A-1 Chimney Sweep

Founded 2000 • With Angi since December 2012

4.3

10821 Saticoy St

Sun Valley, CA 91353

At A1 Chimney Sweep we provide complete chimney services including visual inspection, sweeping, cleanings, indoor & outdoor repairs, all fuel pipes, chimney caps, re-lining, waterproofing, & duct/ dryer vent cleaning. We are staffed with only highly skilled, trained, and friendly employees. Call us today to schedule an appointment!...

02/18/2017

John M.

Extremely well - see above.

Description of Work
I woke up after this massive storm last night to discover that the entire top of my chimney had blown off and was not resting next to my house. This is not a small object and I had no idea what to do. It is a Saturday today and several other companies are closed. Two were open. The first I called was hostile and asking me a bunch of questions that I had no answers to - how would I know the specific chimney parts? Then David called and he offered to come over and take a look. He was inventive and said he could straighten out all the pieces that had come off and reuse them. He replaced a couple of inner parts and then I asked him to sweep the chimney too, since he was doing the other stuff. Two hours later, my chimney was back in place, the soot swept (he showed me how much came out and it was a lot) and it really cost less than I had imagined when I woke up this morning. He did not try to sell me anything, in fact, he was helpful using the pieces that I had. He was outstanding and did not make me feel pressured or over a barrel in my situation and I very much appreciated that. What a quality guy and operation. I would not hesitate to call him again.

01/20/2017

Jeff P.

I wasn't home when the provider came out on Tuesday, but arrived shortly after. The employee who came out was nice and respectful and answered some of the questions I had. I had to leave to take care of some personal business, leaving my mother home with him while he completed the work. I had a snap-on socket rail with multiple sockets and a quarter inch ratchet sitting on the mantle on Sunday night, as I had been working on fixing/removing the glass fireplace door to get it repaired as well. When I came back home later Tuesday evening, these tools were missing. I asked my mother if she had moved them, but she had not. I called the company and asked if the employee (David) if had accidentally taken the tools. He said he would check and call me back, but never did. When I didn't hear back from him, I called again and gave him an ultimatum...either return the tools and we could go our separate ways (no harm, no foul) or I was going to file a police report, which I am in the process of doing now because I have not had my tools returned. I would hate for this to happen with anyone else, so I strongly advise using a different company for chimney maintenance or repair.

Description of Work
Hired to clean the chimney and some minor repairs

04/20/2016

Berthann H.

I am unable to get up on my roof to inspect the work, had someone go on my roof to give a visual inspection. That person advised me that the flu device did not fit properly with the chimney itself. The device did not conform to the shape of the chimney itself. During a recent windstorm device was blown off. Trying to contact him recently to get my money back for this device as it does not fit. Tried to reach via email and has not responded back.

Description of Work
Chimney and also did masonry work on top of the chimney replacing bricks and cement. Installed a flu like device on top of the chimney.

Category chimney sweep

Hi [Member Name Removed], this is David Welsh from A1 Chimney Sweep. I do remember doing the work for you but all that was put on your chimney was a RMR Chimney Safety Cap which is a California Premium Universal Chimney Cap and is a standard size (which fits the chimney because I measured it and also fits all chimneys in California.) What this did was prevent any water and or animals from coming in. I also rebuilt the crown. You were happy with the work done. We spoke about this and I advised you that it was someone trying to get you to buy other unnecessary things.

01/22/2016

Karen M.

Description of Work
He came and cleaned out the chimney and installed a spark arrester. He did a great job and was very friendly and reliable.

01/13/2016

Gilda T.

Level of service has always been nothing less than superb.

Description of Work
New caps and crown

07/15/2014

Debra B.

4/17/14 a check for all materials was issued $450.00 was given to him about a week prior to work starting. 4/22/14 He started the work and asked for another $200.00 after working on the fireplace leaving a balance of $200. 4/23/14 repair work was done and the door trap measured and phoned in to the company that makes it arrival to be determined (to be advised) and noted on the check memo box and job pain in full. Later I was told it I needed to pay a additional $25. Since David was working on a different project for me I added it to the check for the work he was doing on 5/16/14 , noting again on the check memo line it was for the ash plate/door. I still have not gotten this door. I have made several calls I was told he forgot then he stopped answering the phone and now I have left messages for 2 months and left a message before posting this review. FYI - According to the California state board deposit are 10% of a bid or $1,000 which ever is less.

Description of Work
Repaired Chimney lining, cracks, and cap to prevent water damage, repaired firebox floor and cracked areas. repair Tech 2000 for flue system, fire clay for firewall, spec mix for crown of chimney. will return for work on 4/21/14

07/15/2014

Debra B.

Cleaned and provided a quote for required repair

Description of Work
Clean and inspected Chimney for safety.

07/09/2014

Tammy C.

great job, on time, clean, and honest!!

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and sealant repair.

11/21/2013

john C.

Chimney sweep appointment was setup for Saturday between 1-3p. We had ended our conversation asking him to call if he was going to be late or needed to reschedule. He never showed up nor did he call us. What a waste of our time!!

