The Furnace Room Inc

Founded 1975 • With Angi since June 2010

2951 Research Park Dr

Soquel, CA 95073

We are a family owned & operated heating & air conditioning business specializing in residential installations, maintenance & repair services. We service Santa Cruz County, Monterey County, Hollister & parts of South Santa Clara County . We offer free estimates, flat rate service appointments & annual maintenance aggreements....

10/09/2018

George K.

work completed ahead of schedule. very professional crew

Description of Work
2 Heat Pump Mini Split Systems

04/09/2018

John L.

Service tech arrived within the window, inspected the units tested the return air. Recommended adjustments to the thermostat to improve performance, overall good experience

Description of Work
A/C maintenance

06/21/2017

Frances M.

Everything went great. Ryan did an excellent job of scoping out the project, providing us with options, and answering all of our questions. Clearly he also did an excellent job of preparing the team and work before the project began, as the entire process was smooth. Paxton, Morgan and Seth arrived on time, worked hard, and were was easy to be around. They cleaned up and the end of the day, and were always polite and informative. The job was completed the job on time and on budget. Perfect!

Description of Work
The Furnace Room installed a new air conditioner, including relocating the A/C condensor to the opposite side of the house and a new furnace, which they changed from electric to propane.

06/09/2017

Teresa F.

I have been using them for 16 years. They installed it originally when the house was built 17 years ago, so it's natural to call them back. They are on time. I just call in and they came. There was no problem. I don't have anything to compare the quality of service to. We built the house, and it's been fine. I haven't got a bad thing to say about them. They were punctual. They came and did the job. The builder that built the house recommended them.

Description of Work
They cleaned some vents.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

03/28/2017

PATRICIA P.

Great! Very professional!

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up, new filter,2 new registers,checked carbon monoxide levels

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!

02/09/2017

Pat G.

It was expensive due to there being no furnace to begin with, they had to cut holes in the floor. I would use them again when needed.

Description of Work
They installed my new furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate the review [Member Name Removed], thank you for choosing The Furnace Room!

02/09/2017

Pat G.

06/28/2016

Anthony T.

Description of Work
Clean ducts

04/07/2016

Hugh C.

Description of Work
Serviced my furnace. It went fine.

04/04/2016

Dan H.

09/04/2015

Steve S.

It went beautifully. They gave me a really good deal and they did a thorough job. They definitely lived up to the quality.

Description of Work
They replaced my wall heater.

04/10/2015

Bryan L.

Greg arrived promptly. Had the part on hand. Was very professional. Furnace blower was out called on Thursday had appointment the next day. Did not try to sell us a new furnace or even a new motor. Very friendly and personable. Would definetly call them again.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor on Furnace

01/21/2015

Lindsay B.

Description of Work
tech diagnosed problem in less than 10 min and fixed it.Gave furnace a clean out of gas jets,turned it on and then there was heat.The Furnace Room has done other work in my home in the past and they are always prompt,reliable and reasonably priced.

02/17/2014

Marcee E.

It was basically a tune up/check up. They were good, professional and punctual.

Description of Work
They came out and inspected my furnace. They also included a new filter change.

10/05/2011

Joy K.

Everything was excellent. They did a great job. They showed up on time and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
They replaced all of the heatings pipes under the house and the vents. They also put in a new furnace. We had rats, skunks and raccoons that had gotten on the pipes and knocked them all down.

08/02/2011

Denise B.

I had called The Furnace Room in response to a card I received in the mail promising a check up on my air conditioner. Since it was beginning to become hot out, and my air conditioner was not working, I called and made an appointment. My technician was Greg. He came to the house during the specified time. He was very well groomed and put booties on his shoes to protect my floor. The problem with my air conditioner turned out to be more extensive than at first presumed. Greg had to come out a second time and there was no charge for the second visit. Greg then went above and beyond by asking a friend/technician about the problem with the air conditioner and asked his opinion on whether there was a reasonable way to fix the problem. To my way of thinking, this was something he did not need to do. He had come out, done his job in a professional manner and that could have been that. The people who answer the phone are very pleasant and easy to work with as well. It seems like a family operation and I have to say, it was exemplary service that I received. I will call on them again if I have issues with my heating or air conditioning.

