Stockton Ace Hardware

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2010

4.3

3201 W Benjamin Holt Dr 150

Stockton, CA 95219

Stockton Ace Hardware is a locally owned Ace Hardware Store that has served Stockton and the surrounding area for more than 30 years. In addition to the items that you would expect a hardware store we fix stuff! If you can't fix it, we'll fix it, either at the store, or at your home.

10/06/2017

Carolyn G.

Bid was fair but we decided to wait to do the project in the future.

Description of Work
Requested a bid for replacing a redwood fence. Response was timely & professional.

Category fencing

05/13/2017

Excellent...professional, innovative, timely.

Description of Work
Remove item from garbage disposal.

Category handyman service, plumbing

04/26/2017

Alan H.

Track (wire rod) replaced and leveled. Track lubricated. Slides very smoothly now with minimum effort.

Description of Work
Patio door was binding, really hard to move.

Category handyman service, doors

03/21/2017

Carolyn G.

On time, courteous, knowledgeable, efficient!

Description of Work
Installed replacement ceiling fan.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans, home improvement stores

01/31/2017

BIll C.

what should have been a max 2 hr job took 5 plus hours to complete. I think the gentlemen was a very nice person but I think he may have been a bit over his head. He should have in my opinion had an additional person helping him or someone that was more experienced. Again as a person very nice and pleasant. He really did his best and I do appreciate his efforts, just took an extra long time.

Description of Work
Installation of dish-washer, and range hood.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

01/17/2017

Yolanda B.

Both problems were corrected.

Description of Work
Water would not come from water dispenser on front of refrigerator. Dish washer hose to air dam was clogged with food causing water to back up out of air dam.

10/31/2016

Dee J.

Great job!

Description of Work
Installation of a new replacement sink for the hall bathroom.

10/04/2016

John D.

Great Job.

Description of Work
Sliding screen door - replace screen

Category screen repair

09/12/2016

Carolyn G.

Great! Fast response on a Saturday of a holiday weekend! Cleared clog, cleaned pipe all the way to where it joins the sewer line, and gave us tips for avoiding future clogs. 1 hr 15 mins - $125.00 which we thought was reasonable. Carlos was very professional and friendly--let us watch!

Description of Work
Clearing clogged kitchen drains.

Category plumbing

04/22/2016

Theresa C.

Description of Work
we did not use them

03/30/2016

Thomas C.

02/26/2016

Andrew R.

Description of Work
Just asked him to hang an interior door and unfortunately he did not know how to properly perform the job. It is an older home and required the door to trimmed to properly fit it in. I was at work and he did the job with my mother home supervising. He took advantage of that and did a terrible job. The door was very crooked and did not even close and open all the way because it dragged on the carpet.He made comments such as the carpet needed to be removed and install thinner carpet etc.. every excuse about why he could not properly do his job. Anyway he was back a few days later to correct the job and I had my uncle (who has been in construction for many years educate him on how to properly install the door). After many apologies and some anger on my part, we finally got the door installed properly. It took 3 tries with the supervision and advice of a professional to do it correctly. I am lucky that this got resolved it just wasted about 3 weeks of my life. |Anyway no hard feelings, I just wish that if you do not know how to do the job, you admit to that fact and ask for help. That is the honorable thing to do. Anyhow I wont be using Ace Handyman service again but I do appreciate their store and advice from people inside the store, they are very helpful.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, doors

01/08/2016

Nonyem I.

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service, irrigation systems, doors, drain cleaning

12/21/2015

Susan R.

Daniel did a perfect, high quality job. He made sure my needs were met well within the quick time frames needed.

Description of Work
Doggie door and fence

Category fencing, handyman service

11/18/2015

Mary P.

Beware, it was terrible. They used interior material and everything rusted on the gate. The solar system fell off because the part that they had they had attached to was not rust proof. I suspected them of drug use, because they were clowning so bad, that the neighbors called the police on them.

Description of Work
They were supposed to install a automatic gate and repair a corner in a wooden fence.

10/16/2015

richard F.

Very friendly and showed me twice how to get to the filter. Also gave me tip to first secure the faucet water cord to prevent it from sliding out of faucet. Since it wasn't a year from installation and it only took him 10 minutes he didn't charge for service call. I'm a repeat customer and call them on a regular basis.

Description of Work
Repair slow water flow from kitchen sink faucet they had installed in 9/2014. Tech came out and showed me how to unplug the screen filter of the sand build up over the one year causing the lack of water pressure.

Category plumbing

07/22/2015

Leslie P.

I have shopped at this Ace Hardware many times. They have also re-screened my screen door for me. They are, truly, the "helpful hardware folks"! Often, when I walk in, there is someone to help me right away. I feel very comfortable in there, especially since I am not a very "handy" person.

Description of Work
Sold hardware, re-screened screen door, provided advice.

Category handyman service, screen repair

06/30/2015

JoAnn D.

Good.

Description of Work
Assemble an exercise machine.

Category fitness equipment

05/06/2015

Irma E. M.

The door was pre-ordered, and it came without the holes cut out for the handles, so they had to cut them out themselves! They did a great job, and I was pleased with their service. They were excellent.

Description of Work
They installed a new screen door for me.

Category doors

04/10/2015

Ashland B.

Description of Work
Replaced a Kitchen faucet and cabinet hinges.

Category handyman service, plumbing

02/04/2015

Caitlin L.

I have a 14-year-old KitchenAid stand mixer that began leaking oil every time it was turned on. KitchenAid customer service was unable to fix the problem, and no other local handyman or appliance services seemed willing to tackle the problem since it was just a tabletop appliance. The handyman there admitted he had never worked on stand mixers before, but was willing to try to fix it. I provided the new container of grease (I wasn't sure if they offered this as well and didn't want to take a chance that they'd need it halfway through the repair). The mixer was fixed the next day and for $35.00 - far less than the $250 or more I'd be spending for a new mixer! This repair was performed approximately a year ago and the mixer has been running perfectly since.

Description of Work
Repaired a small appliance (stand mixer).

Category handyman service, small appliance repair

08/28/2014

richard F.

Arrived on schedule and completed the rub drain and 2 "hose bibs" changes in one hour; completed remaining jobs in 3 hours with animal mess and digging; professional finishing in adjusting sprinkler head adjustments.

Description of Work
Clear bathroom drain in tub; change bathroom fan (motor) and two bathroom basin faucets; dig out and change 7 yard sprinklers; and replaced 2 outside yard faucets for hoses.

Category electrician, irrigation systems, plumbing, ceiling fans, drain cleaning

03/27/2013

las F.

Stockton Ace Hardware is generally okay and they do give great service.

Description of Work
I recently used Stockton Ace Hardware's handyman services.

06/29/2012

Aaron M.

They are reputable and their prices were fair.

Description of Work
We had some sinks replaced.

Category handyman service, plumbing, home improvement stores

01/27/2007

ENRIQUE S.

They said it would take one week to finish the job. It took 4 weeks and they did a poor job. Had to call repeatedly to ask them to come and finish. Left the backyard without a fence for several weeks. Left fast food wrappers and garbage in the yard. Had to ask them to clean it up. Some parts of the fence were left with large gaps. Gate was not hinged correctly.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 140 ft. of backyard wooden fencing. Used redwood pickets, pressure treated posts and rails.

Category fencing

A-1 Grading & Paving

A-1 Grading & Paving has all your asphalt desires and needs on your personal drive way or road,etc. we are family owned and operated business . fell free to give us a call to get your dream project done with a-1 service •chip seal •seal coat •concrete •asphalt • striping •grading

Offers by A-1 Grading & Paving on Angi
    Tracy Lennon Painting

Hello! My name is Tracy Lennon and I have been painting homes in the valley for 35 years. I offer the best price and the highest quality painting. You can't get the lowest price and the highest quality no matter what any other painter tells you, You will only deal with me, I actually do the painting, not a crew of strangers that you have not talked to before they show up at your home. Give me a call so I can put you in contact with some of my satisfied customers. I have been running my business with the best kind of advertising, word of mouth, for 35 years so give me a call and let me add you to my list of more than satisfied customers. Thanks for letting me serve you! Tracy Lennon 1-209-601-0905 anytime p.s. I'm a guy and not related to John Lennon of the Beatles, but I do have a band, and I am related to the Lennon sisters of Lawrence Welk fame. 35 years experience Interior/Exterior Pressure washing Drywall repairs Texturing High ceilings Resedential/ Commercial No job too big or too small Work nights and weekends License #787589 1-209-601-0905 anytime

Award 2022
    PaveCo asphalt construction

Family owned local paving company,here at PaveCo asphalt we aim to establish a long term relationship with our clients,we take pride in what we do and custumer satisfaction is a must!!

Offers by PaveCo asphalt construction  on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry. Sprinklers, Complete Remodeling, Painting. No job too big or too small, window and door screen replacement and repair, glass repair, new windows, fences, decks, gazebos, arbors