Description of Work
Nothing - He never showed up for the scheduled appointment

11/06/2013

Dale S.

Work went well. Arrived at the scheduled times. Did not make a mess. The method used to make the repairs seemed reasonable.

Description of Work
Sweep two chimneys, repair cracks in fire brick joints on two chimneys, repair the crown on two chimineys.

10/29/2013

Robert S.

They did a very good job. They were competent and responsive. They communicated clearly and I learned a lot while watching them. I also thought the price was good.

Description of Work
They cleaned the chimney and dryer exhaust.

Category chimney caps, dryer vent cleaning

09/14/2013

Lori E.

David took action when noticing repairs I needed and created my trust. David of A-1 Chimney came to my door and told me he was doing work in the area and noticed that my chimney needed repairs. I was told this when I had my chimney swept and the cap replaced years ago, and couldn't afford it at the time. I said I don't deal with people who come to my door because of unpleasant experiences, just go by friends' recommendations and Angie's List. When he said he's on Angie's List, I dashed to my computer to check him out. He had excellent reviews, so I decided to go with it. I am SO glad! Professional - Excellent at what he does - Fair and honest pricing We went outside and he pointed out what needed fixing and why. He explained very clearly what had to be done to make the repairs and how much each part would cost. He did the repairs right then; it was great not to have to schedule another time. When he swept the chimney, he thoroughly taped off the fireplace so there would be no soot in the house, totally cleaned out the fireplace, made sure there was no dirt left after cleaning up - and fixed the stuck damper without charging. Not only did he stick to his quoted prices, which I found quite reasonable, when I asked about replacing the cap because I thought it was large and unattractive, he said it was of good quality and I shouldn't change it. When he tried to re-cement the door at the base of the chimney for removing ashes and that didn't work because it would be more complex to repair, he told me what I could obtain to fix it another way. Efficient follow-up He said he'd be back in the area in a few days and would check the concrete work he'd done on top of the chimney to make sure it hadn't cracked, so he could do repairs if required. He did come by and it was still perfect. Not only is he thorough, courteous and professional, when I was ready to have him do more, he was honest rather than take advantage of my open wallet!

Description of Work
Tore down and rebuilt chimney crown; repaired flashing; swept chimney; sealed cracks; repaired damper.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

07/15/2013

Scott H.

I would definitely recommend them. He seems really honest, and he was very thorough with the way he explained things. he even brought me on the roof to show me stuff. So he was a stand up guy and a very good communicator.

Description of Work
I used A-1 Chimney Sweep or chimney cleaning services.

04/04/2013

Taryn B.

I thoroughly recommend this company. I am so happy with the job they did, I want everyone to know. I had another chimney sweep there earlier and he told me I needed over $5000 worth of repairs and replacements, which the guy from A-1 told me was a complete lie -- they just wanted the money and nothing needed to be replaced or repaired! He did a great job and cleaned everything better than the other chimney sweep also. We heat our house with our wood stoves and don't have central heat, so the chimney sweep we use is very important to us. We will definitely use him again. His prices are fair. He is honest and nice. He also does a fantastic job. and cleans everything up spotlessly - also better than the other company we used.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and wood stove. He also removed and thoroughly cleaned the chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Air-Tech Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

If you're looking for comfort you can count on, you've found the right place! Whether you need service-and need it fast-or you're looking to replace or invest in new equipment for your home, Air-Tech Air Conditioning & Heating can help. Ask around... our name is well known and respected in because we care about impressing you so much that you'll want to call us next time and every time. Award-winning Air Conditioning & Heating Company including the Angie's List Super Service Award. Free estimates on replacement systems, new installations and duct cleaning/air purification. Servicing all major brands, makes and models for central and ductless/mini-split systems. Financing is available. Air-Tech is a participating HERO contractor.

Offers by Air-Tech Air Conditioning & Heating Inc on Angi
    Bresnahan Rain Gutter Cleaning

We would prefer a call or text for the fastest service. Thank you!!! **Please call and text Pat at 323.314.7837 if you're interested in service. He answers all inquiries very quickly.** Specializing in all aspects of rain gutters and rain gutter maintenance, Bresnahan Rain Gutter Cleaning has valuable experience dealing with common rain gutter problems, such as unwanted water drips, standing water, water that overshoots the gutters, gutters that pull loose from the roof and debris trapped in gutters. We offer a wide range of gutter services, such as aluminum gutter installation, custom gutter installation, gutter cleaning, gutter maintenance and gutter repair and top-notch Commercial rain gutter cleaning. We also provide window washing and window cleaning services. Additional website: https://cleanraingutter.com/ For fastest scheduling please call or text Pat at (323) 314-7837.

Offers by Bresnahan Rain Gutter Cleaning on Angi
    Pressurize Washing Systems

Pressurize Washing Systems LLC is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business.

We provide but not limit to complete chimney services including visual inspection, sweeping, cleanings, indoor & outdoor repairs, all fuel pipes, chimney caps, re-lining, waterproofing, & duct/ dryer vent cleaning.