Description of Work
I had called The Furnace Room to come out and check out what was going on with my air conditioner. The technician came out to the house within the prescribed time, and he first looked at the air conditioner. He checked the inside of the air conditioner and checked out the operation of the pump and the compressor. He then checked the vents in the house to determine if the compressor was doing it's job and making the air cool. It was not. The fan was running and blowing in warm air. He then checked the pressure of the compressor to see if it had any remaining freon. It was very low. He asked if I had it filled before. I had and it was working up until a day or so earlier. Then it just seemed to me the house was hot when I came home. Warmer than it was outside even. He said there may be a leak somewhere and explained the options we had to find a leak if one was present. He tightened some connectors on the furnace, and also replaced some missing screws. We checked the filters and it was decided by me that we should again refill the compressor. This was done. End of visit one. Visit two. The compressor had leaked out all freon. Options were again discussed after checking the compressor to make sure the freon had in fact leaked out. It turned out the compressor had finally given up. It was kaput. Greg explained to me in detail options I had. He promised to call a fellow technician to see if there was any other option other than replacing the unit. Since my furnace is about 30 years old, it was decided the whole shebang needed to be replaced. Since there is no money for that presently, that will have to wait for another day....

03/10/2011

Christopher D.

1 star rating 3/7/2011 Do not use this company as they are dishonest and will take advantage of you! They will significantly overcharge you! We have used the Furnace Room for over 20 years, so we trusted them. Last month, our old furnace quit, so we called the Furnace Room to replace it with a new one. After the installation and a day of no heat, we realized that it was installed incorrectly. We later learned that wrong thermostat was installed, too. The new furnace kept shutting down due to incorrect installation of the new furnace which misaligned the vapor exhaust pipe. The Furnace Room's plan was to install a new exhaust pipe punched through the garage wall. I gave them the name of our general contractor who knew the garage structure and the exhaust pipe, but they would not contact him to get additional information. Frustrated and cold, I contacted a second furnace contractor who originally installed the exhaust pipes. Both general and second furnace contractors confirmed that the pipes had been moved and that the installation of the new furnace had disrupted the exhaust flow. The second furnace contractor corrected the problem and installed the correct thermostat and, finally, the furnace works! I was also told by second contractor that the the Furnace Room had installed a similar furnace for $3,500 less!!!!! The Furnace Room sent a representative to look at the situation. He was arrogant and defensive and said that there was no way the Furnace Room would pay for the incorrect thermostat they put in nor the corrections that were made the furnace work correctly. The arrogant guy and the owner cast slurs on my contractor and the licensed furnace expert who fixed the furnace. Bud the owner of the Furnace Room hung up on me. We called our credit card company and to register a letter of dispute, since they did not finish the job. I strongly recommend that you do not use this company!

Description of Work
Install a furnace

Safehouse Dryer Vent Cleaning

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We have 10+ years. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Offers by Safehouse Dryer Vent Cleaning  on Angi
    Air Concepts, Inc

Welcome to Air Concepts, Inc! We are located in San Jose, CA and provide our HVAC services to those in the surrounding areas as well. We specialize in the repair and replacement of HVAC systems, central A/C repairs, electric furnace repairs, and more. Our goal is to ensure your heating and cooling systems are always working to the best of their ability. We are a team of committed professionals who are ready to give you exceptional service and a stress-free experience. Give us a call today to get started! We look forward to hearing from you soon.

The Vent Cleaner

The last thing my company will do is nickel and dime a customer for something they don't need. With over 50 years of experience in the trades, The Vent Cleaner has specialized in cleaning, repairing, & maintaining vents for residential, commercial, & HOA clients. Our expert technicians, and advance equipment will clean the air ducts throughout your home. The process includes the removal of unwanted particles and pollutants, from the grill back to the main panel unit, to ensure proper ventilation and the circulation of clean air with only EPA approved products. Our dryer vent cleaning service is a cost effective way to eliminate the unnecessary expense of extended drying times and keep your family safe from the risk of fire. Contact us today to learn more!

Offers by The Vent Cleaner on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Furnace, Heatpump & Wall Heater Installations, Service Repair & Maintenance, Air Conditioner Installation, Service Repair & Maintenance, Ducting Installation & Modification, Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Sheetmetal Fabrication, Air filtration & Purification