevent it from happening again. They were pleasant, professional, and prompt.

Description of Work
cord repair for a Roman Shade

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Thank you so much!! It's words like that that make it all worth while. Really a pleasure to meet you, and thank you for letting us be a part of your team! - Richard

07/24/2016

Marilyn H.

Blind Spot was extremely professional, made sure the repairs were done to my approval. The serviceman was extremely courteous and very meticulous about his work. I highly recommend Blind Spot for repairs of shutters and blind and any other window treatment needs you might have.

Description of Work
Blind Spot repaired broken plantation shutters, as well as some wooden blinds

Work Completed On 07/19/2016

07/12/2016

daisy H.

It was fantastic the service man was punctual & polite, the job was done quickly and the area was left spotless. Im very pleased & the blind works like a charm.

Description of Work
re-strung a two inch wood blind

Work Completed On 06/28/2016

10/16/2005

THE DID AN IMPRESSIVE JOB. WHEN THEY HAD FINISHED WITH THEIR JOB, THE PRODUCT WAS VERY NICE. THEY WERE ALSO FRIENDLY AND VERY HELPFUL. I WAS PLEASED WITH THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

Description of Work
WHAT THEY DID WAS DESIGNED AND MADE AND ALSO INSTALLED MY WINDOW TREATMENTS.

Category window treatments

Though it has been some time since doing the job for [member name removed], as I have come to Angie's list to update our profile and become a more active member, and found her review still here, I want to comment on it. First I would like to say what a wonderful experience it was working with [member name removed] on her window treatments. She and her husband are very nice, and great to do a project with. As I remember we did the entire house, though I think a few rooms at a time. I will post the pictures of the job we did for her and label them if possible. They were beautiful. We did stunning full swags and cascades with bullion fringe in the Living Room, stationary panels on wood poles with iron finials and rings in the Dining Room, wood blinds with casual valances in the Kitchen and Family Room, and rich roman shades in the Master Bedroom and Bath. I know we did more, but it was some time ago. It's really easy to great work when the client has great taste and is as willing to let us do our job as I remember [member name removed] was. And finally a heart felt "Thank You!!", to [member name removed]. I hope trying to become more active on Angie's list will earn me many more clients like you! I think I'll give a call and tell you in person as well. Thanks again. Also, I hope Angie's list members will put as much weight in [member name removed] words as her rating. I think the letter system lacks a subtlety that her comments provide.

Contact

Phone

10057 La Tuna Canyon Rd

Sun Valley, CA 91352

Website

There is virtually nothing in the world of window coverings we do not offer.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal