American Home Renewal Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since November 2004

310 Shaw Rd Suite A

South San Francisco, CA 94080

American Home Renewal Inc. is a family owned / operated window and siding company. We specialize in new window replacement, exterior siding, seamless gutters, attic insulation and doors. We guarantee your satisfaction up front. With our unique Satisfaction First policy you'll make no payments, no deposits until our work is completed to your satisfaction. We provide the highest quality work at a reasonable price. We have 32 employee proud team members. www.renewal.com...

06/08/2021

George H.

Read if sound reduction is important to you We have a home by a busy street with a constant stream of traffic, and decided to replace our windows for an improved sound reduction. After meeting with multiple installers, we decided to work with American Home Renewal. The sales rep appeared very knowledgable, and friendly. During our initial assessment, I've expressed my #1 concern is noise, and that I was willing to choose a higher quality sound reduction window such as the Milgard Quiet Series. The rep explained that if we install the Weather Shield standard double pane, we will be just fine. He even shared that they installed a home within our block. Based on his experience, and company reputation, I fully trusted them to make the right recommendations. That was where I made a mistake. After we installed the double pane windows and patio doors at the price of $31k, the sound reduction was no better than the ones I had before. I expressed my frustration, and the rep mentioned that it's odd and that he never had this issue before. He recommended upgrading our window glass to the Zo-e-shield 6, which is a laminated glass. He stated that this absolutely should do the trick. "It would sound like a tomb in here" After we installed the upgrade, same issue is persisting. The same humming of every single car is coming through. To be clear, we had our walls re-insulated for sound reduction before the windows, so the sound emulation is clearly coming from the windows. The rep said he was baffled, and that we may have faulty windows from Weather Shield. He invited the WS rep to inspect. Both the sales rep and window rep agreed that the sound reduction is not what they expected, and that they will research if I got the right windows. 3 days later, I was the told the windows was built to their standard, and that no further action could be provided. The sales rep offered an apology and that he wished me luck in solving this issue. Welp, I'm down $38k, got windows that performed the same as my previous windows, and an apology for poor recommendation. I did not expect them to be sound experts, but they should have given me the highest quality sound option available. Do not trust their guarantee of "Satisfaction First." Do not trust their expertise. Do not trust Weather Shield products.

Description of Work
Windows and Doors replacement

05/14/2021

Dianne G.

American Home Renewal did an excellent job. They were incredibly responsive and helpful, especially when dealing with the special circumstances and constraints of retrofitting windows within the guidelines of an HOA. Mark who ran my initial estimate and supported the project through the end of the contract creation and signing was always available to answer questions and willing to help out when I needed support with my HOA. The installation team did a wonderful job, they were prompt, professional, and courteous. And when I discovered several tears in one of the screens about a month after the project, AHR sent someone right out to fix it. I am extremely happy with my new windows - the house is much warmer and quieter now, and I've already recommended the company to several of my neighbors.

Description of Work
Retrofit of all windows in townhome

02/04/2021

Elena Marie H.

They never called me back in time! In fact I finally called them and they said they didn't do that type of work. I had to fix it myself! On another note, Angie should add some Mexican contractors for the Latino community as well! They actually do great work and right away,

Description of Work
I needed my front door jam to be fixed as it had been kicked in.

Category gutter repair

10/21/2020

Russ W.

The field tech work was absolutely first rate, the pricing was not what was originally discussed, but we worked things out. RGJW.

Description of Work
'realignment of front door & re-fit front door lock.'

Category woodworking, doors

09/23/2020

David P.

The job went smoothly, replacing the rollers in two large glass sliding doors. Prior to the job, they were almost impossible to move, now they roll in the track like new. I was a bit surprised by the price, however, the entire job took under three hours and four new rollers were installed, yet the price was almost $1,000, which seems high.

Description of Work
Replacing the rollers on two big sliding glass doors

Category doors

08/20/2020

Leo B.

They never responded to my request for information/quote through Angie’s List.

Description of Work
Replacement of 3 doors (including a double front door) and 3 sliders.

Category woodworking

10/30/2019

Eddie R.

They removed the existing siding, repaired whatever dry rot they found, added shear wall and insulation where there was none and then installed the Hardee Board siding. The crew showed up every day and did their work as intrusively as they could. They were friendly and responded well to any concerns I had with anything they did. I am 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
Residing my house

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

10/24/2019

Mary Kay S.

It went extremely well! Beyond our wildest expectations! The skilled craftsmen did a phenomenal job--they were professional, prompt, hardworking, knowledgeable, friendly, and very tidy! The siding and sliding glass door are exceptional.

Description of Work
Siding and Windows

Category siding, doors

10/21/2019

Scott T.

We can't say enough about how great this company is and echo the positive things said by other reviewers. AHR replaced the insulation, sheathing, water barrier and siding on one side of our two-story house due to prior water intrusion. We also replaced eight windows. Everything from the initial sales call to the last day working went just right. The window crew couldn't have been nicer, was on time every day, and did high quality work. The siding crew was awesome. Nick, Peter, and Andre were pleasant and SO hard working. They are a well oiled machine. The pump jack system they use allowed them to work around a shed that would have been very difficult to move. They were polite and efficient, cleaned up every day and were some of the easiest workers to have around that we've known. AHR also graciously adjusted their siding schedule to accommodate other contractors with minimal overall delays. Although we had to wait several weeks to get on their production schedule, we feel the quality of work was worth the wait. We will definitely use them again if needed and unhesitatingly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replace siding and windows

10/03/2019

Anthony G.

We found the team to be professional and very responsive to our requests, such as making sure the garden plants were not harmed during the installation. The onsite supervisor made sure that the job was done to his high standards, often pausing to ask us what we thought and explaining the process to us. Besides being punctual, the team also left our home clean and tidy after their work.

Description of Work
replaced windows and doors

Category replacement windows, doors

10/03/2019

Fred S.

Excellent at every step. Very professional from scoping the job, bidding, going over various choices we needed to make, explaining materials, and completing the work. Totally pleased

Description of Work
New French doors

Category doors

11/01/2018

Leonard K.

Fantastic! The price quoted before the construction was the same price we paid after the project was completed. All their work, along with others , for scaffolding, painting, new flashing installed was perfectly coordinated and completed in one month with no cost overruns. All three apartment owners were very satisfied.

Description of Work
James Hardie siding on our building and replacement of our front windows for three apartments in our building.

10/21/2018

Martin M.

had original rotted T1-11 siding as sheer wall replaced with plywood sheer wall, hardy blueskin, and hardie panel siding. also had vinyl replacement windows and sliding door taken out and milgard ultra fiberglass installed instead. all work performed to high quality standard. good flexibility for our participation in the process. very focused on customer satisfaction. would definitely recommend to others who know what they want from their window/door/siding contractor.

Description of Work
windows, siding, doors

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

10/21/2018

Kim H.

AHR did two jobs for me at once, installing new Hardieboard shingle siding and 5 new Milgard Windows at my house on the Sonoma Coast. I was looking for a reputable contractor for the siding as it has special installation requirements. I had talked to several other contractors who said they could do it, but didn’t trust them to do it right. The fact that AHR could do my windows also was a great bonus. As their home base is South San Francisco, I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that they would take a job in rural Sonoma county. Their office coordinated with me nicely so that both jobs could be done in the same week even though they were different teams of installers. Everyone showed up when they said they would and were great to work with. They actually finished slightly ahead of schedule and left my place clean and tidy. My new siding and windows are beautiful. We later discovered a manufacturer flaw in one of the window in that it wouldn’t consistently latch. I reached out to Keith who was the project mgr for the install. He came out with a new latch mechanism for it, but we discovered that the sash was actually the problem. He contacted Milgard and worked with me thru the process to get a new sash made and installed. Their customer service has been fabulous & responsive. They truly want to get it right for you. I would highly recommend AMerican Home Renewal.

Description of Work
hardieboard siding and Millard windows

10/19/2018

Robert R.

Replaced Sliding in front of House. They were able to complete it in two days with a crew of four. Left the area clean after finishing. They pay attention to details. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Sliding Replacement on Front and side of two story home

Category siding

10/18/2018

Amy T.

It went very well. The project was completed efficiently and with great workmanship. The outside was left pretty clean after each day’s work. Our house was done early. The team, from office to those who came to work at the house, were all friendly, courteous, and quick and professional in responding to all of our concerns.

Description of Work
Remove stucco, Put on insulation and siding

Category siding

10/17/2018

Rex L.

we built a new backyard studio and had top of the line Milgard doors and windows installed by American Home Renewal. From start to finish, the process went smooth, hassle-free, and timely. I'm so glad I chose AHR to do the work and that I followed their recommendation for the best windows/doors available! After the job, my wife insisted that I get the same doors for our main house which I promptly did. Again, the job went flawlessly!

Description of Work
new windows, doors and siding

Category siding, doors

Naveen G.

Mark and Keith and their team replaced my 3 bedrooms 2 bath windows in the early 2000s. It has been almost 15 to 18 years since they did the work and we have been enjoying these windows which were installed perfectly by Mark's crew. Both the owners are great human beings, work extremely hard, and his attitude reflects on his crew and his staff. One of my patio door screens was falling apart after all these years ( The wire mesh is coming off the screen doors ). It's a normal wear and tear and I called today to seek some help. I wasn't sure that they will respond. Not only are the original owners in business, but Sandra on the phone was amazing and dug up my file in her system. She was even able to pull up my home address etc. She jumped on my request and helped me the same way the owners would have personally done so. Told ya !! the attitude of the owners reflects on their staff. Me and my wife would personally like to send a big Thank You !! to Mark and Keith, the owners and their team for not only working hard to win our project 15 years ago, but more importantly keeping their business together to help our local community. Well done Mark and Keith !! The windows are holding up solidly after all these years and they look like they were installed yesterday. Call us to say Hello !!

Description of Work
Window Replacement and Repair

Suzanne D.

Very well. The job was done quickly. We were always kept informed. Everything was cleaned up well. This is an excellent company. I am unable to compare prices because we did not shop . We used this company because they were highly recommended and we were not disappointed.

Description of Work
replace 4 windows and rain gutters on one side of the house

Sandy J.

It went very well. The windows came in the expected timeframe and were installed in less than quoted time. The installers were very considerate of our home and left no mess behind. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Window replacement

10/14/2018

Linda N.

The Sidings and window project went very well, and I am very pleased with American Home Renewal. We do not typically take the time to write reviews, but their service was of such high quality, I really wanted to share our experience. I would highly recommend American Home Renewal.

Description of Work
Siding and Window work

Darren S.

It was great. The AHR team was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous working on our home. They finished all three jobs on time and on budget and did great work.

Description of Work
Replaced windows, siding and gutters

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Danielle E.

From Start to Finish, American Home renewal was a class act. I was given a very competitive offer with no hidden costs on my chosen start date. Communication between the office, sales, production, crew, etc was exceptional. Crew arrived always on time, worked hard, were respectful and professional and appropriately supervised. Misha, Alex and Dennis treated my home as if it were their own, with attention to each little detail and creative problem solving. Alex and Dennis custom crafted my garage door and an entrance to fit the crawl space and while doing this somehow fixed non-functional electrical outlets without my ever asking. Windows were expertly installed in a day and Miguel took his time to make sure the door was perfectly placed. The experience was hassle free and I was actually sad to see the crew leave as I liked them so much. This project was the best investment and solution to an exterior of peeling paint w/ dry rot wood. My home not only looks 100% better, it is also protected from the elements, well insulated and will not need to be repainted. I've gotten many compliments on my new home and I couldn't be happier w/ American Home Renewal.

Description of Work
James Hardie Siding and Milgard windows installation

Greg F.

Our American Home Renewal experience was flawless from the start, with the team arriving promptly and immediately tackling the project. We had previously hired another firm, who struggled to figure out how to execute our project. The American Home Renewal team was clearly experienced and well-trained, and they completed the project faster than we expected and and a reasonable price. Also, they cleaned up their work at the end of each day and were friendly and pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend American Home Renewal.

Description of Work
Window, Doors and Other Home Services

Category replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

05/21/2018

Janet Y.

American Home Renewal did a fantastic job on our siding replacement and window addition project at a very reasonable price and were a conscientious, pleasant, straight-forward team to work with. Context: Our 3-story building has two condo units. We needed to replace an entire exterior wall's plywood siding that had significant dry rot and repair any rot that had reached the framing. While we were at it, we wanted to add four additional windows to that wall. Chris at AHR was very helpful and knowledgeable talking through recommendations with us, which included replacing our old plywood with lower-maintenance engineered HardieBoard siding. I am very detail oriented and ask many questions. He was never dismissive of our questions, and treated my co-owner and I (both women) with respect. His bid was both well-priced (comparable to bids for plywood siding not HardieBoard) and very comprehensive, including a detailed list of all material and services that were included in the project. He was always very responsive, replying to emails and calls within a day, both before and after we signed the contract. AHR has crews devoted to different work, e.g. siding, windows & doors. So our project was done in two parts: Team 1, headed by Andrew, first removed the old siding, did framing and structural work for the new windows, and installed the windows; Team 2 installed the new insulation, vapor barrier, plywood siding, and external siding (HardieBoard). Andrew, who headed Team 1, was exceedingly conscientious. He talked through choices as they came up, such as what parts of the framing had rot and needed to be replaced. In all cases, we talked through different options, and their cost differences. I felt we were able to make informed decisions about every aspect of the project without delaying progress. His team was also very respectful when they needed to do work from inside our home, covering everything with tarps, helping with furniture moving, and giving us advance notice of when they would need access. Team 2, who specializes in siding, worked like an amazing team of acrobats. I was amazed by how quickly they did their work, up and down the 3-story wall, and the very high quality of finish. This team's specializing on siding clearly pays off in its efficiency and quality. Both teams coordinated necessary inspections and left the work site tidy and well protected from the elements (this was in January) every day. My one negative of the experience is that our project start was delayed several months. This was primarily due to our building plans not being finalized by the initial start date AHR had assigned us due to open questions with the engineer (not AHR). After those were sorted out, we had to wait a few months for AHR to have another time slot for us. It was disappointing, but understandable given the high demand and low supply for construction services in the Bay Area right now. This was by far my best experience of several projects hiring contractors, tradesmen, or handypeople for home improvement work.

Description of Work
Siding replacement, Window installation & framing

Rosa's Cleaning Services

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in cleaning services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Adriana's House Cleaning

Adriana’s House Cleaning is located in the Bay Area of San Francisco, serving the surrounding area with the highest quality residential and commercial cleaning services at affordable and competitive prices. Established in 2003, we have a full staff of qualified, bonded, and insured people hand-picked professionals that treat your property as if it was their own. At Adriana’s House Cleaning, we provide premier standard house cleaning, deep cleaning, move in/move out cleaning, post-construction cleaning, spring cleaning (kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas), and commercial cleaning services. Our professional crew is well-trained to clean your space in a detailed manner with careful attention to the safety of your property. It’s because of this commitment that we enjoy an enviable word-of-mouth reputation throughout San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, Burlingame, Daly City, and the area.

FGV Construction Co

We specialize in all phases of remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, finishing basements, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

California
    California: Contractors
    09/30/2023
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Replacement windows, Fiberglass Windows, Vinyl Windows, French / Patio Doors , Exterior doors, Fiber Cement Siding, Exterior Siding , Cedar Siding , HardiPlank, Seamless Gutters,